Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syria 08:39 - Aug 26 with 10653 viewsGloucs_R

What is everyones views? Personally, I dont think we should get involved. Let the Arab states and other muslim countries sort it out. We keep doing others work and this time I think there will be massive repercussions should we go into Syria. Leave them to it. As horrific as it is (chemical weapons) for once I think we need to let others deal with it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Syria on 09:02 - Aug 26 with 7121 viewsCanadaRanger

Might save some lives if someone could just go after the chem weapons - hit armouries/stockpiles which are not near population centres from the air... but chances are Assad has moved them already.
Syria on 09:14 - Aug 26 with 7100 viewsCHUBBS

In March 2007, retired General Wesley Clark told Amy Goodman on her Democracy Now TV program that as early as September 2001, the Pentagon already had plans to take down seven Islamic countries, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran. If you have not seen the short You Tube of General Clark's revelations on Democracy Now, it is worth watching

At that time, I was skeptical about such a large US Military operation, because we all knew The Bush Administration lied us into Iraq with phony stories of Weapons of Mass Destruction, yellowcake uranium, mobile biological weapons labs, etc.

In 2007, the US Military only occupied Afghanistan and Iraq, so I asked myself, "How will The White House justify the military cost to the American people of invading Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran?"

By 2011, the answer became clear. The unnecessary wars against Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia and Sudan would be staged covertly as irregular military coups with the US Military and CIA supporting PHONY democracy movements.

[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 9:15]
Syria on 09:18 - Aug 26 with 7091 viewsTHEBUSH

I hate Assad, probably because he thinks his family owns Syria and can do what he wants with the people.

He's not going to go peacefully, but probably best if we stay out of all that religious crap.
Syria on 09:18 - Aug 26 with 7089 viewspompeyhoop

Anyone see the programme Skint?? Grown men walking around Scunthorpe in the middle of the afternoon in dressing gowns?? Sort this hovel out first and let the people of Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and wherever else sort their own sh1t out. We never had workers rights years ago women's rights gay rights no welfare state no balance between aristocratic land owning rich and slum dwelling poor and no one flew in and helped!! Who are we to police the world? It's absolutely terrible and heart breaking but the British state getting tangled in web won't help I don't think!! It was only a 100 years ago we were mooching about in trenches using mustard gas and the good old yanks using napalm!! The media seem to be trying to imply its worse coz hrs using it on his "own" people like if he was gassing the next door neighbour it'd be ok?!? Funny old world

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Syria on 09:19 - Aug 26 with 7088 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

It's typical holier-than-thou, humanitarian soul-searching fake self-flagellation propaganda bullcrap designed to make the case for killing people by trying to arouse a manufactured sense of guilt based on a non-existent moral superiority and a non-existent duty/right to poke one's nose into the affairs of others all by way of manipulating/misrepresenting/hyping one event.
Syria on 09:20 - Aug 26 with 7084 viewsTheBlob

Syria on 09:14 - Aug 26 by CHUBBS

In March 2007, retired General Wesley Clark told Amy Goodman on her Democracy Now TV program that as early as September 2001, the Pentagon already had plans to take down seven Islamic countries, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran. If you have not seen the short You Tube of General Clark's revelations on Democracy Now, it is worth watching

At that time, I was skeptical about such a large US Military operation, because we all knew The Bush Administration lied us into Iraq with phony stories of Weapons of Mass Destruction, yellowcake uranium, mobile biological weapons labs, etc.

In 2007, the US Military only occupied Afghanistan and Iraq, so I asked myself, "How will The White House justify the military cost to the American people of invading Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran?"

By 2011, the answer became clear. The unnecessary wars against Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia and Sudan would be staged covertly as irregular military coups with the US Military and CIA supporting PHONY democracy movements.

[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 9:15]

Well it's got CIA and Mossad dabs all over this one.Funny no chemical weapon shell casings/missile casings have been found.Although you could spread it by helicopter or ground based.(that's what I always fear could happen to London).Getting rid of arabic threats one state at a time,who benefits most from chaos?Go figure.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Syria on 09:28 - Aug 26 with 7062 viewsheadhoops

As previously said we should sort our own country out before interfering in someone's else's. I cannot help thinking if we turned our soldiers into police officers and they patrolled our streets somehow it would drop crime levels.

The politicians will never agree to this as wars are great for companies such as BAE - where coincidentally loads of ex MPs seem to end up on the board.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Syria on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 7054 viewsTheBlob

If you've got a bundle of shares,sell them asap.
Be prepared for rocketing fuel prices.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Syria on 09:48 - Aug 26 with 7011 viewsBromleyHoop

Syria on 09:20 - Aug 26 by TheBlob

Well it's got CIA and Mossad dabs all over this one.Funny no chemical weapon shell casings/missile casings have been found.Although you could spread it by helicopter or ground based.(that's what I always fear could happen to London).Getting rid of arabic threats one state at a time,who benefits most from chaos?Go figure.

I'm not sure the existing Syrian regime was ever seen as a real threat internationally. They sponsored Hezbollah in Lebanon and Palestine but Syria, like Tunisia and Egypt was more stable and, in some cases, pro Western under its autocratic/miltary regimes than post Arab Spring where you have the likes of the Muslim Brotherhood stirring things up.

When you consider that the state of Israel has survived surrounded by Muslim states for the last 70 years or so then the US would have been quite happy to ensure that that remains the case. The new and developing leaderships or ongoing civil wars in some of these muslim states make the long term survival of Israel a much more difficult thing to ensure. Regime change in Syria could mean extremist Jihadi type Muslims sitting on top of the Golan heights which strategically controls alot of Israels fresh water supply.

If Israel does get seriously threatened then the Yanks will intervene.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Syria on 09:52 - Aug 26 with 7006 viewsElHoop

I don't have enough faith in 'news' to support anything or anyone these days. It all seems to be lies or counter-lies and the Americans seem to be the worst offenders. What's the truth and where do you find it?

[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 10:26]
Syria on 10:16 - Aug 26 with 6967 viewsswisscottage

Syria on 09:48 - Aug 26 by BromleyHoop

I'm not sure the existing Syrian regime was ever seen as a real threat internationally. They sponsored Hezbollah in Lebanon and Palestine but Syria, like Tunisia and Egypt was more stable and, in some cases, pro Western under its autocratic/miltary regimes than post Arab Spring where you have the likes of the Muslim Brotherhood stirring things up.

When you consider that the state of Israel has survived surrounded by Muslim states for the last 70 years or so then the US would have been quite happy to ensure that that remains the case. The new and developing leaderships or ongoing civil wars in some of these muslim states make the long term survival of Israel a much more difficult thing to ensure. Regime change in Syria could mean extremist Jihadi type Muslims sitting on top of the Golan heights which strategically controls alot of Israels fresh water supply.

If Israel does get seriously threatened then the Yanks will intervene.

Not sure the Yanks will need to intervene.

The Israelis are perfectly capable of taking control of the Golan Heights themselves if threatened.

6 day war all over again.

Their tanks are already taking up positions on the occupied side of the de-militarised zone.
Syria on 10:17 - Aug 26 with 6965 viewsCanadaRanger

Syria on 09:52 - Aug 26 by ElHoop

I don't have enough faith in 'news' to support anything or anyone these days. It all seems to be lies or counter-lies and the Americans seem to be the worst offenders. What's the truth and where do you find it?

The age-old question...

"Who do you serve and who do you trust"...

Syria on 10:28 - Aug 26 with 6938 viewsHAYESBOY

Well, I wouldn't go on holiday there.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Syria on 10:38 - Aug 26 with 6926 viewsCanadaRanger

The Devil's Playground at the moment...
Syria on 10:43 - Aug 26 with 6908 viewsexiled_dictator

Iran is backing Assad.
The Gulf States are against Assad.
Assad is against The Muslim Brotherhood.
The Muslim Brotherhood & President Obama are against General Sisi.
But, The Gulf States are pro-Sisi.
Which means they are against The Muslim Brotherhood.
Iran is pro-Hamas, but Hamas is backing The Muslim Brotherhood.
Obama is backing The Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against The United States.
The Gulf States are pro-US.
But Turkey is with The Gulf States against Assad.
Yet Turkey is pro-The Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi.
And General Sisi is being backed by The Gulf States.
The Soviet Union is pro-Assad.
The Soviets need Assad as he provides them with their only Mediterranean naval port.

In Arab culture, your enemies enemy is your friend.
But in this scenario, your enemies enemy is your enemy.
And your enemy is your friend, if it keeps you in power by diverting attention away.

Because Obama doesn't actually have a foreign policy, and always seems to back the wrong horse, this sends out the wrong messages and allows uncertainty to develop.
Obama needs to grow some balls, a spine & develop a policy that will actually resolve this ongoing problem that started 3 years ago. But his head is so far in the sand, he has started talking out his arse. War may not necessarily be the answer, but doing nothing definitely isn't.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Syria on 10:44 - Aug 26 with 6905 viewsCHUBBS

Syria on 09:20 - Aug 26 by TheBlob

Mossad/CIA/MI6 all part of the same modern legal terrorist regime creating chaos in the Middle East.
They got away with Iraq so don't even have to bother planting false evidence anymore just make it look like an internal issue and hey presto a new PATSY is created.
Syria on 10:53 - Aug 26 with 6881 viewsMrSheen

It is possible for terrible things to happen in the world, even the Middle East, without the Zionist conspiracy or the Great Satan being involved. The Syrian Civil War is a continuation from this, among other things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hama_massacre

And my view is, send blankets, but stay out of it.
Syria on 11:14 - Aug 26 with 6866 viewsbob566

Syria on 10:43 - Aug 26 by exiled_dictator

Iran is backing Assad.
The Gulf States are against Assad.
Assad is against The Muslim Brotherhood.
The Muslim Brotherhood & President Obama are against General Sisi.
But, The Gulf States are pro-Sisi.
Which means they are against The Muslim Brotherhood.
Iran is pro-Hamas, but Hamas is backing The Muslim Brotherhood.
Obama is backing The Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against The United States.
The Gulf States are pro-US.
But Turkey is with The Gulf States against Assad.
Yet Turkey is pro-The Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi.
And General Sisi is being backed by The Gulf States.
The Soviet Union is pro-Assad.
The Soviets need Assad as he provides them with their only Mediterranean naval port.

In Arab culture, your enemies enemy is your friend.
But in this scenario, your enemies enemy is your enemy.
And your enemy is your friend, if it keeps you in power by diverting attention away.

Because Obama doesn't actually have a foreign policy, and always seems to back the wrong horse, this sends out the wrong messages and allows uncertainty to develop.
Obama needs to grow some balls, a spine & develop a policy that will actually resolve this ongoing problem that started 3 years ago. But his head is so far in the sand, he has started talking out his arse. War may not necessarily be the answer, but doing nothing definitely isn't.

thought you were going on a holiday with no laptop/internet access.

Anyway cheers for clearing it all up. What's the muslim brotherhood. Are they extreme?
Syria on 11:14 - Aug 26 with 6864 viewsCHUBBS

Oh no Israel have such a good human rights record don't they!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/23/the-banality-of-racism-in-israe
Written by Lisa Goldman a well respected Jewish journalist.
Syria on 11:25 - Aug 26 with 6852 viewstimcocking

I'd say it's a tough call as to which side actually did this. Looking at who has the most to gain from it, i don't feel certain it was Assad, even though i wouldn't put it past the stinking piece of sh!t. I hope whoever was responsible gets what they deserve one way or another. Hard to fathom such depths of depravity to gas young babies like that. Staggering, drives me bloody crazy. Obviously i don't want any more wars, but i'd hate to see such a barbaric act go unpunished.
Syria on 11:31 - Aug 26 with 6839 viewsClive_Anderson

To be honest I'm not sure what to believe with this chemical weapons revelation. Weren't we promised weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Perhaps let's find those and sort out that mess before jumping in a starting a new one. Not that we can afford it anyway.

Are chemical weapons much worse than bombing or shooting innocent people in the head anyway?

I say stay well clear of this.
Syria on 12:58 - Aug 26 with 6769 viewsFDC

Syria on 09:52 - Aug 26 by ElHoop

In the era of blogs, twitter, and RSS feeds you absolutely don't need to rely on the news and mainstream meedja to find out what's going on.
Syria on 13:04 - Aug 26 with 6749 viewsHollowayRanger

ALL too late now but the billions we have wasted on un winnable wars in iraq afgan and supporting god only knows who out there

should have been spent turning our island into a true fortress with proper border security checks to make sure that no one could enter be they illegals asylum seekers terrorists

instead of the open border controls we now have they have no idal of whos here how many are here where they are and what they are up to

as for syria what the hell is it like iraq and afgan got to do with us! its an arab problem let them deal with it or should we let say iran's soldiers come over here and sort out n.ireland for us
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 13:07]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Syria on 13:18 - Aug 26 with 6731 viewsFDC

Syria on 13:04 - Aug 26 by HollowayRanger

ALL too late now but the billions we have wasted on un winnable wars in iraq afgan and supporting god only knows who out there

should have been spent turning our island into a true fortress with proper border security checks to make sure that no one could enter be they illegals asylum seekers terrorists

instead of the open border controls we now have they have no idal of whos here how many are here where they are and what they are up to

as for syria what the hell is it like iraq and afgan got to do with us! its an arab problem let them deal with it or should we let say iran's soldiers come over here and sort out n.ireland for us

Christ, your hysterical yearning for an Orwellian dystopia borders on being hilarious, but is also deeply, deeply depressing.

Edit: open border policy - lmfao.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 13:20]
Syria on 15:47 - Aug 26 with 6662 viewsswisscottage

Syria on 13:04 - Aug 26 by HollowayRanger

Its an idea I suppose.

However when petrol starts rising at an astronomical rate and the western economies go completely to pooh, with unemployment at 40%, and continuous civil unrest in the UK what will you say then?

To border ourselves off, and look inward, without taking stock of the wider picture is naive at best.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 15:48]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024