Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are we all reading? 18:56 - Apr 24 with 7778 viewsWarfieldHoop

We havn't had one of these threads for a while, so what is everyone currently reading or read?

I'm reading The Map by T.S Learner which was only published earlier this year. It's a mystery thriller with history in the style of Dan Brown (only not as good imo). Before that I read Hawk Quest which I reccomend to anyone who enjoys historical fiction. Next up will be Scott of the Antarctic by David Crane.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
What are we all reading? on 18:57 - Apr 24 with 3619 viewsHayesender

Loftforwords

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What are we all reading? on 18:59 - Apr 24 with 3609 viewsJonDoeman

A Dan Brown fan eh!

It Is What It Is !!

What are we all reading? on 19:02 - Apr 24 with 3604 viewsLimehouseR

Just finished reading Patrick Rothfuss 'The Wise Mans Fear' which was OK but not as good as the first book 'The Name of the Wind'.

Now reading 'Before They Are Hanged' by Joe Abercrombie, which is the 2nd book of 'The First Law' series. It's quite good really.

In non fiction I just finished 'The Time Travellers Guide to Medieval England'. Quite an easy to read and fun history book. They had some crazy ideas back then!
What are we all reading? on 19:07 - Apr 24 with 3595 viewsCHUBBS

This fcukin website waitin for this never ending season to finnish!!
What are we all reading? on 19:12 - Apr 24 with 3580 viewsBazWoT

The Premier League Table.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

What are we all reading? on 19:22 - Apr 24 with 3561 viewsN12Hoop

Fixture lists

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

What are we all reading? on 19:26 - Apr 24 with 3552 viewsWeAreQPR12

Triumph of the Sun by wilbur smith, fantastic book and superb author
What are we all reading? on 19:42 - Apr 24 with 3528 viewsBlackCrowe

Flashman & The Mountain Of Light

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

What are we all reading? on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 3524 viewsgueRRilla

The My Lai Massacre in American History and Memory by Kendrick Oliver and Al Jazeera: How the Free Arab News Network Scooped the World and Changed the Middle East. Definite yawn on the My Lai one I can assure you...
What are we all reading? on 20:14 - Apr 24 with 3511 viewsWarfieldHoop

What are we all reading? on 19:26 - Apr 24 by WeAreQPR12

Triumph of the Sun by wilbur smith, fantastic book and superb author

Good choice. I read that on holiday last year.
What are we all reading? on 20:16 - Apr 24 with 3499 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

11.22.63 by Stephen King, so far so good.

Last book was Edgar Allen Poe (collection free on iPad!).

What are we all reading? on 20:20 - Apr 24 with 3490 viewsBromleyHoop

Four Kings about the fights between Leonard, Duran, Hagler and Hearns. It was ok. Followed that with Johnny Nelson's Autobiography Hard Road to Glory (or something like that) which was possibly the worst book I've ever read.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

What are we all reading? on 20:25 - Apr 24 with 3477 viewsscot1963

What are we all reading? on 19:42 - Apr 24 by BlackCrowe

Flashman & The Mountain Of Light

is that a newer flashman book in the macdonald fraser series - have read all the others years ago but don't recognise that title

am back reading rest of mel's book and also the invention of murder (about victorian fascination with the subject)
What are we all reading? on 20:27 - Apr 24 with 3477 viewsderbyhoop

The help by Kathryn stoddard. Was a film earlier this year.i

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What are we all reading? on 20:31 - Apr 24 with 3465 viewsDanVanDyke

What are we all reading? on 20:25 - Apr 24 by scot1963

is that a newer flashman book in the macdonald fraser series - have read all the others years ago but don't recognise that title

am back reading rest of mel's book and also the invention of murder (about victorian fascination with the subject)

George MacDonald Fraser died a couple of years ago, so not a new one. The Mountain of Light was halfway through the series , all the Flashman's were awesome!

Got a Kindle for my birthday so have gone book mad at the moment, Waterstone's Newcastle branch cried when I told them! Reading 'The English Monster' and 'The Winter King' in tandem. One for bedtime and the other for the metro journey to work.
What are we all reading? on 20:37 - Apr 24 with 3460 viewsscot1963

What are we all reading? on 20:31 - Apr 24 by DanVanDyke

George MacDonald Fraser died a couple of years ago, so not a new one. The Mountain of Light was halfway through the series , all the Flashman's were awesome!

Got a Kindle for my birthday so have gone book mad at the moment, Waterstone's Newcastle branch cried when I told them! Reading 'The English Monster' and 'The Winter King' in tandem. One for bedtime and the other for the metro journey to work.

thought he might have died. kindle is a swear word in my book
What are we all reading? on 20:40 - Apr 24 with 3451 viewsBlackCrowe

Mountain of light is an oldie. Set in Afghanistan, beautiful nymphonmaniac and debauched queen, precious jewel, much whoring and booze, and Flashy caught right in the middle of horrendous danger. Usual blissful fayre.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

What are we all reading? on 20:48 - Apr 24 with 3428 viewsDanVanDyke

What are we all reading? on 20:37 - Apr 24 by scot1963

thought he might have died. kindle is a swear word in my book

Well, I used to think so too until I got one! I spend £100 a month on books and my wife was sick of them all around the house so was trying to get me to get a Kindle, but I always resisted on the grounds that it wasn't the same as cracking the spine etc. She ended up buying it for me as a risky pressie...

But I've got to say it's actually rather good, although I do miss the covers. Will be really useful on holiday as I can go through a book a day on a fortnight holiday and that's quite a chunk out of baggage allowance with real books.
What are we all reading? on 20:50 - Apr 24 with 3421 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I read the free books on my iPad but much prefer owning a hard copy of the book. If I like it in soft copy I'll go and buy the hard copy.
What are we all reading? on 20:50 - Apr 24 with 3421 viewsscot1963

What are we all reading? on 20:40 - Apr 24 by BlackCrowe

Mountain of light is an oldie. Set in Afghanistan, beautiful nymphonmaniac and debauched queen, precious jewel, much whoring and booze, and Flashy caught right in the middle of horrendous danger. Usual blissful fayre.

sure i'd read one about afghanistan but not with that title - were there two?
What are we all reading? on 20:56 - Apr 24 with 3413 viewsMrSheen

One of the good things about the Kindle is that you can get books that are out of print, and quite cheaply too. Hence, I'm reading Jan Morris' brilliant three-part history of the British Empire and a couple of books by Theodore Dalrymple, the pen-name of a doctor who works in inner-city Birmingham in a hospital and a prison.
What are we all reading? on 20:58 - Apr 24 with 3408 viewsade_qpr

What are we all reading? on 20:25 - Apr 24 by scot1963

hmmmm no hair cuts from you, Sweeney Todd : Demon barber of Fleet Street

old school at the moment with Alistair Maclean then move onto Edward Rutherfurd

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

What are we all reading? on 20:58 - Apr 24 with 3408 viewsDanVanDyke

What are we all reading? on 20:50 - Apr 24 by scot1963

sure i'd read one about afghanistan but not with that title - were there two?

The first book was about the retreat from Kabul so was mainly set in Afghanistan, not one of the British Empire's greatest moments!
What are we all reading? on 21:08 - Apr 24 with 3386 viewsWarfieldHoop

What are we all reading? on 20:58 - Apr 24 by DanVanDyke

The first book was about the retreat from Kabul so was mainly set in Afghanistan, not one of the British Empire's greatest moments!

And to think that since then we've been back to Afganistan three times!
What are we all reading? on 22:02 - Apr 24 with 3357 viewsMrGrieves

What are we all reading? on 21:08 - Apr 24 by WarfieldHoop

And to think that since then we've been back to Afganistan three times!

A Life Too Short:The Tragedy of Robert Enke.

A brilliant book, but it really is horribly moving in places. Depression is something we really don't talk about enough.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024