Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the scoreline 17:17 - Sep 28 with 6114 viewsColDale

Bit of fine tuning needed, but what a performance. We were on absolute fire at times today, and it was incredible that we only scored three goals. Every goal (including their's) was top class, and it says it all that Henderson didn't stand out. No idea which goal of ours was the best.

Bring on pompey
Forget the scoreline on 17:22 - Sep 28 with 4448 viewsfitzochris

While no team should ever fear drawing a game after going three up at home, Wycombe are a decent outfit on that display and the three points earned could turn out to be key further down the line.

Chuffed for Bunney after being given a chance - and Hogan again (who will no doubt be attracting bids in January).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Forget the scoreline on 17:34 - Sep 28 with 4375 viewsShun

Great match, and I love how we laid out today. Hogan, Henderson, and Done can be our Hazard/Oscar/Mata. A fantastic performance from all 3 of them. The trouble with today's formation is that it isn't as good defensively, and that really showed at times against a good Wycombe side. Hogan really can't play the lone front-man role at all, and I was relieved when Cummins came in for his impressive cameo.

Great performance though!
Forget the scoreline on 17:41 - Sep 28 with 4323 viewsMoonyDale

At times today we were simply unplayable, and against a good side. Thought Done deserved his MOM award a close second was Hogan. Their goal just before the break gave them a confidence and a belief that they could get something from the game and they almost did. It could have been 7 - 6 by the final whistle, quality performance by the lads today.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Forget the scoreline on 17:43 - Sep 28 with 4299 views442Dale

When Dicker is fully match fit, we'll win games like that much more easily. And even then, I don't think we were ever really under threat and it was a deserved win. As Dicker's influence waned a bit, everything seemed a bit more rushed.
If it wasn't for that bit of poor decision making by Hendo (and Dicker before that) before half time, we'd have probably gone on to score more. Henderson's done that a couple of times now, with Chesterfield benefitting last time, but Hill indicated on GMR that it'll be addressed. He's still been excellent with the way he manages a game though, in the second half his runs and clever passing ensured Wycombe never got any real momentum.

Bunney did quite well on his first start: intelligent running and a great finish too. Thought Cummins was much better during his time on the pitch too. However it was great to see Matty Done looking much more like the player we know he can be. Very sharp and a constant menace, his role in the second goal was top class.

Hill appeared happy enough on the radio, and he thinks Hogan can make it at the very highest level.... Brace ourselves for bids in January.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2013 17:53]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Forget the scoreline on 18:01 - Sep 28 with 4174 viewsShun

Shame that bloody Sweetmore was up to his "time allowed" antics again!
Forget the scoreline on 18:08 - Sep 28 with 4118 views442Dale

Shame the home crowd was not that many more than v Torquay.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Forget the scoreline on 18:13 - Sep 28 with 4084 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Forget the scoreline on 18:08 - Sep 28 by 442Dale

Shame the home crowd was not that many more than v Torquay.

They will start drifting over from the Etihad and OT when they see our footie.
Forget the scoreline on 18:20 - Sep 28 with 4018 viewsjudd

Matty Done was absolutely superb. All goals were fantastic finishes. Bunney hitting it first time was quality. Their keeper made so many great saves. Fantastic game.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Forget the scoreline on 18:23 - Sep 28 with 3994 viewsHarry_Dale

Don't disagree with anything that has been said on here so far. I thought that first twenty minutes were some of the best we have ever played under hill. Dicker is clearly a class act, and with a bit more game time, he'll start to boss things in there.

I thought the front 4 were excellent. Bunney gave his all and his movement was superb. Hogan looked dangerous as ever, and is a constant threat. Henderson, bar the mistakes did well and Matty Done had his best game since returning (not too much to beat though!)

I think we have a strong spine to that side now, with Lillis improving a lot, the two centre halves forming a great partnership and Dicker/Lund in front. Were a strong side.

My only area of concern is Reece Bennett, who today looked disinterested at times. His positioning is questionable and some of his decisions were poor. He was at fault for their second, position ally.

Good football today, good three points and the prospect of a great season ahead!

Up the Dale!
Forget the scoreline on 18:33 - Sep 28 with 3949 viewsmacro

George who?
Forget the scoreline on 19:53 - Sep 28 with 3704 viewsDaley_Lama

Forget the scoreline on 18:33 - Sep 28 by macro

George who?

2 more performances like that and George will struggle to de-place Bunney.

Poll: DF in or out

Forget the scoreline on 19:58 - Sep 28 with 3668 viewsdeanogod

Forget the scoreline on 18:23 - Sep 28 by Harry_Dale

Don't disagree with anything that has been said on here so far. I thought that first twenty minutes were some of the best we have ever played under hill. Dicker is clearly a class act, and with a bit more game time, he'll start to boss things in there.

I thought the front 4 were excellent. Bunney gave his all and his movement was superb. Hogan looked dangerous as ever, and is a constant threat. Henderson, bar the mistakes did well and Matty Done had his best game since returning (not too much to beat though!)

I think we have a strong spine to that side now, with Lillis improving a lot, the two centre halves forming a great partnership and Dicker/Lund in front. Were a strong side.

My only area of concern is Reece Bennett, who today looked disinterested at times. His positioning is questionable and some of his decisions were poor. He was at fault for their second, position ally.

Good football today, good three points and the prospect of a great season ahead!

Up the Dale!

agree with the point about bennett. Feel sorry for him as hes playing out of position. think we could do with getting shut of rafferty and vidal as they're obviously not good enough and using the wages to loan a good solid right back
Forget the scoreline on 20:02 - Sep 28 with 3645 viewsMass_Debater

Forget the scoreline on 18:01 - Sep 28 by Shun

Shame that bloody Sweetmore was up to his "time allowed" antics again!

As well as announcing that Wycombe's first goal was scored by their right-back.

Easy mistake to make, I suppose.
Forget the scoreline on 20:07 - Sep 28 with 3614 viewsroccydaleian

Forget the scoreline on 20:02 - Sep 28 by Mass_Debater

As well as announcing that Wycombe's first goal was scored by their right-back.

Easy mistake to make, I suppose.

Maybe Sweetmore is colour blind?
Forget the scoreline on 20:14 - Sep 28 with 3578 viewsTomRAFC

Lillis was solid.

Rose's passing throughout the game was some of the best I have ever seen and he made some quality tackles in the second half.

Lancashire and O'Connell look like a cracking and solid partnership.

Hogan, Hendo and Done were all excellent. It seems Hendo has almost limitless energy. I was suprised to see Vincenti dropped for Done but if he keeps playing like that then I will have no complaints.

Lund and Dicker could be a ridiculously good center mid pairing.

I thought Bunney was excellent. His runs were superb and he took his goal very well. There is no way Georgeous would have finished that chance. Hope he starts the next game.

Sadly Bennett had one of his worst games in a dale shirt today and took forever getting back from set pieces.

The passing and movement from dale in the first half was some of the best football I have ever seen us play. Wycombe were a quality side and they will do well this season.

If we play this well against most teams in our division this could be a very successful season.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Forget the scoreline on 23:53 - Sep 28 with 3328 viewswmgunit

Think Hilly's post match comments were spot on. A win is a win against a play off chasing side. The first 20 minutes ranks up there with some of the best football I have seen Dale ever play. And the cause of the first Wycombe goal was a result of our players getting a bit too cocky and showing our opponents a "lack of respect". All in all, a promising performance from a very talented and exciting side. The problems were self-inflicted and can be easily remedied.

Lillis - very dependable performance. Claimed the ball well whilst under pressure on crosses a few times. Not at fault for the goals.

O'Connell and Lancashire - Really pleased with these two as centre back pairing. Looked so confident and composed throughout. Hard to blame them for the Wycombe goals.

Rose - Great array of long range passing.

Bennett - Looked a bit nervy at times, but don't think he played terribly as some have made out. Sense his teammates don't entirely trust him. The ball is always played out to Rose, understandable given his long range passing skills, but I think Bennett would have been helped if he was given an opportunity to get a few easy touches early on. He has talent and hope he becomes more accustomed to the full back role.

Dicker - very classy. Cav will struggle to displace him.

Lund - A slightly quiet game by his standards, still very solid though.

Henderson - Some fantastic passing, dribbling and off the ball runs again. Guilty of being a bit sloppy in the lead up to the first Wycombe goal, but we'll forgive him that won't we.

Done - Worth his man of the match performance. Hope he starts at Portsmouth too. Much more of a threat than Vincenti.

Hogan - Excellent again. Cracking finish.

Bunney - justified his selection. Good finish, but lacks the pace and strength of Donnelly.
Forget the scoreline on 23:58 - Sep 28 with 3317 viewsjudd

Forget the scoreline on 23:53 - Sep 28 by wmgunit

Think Hilly's post match comments were spot on. A win is a win against a play off chasing side. The first 20 minutes ranks up there with some of the best football I have seen Dale ever play. And the cause of the first Wycombe goal was a result of our players getting a bit too cocky and showing our opponents a "lack of respect". All in all, a promising performance from a very talented and exciting side. The problems were self-inflicted and can be easily remedied.

Lillis - very dependable performance. Claimed the ball well whilst under pressure on crosses a few times. Not at fault for the goals.

O'Connell and Lancashire - Really pleased with these two as centre back pairing. Looked so confident and composed throughout. Hard to blame them for the Wycombe goals.

Rose - Great array of long range passing.

Bennett - Looked a bit nervy at times, but don't think he played terribly as some have made out. Sense his teammates don't entirely trust him. The ball is always played out to Rose, understandable given his long range passing skills, but I think Bennett would have been helped if he was given an opportunity to get a few easy touches early on. He has talent and hope he becomes more accustomed to the full back role.

Dicker - very classy. Cav will struggle to displace him.

Lund - A slightly quiet game by his standards, still very solid though.

Henderson - Some fantastic passing, dribbling and off the ball runs again. Guilty of being a bit sloppy in the lead up to the first Wycombe goal, but we'll forgive him that won't we.

Done - Worth his man of the match performance. Hope he starts at Portsmouth too. Much more of a threat than Vincenti.

Hogan - Excellent again. Cracking finish.

Bunney - justified his selection. Good finish, but lacks the pace and strength of Donnelly.

Hendo's header back to Lillis late on when we were under severe pressure was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Apart from my tee shirts.

Forget the scoreline on 00:26 - Sep 29 with 3271 viewsrochedale

It's nice to have forwards on the pitch who actually play as competent forwards. And Bennett? Just an attention seeker me!

Well done dale, superb win!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Forget the scoreline on 02:15 - Sep 29 with 3203 viewsTVOS1907

Forget the scoreline on 19:53 - Sep 28 by Daley_Lama

2 more performances like that and George will struggle to de-place Bunney.

It shouldn't take another two.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Forget the scoreline on 02:25 - Sep 29 with 3195 viewsTVOS1907

Forget the scoreline on 23:58 - Sep 28 by judd

Hendo's header back to Lillis late on when we were under severe pressure was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Apart from my tee shirts.

Have they got Kiss on them?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Forget the scoreline on 02:34 - Sep 29 with 3189 viewssandylaner1

couldn't make the game today due to family commitments

loved reading this thread - we are getting there

KHBA
Forget the scoreline on 02:38 - Sep 29 with 3187 viewsjudd

Forget the scoreline on 02:25 - Sep 29 by TVOS1907

Have they got Kiss on them?

Just lipstick.

Loads, tbh

Forget the scoreline on 07:14 - Sep 29 with 3118 viewsCornish_Dale

Forget the scoreline on 19:58 - Sep 28 by deanogod

agree with the point about bennett. Feel sorry for him as hes playing out of position. think we could do with getting shut of rafferty and vidal as they're obviously not good enough and using the wages to loan a good solid right back

The writing may well be on the wall for these players. I am wondering if Hill will play Cavanagh in this position when he returns as at present he won't get in the midfield. I am sure he has played right back before or am I imagining this? On the other hand Hill may well remember Rafferty's improvement from Exeter to end of season and he may get another chance to cement his place. Whatever happens I am sure Hill has put Rochdale back in the shop window s an attractive team to play for, so a dip in the transfer market for some quality may well occur.
Forget the scoreline on 09:30 - Sep 29 with 2978 viewsTomRAFC

Forget the scoreline on 07:14 - Sep 29 by Cornish_Dale

The writing may well be on the wall for these players. I am wondering if Hill will play Cavanagh in this position when he returns as at present he won't get in the midfield. I am sure he has played right back before or am I imagining this? On the other hand Hill may well remember Rafferty's improvement from Exeter to end of season and he may get another chance to cement his place. Whatever happens I am sure Hill has put Rochdale back in the shop window s an attractive team to play for, so a dip in the transfer market for some quality may well occur.

Very good point about Cavanagh being a natural right back.

Think he would do well there personally.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Forget the scoreline on 10:27 - Sep 29 with 2895 viewsD_Alien

Forget the scoreline on 02:34 - Sep 29 by sandylaner1

couldn't make the game today due to family commitments

loved reading this thread - we are getting there

KHBA

Same here

Would have loved to have been there for those first 15/20 minutes

Reports suggest we were comfortable even at 3-2, and the fact we can hang on to a single-goal lead (even with 10 men) suggests we're getting something very right

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024