Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When is beef not beef? 10:33 - Feb 17 with 822 viewsnoah4x4

We fell apart in tears of laughter in the pub last night when some wag said;

"Cowdenbeef', or so they claim....but I bet even their half time pies are 1% horse!

Struck me it's time to ask, has anybody changed their half time pie consumption habits as a result of the horse meat scandal?

I've conciously stopped buying frozen and tinned beef supermarket products, but this never crossed my mind until looking at an empty pie case yesterday when too late to reconsider my purchase.

When is beef not beef? on 10:39 - Feb 17 with 817 viewsBFG

I've cleared the freezer of any pies and chucked them out for the birds. I've been trying not to eat them anyway. I have also got shot of any chicken nuggets and the like. There was an image doing the rounds of pink marshmallow looking stuff. That's your chicken nuggets before they've been made to look like them ..
When is beef not beef? on 09:37 - Feb 18 with 779 viewsLeadbelly

Haven't eaten any processed foods for many years. I confess to a very occasional pie when under the influence but certainly never at home.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

When is beef not beef? on 20:31 - Feb 18 with 753 viewspancab77

I think that anyone who has had a holiday in Europe and ordered steak has probably eaten horse.Nothing has surprised me in this country for years..

eyeing a league and cup double

When is beef not beef? on 09:43 - Feb 19 with 740 viewsAFCMorant

When is beef not beef? on 20:31 - Feb 18 by pancab77

I think that anyone who has had a holiday in Europe and ordered steak has probably eaten horse.Nothing has surprised me in this country for years..

You'd know if you ate a steak of 100% horse, it has a very different taste from that of beef.
When is beef not beef? on 13:31 - Feb 19 with 731 viewspancab77

To be fair,i've normally "taken refreshments" by the time I get to a holiday meal table.

eyeing a league and cup double

When is beef not beef? on 17:25 - Feb 20 with 716 viewscarruthers

I love corn beef, bought some on Saturday read the papers on Sunday, corn beef put out for the crow in my garden on Monday, the way he relished it made me think it really was a rotting cow carcass. ho bloody hum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024