Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season 18:02 - May 16 with 2658 viewscoolranger

So...now the dust has finally begun to settle on that epic day at the Etihad, and some of us have decided we will always have a unique link / mutual respect with City, what do we want for next season?

I'd like to see us establish ourselves next season as a solid mid-table Premier League side next season, as Fulham have taken a decade to do.

From there many things could happen....a tilt at the Europa League within 3 years would be fantastic - following Rangers to Bilbao etc for some memorable European nights would be out of this world. Let's walk first!

Views?
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 00:20 - May 17 with 606 viewsQPR_Jim

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:20 - May 16 by Neil_SI

All we can hope for is progression both on and off the pitch, but we need to be careful about second season syndrome. There's been a lot of sides that have survived their first year but dropped down at the second time of asking and we've got to make sure that doesn't happen to us.

We're in a great position to kick on and push forward now, so we must seize that opportunity with both hands. We've still got to earn the right to reach mid-table and beyond, so as long as we do things right and work hard, we should hopefully be okay and from there, who knows?

Interesting you should mention second season syndrome. I firmly believe, rightly or wrongly, that the trouble we've had staying up this season will prevent us being complacent next season. I think Norwich and Swansea are far more susceptible to second season syndrome as they have seemingly mastered mid-table already and may take it for granted.

Ultimately I will hope for mid-table and a cup run, but will be prepared for another scrap for survival and a quick exit from both cups.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 03:09 - May 17 with 582 viewsCanadaRanger

13th... and that's what the bookies are suggesting...
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 04:23 - May 17 with 575 viewsKiwi76

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 23:09 - May 16 by Northernr

An early prediction - I think we'll win four away games, lose four home games, and finish about 12th.

Bloody hell - are you still drunk from weekend Clive?!
That is outright optimistic coming from you - think we will be about there as well and my cup run expectations is at least a couple of victories - maybe little further in League Cup if get a favourable draw.
Season causing lot less strain on heart and mind....
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 08:27 - May 17 with 556 viewsBedford_R

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 22:20 - May 16 by Neil_SI

All we can hope for is progression both on and off the pitch, but we need to be careful about second season syndrome. There's been a lot of sides that have survived their first year but dropped down at the second time of asking and we've got to make sure that doesn't happen to us.

We're in a great position to kick on and push forward now, so we must seize that opportunity with both hands. We've still got to earn the right to reach mid-table and beyond, so as long as we do things right and work hard, we should hopefully be okay and from there, who knows?

I think we have had our second season syndrome this season. Norwich and Swansea will be worse off next season as they over achieved this season whereas the reverse is true for us.

RMH_R Reborn

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 09:28 - May 17 with 534 viewsbarbicanranger

there are still quite a few moving parts to next season: villa (who will they appoint), norwich (will they lose lambert), WBA (who will they appoint), reading (will they throw cash around), soton (WTF to expect there), west ham or blackpool (the former with Allardyce could be tricky) but ultimately I can see the PL being more difficult next season than it was this season. all those situations will become clearer over the summer as will the ambitions of Qpr - as Hughes and the Board move on with their plans.

At this point I would take a more comfortable ride than this season, which probably equates to a slightly better home record (including the smattering of whale huntings we had this season) and a few more points away from HQ. I'd also quite like it if we finish above Norwich and Swansea.

On that note, by prediction for second season syndrome is Swansea, they've been found out good and proper.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 09:28 - May 17 with 532 views00calben

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 19:58 - May 16 by DesertBoot

Improve ten points more than this season and we are comfotably mid-table.
That has to be realistic doesn't it?
How many points were dropped by the odd-goal last season due to no-one with the ability to take gilt-edged chances?
West Brom and Everton at home - there's four points lost straight away.

We should certainly have had an extra 6pts from the Wolves and Norwich home matches alone - those dropped points were purely down to the stupidity of Barton & Cisse.

I believe we can also turn a couple of the home draws into wins (Newcastle, Villa, WBA, Blackburn) now that we have a true Premier League goalscorer and Cisse, and that Adel has finally settled down, particularly at LR.

However, we cannot expect to beat Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and the scum this year.

The above, plus the fact we SHOULD have a far better record against the bottom 5 sides this year, means that - with a settled squad having a good pre-season together - I feel 8pts more than last season is ostensibly acheivable - this would bring us up to 13th and have us mathematically safe around Easter. That, plus a decent Cup run (take the League Cup serious) would be an excellent season IMO. Small steps.....
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 16:57 - May 17 with 493 viewsPinnerPaul

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 09:28 - May 17 by barbicanranger

there are still quite a few moving parts to next season: villa (who will they appoint), norwich (will they lose lambert), WBA (who will they appoint), reading (will they throw cash around), soton (WTF to expect there), west ham or blackpool (the former with Allardyce could be tricky) but ultimately I can see the PL being more difficult next season than it was this season. all those situations will become clearer over the summer as will the ambitions of Qpr - as Hughes and the Board move on with their plans.

At this point I would take a more comfortable ride than this season, which probably equates to a slightly better home record (including the smattering of whale huntings we had this season) and a few more points away from HQ. I'd also quite like it if we finish above Norwich and Swansea.

On that note, by prediction for second season syndrome is Swansea, they've been found out good and proper.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Can we drop the obsession with Swansea and Norwich next season?
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 17:18 - May 17 with 480 viewsdaveB

whats all this rubbish about mid table boring season. No Thanks, same again please, that finish to the season was bloody brilliant. Who wnats an end of season with nothing to play for, paying £50 for match tickets for games that mean nothing, if we could have the same again and stay up I'd take that now.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 17:19 - May 17 with 478 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we strengthen sensibly in the right areas, we should be able to hold our own in mid-table - 15th -11th i reckon.

It's difficult to predict the relegation strugglers for next year.

Wigan likely stripped of Martinez and Moses should struggle (but people always say that of them!)

Soton, Reading and Blackpool/West Ham are all unknown quantities - but you would think at least one o two of them will struggle to adapt.

Villa underperformed badly with Mcleish and should be better unless their crazy owner picks another stinker of a manager.

Norwich and Swansea could both potentially lose their talismanic managers this summer and as mentioned could suffer from second season syndrome.

Stoke i reckon could struggle, getting stale and complacent under Pulis over the 2nd half of this season.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 17:47 - May 17 with 463 viewssimmo

I think its easier to talk in terms of points. Something around the 45-50 point mark would be good improvement especially the upper end of that and easily achievable. Obviously alot depends on injuries to key players again like Faurlin, Zamora, Cisse but if we maintain our home form then we can easily push on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 20:17 - May 17 with 453 viewsMrSheen

A goal against Fulham would be nice.
Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 21:18 - May 17 with 443 viewsMatch82

Rangers target for 2012-13 Premier League season on 17:18 - May 17 by daveB

whats all this rubbish about mid table boring season. No Thanks, same again please, that finish to the season was bloody brilliant. Who wnats an end of season with nothing to play for, paying £50 for match tickets for games that mean nothing, if we could have the same again and stay up I'd take that now.

But if I gave you that deal then you'd know in advance you were staying up.

Might lose some of the drama
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024