Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff starting to falter 17:15 - Nov 30 with 28963 viewsdeanscfc

Think their 'new to the PL' buzz is wearing off and they're heading towards their true position in the league.

As for us, let's hope injuries don't affect things too much. A point would be more than we can expect and maybe wins against Newcastle and Hull.
Cardiff starting to falter on 17:23 - Nov 30 with 8694 viewsDyfnant

Any team needs to be concerned when they've less points than games played.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:33 - Nov 30 with 8647 viewsDr_Winston

Given the regular occurrence of Mackay teams faltering come the turn of the year, they'll need to start looking to win points than scrape them soon.

As for us, I'm hoping an injection of fresh blood in the window will do something to lift the general malaise surrounding performances so far. Relegation doesn't concern me, but we're looking nothing like a top half capable side at the moment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:36 - Nov 30 with 8633 viewsdeanscfc

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:33 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Given the regular occurrence of Mackay teams faltering come the turn of the year, they'll need to start looking to win points than scrape them soon.

As for us, I'm hoping an injection of fresh blood in the window will do something to lift the general malaise surrounding performances so far. Relegation doesn't concern me, but we're looking nothing like a top half capable side at the moment.

Europe has definitely affected us and we've already had more injuries this year than last year. I think our side and squad is generally better but it's always going to be tough with that many games. Another pacy winger in January would be good but we don't need to go overboard.

Hopefully Vasquez can step up while we have injuries.
Cardiff starting to falter on 17:38 - Nov 30 with 8621 viewsexiledclaseboy

This "Europe has affected us" cliche is really starting to grip my sh*t a bit. Our results after European games have been pretty good I think.

Please try and think of another, non-trite reason for the fact that we're not doing as well this season as we were last. Oh, hang on, we're doing pretty much as well this season as we were last. Silly me.

Poll: Tory leader

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:41 - Nov 30 with 8610 viewsDarran

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:38 - Nov 30 by exiledclaseboy

This "Europe has affected us" cliche is really starting to grip my sh*t a bit. Our results after European games have been pretty good I think.

Please try and think of another, non-trite reason for the fact that we're not doing as well this season as we were last. Oh, hang on, we're doing pretty much as well this season as we were last. Silly me.

The Premier League has affected us in Europe,we beat Fulham then lost to Valencia.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:48 - Nov 30 with 8567 viewslifelong

They've got 2 away games next against Stoke and Palace, both huge games for them.

Today their park the bus tactics seemed to be working for a while but Arsenal were simply too slick for them, even their dead ball situations failed to create anything.

In open play they probably created two half chances with a couple of timid attempts on goal.

It's just bloody annoying that we lost against them, they are not a very good side.
Cardiff starting to falter on 17:48 - Nov 30 with 8568 viewsPhil_S

Played 6
Won 2
Drawn 2
Lost 2
Points 8

Pretty much made no difference to our overall form

I'm sure there are those that wish we hadnt won the Capital One Cup so we didnt have to play all these pesky European teams
Cardiff starting to falter on 17:51 - Nov 30 with 8534 viewsdeanscfc

So you don't think losing key players like Bony is risky for our league form?

Michu was playing too many games and playing while injured because we needed him and a few others like Ash probably were playing too many games too as Laudrup said.

Anyone who questions whether it can affect league form in this way isn't thinking straight.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:52 - Nov 30 with 8524 viewsdeanscfc

Don't think anybody is saying Europe isn't fun but it definitely has an impact on the league.
Cardiff starting to falter on 17:58 - Nov 30 with 8490 views3swan

There’s no proof one way or another as nobody can guarantee what would have been etc.
One issue that could be a problem (and I only say could) is that having these extra games on a Thursday (especially the travel to away games) can affect how we prepare for the following weekend games.
Cardiff starting to falter on 17:59 - Nov 30 with 8481 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:51 - Nov 30 by deanscfc

So you don't think losing key players like Bony is risky for our league form?

Michu was playing too many games and playing while injured because we needed him and a few others like Ash probably were playing too many games too as Laudrup said.

Anyone who questions whether it can affect league form in this way isn't thinking straight.

Players get injured. Using the fact that Bony got injured in a European game as another reason for trotting out the cliche is mental.

Poll: Tory leader

Cardiff starting to falter on 18:01 - Nov 30 with 8468 viewsreddythered

Faltering because of playing Man Yoo and Arsenal?

Played well today, Arse keeper cracking save from Campbell, at 1-1 who knows? Had to chase the game late on, but not our worst performance.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff starting to falter on 18:06 - Nov 30 with 8445 viewsdeanscfc

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:59 - Nov 30 by exiledclaseboy

Players get injured. Using the fact that Bony got injured in a European game as another reason for trotting out the cliche is mental.

I just think it's common sense that more games = more injuries and therefore your squad is stretched further.

Europe is why Laudrup wanted two players for every position in the squad which we have but even then it's been difficult to manage when your key players are getting injured. If other players can step up we'll be ok...but let's be honest we could really do with a nice run in the PL to get dragged into anything nasty and when you're playing Man City without Bony, Michu, Rangel then it's not ideal.
Cardiff starting to falter on 18:09 - Nov 30 with 8425 viewslifelong

Cardiff starting to falter on 18:01 - Nov 30 by reddythered

Played well today, Arse keeper cracking save from Campbell, at 1-1 who knows? Had to chase the game late on, but not our worst performance.

I thought that you had a spell of about 15 minutes in the second half when you looked like you might pull one back, but to say you played well today.. just can't agree.
Cardiff starting to falter on 18:10 - Nov 30 with 8419 viewsdeanscfc

[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 18:11]
Cardiff starting to falter on 18:11 - Nov 30 with 8413 viewsdeanscfc

Cardiff starting to falter on 18:01 - Nov 30 by reddythered

-9 goal difference though...that suggests you're starting to struggle. if it weren't for the odd 1-0 result which could have gone either way (Fulham last minute and dare I say it, against us) then you'd be right down there.... Where as for us I think we've not had much luck with last minute decisions recently and maybe our league points should be looking a bit healthier than it is
Cardiff starting to falter on 19:25 - Nov 30 with 8225 viewsmonmouth

Add in the two points we clearly won against stoke and we're doing better than last season, despite the european 'curse'.

By the way, I was painting and listening to the radio this afternoon and the reporter at Wolves said 'it looked like a clear handball on the line and referee Madley didn't give it' C**t isn't even fit for league one. This really boils my piss.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff starting to falter on 19:34 - Nov 30 with 8182 viewsJackfath

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:48 - Nov 30 by lifelong

They've got 2 away games next against Stoke and Palace, both huge games for them.

Today their park the bus tactics seemed to be working for a while but Arsenal were simply too slick for them, even their dead ball situations failed to create anything.

In open play they probably created two half chances with a couple of timid attempts on goal.

It's just bloody annoying that we lost against them, they are not a very good side.

We have our revenge at home. I cannot see us playing as badly again.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cardiff starting to falter on 19:38 - Nov 30 with 8165 viewsDull1Thomas

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:48 - Nov 30 by lifelong

Can we paint double yellow lines in the penalty areas when we play them at home?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Cardiff starting to falter on 19:42 - Nov 30 with 8154 viewsNeathJack

It was interesting to see how Arsenal dealt with the vermin set pieces today. Every time the vermin had a free kick the Arsenal defence lined up very high up the pitch therefore not allowing the ball to be hoofed into the box which is where they get the vast majority of their goals/chances.

Hopefully other managers will have paid attention and will do the same.
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:02 - Nov 30 with 8082 viewsImAlrightJack

Cardiff City are like Christmas decorations..... they come down in the new year.
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:06 - Nov 30 with 8065 viewswelshman79

So Cardiff lost to Arsenal, top of the board and the in form team of the season and you think they are faltering, you sir are deluded, at least Cardiff didn't losr 4-1 to Man U
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:08 - Nov 30 with 8045 viewsImAlrightJack

Only lost 4-1 to the Manure because of two quickly conceded goals, which then affected us mentally from there.
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:10 - Nov 30 with 8034 viewswelshman79

Cardiff starting to falter on 20:08 - Nov 30 by ImAlrightJack

Only lost 4-1 to the Manure because of two quickly conceded goals, which then affected us mentally from there.

And Cardiff came from behind twice, no excuse
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:12 - Nov 30 with 8030 viewsDarran

Cardiff starting to falter on 20:06 - Nov 30 by welshman79

So Cardiff lost to Arsenal, top of the board and the in form team of the season and you think they are faltering, you sir are deluded, at least Cardiff didn't losr 4-1 to Man U

I think winning other games might matter too,dick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024