Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt going on loan 19:22 - Jul 13 with 11801 viewsJamie

So say SSN. 'Change of scenery needed' according to club source. Stoke & 2 German clubs interested.
Taarabt going on loan on 21:06 - Jul 13 with 1306 viewsMedwayR

Taarabt going on loan on 21:02 - Jul 13 by Clive_Anderson

I agree. If we're going to force players out the club it is probably best to get rid of the least talented players who haven't been able to prove themselves in the Championship.

Best keep players like SWP and Granero as they are more suited to Championship football and clearly have a much better attitude.

Where did I say I want us to keep players like SWP & Granero???

For me it's simple; what does the club need more, Adel Taarabt or squad discipline? After last season it's gotta be squad discipline for me, if that means no Taarabt then so be it.

I'd love Taarabt to get his head down, work & help us back up next season, but if he's not prepared to do that then he's got to go, along with many others.

Poll: Who’s better?

Taarabt going on loan on 21:06 - Jul 13 with 1305 viewsClive_Anderson

Taarabt going on loan on 21:00 - Jul 13 by daveB

i have and it's obvious from the book that warnock created the problem by letting him do what he wanted for too long, it's amusing though when warnock moans about adel in training and finishes the paragraph with and he got the winner on the saturday so despite the hardship he tended to deliver

Oh well at least we have Zamora to build the team around now, 4-4-2 and hit the big man this season, i can't wait

Don't you realise the important thing is that he was a bit of a pain in training sometimes and not the fact that he produced amazing football on the pitch? You don't get points for fantastic goals or bucket loads of assists do you?

It's all about keeping quiet, doing the bare minimum in training not to get into trouble and then going through the motions during the match whilst picking up your inflated wages - that's the key to getting back into the Premier League.

Why should Harry have to deal with that anyway, he's only on £3m a year which is hardly enough to warrant putting up with some hassle a couple of times a month.
Taarabt going on loan on 21:08 - Jul 13 with 1295 viewsEalingRanger

Taarabt going on loan on 20:50 - Jul 13 by MedwayR

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/adel-taarabt-could-be-on-his-way-from-q

Just one of several media pieces on it.

Why shouldn't he be mentioned in the same breath as Bosingwa, they're both problematic, just because Taarabt has performed in the past doesn't excuse his lack of discipline. You have to have squad discipline, not one rule for Taarabt & one for everyone else. My point was that if the waste of space Bosingwa can be bothered to turn up on time, why can't Adel...

You make exceptions for an exceptional talent. Bosingwa wouldn't be the difference between going up and finishing mid-table would he?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Taarabt going on loan on 21:10 - Jul 13 with 1287 viewsClive_Anderson

Taarabt going on loan on 21:06 - Jul 13 by MedwayR

Where did I say I want us to keep players like SWP & Granero???

For me it's simple; what does the club need more, Adel Taarabt or squad discipline? After last season it's gotta be squad discipline for me, if that means no Taarabt then so be it.

I'd love Taarabt to get his head down, work & help us back up next season, but if he's not prepared to do that then he's got to go, along with many others.

I care what happens on the pitch first and foremost. Tarbs will tear the Championship a new one again if you let him actually play.

If he does that while occasionally being a bit of an idiot off the pitch I couldn't give a toss. Not bothered in the slightest. It's up to the other highly paid wasters at the club to put up with it and if they can't then they can f*ck off instead.
Taarabt going on loan on 21:13 - Jul 13 with 1282 viewsMedwayR

Taarabt going on loan on 21:08 - Jul 13 by EalingRanger

You make exceptions for an exceptional talent. Bosingwa wouldn't be the difference between going up and finishing mid-table would he?

Are we in a position to be making exceptions though, what will that achieve in an already fractured dressing room. Unlikely but Barton could be exceptional in the championship but I doubt many would want exceptions made for him.

As I said earlier, my concern is replacing him, if we bought in some quality we'd quickly move on from Taarabt, as we did with Sinton when we bought in Sinclair for example, but as we only seem to be linked with Dunne, Parker & Crouch at the moment it's hardly inspiring!!

Taarabt going on loan on 21:16 - Jul 13 with 1273 viewsClive_Anderson

Taarabt going on loan on 21:13 - Jul 13 by MedwayR

Are we in a position to be making exceptions though, what will that achieve in an already fractured dressing room. Unlikely but Barton could be exceptional in the championship but I doubt many would want exceptions made for him.

As I said earlier, my concern is replacing him, if we bought in some quality we'd quickly move on from Taarabt, as we did with Sinton when we bought in Sinclair for example, but as we only seem to be linked with Dunne, Parker & Crouch at the moment it's hardly inspiring!!

Do you think it was worth making an exception for Taarabt last time we were in the Championship?
Taarabt going on loan on 21:19 - Jul 13 with 1259 viewsMedwayR

Taarabt going on loan on 21:10 - Jul 13 by Clive_Anderson

I care what happens on the pitch first and foremost. Tarbs will tear the Championship a new one again if you let him actually play.

If he does that while occasionally being a bit of an idiot off the pitch I couldn't give a toss. Not bothered in the slightest. It's up to the other highly paid wasters at the club to put up with it and if they can't then they can f*ck off instead.

Fair nuff, but Taarabt was so good last time because he was surrounded by a good (at that level) team, we all know that's not the case anymore so I doubt he'll be able to play in the same manner. Plus from Taarabt's point of view will he want to play in the Championship again, it's not exactly progress for him & his ego so will he be motivated to play like last time.

Taarabt going on loan on 21:21 - Jul 13 with 1252 viewsMedwayR

Taarabt going on loan on 21:16 - Jul 13 by Clive_Anderson

Do you think it was worth making an exception for Taarabt last time we were in the Championship?

Last time we were in the championship we were in a totally different position, you can't compare the two. It's about next season not what happened 3 years ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt going on loan on 21:30 - Jul 13 with 1216 viewsPommyhoop

Taarabt going on loan on 21:21 - Jul 13 by MedwayR

Last time we were in the championship we were in a totally different position, you can't compare the two. It's about next season not what happened 3 years ago.

Yeah so lets hang our hopes on old tired injured players that Harry knew 3 years ago or further instead eh?
Blinding .sorry i meant Triffic.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Taarabt going on loan on 21:31 - Jul 13 with 1211 viewsClive_Anderson

Taarabt going on loan on 21:19 - Jul 13 by MedwayR

Fair nuff, but Taarabt was so good last time because he was surrounded by a good (at that level) team, we all know that's not the case anymore so I doubt he'll be able to play in the same manner. Plus from Taarabt's point of view will he want to play in the Championship again, it's not exactly progress for him & his ego so will he be motivated to play like last time.

He might not help us win the league like but he'll undoubtedly improve the team and who knows it might be enough to stave off relegation or maybe even get in the play offs.

He's our best player so it makes sense to put up with some minor problems off the field if he is producing good football on it.

That's what is important after all - what happens on the pitch and he is by far our best midfielder.
Taarabt going on loan on 21:32 - Jul 13 with 1204 viewsMedwayR

Taarabt going on loan on 21:30 - Jul 13 by Pommyhoop

Yeah so lets hang our hopes on old tired injured players that Harry knew 3 years ago or further instead eh?
Blinding .sorry i meant Triffic.

And I said that when???

Taken from one of my earlier posts:
"As I said earlier, my concern is replacing him, if we bought in some quality we'd quickly move on from Taarabt, as we did with Sinton when we bought in Sinclair for example, but as we only seem to be linked with Dunne, Parker & Crouch at the moment it's hardly inspiring!! "

Taarabt going on loan on 21:34 - Jul 13 with 1200 viewsClive_Anderson

Taarabt going on loan on 21:21 - Jul 13 by MedwayR

Keep your best players. Put up with minor indiscretions (if they actually happened). Play them. Score more goals, win more games and put a smile on the faces of the poor sods who pay an absolute fortune to watch that rabble week in and week out.

And if he winds up the rest of the squad then I'm actually quite pleased because 90% of them are either lazy, useless, crocked or all three. And the ones that don't fall into those categories we know can put up with Tarbs because they were in the team that won the league last time round.
Taarabt going on loan on 21:44 - Jul 13 with 1176 viewsMedwayR

Taarabt going on loan on 21:34 - Jul 13 by Clive_Anderson

Keep your best players. Put up with minor indiscretions (if they actually happened). Play them. Score more goals, win more games and put a smile on the faces of the poor sods who pay an absolute fortune to watch that rabble week in and week out.

And if he winds up the rest of the squad then I'm actually quite pleased because 90% of them are either lazy, useless, crocked or all three. And the ones that don't fall into those categories we know can put up with Tarbs because they were in the team that won the league last time round.

In an ideal world yes, absolutely, but unfortunately we're far from being in an ideal world, we're in the s**t big time & need a complete rebuild. At the moment it looks as though Taarabt won't be part of it, if (and it's a potentially big if) it's for the greater good that he goes then so be it, I support QPR not Taarabt, and we need a team more than we need Taarabt.

Taarabt going on loan on 22:09 - Jul 13 with 1129 viewsBromleyHoop

Taarabt going on loan on 20:42 - Jul 13 by Clive_Anderson

Excellent move by the club.

We've got loads of creativity in the midfield with SWP, Granero and Park and with Zamora and Johnson up front to bang them in. Why would we need someone like Taarabt? I doubt he'd be much good in the Championship anyway.

If Harry clearly can't be @rsed to man manage him properly and wants to get rid so he can bring in a load of his old mates on high paying contracts instead then that's fine by me.

Taarabt is a great player to have in your team when

a) He's feeling confident
b) The teams playing well
c) He's surrounded by players who are prepared to cover for him.
d) He has a manager who tells him he believes in him.

Unfortunately we have none of those things at the moment and so, while I will always remember his flashes of arrogant genius, it probably is best he moves on to try and re experience some, if not all, of the above. If he doesn't then I'm afraid all you'll tend to get from his

a) No confidence leading to misplaced passes which he'll blame colleagues for
b) No work rate
c) Disinterest in attending training
d) Trying to get a move to a bigger club
e) Royally pi$$ing his colleagues off causing dressing room upheaval

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Taarabt going on loan on 22:11 - Jul 13 with 1124 viewsClive_Anderson

Taarabt going on loan on 21:44 - Jul 13 by MedwayR

In an ideal world yes, absolutely, but unfortunately we're far from being in an ideal world, we're in the s**t big time & need a complete rebuild. At the moment it looks as though Taarabt won't be part of it, if (and it's a potentially big if) it's for the greater good that he goes then so be it, I support QPR not Taarabt, and we need a team more than we need Taarabt.

Fair enough. If we seemed to be building a good young team and he really was acting in a totally ridiculous way then I can see the logic.

But we're currently stuck with a load of old crocks and wasters and he's behaved worse in the past and still done it on the pitch.
Taarabt going on loan on 22:30 - Jul 13 with 1063 viewsQPR1882

Taarabt going on loan on 19:24 - Jul 13 by hoops_legend

I doubt we need him.. We looked great against exeter and posh

7 goals in his last 57 games ,we obviously never needed him then....0r did we ?

Taarabt going on loan on 22:33 - Jul 13 with 1049 viewsShotKneesHoop

And R's Wipe scoring record is?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Taarabt going on loan on 23:16 - Jul 13 with 983 viewsDylanP

Adel ripped up the Championship last time we were there.

Why do we have to be such a small-time set-up that we can't handle the most talented player to pull on the jersey in over 20 years? Its a bloody shame.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Taarabt going on loan on 23:18 - Jul 13 with 981 viewsMkPaul

This thread shows whY the board shouldn't listen to the fans when making policy
Taarabt going on loan on 23:25 - Jul 13 with 971 viewsSpiritofGregory

It appears that we are close to signing Hooper. Lets just move on and allow Harry to sign the right players to take us up and keep us up. Last time we were severely caught out because we built a team around Adel and expected him to set the Premier League alight which was not possible.

We have to go ahead and sign new players, lets not wait until we get rid of all the parasites before signing players. We need to be prepared for the season.
Taarabt going on loan on 23:58 - Jul 13 with 942 viewsJigsore

Can't think of anything more insulting than sending Adel to Stoke on loan. Lets hope its a rumour without a leg to stand on

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Taarabt going on loan on 00:33 - Jul 14 with 903 viewsCanadaRanger

So... swap Taraabt for Crouch? Even on a loan basis?

I would. And I'm a Taraabt fan.

Taarabt going on loan on 00:58 - Jul 14 with 880 viewsqprmick

Taarabt going on loan on 00:33 - Jul 14 by CanadaRanger

So... swap Taraabt for Crouch? Even on a loan basis?

I would. And I'm a Taraabt fan.

....and who is going to supply the service Crouch needs? Hoilet, SWP, Boswinga, Traore, Park maybe.

Qprmick

Taarabt going on loan on 01:14 - Jul 14 with 866 viewsCanadaRanger

Taarabt going on loan on 00:58 - Jul 14 by qprmick

....and who is going to supply the service Crouch needs? Hoilet, SWP, Boswinga, Traore, Park maybe.

Not Bosingwa. Hopefully gone.
Not Park. Probably retired.

SWP or Junior might, given that this is Championship.

However, my money would be on Ale to have a great season...
Taarabt going on loan on 01:16 - Jul 14 with 864 viewsjamois

For me, the best solution here is for Adel to be handed a serious injury in training. Someone, I'm thinking Derry perhaps, could rake down the back of his achilles. Put him out of commission for 4 months. No loan, no transfer, he stays with us, he gets to see our outstanding performances setting the championship alight and he decides he wants a piece of the action on his return to fitness. He's not on mega wages so isn't the drain on the wage bill that many others are. Problem solved.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024