Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1600 for spurs!!! 22:38 - Sep 3 with 10185 viewsLoyalR

Do the club really have any idea what is going on, this really is a joke!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
1600 for spurs!!! on 15:02 - Sep 4 with 1376 viewsNorthernr

1600 for spurs!!! on 14:56 - Sep 4 by finney

We took 2400 or so to Norwich City so we ask for 1600 Vs Spurs nah do not get that.
City was always going to be a hard sell due to many reasons.
To ask for 2800 at City and 1600 at Spurs is moronic of the highest order

Paul we took nowhere near 2,400 to Norwich, We asked for 2,400 tickets and were given them. The block we were sitting in was half empty.
1600 for spurs!!! on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 1359 viewskensalriser

Can we have a new stadium thread now please?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

1600 for spurs!!! on 15:22 - Sep 4 with 1348 viewsfinney

1600 for spurs!!! on 15:02 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Paul we took nowhere near 2,400 to Norwich, We asked for 2,400 tickets and were given them. The block we were sitting in was half empty.

so you think we will only take 1600 to spurs?
I think it is common sense and as always the club has kneejerked when it would be the right thing not to panic and ask for same as last season as no matter what we would sell them.
What kind of a global brand do they want?

Nowich where i sat looked full enough
1600 for spurs!!! on 15:23 - Sep 4 with 1346 viewsfinney

In fact we would have taken 1600 or more to Orient
1600 for spurs!!! on 15:31 - Sep 4 with 1335 viewsaustinqpr

Top right hand 'block' at Norwich was largely empty, in fact I'd imagine the few people sitting there had moved from the fuller bits for whatever reason.

I was sitting in the home end so had a decent view of our turnout, which actually I was quit impressed with given the price/ bank holiday.
1600 for spurs!!! on 16:14 - Sep 4 with 1307 viewsNorthernr

1600 for spurs!!! on 15:22 - Sep 4 by finney

so you think we will only take 1600 to spurs?
I think it is common sense and as always the club has kneejerked when it would be the right thing not to panic and ask for same as last season as no matter what we would sell them.
What kind of a global brand do they want?

Nowich where i sat looked full enough

Like I say i think we could probably have sold the full allocation at Spurs - although at £41 on a Sunday afternoon in the ars end of London perhaps not.

What annoys me is we have these threads all the time about the allocations and our away support simply doesn't justify them. We had this exact thread for Norwich and there were at least 400 empty seats there.
1600 for spurs!!! on 16:21 - Sep 4 with 1296 viewsRangersw12

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:14 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Like I say i think we could probably have sold the full allocation at Spurs - although at £41 on a Sunday afternoon in the ars end of London perhaps not.

What annoys me is we have these threads all the time about the allocations and our away support simply doesn't justify them. We had this exact thread for Norwich and there were at least 400 empty seats there.

Nobody knew the price of Norwich when they registered interest which I believe is why they went for the bigger allocation and to be fair we clearly needed the bigger allocation as we had 2,000.

What the club need to do is tell us the price of the ticket when registering interest as I for example went for Norwich instead of City because City was £45.00 last season

As for Spurs we have always had decent support for London games so they should of took the bigger allocation as any game in London is easy to get to
1600 for spurs!!! on 16:23 - Sep 4 with 1291 viewsNorthernr

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:21 - Sep 4 by Rangersw12

Nobody knew the price of Norwich when they registered interest which I believe is why they went for the bigger allocation and to be fair we clearly needed the bigger allocation as we had 2,000.

What the club need to do is tell us the price of the ticket when registering interest as I for example went for Norwich instead of City because City was £45.00 last season

As for Spurs we have always had decent support for London games so they should of took the bigger allocation as any game in London is easy to get to

Tottenham is £41 and more difficult to get to than Norwich for many.
Look we can go round and round on this, I'm just sick to the back teeth of people bashing the box office and cracking on about Fulham's away support.
Login to get fewer ads

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:29 - Sep 4 with 1283 viewsRangersw12

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:23 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Look we can go round and round on this, I'm just sick to the back teeth of people bashing the box office and cracking on about Fulham's away support.

I cannot see how Norwich away is easier to get to than Tottenham for anybody unless they actually live in Norwich !

As for Fulham they have an average of 25k we have an average of 17ish so they should be taking far more than we do so that is why their support can be mocked
1600 for spurs!!! on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 1276 viewsNorthernr

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:29 - Sep 4 by Rangersw12

I cannot see how Norwich away is easier to get to than Tottenham for anybody unless they actually live in Norwich !

As for Fulham they have an average of 25k we have an average of 17ish so they should be taking far more than we do so that is why their support can be mocked

Because Norwich is two hours on a direct train, the stadium is right next to the station and you can get a return ticket for £12. No way of surveying it but I suspect the majority of QPR fans in the away end at Spurs will have paid more and taken longer to get there than that. It's a 20 minute walk from the tube station for a kick off, and that's at my pace.
1600 for spurs!!! on 16:44 - Sep 4 with 1261 viewsNorthernr

Should have taken more for Spurs, but can understand why they didn't. And with that I'm off
1600 for spurs!!! on 16:46 - Sep 4 with 1257 viewsRangersw12

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:35 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Because Norwich is two hours on a direct train, the stadium is right next to the station and you can get a return ticket for £12. No way of surveying it but I suspect the majority of QPR fans in the away end at Spurs will have paid more and taken longer to get there than that. It's a 20 minute walk from the tube station for a kick off, and that's at my pace.

Norwich was £12 if you booked up 3 months in advance on the day it was about £40

You get the direct train to Norwich from Liverpool street and direct train from Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters so can't see much difference bar it only takes about 20 mins

Talking of train tickets you found anything for United cheapest I saw was £58.00 !

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:53 - Sep 4 with 1253 viewsMichael_Hunt

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:35 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Clive,

Sorry to be pedantic but,

Norwich might be only a 2 hour direct train, but that's from Liverpool St which is the same for Spurs. WHL or Northumberland Park is only 10 mins or so from Liverpool St plus say 10 to walk. On top of which the Train fare (for me anyway) is the same as my normal ticket to Shepherds Bush, as they are both classed as overground stations even though you have to use the tube to transfer between Terminus'

other than that the train fare from Liverpool St to either of those stations is around £6 without discount.
1600 for spurs!!! on 17:19 - Sep 4 with 1232 viewsNorthernr

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:46 - Sep 4 by Rangersw12

Norwich was £12 if you booked up 3 months in advance on the day it was about £40

You get the direct train to Norwich from Liverpool street and direct train from Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters so can't see much difference bar it only takes about 20 mins

Talking of train tickets you found anything for United cheapest I saw was £58.00 !

The Man Utd train tickets are a disgrace. First day they've been on sale today and the cheapest single back is now £64. I've one or two tricks up my sleeve for this, but I'm not posting them here until we've booked our lot
1600 for spurs!!! on 17:21 - Sep 4 with 1225 viewsKonk

1600 for spurs!!! on 17:19 - Sep 4 by Northernr

The Man Utd train tickets are a disgrace. First day they've been on sale today and the cheapest single back is now £64. I've one or two tricks up my sleeve for this, but I'm not posting them here until we've booked our lot

Man Utd trains are always a nightmare - usually the same for Liverpool too. One year we went up via Leeds or Sheffield (can't remember which) and that worked out a fair bit cheaper.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

1600 for spurs!!! on 17:21 - Sep 4 with 1181 views18StoneOfHoop

Fat Man On A Bicycle offers his 10 cents:

'Ars(why no 'e'?) end of London'?.. you're having a laugh.
A lengthy train journey and then long walk to White Hart Lane is a mug's game.
Last season I enjoyed a very convivial, sauntering,13 mile 80 minuteish bicycle ride from W12 to Spuds costing me all of 000 pence.Parking and drinking in the excellent huge Irish Working Men's Club just 5 mins walk from the away end. Away supporters tolerated..ah,more than that.. even made to feel welcome.

My only quibble about the whole trip being the lack of Lyon's or Kipling's classical Bakewell Tarts to be found en route (The Thinking Fattie's Food Of First Recourse) - sorry slices and tartlets just won't do - stocked in Sainsbury's,Tesco's,Iceland's & Asda's supermarkets from Camden Town onwards. I have of course written letters of complaint to all these Big 4 sloppy supermarket's Head Offices,so far without satisfaction.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

1600 for spurs!!! on 19:54 - Sep 4 with 1131 viewssmegma

1600 for spurs!!! on 16:23 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Tottenham is more difficult than Norwich for many ???? Many what/who , paralympians ? You are talking rubbish I'm afraid. A London derby will always sell out.
For Norwich you have the choice of one road from London or the train.
1600 for spurs!!! on 20:24 - Sep 4 with 1116 viewsVish

1600 for spurs!!! on 17:19 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Take another look. £64 for the return leg for Man U isn't correct. You can get the return for £37.

Cheapest outbound is £12 on the 0820 or earlier, or £18 on the 0840 or 0900.
1600 for spurs!!! on 21:31 - Sep 4 with 1079 viewsbenbu

Its not really about the constant mickey taking about fulham support. We have a good following in general and never really shame ourselves with the support at away days. Other clubs our size would have also not sold out this allocation at city. The simple point is that the club made a poor decision to only opt for 1600 tickets in a London derby. If it was for Everton Newcastle city Wigan stoke then the amount would be fine and justified through these types of fixtures last season. The club opted for 2400 at Norwich there must have been close to 2000 which is bang in the middle of the lower or higher allocation.
1600 for spurs!!! on 23:16 - Sep 4 with 1039 viewsM40R

1600 for spurs!!! on 20:24 - Sep 4 by Vish

Take another look. £64 for the return leg for Man U isn't correct. You can get the return for £37.

Cheapest outbound is £12 on the 0820 or earlier, or £18 on the 0840 or 0900.

Not sure why I'm posting about Manure train tickets on a thread about Spurs allocations. However, London direct is coming up at £75 now, even leaving early in the morning. Sounds like the really cheap ones have gone.

If you don't mind a slower route you can go via Marylebone to Brum return for £15 return and Brum to Manchester Piccadilly for £19 return. You have to book them separately not as one journey. Only a 5 minute walk between the two Brum stations.
1600 for spurs!!! on 23:28 - Sep 4 with 1027 viewshamptonhillhoop

I take it we're only getting the lower tier then? It was only £35 last season. I can't get tickets until Friday so judging by this thread I've no idea if I have a chance or not
1600 for spurs!!! on 23:51 - Sep 4 with 1015 viewsDaiHo0p

The "1600" Thread is in danger of entering legendarydom..
1600 for spurs!!! on 06:34 - Sep 5 with 991 viewssmegma

1600 for spurs!!! on 23:51 - Sep 4 by DaiHo0p

The "1600" Thread is in danger of entering legendarydom..

You got a ticket yet ?
1600 for spurs!!! on 07:44 - Sep 5 with 972 viewsAunt_Nelly

1600 for spurs!!! on 23:11 - Sep 3 by Northernr

QPR fans seem to have this chip on their shoulder about attendances. The simple fact is we're not that well supported. We're playing Chelsea next Saturday - 3pm, at home, local derby, exciting new signings, not on television, not near Christmas, not in holiday period, not in a big run of home matches forcing the hard up to pick and choose which game to go to. Guess what? Not sold out yet. It will be of course, but tickets for that have been on sale for more than a week now. If there was this huge groundswell of support for QPR a Saturday 3pm September non-televised home match with Chelsea would sell out in half a day tops. We're only selling about 4,000 seats for it FFS once you take off the away fans and season ticket holders.

The fact is we are a middle of the road club with a middle of the road level of support. Sure, get on a good cup run or into a good league position and interest grows, get to a play off final and we can maybe mobilise 30,000, get to the cup final and we'd probably find 40,000 from somewhere. But basically our home fans attendance has remained constant between 10,000 and and 15,000 for more than 10 years now regardless. Most of our home games now make general sale despite being in the Premiership, signing all these players and, like I say, only having about 4,000 seats to shift.

At the start of last season we had a game at Everton which was our first Premiership away game for 15 years and we couldn't sell more than 1,500 tickets for it. I mentioned this repeatedly on threads like this last season and was told that it was because Flavio was in situ, the team was crap etc.

Last week we go to Norwich which is two hours and £12 away by train, with an air of optimism around the place, new signing, new owner etc and we couldn't sell our allocation of 2,000 tickets. I was told this was because the tickets were £45. Well at Spurs it's £41, and it's on a Sunday in a part of London that's an ars to get to.

2,000 would have been ideal but it's not possible with the way the away end is set out so 1,600 is about right because...
1 - We're not as well supported as we make out.
2 - I know a load of Rangers fans who did almost every away game last year and will do less than half this year, simply because they saw last year as a one off after promotion. Expect us to take less to almost every away game this year than we did last unless the team really starts to fire.
3 - In tough economic times people cannot afford to be paying £41 to go to Tottenham and £45 to go to Norwich.

And even if it's not right, can't blame the club for airing on the side of caution given the amount of fans we've taken to our two away matches so far and the cost we will have incurred because of that.

Woohoo!

I just won the 'First time Clive whinges about Everton away Sweepstake'.

Cheers mate.
1600 for spurs!!! on 08:25 - Sep 5 with 941 viewsCharlie1

I was sat behind Clive at Norwich. I could have sat to his left, right, further rows behind or the near two dozen rows in front.

The back of the stand looked full. The mid part, you had 3 seats to 1 Ranger and the front, plenty of space.

We took good support, but just 2,000 and nowhere near the allocation.

We took 900 to Citeh.

Quite how 1600 is a knee jerk reaction is beyond me. Hopefully, I'll get a ticket and I think I've enough points but why take the entire allocation when our support, as it has been down the years, can be fickle and sporadic. If we sell out by the weekend, then we can take the rest of the allocation.

Let's have some patience and wait and see.

2:59 baby!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024