Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hodgson is an idiot 09:13 - Oct 17 with 11751 viewsTheBlob

Why pull a comment like that out of the hat?Especially when your exalted position makes you number one target with the press.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10384676/Roy-Hodgson-for

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hodgson is an idiot on 16:15 - Oct 17 with 2521 viewsTHEBUSH

Hodgson is an idiot on 11:09 - Oct 17 by Antti_Heinola

don't be ridiculous. you're basically saying you can't say the word 'monkey' under any circumstances when addressing someone with a dark skin tone.

If I'm being ridiculous, why all the fuss, as far as I'm concerned Hodgson can say what he wants, but he has to face the consequences !!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2013 16:16]
Hodgson is an idiot on 16:23 - Oct 17 with 2501 viewsJuzzie

Townsend has said there are no problems and he understands the context. I don't see why the whole world has to come out and make an issue of it 'in his name'.
Seems too many people go looking for trouble to find.
Hodgson is an idiot on 16:33 - Oct 17 with 2485 viewsA40Bosh

Hodgson is an idiot on 16:23 - Oct 17 by Juzzie

Townsend has said there are no problems and he understands the context. I don't see why the whole world has to come out and make an issue of it 'in his name'.
Seems too many people go looking for trouble to find.

+1

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hodgson is an idiot on 17:31 - Oct 17 with 2443 viewsstevec

Hodgson is an idiot on 16:15 - Oct 17 by THEBUSH

If I'm being ridiculous, why all the fuss, as far as I'm concerned Hodgson can say what he wants, but he has to face the consequences !!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2013 16:16]

Surely the real racists are the people, who on hearing the word monkey immediately associate it with a black person.

Hodgson clearly didn't, whereas The Sun and Black Lawyers association??. Maybe its time for a crime of 'stirring racial hatred where there is none'.
Hodgson is an idiot on 17:58 - Oct 17 with 2427 viewsrsonist

In fairness, if Hodgson did just say "feed the monkey" out of context and only explained himself later when challenged then I think it's disingenuous for anyone to claim it wouldn't have been a bizarre eyebrow-raiser at the time.

Even still, it's an old man's naive gaffe and hardly evidence of deep-rooted bigotry.

Anyone considered it might have been Fat Frank leaking it for Uncle Arry by the way?
Hodgson is an idiot on 18:54 - Oct 17 with 2387 viewsHayesender

The only racists here are the idiots linking a black/mixed race man and the word monkey.

And that includes the obviously racist and obnoxious Lord Ousley

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Hodgson is an idiot on 19:28 - Oct 17 with 2364 viewsSnipper

Hodgson is an idiot on 18:54 - Oct 17 by Hayesender

The only racists here are the idiots linking a black/mixed race man and the word monkey.

And that includes the obviously racist and obnoxious Lord Ousley

Lord Ouseley & the society of black lawyers etc etc are the biggest racists out there. The SoBL are too stupid to see that the name of their organisation is in itself racist.

I was at a union meeting last night and they wanted people to put themselves forward for the Black & Ethnic minority conference. That's racist, but nothing is said.

These so called do-gooders see racism as a one way street when it clearly isn't.
Hodgson is an idiot on 19:34 - Oct 17 with 2357 viewsFredManRave

Imagine the hoo-ha if this guy played for us;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Hodgson is an idiot on 19:48 - Oct 17 with 2339 viewsHayesender

Hodgson is an idiot on 19:28 - Oct 17 by Snipper

Lord Ouseley & the society of black lawyers etc etc are the biggest racists out there. The SoBL are too stupid to see that the name of their organisation is in itself racist.

I was at a union meeting last night and they wanted people to put themselves forward for the Black & Ethnic minority conference. That's racist, but nothing is said.

These so called do-gooders see racism as a one way street when it clearly isn't.

You should have put yourself forward

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Hodgson is an idiot on 20:01 - Oct 17 with 2326 viewsSnipper

Hodgson is an idiot on 19:48 - Oct 17 by Hayesender

You should have put yourself forward

They were also looking for delegates for the Gay, Lesbian & Transgender conference.

Don't say it Dave you toerag.
Hodgson is an idiot on 20:23 - Oct 17 with 2293 viewsHollowayRanger

i had to check myself a while back as a friends little boy was messing about and i was just about to call him a cheeky monkey ( i didnt ) simply because i feared what others might have made out of it

and that made me angry/sad as i would always call kids cheeky monkeys just as my dad use to call me!

my mum almost got done back in the 70's for saying the n word when describing the colour black just like saying scarlett red or olive green she said n... black but her friend rosemarie who was black understood, she didnt mean it as racist it was just the way children of the 30's-40's were schooled and taught to describe colours back then

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hodgson is an idiot on 20:54 - Oct 17 with 2286 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Hodgson is an idiot on 17:58 - Oct 17 by rsonist

In fairness, if Hodgson did just say "feed the monkey" out of context and only explained himself later when challenged then I think it's disingenuous for anyone to claim it wouldn't have been a bizarre eyebrow-raiser at the time.

Even still, it's an old man's naive gaffe and hardly evidence of deep-rooted bigotry.

Anyone considered it might have been Fat Frank leaking it for Uncle Arry by the way?

Bang on mate, we don't know what was said but if I heard someone saying 'just feed the monkey' *edit:to someone of colour*, and that was all they said without the rest of the (not very funny) joke, then I too would be aghast.

That said I think it's crazy to take this any further than the changing room, which is where ths sorry tale should have stayed.

And for the record its ridiculous to think that RH is some kind of racist and if that has been implied I hope he can successfully sue whoever is doing it.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2013 20:57]
Hodgson is an idiot on 06:43 - Oct 18 with 2179 viewsqprmick

Roy has the right idea when he talks with his hand over his mouth to his men on the line with him, too many looking for trouble

Qprmick

Hodgson is an idiot on 07:24 - Oct 18 with 2160 viewsHarrowRoadR

Hodgson is an idiot on 20:23 - Oct 17 by HollowayRanger

i had to check myself a while back as a friends little boy was messing about and i was just about to call him a cheeky monkey ( i didnt ) simply because i feared what others might have made out of it

and that made me angry/sad as i would always call kids cheeky monkeys just as my dad use to call me!

my mum almost got done back in the 70's for saying the n word when describing the colour black just like saying scarlett red or olive green she said n... black but her friend rosemarie who was black understood, she didnt mean it as racist it was just the way children of the 30's-40's were schooled and taught to describe colours back then

When I was a girl, a very, very long time ago, the n word associated with colour was to describe brown not black.
Hodgson is an idiot on 08:21 - Oct 18 with 2143 viewskingsburyR

Sportsmen (and women) do that all over the planet now.

Check Jose Mouriniho (Sp?) he always covers his mouth to talk.

I think they are taught in media training to cover their mouths!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Hodgson is an idiot on 08:54 - Oct 18 with 2114 viewsPommyhoop

More Newsworthy story..

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news/local/early_customers_find_boots_closed_1_3

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:19 - Oct 18 with 2100 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hodgson is an idiot on 08:54 - Oct 18 by Pommyhoop

More Newsworthy story..

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news/local/early_customers_find_boots_closed_1_3

"The store later opened."

Thank God, crisis averted!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:33 - Oct 18 with 2089 viewsPommyhoop

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:19 - Oct 18 by isawqpratwcity

"The store later opened."

Thank God, crisis averted!

Exactly : Real reporting by people who were there on the scene

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:54 - Oct 18 with 2076 viewsdaveB

Hodgson is an idiot on 17:58 - Oct 17 by rsonist

can't see it being Lampard, Redknapp has no hope of ever getting the England job after what he said in his book. it's probably someones agent
Hodgson is an idiot on 11:29 - Oct 18 with 2051 viewsrsonist

"I admit that some of the younger players may not have understood the reference to the monkey in space. They may not have heard the expression before but that’s a generational thing. I meant “give the ball to the player who can make things happen”. There was no other connotation, and no offence was taken by any of the players."

Hodgson mentioning 'reference' and 'expression' in this quote suggests he did indeed say it out of context (ie didn't tell the whole joke) to begin with.
Hodgson is an idiot on 13:03 - Oct 18 with 2000 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hodgson is an idiot on 19:28 - Oct 17 by Snipper

oh god.

Bare bones.

Hodgson is an idiot on 20:15 - Oct 18 with 1934 viewsElHoop

Looks like Cashley might have played his last game for England.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10384754/England-manager

'You know who you are.'

Bit of a giveaway isn't it?

Having said that, Cole has denied it and wasn't even at the game. But 'you know who you are' implies a Chelsea connection.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2013 20:25]
Hodgson is an idiot on 20:52 - Oct 18 with 1919 viewsQPR1882

Cant be Cole he does not give a fck about racism. remember the JT trial.
Hodgson is an idiot on 03:14 - Oct 19 with 1873 viewsSonofNorfolt

The rumour is that Defoe is the mole.

Frankly, the whole thing is ridiculous, and is just news creation.
Hodgson is an idiot on 03:19 - Oct 19 with 1869 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Hodgson is an idiot on 03:14 - Oct 19 by SonofNorfolt

The rumour is that Defoe is the mole.

Frankly, the whole thing is ridiculous, and is just news creation.

And ting

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024