Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season 18:02 - May 16 with 2641 viewscoolranger

So...now the dust has finally begun to settle on that epic day at the Etihad, and some of us have decided we will always have a unique link / mutual respect with City, what do we want for next season?

I'd like to see us establish ourselves next season as a solid mid-table Premier League side next season, as Fulham have taken a decade to do.

From there many things could happen....a tilt at the Europa League within 3 years would be fantastic - following Rangers to Bilbao etc for some memorable European nights would be out of this world. Let's walk first!

Views?
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 18:04 - May 16 with 2025 viewsKevinPR

14th or so would do me in the league - never flirting with the bottom 3.

Plus a cup run (final).
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 18:05 - May 16 with 2017 viewsWestbourneR

Realistically 12th would more than do but to honest I already think we'll finish 7th because I am foolish blind fickle football fan.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 18:06 - May 16 with 2009 viewsN12Hoop

Winner of the fair play league

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 18:06 - May 16 with 2009 viewscoolranger

also I'd like to see Rangers pay back a few sides I feel we should have beaten this season. Unfortunately / fortunately some of them are in the Championship now!
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 18:10 - May 16 with 1992 viewsTGRRRSSS

How about 12th???
Hopefully some payback for this season certain sides.
That said more results like some of the home wins against Top 4 sides would also go down very well.
Oh and a shock away win please (OT, Etihad etc)
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 18:37 - May 16 with 1941 viewscheeseydane

Cant we have the same as this season?

Exciting...no?

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 18:38 - May 16 with 1939 viewsJeff

somewhere between 10th and 14th. probably below Fulham but above Stoke. the quarter-final of either cup.

and i want everything sorted by the start of April, at the VERY LATEST. Effectively safe from relegation and out both cups, with almost no chance of Europe. i want the longest dullest most boring slide into the end of the season imaginable.

Can we not knock it?

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:02 - May 16 with 1899 viewsGetMeRangers

double over scum, with luck denying them title or a champions league place. To acheive 10th theis season we needed 10 more points... in games I watched we certainly should have had those points up until things went against us. I think we would ahve won at Bolton, and beaten wolves and Norwich... thats 9 and take SWP disallowed and we would have been there. Hoping for 10th or better

Realistically 12th-14th with perhaps a cup run
Login to get fewer ads

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:15 - May 16 with 1868 viewsJuzzie

16th

Nah, anything around where Norwich/Swansea ended up for next season then it would be great if we could have a proper bash at one of the cups the following season. I know they're devalued these days but a cup win would be awesome.

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:21 - May 16 with 1851 viewsCHUBBS

Top 10-if we improve away should be our aim.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:22 - May 16 with 1850 viewsElHoop

Teams we won't finish above:

Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle
Liverpool
Fulham
WBA

I reckon that we could finish above the rest if we bring in enough reinforcements, but we probably won't manage that. I'd be very happy with 14th but 11th is achievable.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:27 - May 16 with 1837 viewsEalingRanger

Comfortable mid-table finish please with no:
- racism row
- managerial changes
- panoply of red cards
- disgraceful refereeing decisions
- relegation battle
- Mackie-style injuries
- Holt goals against us
- FA inquiries
- Barton
- conceding six goals to local rivals

Somehow I think we are incapable of having a quiet season though
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:58 - May 16 with 1777 viewsDesertBoot

Improve ten points more than this season and we are comfotably mid-table.
That has to be realistic doesn't it?
How many points were dropped by the odd-goal last season due to no-one with the ability to take gilt-edged chances?
West Brom and Everton at home - there's four points lost straight away.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 20:00 - May 16 with 1771 viewsstansleftfoot

Not to be the most Fouled side in the League with the highest number of Red cards!
Where are we in the Yellows league.....this tantamount to a conspiracy....if that stops and we get rid of fifteen or even more and...add Diakite, Taiwo, and four or five others a middle table and upwards finishing position is a given.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 20:05 - May 16 with 1757 viewsbosh67

I would say we'll be too good for the Prem and the Champions League by the end of next season. We'll probably need our own Champions Super Cup and that will probably have to be against robots.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 20:36 - May 16 with 1713 viewsSurreyHoop

Mid table mediocrity finishing above Fulham will suit me fine next season
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 21:05 - May 16 with 1636 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

45pts would be a realistic target.

There was a big gap between us and genuine midtable sides in the season gone.
Liverpool 3-3, Fulham 0-7, West Brom 1-2, Swansea 4-1, Norwich 2-4, Sunderland 3-6

Total 13 goals for 23 against

I would be surprised if we could bridge that gap in one go and don't see any reasons why we are going to, anyway at this early stage.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 21:07 - May 16 with 1636 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Im being serious when i say for once i just want a really dull season with a few suprises. A win vs Chelsea and do the double over norwich whilst finishing 11th out of both cups in the quarters while being safe from relegation and europa league . The after this season i would want to push for higher but please just a dull season would perfectly suit me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:13 - May 16 with 1545 viewsRangersAreBack

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:22 - May 16 by ElHoop

Teams we won't finish above:

Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle
Liverpool
Fulham
WBA

I reckon that we could finish above the rest if we bring in enough reinforcements, but we probably won't manage that. I'd be very happy with 14th but 11th is achievable.

With the right additions and better luck there's every chance we can finish above Fulham and WBA.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:20 - May 16 with 1524 viewsNeil_SI

All we can hope for is progression both on and off the pitch, but we need to be careful about second season syndrome. There's been a lot of sides that have survived their first year but dropped down at the second time of asking and we've got to make sure that doesn't happen to us.

We're in a great position to kick on and push forward now, so we must seize that opportunity with both hands. We've still got to earn the right to reach mid-table and beyond, so as long as we do things right and work hard, we should hopefully be okay and from there, who knows?
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:21 - May 16 with 1521 viewsSpiritofGregory

We will have a much stronger squad and lots of time for players to gel. I'm going for a top 8 finish.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:30 - May 16 with 1506 viewsMelakaRanger

10th is the target to aim at for next season. Then the season after 6th!
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:40 - May 16 with 1494 viewsElHoop

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:13 - May 16 by RangersAreBack

With the right additions and better luck there's every chance we can finish above Fulham and WBA.

Fulham will probably lose Dempsey and have one or two old stagers, but they seem too have a few young players coming through as well. I don't think that we have enough to finish above them although I could see us taking points off them this time.

WBA will have a new manager, probably Hughton, and they seem a well run club so you'd expect them to get a bit stronger. A lot of other teams will improve as well. The league is getting stronger even outside of the top 6 and you need a squad that can tackle its opponents in a variety of ways with different structures and manpower as the need arises and Hughes seems to be able to do this. It's not like the old days when you had a good XI and sent them out every week. You fear for the likes of Pulis who don't seem to see the need for a very varied approach. It seems so different to the Championship and how the Premier league was last time that we were up.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 23:01 - May 16 with 1462 viewsBlueWhiteHoops

It would be nice to keep 11 players on the pitch for most of our games!
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 23:09 - May 16 with 1456 viewsNorthernr

An early prediction - I think we'll win four away games, lose four home games, and finish about 12th.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024