Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. 12:20 - Nov 25 with 2790 viewsHans_Punter

Anyone notice this?

Season 2011/2012 - The Four Game Ban

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:22 - Nov 25 with 2251 viewsShotKneesHoop

only about 35,000 R's fans.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:38 - Nov 25 with 2219 viewsderbyhoop

This is getting ridiculous. He's not a great defender, but this is turning into a witch hunt.
Traore managed to last 60 minutes and, when he went off, the defence had to be re-organised. Were the 3 goals Anton's fault (the second one, probably), down to the re-organisation or a tribute to Man Utd's drive and determination.

If Traore can only last 75 minutes max., Bosingwa cannot be arsed and Fabio prevented from playing against his own club, what were the alternatives?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:40 - Nov 25 with 2208 viewsRANGERS4EVER

the fact that we already have about 7 posts on this suggests yes and another one isnt going to make a blo*dy difference

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:41 - Nov 25 with 2210 viewswittle

this got done to death yesterday
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:45 - Nov 25 with 2203 viewsShotKneesHoop

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:38 - Nov 25 by derbyhoop

This is getting ridiculous. He's not a great defender, but this is turning into a witch hunt.
Traore managed to last 60 minutes and, when he went off, the defence had to be re-organised. Were the 3 goals Anton's fault (the second one, probably), down to the re-organisation or a tribute to Man Utd's drive and determination.

If Traore can only last 75 minutes max., Bosingwa cannot be arsed and Fabio prevented from playing against his own club, what were the alternatives?

Let Diakite come on in place of Traore to kick a few lumps out of people.

Or have on the bench a perfectly adequate and competent full back in Young that Hughes has ignored because he didn't sign him.

Anton has had enough chances, doesn't put his body on the line enough.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 13:10 - Nov 25 with 2153 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's funny. Nelsen was clearly at fault for the first goal - Evans ran off his shoulder. You can see Hill going mad at Nelsen for it. But Nelsen 'plays on his own', so he can't be held accountable. Yet Ferdinand gets the blame completely. Although, it does look like a poor challenge from AF to stop Fletcher for the second.

Bare bones.

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 13:50 - Nov 25 with 2110 viewsderbyhoop

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:45 - Nov 25 by ShotKneesHoop

Let Diakite come on in place of Traore to kick a few lumps out of people.

Or have on the bench a perfectly adequate and competent full back in Young that Hughes has ignored because he didn't sign him.

Anton has had enough chances, doesn't put his body on the line enough.

So, bring on a midfield player for a left back.

Or bring in a player who isn't available because he isn't part of the 25 man squad.

WTF.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 14:17 - Nov 25 with 2072 viewspomanjou

Traore, a hypochondriac of the first order. He needs to see a shrink.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 14:27 - Nov 25 with 2042 viewsHantsR

I say this very coyly and cautiously - could by any chance the goalkeeper be partly to blame either of the first couple of goals?

(Puts tin hat on and hides behind the settee)
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 14:34 - Nov 25 with 2025 viewsTW_R

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 13:10 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

It's funny. Nelsen was clearly at fault for the first goal - Evans ran off his shoulder. You can see Hill going mad at Nelsen for it. But Nelsen 'plays on his own', so he can't be held accountable. Yet Ferdinand gets the blame completely. Although, it does look like a poor challenge from AF to stop Fletcher for the second.

Ferdinand was marking Wellbeck for the 2nd goal and was where Traore probably would have been for the corner. Fletcher was unmarked and should have been picked up by someone else. But I think it's best to blame Ferdinand for not marking 2 players.
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 14:37 - Nov 25 with 2009 viewsHAYESBOY

Have looked at the goals this morning and on the second he is picking up Wellbeck.
Not sure who started off picking up Fletcher but Hill jumps under the ball and Ferdinand tries to get there but is too far away.

I really dont understand the witch hunt for Ferdinand at the moment.

We all know he is not a top Prem centre half but some of the accusations against him are ridiculous.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 14:37 - Nov 25 with 2005 viewsTW_R

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 14:27 - Nov 25 by HantsR

I say this very coyly and cautiously - could by any chance the goalkeeper be partly to blame either of the first couple of goals?

(Puts tin hat on and hides behind the settee)

Probably a bit harsh. Two very well delivered corners that were struck low and hard. Very difficult for the keeper to come for those.

Maybe Adel could learn how a corner can be delivered though?
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 14:40 - Nov 25 with 2001 viewsTearsOfaClown

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 12:40 - Nov 25 by RANGERS4EVER

the fact that we already have about 7 posts on this suggests yes and another one isnt going to make a blo*dy difference

I think it shows people wanting to express the same opinion 7 ways. Try not to get so uptight.

We have harry, we have 4 points and David may be with us for Xmas.

Plain sailing from now on.
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 15:45 - Nov 25 with 1957 viewsdaveB

Ferdinanand went to left back and to be honest wasn't really at fault for any of the goals, it was nelson who lost his man for the second and i thought Hill should have done better for the second
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 15:49 - Nov 25 with 1941 viewsDesertBoot

Well Redknapp has seen such flaws first hand now and we hav proper coaches now.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:39 - Nov 25 with 1834 viewsSpiritofGregory

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 15:49 - Nov 25 by DesertBoot

Well Redknapp has seen such flaws first hand now and we hav proper coaches now.

Well it's no coincidence that we shipped 3 goals in 8 minutes as soon as Anton comes on. Thing about Anton is not only is he a shite defender, he also causes confusion in defence because he is sluggish and not on the same wavelength as the other defenders. He was never the sharpest tool in the box.

Can you imagine how the other defenders felt when Anton came on? He doesn't instil confidence in the team. If you look at the match thread we all started to brick it when he came on, we all knew what was coming. It's bloody annoying. Please Harry don't pick him!

Bowen didn't have to pick him. He could have moved Dyer into defence and brought on another midfielder. Anton wasn't the only option.
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:46 - Nov 25 with 1814 viewsNorthernr

It was the wrong decision from Bowen and it was a shame. I thought he might move Dyer to right back and Mbia across. Ferdinand is on my Bosingwa list at the moment - the list of players who should not play for the team again.
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:50 - Nov 25 with 1794 viewsYorkRanger

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:46 - Nov 25 by Northernr

It was the wrong decision from Bowen and it was a shame. I thought he might move Dyer to right back and Mbia across. Ferdinand is on my Bosingwa list at the moment - the list of players who should not play for the team again.

He looked in fear when waiting to come on
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:52 - Nov 25 with 1789 viewswittle

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:50 - Nov 25 by YorkRanger

He looked in fear when waiting to come on

not as much fear as the fans in the away end
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 21:23 - Nov 25 with 1755 viewsTW_R

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:39 - Nov 25 by SpiritofGregory

Well it's no coincidence that we shipped 3 goals in 8 minutes as soon as Anton comes on. Thing about Anton is not only is he a shite defender, he also causes confusion in defence because he is sluggish and not on the same wavelength as the other defenders. He was never the sharpest tool in the box.

Can you imagine how the other defenders felt when Anton came on? He doesn't instil confidence in the team. If you look at the match thread we all started to brick it when he came on, we all knew what was coming. It's bloody annoying. Please Harry don't pick him!

Bowen didn't have to pick him. He could have moved Dyer into defence and brought on another midfielder. Anton wasn't the only option.

So which of the goals are you blaming him for this week?
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 21:28 - Nov 25 with 1741 viewsGeorge_Milton

Never rated him, harsh to blame him for all three, but def at fault for one.
For a defender he lacks aggression, does not attack the ball and can not read the game. A panic buy if I have ever seen one!
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 21:32 - Nov 25 with 1732 viewsShotKneesHoop

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 13:50 - Nov 25 by derbyhoop

So, bring on a midfield player for a left back.

Or bring in a player who isn't available because he isn't part of the 25 man squad.

WTF.

"Or bring in a player who isn't available because he isn't part of the 25 man squad".

That's my point, if last summer, Hughes hadn't bought even more midfielders than there are in Midsomer Murders, and named 20 of them in his squad of 25, Luke Young would have been allowed to sit on the bench..... and play.

He should be used from January 1 onwards, as long as someone remembers he is still on the payroll.

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 21:46 - Nov 25 with 1714 viewsTW_R

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 21:32 - Nov 25 by ShotKneesHoop

"Or bring in a player who isn't available because he isn't part of the 25 man squad".

That's my point, if last summer, Hughes hadn't bought even more midfielders than there are in Midsomer Murders, and named 20 of them in his squad of 25, Luke Young would have been allowed to sit on the bench..... and play.

He should be used from January 1 onwards, as long as someone remembers he is still on the payroll.

As much as I agree with you re:- Young, but I believe he had a hip operation back in September and is unlikely to be fully fit until January. I assume it was a similar op to the one Zamora is having. Young would have been just a passenger in the 25 man squad.
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 00:12 - Nov 26 with 1642 viewsSpiritofGregory

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/25/manchester-united-qpr-premier-lea
Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 00:18 - Nov 26 with 1636 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Anton Ferdinand came on an we immediatly let in three goals. on 20:46 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Whilst I don't agree completely with the slating of Ferdinand northern ,s post is spot on. If anyone neutral was watching the game for 60 mins it would have been hard to tell who is top and who is bottom of the league . However the experience and inexperience of management showed through . Ferguson often seems to be able to bring out the subs at the right which gave them a fresh impetuous and put them + crowd in a positive mode these situations and scenarios are planned cos he always seems to know what subs too use he gets it right more often than not. However our subs and scenarios are not planned because bringing anton on caused us to go on the Backfoot and had a negative effect on the whole team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024