Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin / Buzsaky 10:38 - Jan 23 with 3103 viewsDANRANGER

Having seen what Buz has done in the last few games does anyone wonder why he couldn't have played in the middle alongside Faurlin as it seems to me he is only getting in as a replacement yet on Sat Barton was doing the Faurlin role.

Warnock clearly didn't rate him and I'm pleased that Hughes has given him a chance and he has taken it. When he did play under NW I felt he was asked to play a role that didn't suit him so I just hope he stays fit and can remain consistent as he brings potential goals from central midfield which we haven't had for some time.

Long may it continue.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 13:01 - Jan 23 with 660 viewsHantsR

Not sure where I lie between cocking and gobbles
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 13:09 - Jan 23 with 647 viewsPhilmyRs

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:46 - Jan 23 by gobbles

Therein lies the problem with too many fans on here and Warnock. Too much criticism and not enough invention.
We could create zero chances in a game and Warnock and you point at one mistake or one mistimed tackle. That way we play a thousand passes sideways and no one has the guts to pass the ball forward.
We failed under Warnock though a lack of invention, not because of occasional individual mistakes. He used to point at individual mistakes and create a atmosphere of fear. Yet the only reason they mattered was because we hardly ever had a shot on goal and because of this we brought pressure on our defence.
Buzsaky had as many shots on Saturday as the team has had in several games. Yet you point to a "soft free kick". Bring back Derry
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

You sound like Dave McIntyre? He’s been a consistent Akos fan over the years, even implying he was better than Adel.

I have to say I do agree with a lot of your points. You can have players that do ‘their’ job, win the ball, track back, hustle, distribute it simply, but never take the game to the next level. Why, because they’re not good enough. It’s not their fault, guy’s like Derry, Hill put a 100 per cent in every game but they just aren’t game changers, they do their job then head home. That’s why the best Football teams have a mix — they have workers, but they also have players that are not afraid to shoot, not afraid to try the inventive pass. This blend worked last season, Warnock had the right recipe. He had the workers but he had a certain Adel Tarrabt to provide the magic. As shown by our league position he was vindicated.

This season, playing in the Premiership, we needed a bit more ball retention and quality - brain over brawn. Buzz possessed such skill and I think should have played ahead of Derry in certain games. I’m pleased for Akos, a class player and one you want to watch. Sitting at home seeing how Akos performed, and how he’s jumped ahead of Derry, I wonder if Neil regrets not involving him as much this season, particularly in the winnable home games, my money would say yes he does, just a little.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 13:21 - Jan 23 with 631 viewslondonscottish

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:56 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

Have to agree with all that Gobbles. Well put.

"That way we play a thousand passes sideways and no one has the guts to pass the ball forward. "

That was the biggest overall difference for me on Saturday. The willingness to press forward and press forward fast. Something I haven't seen much of since that spell in Sep/Oct/Nov - Newcastle/Wolves/Man City/Stoke, etc.

And the fact that they weren't shy in letting rip from 25 yards out. Tommy scored his but Buzz and HH had a couple of impressive goes from distance.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 13:49 - Jan 23 with 609 viewskingo

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 13:21 - Jan 23 by londonscottish

"That way we play a thousand passes sideways and no one has the guts to pass the ball forward. "

That was the biggest overall difference for me on Saturday. The willingness to press forward and press forward fast. Something I haven't seen much of since that spell in Sep/Oct/Nov - Newcastle/Wolves/Man City/Stoke, etc.

And the fact that they weren't shy in letting rip from 25 yards out. Tommy scored his but Buzz and HH had a couple of impressive goes from distance.

The shooting from distance was certainly a major difference and even if they didn't go in they generally got a corner. Also noted that we actually have a routine for throw ins at last.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 13:57 - Jan 23 with 603 viewsjonno

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:05 - Jan 23 by swisscottage

Buzz is now playing in his best position, and the one we're most likely to see the best out of him.

Because most managers that have played him have thought of him as a luzury player, they don't even give him a proper try in his proper position .... the one in which he has 19 caps for Hungary.

Quite frankly its a succession of short sighted Bassett type english managers that appear to have type cast Buzz as a luxury player as opposed to a pivotal player, which also appears to have steared the thinking of equally short sighted fans.

Spot on.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 14:00 - Jan 23 with 598 viewsgazza1

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:56 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

Have to agree with all that Gobbles. Well put.

We failed under NW, Gobbles, becuase of many reasons and some of those many reasons were individual mistakes.....look at the goals we have conceded and there are many, many individual mistakes.

Big errors have been made by Kenny, Gabbidon, Faulin, Barton, Young to name just a few.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 14:34 - Jan 23 with 578 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 14:00 - Jan 23 by gazza1

We failed under NW, Gobbles, becuase of many reasons and some of those many reasons were individual mistakes.....look at the goals we have conceded and there are many, many individual mistakes.

Big errors have been made by Kenny, Gabbidon, Faulin, Barton, Young to name just a few.

True, but most goals can be attributed to individual mistakes. Even a goal like Rodallega's, which could not have been stopped (in terms of the shot itself), you have blamed on Buz for the foul. Such individual errors matter less if the team is making chances and scoring goals.

Bare bones.

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 15:03 - Jan 23 with 567 viewsgazza1

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 14:34 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

True, but most goals can be attributed to individual mistakes. Even a goal like Rodallega's, which could not have been stopped (in terms of the shot itself), you have blamed on Buz for the foul. Such individual errors matter less if the team is making chances and scoring goals.

I would like to have seen the Rodallega's shot saved......Superman would have struggled to stop that one .

Individual errors always need to be cut out if you want to be successful ....and we have made our fair share of individual errors.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 21:54 - Jan 23 with 529 viewsderbyhoop

Buzsaky would not be in the side if Faurlin hadn't got injured. But then, how often was Akos fit enough this season?

As others have said, the system we used last season had no room for a half fit Buzsaky. The combination of Hughes' rigid 4-4-2, Faurlin's injury and Buz being fit have given us a change. If Akos continues to play like he did on Saturday, then he should be a shoe in for the rest of the season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 22:08 - Jan 23 with 515 viewskensalriser

To be be fair, and I say this as a Buzsaky fan, he's done little in the last couple of years to suggest he'd be effective given a run in the team. He's had one good game against a poor side - Dennis Bailey scored a hattrick at Old Trafford once. Let's discuss it when he's had a run of good games.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 22:20 - Jan 23 with 507 viewsCharlie1

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 13:21 - Jan 23 by londonscottish

Spot on. We still need to improve here, we can be slow passing the ball but noticeably quicker than towards the end of NW reign.

I'm a big Akos fan and would love him to succeed. He's got the potential that's for sure. Fitness though? Hmmm
Let's give him a few more games.

We still need another cm.

2:59 baby!

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 22:34 - Jan 23 with 498 viewsHollowayRanger

given the choice of a 100% fit buszaky or a 100% fit taarabt

id pick buzasky everytime in the premiership where you need everyone to put in a shift while still have ability to make things happen

and taarabt everytime in the championship where you can afford to carry someone who's a match winner

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024