Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
official site still shite 16:04 - Sep 5 with 2702 viewsG_Dale

says our form is Won 1 drawn 1, scored 2 conceded 0. its also asking if ill make the trip to torquay. no fanks

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

official site still shite on 22:16 - Sep 5 with 934 views442Dale

official site still shite on 21:52 - Sep 5 by SalwaDale

Can't get on to the site via Chrome, IE or Firefox, despite cookies and cache being cleared. Even tried it on two different computers. Doesn't even work on my phone. Something about too many redirects keeps popping up.

Utter garbage, but it did just about work for dale player last night. Think it may be time to cancel the subscription.

Been working on safari on ipad, not on laptop.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

official site still shite on 22:44 - Sep 5 with 907 viewsTVOS1907

official site still shite on 22:16 - Sep 5 by 442Dale

Been working on safari on ipad, not on laptop.

'On Safari' - kids TV programme with Christopher Biggins and Gillian Taylforth?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

official site still shite on 22:47 - Sep 5 with 903 views442Dale

official site still shite on 22:44 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

'On Safari' - kids TV programme with Christopher Biggins and Gillian Taylforth?

Taylforth/site going down scandalshockhorror.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

official site still shite on 23:20 - Sep 5 with 883 viewsroccydaleian

official site still shite on 21:36 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

Still not working on Chrome for me!

Same here. Bag of shite. Was working earlier on today though.
official site still shite on 05:06 - Sep 6 with 849 viewsJumeirahDale

Unfortunately I'm too reliant on the commentaries to cancel, I have noticed DalePlayer has been getting slightly better for content though, well done to Leighanne for the recent interviews that keeps popping up (still can't figure out what Colin Garlick's ringtone is though).

I don't even massively mind the design of the new site, but it is the functionality that stinks.
official site still shite on 05:32 - Sep 6 with 848 viewsColDale

official site still shite on 05:06 - Sep 6 by JumeirahDale

Unfortunately I'm too reliant on the commentaries to cancel, I have noticed DalePlayer has been getting slightly better for content though, well done to Leighanne for the recent interviews that keeps popping up (still can't figure out what Colin Garlick's ringtone is though).

I don't even massively mind the design of the new site, but it is the functionality that stinks.

its the Godfather theme
official site still shite on 07:45 - Sep 6 with 831 viewsDySporting

I feel the site has been designed for prOfessional web designers to use rather than journalists who tend to be the media managers in clubs
official site still shite on 10:40 - Sep 6 with 787 viewsDorsetDale

Its my experience that when a company changes from one IT system to another they would have the new system set up as a dummy entering the same info as the live transferring system. (whilst also acting as a training model)
This would go on for maybe a couple of months or longer if neccessary, until glitches are sorted out.
Why wasn't this done within RAFC before going out to the general public?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Login to get fewer ads

official site still shite on 11:36 - Sep 6 with 752 viewsD_Alien

official site still shite on 10:40 - Sep 6 by DorsetDale

Its my experience that when a company changes from one IT system to another they would have the new system set up as a dummy entering the same info as the live transferring system. (whilst also acting as a training model)
This would go on for maybe a couple of months or longer if neccessary, until glitches are sorted out.
Why wasn't this done within RAFC before going out to the general public?

That's way too much trouble for the "can't be arsed" culture, where dummies exist only to be spat out
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

official site still shite on 12:11 - Sep 6 with 737 viewsSuddenLad

official site still shite on 11:36 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

That's way too much trouble for the "can't be arsed" culture, where dummies exist only to be spat out

Or perhaps there is no-one at the club with the relevant technical 'know-how'.

Either way, the new site is a shambles.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

official site still shite on 12:11 - Sep 6 with 736 viewsSuddenLad

official site still shite on 11:36 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

official site still shite on 12:31 - Sep 6 with 723 viewsD_Alien

official site still shite on 12:11 - Sep 6 by SuddenLad

Very true, but how many out-of-work youngsters (or even oldies!) are there out there with the relevant skills who'd be more than happy to do this type of work AND keep the site updated for a small but decent hourly rate?

3 afternoons a week (12 hours) would more than cover it

Monday: updates from the weekends fixtures

Wednesday: updates from midweek fixtures and prepare for the next weekend

Friday: any further weekend updates

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

official site still shite on 12:41 - Sep 6 with 711 viewsDorsetDale

official site still shite on 12:11 - Sep 6 by SuddenLad

As I said above, whilst the dummy/new site is being set up, it is also used as a training model ie the designers of the system set it up and train it's operators at top levels, so no excuses there either.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

official site still shite on 13:11 - Sep 6 with 675 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

official site still shite on 12:31 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Very true, but how many out-of-work youngsters (or even oldies!) are there out there with the relevant skills who'd be more than happy to do this type of work AND keep the site updated for a small but decent hourly rate?

3 afternoons a week (12 hours) would more than cover it

Monday: updates from the weekends fixtures

Wednesday: updates from midweek fixtures and prepare for the next weekend

Friday: any further weekend updates

the way i'd have it set out

Monday: updates from the weekends fixtures, away game information what includes ticket information and directions for those going by car

Tuesday: Youth Team Highlights from their games & Interview's with players(Captain, Vice Captain and Management) building up to that nights match

Wednesday: updates from midweek fixtures and prepare for the next weekend, post match interviews with management and players who scored

Thursday: i'd look up Ex-players post a were are they now and do some competitions were you can win a pair of match tickets for the saturday home fixture i'd have pictures up form training sessions at salford uni etc

Friday: any further weekend updates i would inform the people at how many people are booked on the coach and that you can if any seats left you can pay on the morning the coach leaves

Saturday: post match interviews as above on the wednesday segment

Sunday: thank the supporters for making the trips to far away games and announce who has won the home match tickets for the mid-week or saturday home game

but maybe thats just my way of running that actual site

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

official site still shite on 13:40 - Sep 6 with 649 viewsTTNYear

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the club, when they have just read this advising post from Tazzy.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

official site still shite on 15:04 - Sep 6 with 608 viewsJumeirahDale

official site still shite on 13:11 - Sep 6 by DaleAwaydayBot

the way i'd have it set out

Monday: updates from the weekends fixtures, away game information what includes ticket information and directions for those going by car

Tuesday: Youth Team Highlights from their games & Interview's with players(Captain, Vice Captain and Management) building up to that nights match

Wednesday: updates from midweek fixtures and prepare for the next weekend, post match interviews with management and players who scored

Thursday: i'd look up Ex-players post a were are they now and do some competitions were you can win a pair of match tickets for the saturday home fixture i'd have pictures up form training sessions at salford uni etc

Friday: any further weekend updates i would inform the people at how many people are booked on the coach and that you can if any seats left you can pay on the morning the coach leaves

Saturday: post match interviews as above on the wednesday segment

Sunday: thank the supporters for making the trips to far away games and announce who has won the home match tickets for the mid-week or saturday home game

but maybe thats just my way of running that actual site

You'd have trouble finding someone to work 7 days a week, but you're pretty close to being spot on.

Trouble is, if you can see it...and we can see it....
official site still shite on 15:07 - Sep 6 with 605 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

official site still shite on 15:04 - Sep 6 by JumeirahDale

You'd have trouble finding someone to work 7 days a week, but you're pretty close to being spot on.

Trouble is, if you can see it...and we can see it....

when i had work experience with the media side of things there use to be a thing were you can set time and date for when you want articles posting and stuff etc don't have a clue what the new format is like

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

official site still shite on 15:11 - Sep 6 with 599 viewsmacro

official site still shite on 13:40 - Sep 6 by TTNYear

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the club, when they have just read this advising post from Tazzy.

I'm sre they'll take it on board...
official site still shite on 15:19 - Sep 6 with 593 viewsColDale

official site still shite on 15:07 - Sep 6 by DaleAwaydayBot

when i had work experience with the media side of things there use to be a thing were you can set time and date for when you want articles posting and stuff etc don't have a clue what the new format is like

that feature is not currently available to the OS. I assume it will be soon.
official site still shite on 15:21 - Sep 6 with 588 viewsKenBoon

I like the new menu bar on the fishul site. It's clearer and easier to navigate. Still waiting for the content of the other panels to load though.
official site still shite on 20:11 - Sep 6 with 523 viewsNewbury_Dale

Maybe it's me but I feel the official site would be better if they got rid of the splash page. It's really annoying.
official site still shite on 20:14 - Sep 6 with 520 viewsTVOS1907

official site still shite on 20:11 - Sep 6 by Newbury_Dale

Maybe it's me but I feel the official site would be better if they got rid of the splash page. It's really annoying.

Not being web design savvy, I've seen that phrase before.

What is one and what's its purpose?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

official site still shite on 20:41 - Sep 6 with 495 viewsisitme

official site still shite on 20:11 - Sep 6 by Newbury_Dale

I agree.

I spoke to Leighanne about it on the evening of the Fan's Forum, but it is a network wide promotional tool for the various 'player' services and therefore cannot be removed.

It is especially annoying for regular visitors and can be quite difficult to get rid of on my phone!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024