Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil warnock 20:04 - Feb 2 with 2809 viewsranger99

I know I am not the only one on here that misses Neil.I know that with mark we have a better chance of staying up but I think neil deserved the chance.I know what is done is what is done but he will be sawly missed by me. It makes me feell weird thinking of at him being at Leeds .if he does go I wish him very good luck (not great owners though).

Thank you Neil .
Neil warnock on 10:14 - Feb 3 with 718 viewsTopCat34

I feel that although Neil is a good manager and top bloke, he found himself lacking the necessary tactical knowledge to do well in the top flight.

Although, I have learned that thsi is a very unpopular opinion to give an airing
Neil warnock on 10:37 - Feb 3 with 696 viewscheeseydane

Neil warnock on 09:51 - Feb 3 by robith

I loved Neil and thought he deserved the chance at the whole season because of what he'd achieved.

However, the last 3 weeks have been a bit of an eye opener.

Even though Hughes knew he was getting players in, he still gave the existing squad a chance. In interviews he played down new signings and bigged up the team. Even if it wasn't true it made stark contrast with Neil's approach to saying he couldn't wait to replace the entire squad, almost counting the seconds to he could ditch people.

Getting linked to players who weren't just people who'd played well against us the week before.

Playing in two banks of four and closing down opportunities for the oppo - even Chelsea needed a dodge penalty to score against us.

Going 2-1 down at Wigan going on to win 3-1. That was the kind of situation under Warnock where we'd have capitulated.

Substitions used (with varying degrees of success) to try and change up our play and force the oppo to rethink. Not just arbitraily made in the 80th minute.

I was sceptical, but Hughes has massively won me over

'Going 2-1 down at Wigan going on to win 3-1. That was the kind of situation under Warnock where we'd have capitulated.'

Now that is an acheivement. Even Fergie and Mourinho have not managed that.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Neil warnock on 10:50 - Feb 3 with 684 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Always thought the Warnock cult was a little silly. Look at his achievements list and until winning the Championship with us he had basically won no trophies in 30 years of management. A good Championship manager is what he is, and with the resources available to him at this club he had every chance.

As it happens he also had a lot of luck to go on that unbeaten run. Penalties awarded to us, denied to the opposition etc. He got his nose in front and with Taarabt doing all of the attacking he was able to play no risks football something for which he is well suited. With Crashgate Flabio was out of the way for those vital first few months when he was able to establish a strong position.

Don't get me wrong I think he did a good job last season and I am very grateful for what he achieved. Getting Taarabt to sign, building the team to allow Taarabt freedom to play and getting Kyle Walker on loan were all excellent pieces of work. Bringing back Routledge again also shrewd. There were plenty of other good decisions as well. At the same time there were plenty of mistakes including public criticism of defenders and continued ineffective set pieces.

All in all thanks and congratulations are due to NW, but I don't want to hear how wonderful he is. Firstly it isn't true, and secondly he is history as far as our club is concerned.
Neil warnock on 10:57 - Feb 3 with 675 viewscarlosthebulb

Neil warnock on 10:50 - Feb 3 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Always thought the Warnock cult was a little silly. Look at his achievements list and until winning the Championship with us he had basically won no trophies in 30 years of management. A good Championship manager is what he is, and with the resources available to him at this club he had every chance.

As it happens he also had a lot of luck to go on that unbeaten run. Penalties awarded to us, denied to the opposition etc. He got his nose in front and with Taarabt doing all of the attacking he was able to play no risks football something for which he is well suited. With Crashgate Flabio was out of the way for those vital first few months when he was able to establish a strong position.

Don't get me wrong I think he did a good job last season and I am very grateful for what he achieved. Getting Taarabt to sign, building the team to allow Taarabt freedom to play and getting Kyle Walker on loan were all excellent pieces of work. Bringing back Routledge again also shrewd. There were plenty of other good decisions as well. At the same time there were plenty of mistakes including public criticism of defenders and continued ineffective set pieces.

All in all thanks and congratulations are due to NW, but I don't want to hear how wonderful he is. Firstly it isn't true, and secondly he is history as far as our club is concerned.

seconded
Neil warnock on 11:24 - Feb 3 with 663 viewsrobith

Neil warnock on 10:37 - Feb 3 by cheeseydane

'Going 2-1 down at Wigan going on to win 3-1. That was the kind of situation under Warnock where we'd have capitulated.'

Now that is an acheivement. Even Fergie and Mourinho have not managed that.

proof reading never was my strong point
Neil warnock on 11:33 - Feb 3 with 656 viewswestberksr

Neil warnock on 10:50 - Feb 3 by Spaghetti_Hoops

lots of managers have won no trophies with far better teams than Warnock has had at his disposal.

Whilst I agree with some of what you say; there is no denying that NW has a fantastic record at getting teams promoted. For the clubs that he has achieved this with; they'd never have won a trophy in a million years (LDV doesn't count!)

also the way that we won the title last year was more impressive as we didn't break the bank the way that the Birmingham's and Boro's and countless others have in the past; so the resources available were more than matched by most of the other clubs in the top half of the table and we walked it. When he joined there was a real chance that we could have been relegated; lets not lose sight of that.

Still happy that MH is the manager taking us forward and more able to deal with players who think they are a bit special because they are 'premiership quality'. He does also have the 'show us your medals' over anyone we are likely to sign for the forseeable and has benefitted from dealing with premiership setups all of his career.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Neil warnock on 12:08 - Feb 3 with 638 viewsQPunkR

I also miss Uncle Neil.

Yes we wouldn't have gotten this calibre of player under him but I am yet to be won over by Hughes and the so-called tactical masterstrokes of his everyone keeps threatening he's going to produce

QPR - "shit but local"

Neil warnock on 12:19 - Feb 3 with 627 viewsmacro

Leeds would be a good call, Clarke of Huddersfield is meant to be the front runner
Login to get fewer ads

Neil warnock on 15:04 - Feb 3 with 574 viewsmacclesfieldman

I loved Neil and thought he deserved the chance at the whole season because of what he'd achieved.

Even though Hughes knew he was getting players in, he still gave the existing squad a chance. In interviews he played down new signings and bigged up the team. Even if it wasn't true it made stark contrast with Neil's approach to saying he couldn't wait to replace the entire squad, almost counting the seconds to he could ditch people.

Getting linked to players who weren't just people who'd played well against us the week before.

Playing in two banks of four and closing down opportunities for the oppo - even Chelsea needed a dodge penalty to score against us.

Going 2-1 down at Wigan going on to win 3-1. That was the kind of situation under Warnock where we'd have capitulated.

Substitions used (with varying degrees of success) to try and change up our play and force the oppo to rethink. Not just arbitraily made in the 80th minute.

Wow, from 2-1 down we won 3-1. How did that happen?

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Neil warnock on 15:10 - Feb 3 with 571 viewsmacro

Neil warnock on 15:04 - Feb 3 by macclesfieldman

Wow, from 2-1 down we won 3-1. How did that happen?

It's a miracle... All hail
Neil warnock on 15:23 - Feb 3 with 551 viewsRuislipRangers

Yep miss him too , I am sure we would have been all over Chelsea instead of standing off ...... still its done and we will remember him for what he did for QPR .

Neil warnock on 15:33 - Feb 3 with 540 viewsElHoop

Hughes wouldn't have joined us if Warnock hadn't have got us promoted.

The Premier League is literally a different league. Unfortunately most of the players and coaching stuff that got us here aren't good enough to enjoy it. But that doesn't mean that anyone should disrespect those players and staff. I thought that it was an excellent piece by North on Rowlands in particular. Summed it up well. Plenty of people served us well in the dark days and their efforts ultimately gave us what we now have. And that includes Briatore and company too.
Neil warnock on 16:36 - Feb 3 with 508 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Neil warnock on 15:33 - Feb 3 by ElHoop

Hughes wouldn't have joined us if Warnock hadn't have got us promoted.

The Premier League is literally a different league. Unfortunately most of the players and coaching stuff that got us here aren't good enough to enjoy it. But that doesn't mean that anyone should disrespect those players and staff. I thought that it was an excellent piece by North on Rowlands in particular. Summed it up well. Plenty of people served us well in the dark days and their efforts ultimately gave us what we now have. And that includes Briatore and company too.

Agree with all that ElHoop. Warnock deserves plenty of credit.

A Championship winning manager does not necessarily make a good Premier League manager. If you look at the last 10 Championship winning managers there are not many that continued to scale the heights. It could be getting harder.

Neil Warnock
Chris Hughton
Mick McCarthy (Wolves)
Tony Mowbray
Roy Keane
Steve Coppell
Mick McCarthy (Sunderland)
Nigel Worthington
Harry Redknapp
Kevin Keegan
Neil warnock on 16:41 - Feb 3 with 503 viewsNorthernr

Neil warnock on 16:36 - Feb 3 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Agree with all that ElHoop. Warnock deserves plenty of credit.

A Championship winning manager does not necessarily make a good Premier League manager. If you look at the last 10 Championship winning managers there are not many that continued to scale the heights. It could be getting harder.

Neil Warnock
Chris Hughton
Mick McCarthy (Wolves)
Tony Mowbray
Roy Keane
Steve Coppell
Mick McCarthy (Sunderland)
Nigel Worthington
Harry Redknapp
Kevin Keegan

In addition of the last four managers to gain automatic promotion to the Premiership, only Paul Lambert looks like he's going to make it through the first season afterwards.
Neil warnock on 16:59 - Feb 3 with 492 viewsA40Bosh

An observation I would make at this early stage (and by "observation" I mean "observation" not "criticism") is that he does not appear to do touchy feely management with his players.

I picked up on something that Booby Z said on his initial interview after signing where he said the Fulham players "grew to like Mark", which I found interesting.

Similarly in the Wolves press conference one of the journos made a comment concerning the submission of the squad of 25 leading to "some hard conversations". MH responded "not really" and either misinterpretted the question or appears to be able to remain for distant emotionally than NW was when talking about players not making the 25 last time around.

So there may be a marked difference in management style now and a dealing with certain "sensitive" or "confidence" players in a tougher way and it will be interesting to see how the 25 pans out this time around in terms of which 11+7 are picked every week compared to the first half of the season.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Neil warnock on 17:04 - Feb 3 with 478 viewsNorthernr

Neil warnock on 16:59 - Feb 3 by A40Bosh

An observation I would make at this early stage (and by "observation" I mean "observation" not "criticism") is that he does not appear to do touchy feely management with his players.

I picked up on something that Booby Z said on his initial interview after signing where he said the Fulham players "grew to like Mark", which I found interesting.

Similarly in the Wolves press conference one of the journos made a comment concerning the submission of the squad of 25 leading to "some hard conversations". MH responded "not really" and either misinterpretted the question or appears to be able to remain for distant emotionally than NW was when talking about players not making the 25 last time around.

So there may be a marked difference in management style now and a dealing with certain "sensitive" or "confidence" players in a tougher way and it will be interesting to see how the 25 pans out this time around in terms of which 11+7 are picked every week compared to the first half of the season.

To be fair Warnock was only touchy feely with you while he had a use for you. Rowlands, Ephraim, Chimbonda and others were dropped like a rock and ignored as soon as he didn't.
Neil warnock on 17:16 - Feb 3 with 468 viewsA40Bosh

Neil warnock on 17:04 - Feb 3 by Northernr

To be fair Warnock was only touchy feely with you while he had a use for you. Rowlands, Ephraim, Chimbonda and others were dropped like a rock and ignored as soon as he didn't.

Agreed Clive

I should have been clearer that it more was the public image difference in front of the press - especially the way Warnock was with the press even when we got beat he was upbeat.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Neil warnock on 17:56 - Feb 3 with 452 viewsWeaverQPR

Not overly fussed if Hughes isnt media friendly or pally pally with the palyers i just want him to get results.

@WeavQPR

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024