Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's Officials 21:47 - Nov 26 with 3699 viewsSuddenLad

Utterly clueless.

The referee was less than 10 yards away from the 'penalty decision' and waved play on. He had a clear and uninterrupted view of the incident and initially made the right decision.

For reasons best known to himself, he then accepts the word of a linesman who was 30 yards away, changed his mind, awarded a penalty and sent off a Dale player.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2013 21:48]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tonight's Officials on 21:50 - Nov 26 with 2664 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Our clowns should n't give him the opportunity to be "utterly clueless" though.

Imploded.
Tonight's Officials on 21:51 - Nov 26 with 2657 viewsDaleFan7

We'd have lost with 11 men. Never threatened them.
Tonight's Officials on 21:52 - Nov 26 with 2646 viewsBoss_Hog

Got to disagree I'm afraid. It looked for all the world a nailed on penalty and therefore red card, my only surprise was that it took the intervention of the liner to actually see it given.

The very same liner gave the flag for the second yellow card to Lancashire, which again for me was nailed on.

I'm not saying the referee had a good game but those two 'big decisions' were both correct IMHO.
Tonight's Officials on 21:58 - Nov 26 with 2559 viewsrod_leach

The ref didn't do much wrong. I'd have been annoyed if opposing players hadn't been sent off for those offences
Tonight's Officials on 21:58 - Nov 26 with 2563 viewsdale4ever

We may well have lost with 11 men. Lancashire red was deserved! 2nd wasn't a penalty and red card, the referee saw this yet listened to the clueless linesman! The ironic cheer when he actually flagged one of their numerous offsides was the most amusing part of what can only be described as inept (again!) officials. Wonder what Hilly will have to say.
Tonight's Officials on 21:59 - Nov 26 with 2549 views1907

There was an absolute nailed on foul on Done which led to the ball running through for the foul. Absolutely ridiculous. The main issue with that game was starting with 3 centre halfs and conceding an absolutely awful goal YET AGAIN.
Tonight's Officials on 22:03 - Nov 26 with 2519 viewsBobbyjoe

Tonight's Officials on 21:52 - Nov 26 by Boss_Hog

Got to disagree I'm afraid. It looked for all the world a nailed on penalty and therefore red card, my only surprise was that it took the intervention of the liner to actually see it given.

The very same liner gave the flag for the second yellow card to Lancashire, which again for me was nailed on.

I'm not saying the referee had a good game but those two 'big decisions' were both correct IMHO.

Except their lad looked off-side, which would make the second yellow moot.
Tonight's Officials on 22:04 - Nov 26 with 2491 views442Dale

Tonight's Officials on 21:52 - Nov 26 by Boss_Hog

Agreed. Can't blame the officials for our poor decision making at the back, something we were guilty of all too often. Lancashire's second yellow was a stupid challenge, it really cost us. And after the red cards we were shocking defensively, Rose is no centre half and the goal difference took a hit because of that.

Before all that, Hill should have changed the three at the back when making the subs, they were comfortable and organised and we needed to make them think. Sticking Hery on in a midfield two did him no favours and we were light in the middle of the park.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's Officials on 22:06 - Nov 26 with 2455 viewsColDale

Tonight's Officials on 22:04 - Nov 26 by 442Dale

Agreed. Can't blame the officials for our poor decision making at the back, something we were guilty of all too often. Lancashire's second yellow was a stupid challenge, it really cost us. And after the red cards we were shocking defensively, Rose is no centre half and the goal difference took a hit because of that.

Before all that, Hill should have changed the three at the back when making the subs, they were comfortable and organised and we needed to make them think. Sticking Hery on in a midfield two did him no favours and we were light in the middle of the park.

both Lancashire's yellow cards were needless. We'd just stepped up a gear with Hery giving us some much needed tempo and an ability to run direct with the ball and that red card killed us off. Let's hope we don't live to regret it on Saturday too.
Tonight's Officials on 22:06 - Nov 26 with 2452 views442Dale

Tonight's Officials on 22:03 - Nov 26 by Bobbyjoe

Except their lad looked off-side, which would make the second yellow moot.

That's the only reason they could be criticised for the red card, replays will be the judge.

Tonight's Officials on 22:10 - Nov 26 with 2411 viewsbaroniser

Everyone in the stadium could see the 3 at the back wasn't working. Everyone but Hilly it seems.
Bennett didn't get forward enough for a wing back and the overall tactics were completely useless tonight.

With regards to the red cards; lancashires tug back deserved a second yellow, though I though their player was offside. 2nd red if have to see again, but to me it looked like shirt pulling from both players resulting in them going down. As a ref you are taught to trust your first instinct,He was about 10 foot away with a clear view, and if he didn't think it was a pen then he should have stuck by his decision. Saying that though, I'd have been asking for reds if they were against us.

Let's put the result behind us and focus on Saturday now.
Tonight's Officials on 22:10 - Nov 26 with 2403 viewssandylaner1

top of the table, at home

1 up top, 5 at the back

the officials were bad but we would have lost that game regardless

still frustrating, clearly the players also lost their heads
Tonight's Officials on 22:12 - Nov 26 with 2377 viewsSandyman

Dale weren't at their best that's for sure, but when a 9 v 14 situation is unfairly manifest upon us, what can we do? The officiating in the last half hour was so wrong. Towards the end, a Dale shot on goal is pushed over the line by Scunny's keeper who gathers the ball. A Dale corner, nailed on. Scunny get a goal kick. Disbelief wasn't an option by then and it sums up the ineptitude of the officials tonight. The irony that the biggest cheer of the night was when a linesman actually gave us an offside and a throw in decision in time added on speaks volumes.

One to forget, dust ourselves down and carry on, and let's hope we don't again face as effective an opposition force as the officials who played for Scunthorpe late on tonight.
Tonight's Officials on 22:21 - Nov 26 with 2312 views49thseason

It was worse than that , in the last few minutes, Hogan was given offside after their goalkeeper had parried a shot away towards him. Either someone changed the rules this morning or the linesman is an idiot...

Its time Referees and linesmen were chosen from players who have actually played the game and not from the pool of people who could never even get picked for their primary school class team but liked telling everyone else how to play.

And we wonder why no one turns up to watch.
Tonight's Officials on 22:22 - Nov 26 with 2296 views442Dale

Tonight's Officials on 22:21 - Nov 26 by 49thseason

It was worse than that , in the last few minutes, Hogan was given offside after their goalkeeper had parried a shot away towards him. Either someone changed the rules this morning or the linesman is an idiot...

Its time Referees and linesmen were chosen from players who have actually played the game and not from the pool of people who could never even get picked for their primary school class team but liked telling everyone else how to play.

And we wonder why no one turns up to watch.

Hogan looked offside from Done's shot.

Tonight's Officials on 22:23 - Nov 26 with 2287 viewsmaybee

Well let me give a little praise to Scunny. Their players worked tirelessly in the first half when we were well on top and limited us to a couple of chances. They then scored with their only incursion into our penalty area, when our defenders stood like statues instead of attacking the ball. we seemed to have so much posession in the first half without posing too much of a threat on goal.

After half time, Hilly changed it, but imho the removal of Tutte (who was on a yellow, and therefore was hopefully being saved for later games) made us far poorer going forward, and we eventually lost much of our shape.
Can't argue about the penalty, although it looked like a foul should have been awarded to us seconds before, but the increasingly abject ref waved play on.
At 2-0 down and with 9 men, it was game over. Scunny merely used the space and tore us a new one in the closing stages. Sadly,

Take it on the chin, re-group and move on. These sort of things happen over the course of a season. We just have to make sure that they don't happen too often. Just a shame that I had predicted a very tough game tonight. How I'd love to have been wrong.
Tonight's Officials on 22:24 - Nov 26 with 2251 viewsdalenumber2

Really annoyed with Lancashire - and surprised at his behaviour. I thought the match could have possibly gone either way until then. Costing us three points could be the difference in a league position come the end of the season. Players need to realise that.
Tonight's Officials on 22:25 - Nov 26 with 2247 viewsRochdale_Matt

Tonight's Officials on 21:59 - Nov 26 by 1907

There was an absolute nailed on foul on Done which led to the ball running through for the foul. Absolutely ridiculous. The main issue with that game was starting with 3 centre halfs and conceding an absolutely awful goal YET AGAIN.

Spot on. How the officials missed the foul that led to the pen is beyond me. Abysmal!
Tonight's Officials on 22:26 - Nov 26 with 2234 views49thseason

Tonight's Officials on 22:22 - Nov 26 by 442Dale

Hogan looked offside from Done's shot.

???

How can you be offside from a shot by one of your players when the goalkeeper parries it back to you? You obviously knew about the changed rules?
Tonight's Officials on 22:30 - Nov 26 with 2180 views442Dale

Tonight's Officials on 22:26 - Nov 26 by 49thseason

???

How can you be offside from a shot by one of your players when the goalkeeper parries it back to you? You obviously knew about the changed rules?

No? What changed?

If a player was in an offside position when a shot was made and then collects/puts in the rebound, he became active and therefore offside. Stand corrected if this changed recently.

Edit: found this

GAINING AN ADVANTAGE — what the law used to say
“Gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball that rebounds to him off a goal post or the crossbar having been in an offside position or playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent having been in an offside position.
GAINING AN ADVANTAGE - what the law now says
“Gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball…
1. That rebounds or is deflected to him off the goal post, crossbar or an opponent having been in an offside position.
2. That rebounds, is deflected or is played to him from a deliberate save by an opponent having been in an offside position. 
3. A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2013 22:35]

Tonight's Officials on 22:37 - Nov 26 with 2106 viewsmacro

Sometimes I do wonder! Not every defeat is down to bad reffing. Although you can guarantee after every one a thread like this appears
Tonight's Officials on 22:43 - Nov 26 with 2051 viewsDaley_Lama

Tonight's Officials on 22:37 - Nov 26 by macro

Sometimes I do wonder! Not every defeat is down to bad reffing. Although you can guarantee after every one a thread like this appears

Same thoughts as maybee, word for word.

Well played Scunny, only things i didn't enjoy was Winnall gloating after the third and our lot shouting 'shoooot' when our Ch's ventured into their half at 1-0.

Some of our play in the first half was a joy to watch, Hendo in particular.

Poll: DF in or out

Tonight's Officials on 22:44 - Nov 26 with 2048 viewsTalkingSutty

Tonight's Officials on 22:23 - Nov 26 by maybee

Well let me give a little praise to Scunny. Their players worked tirelessly in the first half when we were well on top and limited us to a couple of chances. They then scored with their only incursion into our penalty area, when our defenders stood like statues instead of attacking the ball. we seemed to have so much posession in the first half without posing too much of a threat on goal.

After half time, Hilly changed it, but imho the removal of Tutte (who was on a yellow, and therefore was hopefully being saved for later games) made us far poorer going forward, and we eventually lost much of our shape.
Can't argue about the penalty, although it looked like a foul should have been awarded to us seconds before, but the increasingly abject ref waved play on.
At 2-0 down and with 9 men, it was game over. Scunny merely used the space and tore us a new one in the closing stages. Sadly,

Take it on the chin, re-group and move on. These sort of things happen over the course of a season. We just have to make sure that they don't happen too often. Just a shame that I had predicted a very tough game tonight. How I'd love to have been wrong.

Spot on with that post. From my view in the TDS Lancashire deserved the red card and the penalty and sending off was nailed on. The ref should have blown for a foul to us seconds before the penalty incident and I think he tried to even things up by ignoring the appeals. The linesman called it right though.

First half we played some pretty football but lacked a cutting edge and I think we are trying to be too cute with corners and set pieces at times, we seem reluctant to get the ball into the danger areas at times and end up overplaying.

We never got up a head of steam tonight and it was just one of those games that you sometimes get. Draw a line under it and now we will see others with a chance of staking a claim to a first team shirt over the next few games. Hery looked very lively when he came on.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tonight's Officials on 22:53 - Nov 26 with 1984 viewsDale_Mike

Tonight's Officials on 22:44 - Nov 26 by TalkingSutty

Spot on with that post. From my view in the TDS Lancashire deserved the red card and the penalty and sending off was nailed on. The ref should have blown for a foul to us seconds before the penalty incident and I think he tried to even things up by ignoring the appeals. The linesman called it right though.

First half we played some pretty football but lacked a cutting edge and I think we are trying to be too cute with corners and set pieces at times, we seem reluctant to get the ball into the danger areas at times and end up overplaying.

We never got up a head of steam tonight and it was just one of those games that you sometimes get. Draw a line under it and now we will see others with a chance of staking a claim to a first team shirt over the next few games. Hery looked very lively when he came on.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes it looked to me like the ref got it wrong twice within about 15 seconds. Missed the first foul on our player and also didn't give the penalty until the linesman flagged.

Also surprised their player wasn't given a yellow card for the pull back on Hery after he skinned him and shot at goal. Ref played advantage but had already dished out some cards by that point.
Tonight's Officials on 22:53 - Nov 26 with 1984 views49thseason

Fair enough IF he (Hogan) was offside when the shot came in but that certainly wasn't my impression, it looked to me as if he reacted quickest and followed the shot in.

I stand with a former class 1 referee who couldn't believe the linseman's decision either, much less the foul against us in the build up to the penalty which was waved on. Its the lack of consistency that gives refs a bad name and tonight's performance was as poor as I have seen for a long time especially when compared to Saturday's ref who I thought did a brilliant job. At the end of the day this is an entertainment industry as much as a sport and referees who want to get noticed are spoiling the game. Two red cards and a yellow and only 12 freekicks and not a bad foul all night says it all.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024