Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Famous Swansea City 19:01 - Nov 3 with 7680 viewsstonedroller

apart from Zeta Jones and Joes Icecream, what is Swansea actually famous for?

and bollox to our 'sandy beaches and the gower' because to be quite frank, they aren't the best, brown/green waters, shite weather, hardly any parking or ease of access to them and on the whole no one has ever heard of them.

Forget the football for a minute and think of what is great about Swansea, there isn't much is there? especially when them tossers up the road make mugs of us.
The Famous Swansea City on 19:02 - Nov 3 with 5072 viewsJackfath

It's nowhere near as good as Cornwall.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Famous Swansea City on 22:13 - Nov 3 with 5011 viewsstonedroller

The Famous Swansea City on 19:02 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

It's nowhere near as good as Cornwall.

cornwalls even worsererer
The Famous Swansea City on 22:16 - Nov 3 with 4988 viewsQuakerJack

It's Swansea, you can't put ur finger on it, it's a shit hole but it's our shit hole and I fcuking loves it

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Famous Swansea City on 09:40 - Nov 4 with 4888 viewsperchrockjack

and he got away with that...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Famous Swansea City on 09:51 - Nov 4 with 4875 viewsstonedroller

The Famous Swansea City on 09:40 - Nov 4 by perchrockjack

and he got away with that...

what's your opinion on Swansea Perch?
The Famous Swansea City on 10:21 - Nov 4 with 4861 viewsperchrockjack

Honest one

The Famous Swansea City on 10:32 - Nov 4 with 4848 viewsperchrockjack

ah feckit while Im in the mood.
You seem resilient enough to take it where as many cannot.
Its my home, always will be,always in my soul,always in my heart .
Its why I get so feckn depressed every time I get home to see a blighted centre and all the jobs we lost not replaced to any degree. I don't like the low waged call centre jobs that were supposed to compensate.
I don't like the fact there s no entertainment venue worthy of the name and anyone wanting to see a decent artist or any culture has to go to Cardiff.
Gower is not as clean as it once was and I actually learned to swim in Swansea Bay.

The people are still its asset and how they remain so is testament to their resilience.

People on this site slag off Liverpool 10 miles from me and true enough many of the estates are truly dangerous places. Hell, I earned a very good living from them and still have the scars but the City is buzzing like you wouldn't believe. Utterly transformed and its why so many visit it. People here too are its main feature;most are terrific and very street wise and witty-some are just utter shuite and as bad as you d ever want to come across but its going forward whereas Im not sure Swansea is and it hurts .

Ive been as honest as I can assuming you really weren't trying to get a bite but I feel upset this morning and this ll help me get better.

The Famous Swansea City on 12:56 - Nov 4 with 4786 viewsChief

faaa kin ell, is the OP serious? i'm from Llanelli, now that's a real shitthole. you jacks don't know you're born!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

The Famous Swansea City on 13:02 - Nov 4 with 4780 viewsDevz00

The Famous Swansea City on 12:56 - Nov 4 by Chief

faaa kin ell, is the OP serious? i'm from Llanelli, now that's a real shitthole. you jacks don't know you're born!

+1

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Famous Swansea City on 13:12 - Nov 4 with 4769 viewsstonedroller

The Famous Swansea City on 13:02 - Nov 4 by Devz00

+1

the UK is a shitehole
The Famous Swansea City on 13:19 - Nov 4 with 4752 viewsChief

The Famous Swansea City on 13:12 - Nov 4 by stonedroller

the UK is a shitehole

chin up buddy, I was feelling like you yesterday after the game, but a game of Swansea rejects bingo on the bus back followed by drinking wind street dry was just the tonic.

yes, I woke up today feeling worse for wear, but the suns shining, I've got the day off work and the house to myself.

You cant dwell on these things, they'll eat away at you

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Famous Swansea City on 14:02 - Nov 4 with 4727 viewsGowerjack

The Famous Swansea City on 10:32 - Nov 4 by perchrockjack

ah feckit while Im in the mood.
You seem resilient enough to take it where as many cannot.
Its my home, always will be,always in my soul,always in my heart .
Its why I get so feckn depressed every time I get home to see a blighted centre and all the jobs we lost not replaced to any degree. I don't like the low waged call centre jobs that were supposed to compensate.
I don't like the fact there s no entertainment venue worthy of the name and anyone wanting to see a decent artist or any culture has to go to Cardiff.
Gower is not as clean as it once was and I actually learned to swim in Swansea Bay.

The people are still its asset and how they remain so is testament to their resilience.

People on this site slag off Liverpool 10 miles from me and true enough many of the estates are truly dangerous places. Hell, I earned a very good living from them and still have the scars but the City is buzzing like you wouldn't believe. Utterly transformed and its why so many visit it. People here too are its main feature;most are terrific and very street wise and witty-some are just utter shuite and as bad as you d ever want to come across but its going forward whereas Im not sure Swansea is and it hurts .

Ive been as honest as I can assuming you really weren't trying to get a bite but I feel upset this morning and this ll help me get better.

My eldest boy in up at Liverpool Uni.

It is a fabulous city proud of it's history yet looking forward.

Swansea on the other hand is a bit of a sh*thole to be honest.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Famous Swansea City on 15:03 - Nov 4 with 4667 viewsperchrockjack

Is this entrapment I see before me.
If not, where s he lodging?
Not grooming just curious

The Famous Swansea City on 17:43 - Nov 4 with 4624 viewsQuakerJack

The Famous Swansea City on 14:02 - Nov 4 by Gowerjack

My eldest boy in up at Liverpool Uni.

It is a fabulous city proud of it's history yet looking forward.

Swansea on the other hand is a bit of a sh*thole to be honest.

Liverpool is officially one of the most deprived cities in the UK along with Hull, Middlesbrough and a few other bleak northern towns.

In answer to the OP, Dylan fcuking Thomas mun.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Famous Swansea City on 18:26 - Nov 4 with 4604 viewsGeoffThom

I'm swansea born and bred and I used to blow its trumpet from every part of the world or country I've been too ,people I've met have come here and cannot believe the area we live in is so lovely the people so warm funny and friendly and the majority of the women so pretty but they all lambast one thing the city centre and the main arteries into the city from the east ,I can remember the late seventies early eighties when this city had the heads up on Cardiff ,major leisure centre first indoor shopping centre marina under construction grand theatre under renovation things looked good the ratepayers council were doing o k it may have been backhanders but we were forward thinking so who cared ,I was working in Cardiff at the time and what a shithole it was like rent a wreck only shopping was st Mary's no leisure facility docks area derelict ,the pop of swansea was about 230.000 and Cardiff about280.000.
Then the rich boys of cardiff got into the wda and decided to use all the money coming into wales at the detriment of the rest of us to make a euro capital ,we voted the narrow minded labour council on again and jailed the boys who did the city proud we went backward at a rate of nots as for cardiff the rest is obvious ,pop now swan about260.000 cardiff about 360.000 sadly I no longer blow the trumpet as the city centr and some parts are beyond repair but as someone said it's my shithole
The Famous Swansea City on 18:50 - Nov 4 with 4593 viewsGowerjack

The Famous Swansea City on 15:03 - Nov 4 by perchrockjack

Is this entrapment I see before me.
If not, where s he lodging?
Not grooming just curious

In halls

Jut off Penny Lane

He is loving it,great course,good friends and he can do his music.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Famous Swansea City on 20:58 - Nov 5 with 4461 viewsjack_lord

The Famous Swansea City on 18:26 - Nov 4 by GeoffThom

I'm swansea born and bred and I used to blow its trumpet from every part of the world or country I've been too ,people I've met have come here and cannot believe the area we live in is so lovely the people so warm funny and friendly and the majority of the women so pretty but they all lambast one thing the city centre and the main arteries into the city from the east ,I can remember the late seventies early eighties when this city had the heads up on Cardiff ,major leisure centre first indoor shopping centre marina under construction grand theatre under renovation things looked good the ratepayers council were doing o k it may have been backhanders but we were forward thinking so who cared ,I was working in Cardiff at the time and what a shithole it was like rent a wreck only shopping was st Mary's no leisure facility docks area derelict ,the pop of swansea was about 230.000 and Cardiff about280.000.
Then the rich boys of cardiff got into the wda and decided to use all the money coming into wales at the detriment of the rest of us to make a euro capital ,we voted the narrow minded labour council on again and jailed the boys who did the city proud we went backward at a rate of nots as for cardiff the rest is obvious ,pop now swan about260.000 cardiff about 360.000 sadly I no longer blow the trumpet as the city centr and some parts are beyond repair but as someone said it's my shithole

While I agree about the state of the two cities then and now, once the assembly went to Cardiff there was only one way this was heading.

Swansea is improving, it will get better but we have to work harder at it because of that obstacle in the way up the road.

Don't forget though, every penny spent up there by us makes them smug gits a little richer.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Famous Swansea City on 21:13 - Nov 5 with 4447 viewsdgt73

The Famous Swansea City on 18:26 - Nov 4 by GeoffThom

Apart from Cardiff city centre the bay and one or two other places, cardiff too is a sh*t hole, it has many problems including high unemployment.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The Famous Swansea City on 21:52 - Nov 5 with 4425 viewsItchySphincter

"apart from Zeta Jones and Joes Icecream, what is Swansea actually famous for? "

"I can't liiiiiiiiiiiive, if living is without yoooooooooooooooooo"

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Famous Swansea City on 03:21 - Nov 6 with 4391 viewsdameedna

The Famous Swansea City on 21:52 - Nov 5 by ItchySphincter

"apart from Zeta Jones and Joes Icecream, what is Swansea actually famous for? "

"I can't liiiiiiiiiiiive, if living is without yoooooooooooooooooo"

I ate a burger at Villa with one of the band members that was nice but who cares about fame

having lived in far worse places than swansea and far better places too, it's not a bad joint though to be fair, cardiff is the better city LOL, which is not saying much at all
The Famous Swansea City on 09:35 - Nov 6 with 4327 viewsperchrockjack

Gower.
I worked in that area for many years and it was terrific.
Liverpool statistically is one of the most deprived "towns" but it also had more regeneration of any British city and the whole Dock front was made an Unesco world heritage site in 2004 and its also been Capital of Culture in 08 so to dismiss it out of hand is something for those who are defensive about a city born in 69 that has lost much and gained nowt.

Liverpool has a wonderful university with affordable housing very near .It also has cultural history both ancient and contemporary that would take months to appreciate.
People come to Liverpool city to stay in it and to be a part of it whereas those visiting Swansea will find the Gower very pleasant when its fine . Not sure what is there to keep them in the City Centre
It seems Dylan Thomas is the only thing going for it and many dismissed his work of that of a drunk who couldn't make a coherent stanza.
Still.it suits many JACKS to rip into Liverpool although fe.ck knows why although its often the case theyre have either never been or have been tAwatedd up there for being a d.1CIK in a public place.

Middlesborough is indeed an old industrial wasteland that trying to fight back from the same shuite Thtacher gave to south Wales. Same with Hull ,Sheffield and Manchester too. THE northern Cities are places that have been ravaged by THATCHERISM and industrial decline but its people are IMO far better ,friendlier and genuine than southern ones which you seem to prefer. These are the very people who see Wales as a joke and have patronised us for centuries.
CHAMPION

The Famous Swansea City on 10:32 - Nov 6 with 4311 viewsUxbridge

The Famous Swansea City on 13:12 - Nov 4 by stonedroller

the UK is a shitehole

Is the right answer. And as someone who's lived and worked in more than my fair share of towns and cities in this country I feel more qualified than most to comment.

This island is truly awful. You only have to travel to the continent to see how much nicer large stretches of it can be. The "we want to stay here" song sung at Malmo, Copenhagen and Valencia couldn't have been more heartfelt if it tried.

Luckily, in UK terms, Swansea's actually rather decent despite the usual bullshit from the usual bullshitter. For that at least I'm grateful.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2013 10:32]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Famous Swansea City on 10:50 - Nov 6 with 4299 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks to our regular Swansea man although one who ll admit to criticising it too but not on here.

Why is it Liverpool above all else gets it. I too have lived and worked in many places and frankly the worst was Bristol -a city like Liverpool that grew rich on Slavery. Arroant tossers who hated the welsh with a a passion and quite a dark side in St Pauls that they always tried to hide.
High Wycombe, Slough, Reading,Oxford, Gloucester, Northampton -yep never find these on the worst list of anything.

Best places for me these days are not what many think ,ie Manchester, Newcastle ,Leeds, Harrogate and Sheffield. and Warwick too.

Sad also to see south Wales has more people earning less than the living wage than anywhere else in the UK and prices falling when everywhere else is rising so best to concentrate at home and improve rather than slag off other places

The Famous Swansea City on 11:15 - Nov 6 with 4289 viewsUxbridge

House prices in Swansea are rising, and living standards are significantly higher than the S Wales average, but let's ignore that for convenience.

Liverpool only gets it on here for comic effect. If you raised the blinkers occasionally it wouldn't happen. I suspect the mantra of good and bad everywhere probably applies but can only go on personal experience.

If we're discounting the home town, my fab 5 .... nah, less shit 6 would be more applicable are Manchester, Brum, Edinburgh, Exeter, Aberystwyth and London (well, the good bits).

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Famous Swansea City on 11:27 - Nov 6 with 4285 viewsperchrockjack

Ah so we re turning inwards again.
House prices are falling in Wales.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024