Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonas Olsson 11:26 - Jan 10 with 5032 viewsMerthyrHoop

Not meaning to duplicate other threads, but after hearing that we have had a £5 million bid rejected, I'm scratching my head a bit.

Olsson is an international defender, currently playing at a well-run club who have over-achieved this season, and has previously been linked with other Premiership clubs not currently in the relegation mire.

My question is, why would QPR have ever made this move in the first place?

Is it arrogance/stupidity, that TF et al believe all the global brand hype and think we're bigger than West Brom?

Or is it that possibly the club have chatted to the player's agent, flashed £ signs in his eyes, and been told that he would be receptive to the move, perhaps enough to try to force through the transfer himself?

Although the initial bid has been rejected, I really think that if we're placing bids for these sort of players then there must be a real possibility that the move may happen. Like many others, I'm a bit hesitant to want the sort of player who will move for the money, but he is a quality centre-half and would go some way to replacing Ryan Nelsen.

Am I naive in thinking that the club wouldn't make the bid if Olsson's agent hadn't flashed his knickers at them? Or are the QPR board just that arrogant/stupid? Or simply just trying their luck on the off-chance?
Jonas Olsson on 11:30 - Jan 10 with 4153 viewswombat

hes said he wants to move to london so guessing thats why we have put a bid in for him
he is a very good player and would improve the back four massively

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Jonas Olsson on 11:31 - Jan 10 with 4143 viewswittle

there is supposed to be a clause in his contract that he can go for 4 million in the summer so we are probably testing the water.
Jonas Olsson on 11:40 - Jan 10 with 4100 viewsimustbemad

Won't come to QPR unless there is lots of money in it for him and his agent and even then he'd be mad. Suspect Arsenal or West Hame will come in and grab him.
Jonas Olsson on 11:43 - Jan 10 with 4085 viewsadhoc_qpr

That clause makes it less, not more, likely he'll come to QPR though.

If we're the only bidders in January, he'd be better off staying at WBA and assessing his options in the summer when the £4m clause kicks in.

If we're not the only bidders, then we'll undoubtedly be the least appealing option from a playing/career perspective.
Jonas Olsson on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 4065 viewsolderR

He is only 29, so we are negotiating an early deal to join us when he's 33!
Jonas Olsson on 11:48 - Jan 10 with 4056 viewsdaveB

So who are QPR allowed to bid for? We can't bid for French players as that's just copying Newcastle, we can't bid for decent players at this level is it only the championship we can look in now?

Olsson has said he wants to come to London, we are in London so why not try.
Jonas Olsson on 11:51 - Jan 10 with 4034 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Jonas Olsson on 12:01 - Jan 10 with 3995 viewsMerthyrHoop

Jonas Olsson on 11:48 - Jan 10 by daveB

So who are QPR allowed to bid for? We can't bid for French players as that's just copying Newcastle, we can't bid for decent players at this level is it only the championship we can look in now?

Olsson has said he wants to come to London, we are in London so why not try.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have bid. Aim high seems to have been the mantra since Tony Fernandes bought in so I can't see that stopping until we're relegated.

I was just speculating that in our current position, it's hard to believe we would chase these targets unless we had been given a green light by someone close to the player rather than wasting our time with multiple speculative bids
Login to get fewer ads

Jonas Olsson on 12:04 - Jan 10 with 3983 viewswittle

Jonas Olsson on 12:01 - Jan 10 by MerthyrHoop

I'm not saying we shouldn't have bid. Aim high seems to have been the mantra since Tony Fernandes bought in so I can't see that stopping until we're relegated.

I was just speculating that in our current position, it's hard to believe we would chase these targets unless we had been given a green light by someone close to the player rather than wasting our time with multiple speculative bids

its amazing the way the offer of a bumper 4 year contract can distract a player from our league position.
Jonas Olsson on 12:24 - Jan 10 with 3907 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jonas Olsson on 12:01 - Jan 10 by MerthyrHoop

I think your second paragraph is the key, i think due to the lack of a proper transfer and scouting set up wasting our time with speculative bids for players who don't want to come is exactly what we've been doing under TF!
Jonas Olsson on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 3844 viewsdaveB

Well I'm assuming the player has shown an interest in coming otherwise I doubt we'd have bid for him
Jonas Olsson on 12:42 - Jan 10 with 3833 viewsTacticalR

Haven't we all agreed that anyone who comes to play for us is A Very Bad Person?

Air hostess clique

Jonas Olsson on 12:45 - Jan 10 with 3809 viewswittle

Jonas Olsson on 12:42 - Jan 10 by TacticalR

Haven't we all agreed that anyone who comes to play for us is A Very Bad Person?

i think the bosw/nkers of this world have made us doubt every new players motive for joining.
Jonas Olsson on 12:49 - Jan 10 with 3783 viewsexiled_dictator

Jonas Olsson on 12:42 - Jan 10 by TacticalR

Yeah, Ryan Nelsen is a fully paid up member of the Highway 61 MC.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Jonas Olsson on 13:11 - Jan 10 with 3701 viewskingo

Jonas Olsson on 11:43 - Jan 10 by adhoc_qpr

That clause makes it less, not more, likely he'll come to QPR though.

If we're the only bidders in January, he'd be better off staying at WBA and assessing his options in the summer when the £4m clause kicks in.

If we're not the only bidders, then we'll undoubtedly be the least appealing option from a playing/career perspective.

Olsson wants to come to London for personal reasons, it depends on what those reasons are. If say he or his family need to be near a particular hospital, then he will be very unsttled by not being able to come. If he just wants to be near his girlfriend then he can probably last till the summer. I reckon we will go back in with a better bid to tempt WBA.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Jonas Olsson on 14:30 - Jan 10 with 3598 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jonas Olsson on 13:11 - Jan 10 by kingo

Olsson wants to come to London for personal reasons, it depends on what those reasons are. If say he or his family need to be near a particular hospital, then he will be very unsttled by not being able to come. If he just wants to be near his girlfriend then he can probably last till the summer. I reckon we will go back in with a better bid to tempt WBA.

Yeah but the same speculation that says he wants to move to London, says he doesn't want to come to us with our precarious league position.
Jonas Olsson on 14:48 - Jan 10 with 3565 viewshoopdog

I wouldn't say any bids we have put in for any player has been totally rejected by their clubs they are likely playing brinkmanship as it is comon knoledge we need these players asap ,if we can get 4-5 points befor the window shuts watch out on final day ofthe window
Jonas Olsson on 14:50 - Jan 10 with 3550 viewsTacticalR

Jonas Olsson on 13:11 - Jan 10 by kingo

But for some of us money is a very personal thing.

Air hostess clique

Jonas Olsson on 15:56 - Jan 10 with 3503 viewsLazyFan

He won't be going anywhere.
West Brom will sell him for £4m to Arsenal in the Summer and Wenger will claim another cheap buy and he needs a CD. And Olsson will hold out for that.

WBA won't sell for an extra £1M now as they will see it as paying that to loan him to themselves for the rest of the season. Where they have a chance at Europe place.

It was worth the ask though as you never know and also it batters down the price of the other targets we are after, such as Gallas. Gallas maybe free from Spurs but his wages won't be. If we tell him 1st team with 3 year contract but Olsson wages then he may have to accept that.

But with this one it was not a goer. move on.

zzzzzzzzzz

Jonas Olsson on 16:00 - Jan 10 with 3479 viewsrsonist

I wouldn't mind us having a punt on long shots if there was any suggestion the club had considered and lined up more realistic, better value alternatives. Clearly they have done no such thing.
Jonas Olsson on 16:04 - Jan 10 with 3457 viewsQPRDave

Don't think its over yet concerning Olsson
Jonas Olsson on 16:06 - Jan 10 with 3447 viewsNorthernr

If we could get that one over the line it would be a very good signing - depending on wages. I'd be very surprised if he wanted to come here though as I say.
Jonas Olsson on 16:08 - Jan 10 with 3432 viewsellersliehoop

Jonas Olsson on 16:04 - Jan 10 by QPRDave

Don't think its over yet concerning Olsson

I tend to agree

Presumably he must have reasons to want to come to London other than sightseeing.

I cant see him at Tottenham or Chelsea or Arsenal for that matter, that leaves West Ham
Jonas Olsson on 16:34 - Jan 10 with 3409 viewsQPRDave

Jonas Olsson on 16:06 - Jan 10 by Northernr

If we could get that one over the line it would be a very good signing - depending on wages. I'd be very surprised if he wanted to come here though as I say.

I agree with you Northern. From what was said on ssn i think the player is open to the move but Clarke has put his foot down, again just my opinion but it will be down to how much fuss Olsson makes about this
Jonas Olsson on 16:37 - Jan 10 with 3390 viewswombat

Jonas Olsson on 16:34 - Jan 10 by QPRDave

I agree with you Northern. From what was said on ssn i think the player is open to the move but Clarke has put his foot down, again just my opinion but it will be down to how much fuss Olsson makes about this

lets see if he plays in the replay tuesdya that might give us an idea on where his heads at after us making a bid which has been dismissed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024