Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread 01:17 - Dec 4 with 19011 viewsjackharris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25115747

1950's North Bank v Newcastle

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:07 - Dec 4 with 2333 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:03 - Dec 4 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Brilliant stuff from the lads. We've lost all 3 strikers to injury, yet we go on to win 3-0 against one the form teams in the Premier League

Shelvey was superb again, as was Dyer when he came on. They all did superbly to get those 3 points, great spirit shown by all.

Hear, hear.
Brilliant performance especially the second half.
Spoilt only by the tv coverage. And yes, I am going on about it because it has seriously pi$$ed me off and I'm genuinely not normally that sensitive.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:13 - Dec 4 with 2255 viewsWantagejack

Shame, due to work, having to watch this one on TV (especially the appalling BT) as this was one of the best performances of the season. Great passing, plenty of attacks and goals well taken. Dyer's was a great strike and good to see, but Shelvey made the second and his third was as good as his winner at Fulham. All the commentators could do was claim he should have been sent off and talk about Newcastle and how they should have had two penalties - conveniently forgetting the times we have been robbed this year. And to cap it all, they said Swans fans would be off to Wind (to rhyme with binned) Street tonight... Come back, Sky, all is forgiven.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:13 - Dec 4 with 2252 viewscd24

Hi Everyone,

I am a third year undergraduate psychology student currently completing my dissertation. As part of this, I am investigating the perceptions of football fans from all teams in the Premier League for the current season (2013/14) after home games. If you have a spare ten minutes I would greatly appreciate it if you could fill out this quick questionnaire for me. All of the relevant information is included in the questionnaire. The study has received ethical approval from the Department of Psychology Ethics Committee at Northumbria University. Here is the link to my questionnaire https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FFP_HA_CD24 . If you require any further information please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck for the rest of your season and thanks in advance.

Curtis.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:13 - Dec 4 with 2241 viewsEdmundo

3points off the geordies again!

Hereth starts our season for proper and michu back soon, all good stuff

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:17 - Dec 4 with 2204 viewsEvanski

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:43 - Dec 4 by union_jack

I don't think I have heard a more inept, one sided commentary and pitch side in all my life.
Shelvey shouldn't have been on the field. Ok, there is a case but what about the studs up tackle earlier on which only received a yellow which wasn't even mentioned as a possible red by Mickey O an co.
Absolutely appalling.

Agreed. Ex-Newcy in the commentary box and pitchside and not an ex-Jack in sight. The entire after match ramble was focussed on the decisions that went against the northern monkeys and barely a word about how well we played. BT is shite fair dos.

Anyhoo, to more positive stuff... Considering the players missing tonight we were magnificent. Shelvey clear motm, Pozuelo excellent, very good performance from the back four, not that they were called into action that much. Really chuffed tonight. More of the same on Monday please.

Finally, we (myself included) rip into refs constantly, so it's worth mentioning that Webb had a very good game fair play. Not just because the 50/50 decisions went in our favour (I'd have been pissed about the Ben handball if the boot was on the other foot), but he allowed the game to flow, wasn't fussy with free kicks nor was he quick with the cards except when he needed to be. Showed why he's the PL's number 1 ref. Respect.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:17 - Dec 4 with 2200 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:13 - Dec 4 by Edmundo

Newcastle became the 4th team we have taken a total of 10 or more PL points off - useless fact number 271

We've taken 10 off Wigan, and 12 off both WBA and Fulham

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:24 - Dec 4 with 2112 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:13 - Dec 4 by cd24

Hi Everyone,

I am a third year undergraduate psychology student currently completing my dissertation. As part of this, I am investigating the perceptions of football fans from all teams in the Premier League for the current season (2013/14) after home games. If you have a spare ten minutes I would greatly appreciate it if you could fill out this quick questionnaire for me. All of the relevant information is included in the questionnaire. The study has received ethical approval from the Department of Psychology Ethics Committee at Northumbria University. Here is the link to my questionnaire https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FFP_HA_CD24 . If you require any further information please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck for the rest of your season and thanks in advance.

Curtis.

Dine. How could we answer it if it was a draw btw?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:25 - Dec 4 with 2103 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:13 - Dec 4 by Edmundo

eh?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:25 - Dec 4 with 2104 viewsC_jack

Shelvey was like a man possessed tonight, was great to see, hopefully the sign of good run of form from him and the team before the busy xmas schedule.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:29 - Dec 4 with 2058 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:17 - Dec 4 by SwansNZ

Newcastle became the 4th team we have taken a total of 10 or more PL points off - useless fact number 271

We've taken 10 off Wigan, and 12 off both WBA and Fulham

You are John "Motty" Motson and I claim my five pounds.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:30 - Dec 4 with 2039 viewsViking_Jack

What an excellent performance all around

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:30 - Dec 4 with 2038 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:29 - Dec 4 by WarwickHunt

You are John "Motty" Motson and I claim my five pounds.

Sorry, I have no pounds. Will you take $10?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:33 - Dec 4 with 2014 viewsBLAZE

Watched the game at the local surrounded by Geordies. Could barely hear the commentary but even I noticed how one sided they were.... Great game, great result. Chuffed for Shelvey, Dwight and Canas. All have had their critics but all put in great performances. Felt like we got our spark back watching that, more of the same please
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:33 - Dec 4 with 2005 viewsslate_dk

Bugger.... got stuck at Work and arrived home when the game had just finished...

I seem to remember someone posting links to complete video of matches?! anyone?
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:38 - Dec 4 with 1959 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:33 - Dec 4 by BLAZE

Watched the game at the local surrounded by Geordies. Could barely hear the commentary but even I noticed how one sided they were.... Great game, great result. Chuffed for Shelvey, Dwight and Canas. All have had their critics but all put in great performances. Felt like we got our spark back watching that, more of the same please

Amen brother.

Canas was superb tonight and, along with JDG, allowed Shelvey to play a more attacking role. Great balance in the midfield tonight.

Nathan was excellent and Dwight is back on the shining path.

Luvs it.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:43 - Dec 4 with 1917 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:38 - Dec 4 by WarwickHunt

Amen brother.

Canas was superb tonight and, along with JDG, allowed Shelvey to play a more attacking role. Great balance in the midfield tonight.

Nathan was excellent and Dwight is back on the shining path.

Luvs it.

Yup. That midfield setup was pretty much bang on.

Be tempted to swap Dyer for Poz next Monday (assuming Wilf is back), but wouldn't be averse to leaving it as it was.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:53 - Dec 4 with 1854 views2face

Did anybody see the "penalty" the commentators kept talking about? To me it looked like a dive.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 23:02 - Dec 4 with 1800 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:44 - Dec 4 by Neath_Jack

Dav couldnt be reached for comment.

Perhaps you might have read the thread on this game, and on the previous game.

In both, I commented on Shelvey several times, pointing out, among other things, the change in his assignment changing his game, the departure from his long balls to the opposition, and his playing more and more the Swansea way.

I'm nothing if not objective, and my objectivity told me when he was playing poorly, and when he played well.

No-one sees clearly through bias-coloured glasses, as you appear happy to do. But that's O.K., too.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 23:04 - Dec 4 with 1784 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:30 - Dec 4 by Viking_Jack

What an excellent performance all around

It was indeed and long may it continue.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 23:05 - Dec 4 with 1773 viewsborinifanclub

I only have one moan tonight......
I predicted 2-0 and the lads scored 3 !
Well done boys thoroughly deserved let's get another 3 against Hull

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 23:07 - Dec 4 with 1751 viewsViking_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 23:04 - Dec 4 by max936

It was indeed and long may it continue.

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 02:12 - Dec 5 with 1436 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:53 - Dec 4 by 2face

Did anybody see the "penalty" the commentators kept talking about? To me it looked like a dive.

Ref gave the same for a foul in the box on deGuzman, much the same except deGuzman was fouled and the stripe dived.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 07:05 - Dec 5 with 1324 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 21:47 - Dec 4 by blaine_scfc

Not one bad performance. Special mentions to canas and tiendalli who have had stick, but thought they were both quality today. We needed that, massive result.

It was strange. From the kick off, Tidendalli was a different player than we've seen this season so far. I can't recall any mistakes last night and he was looking to go forward whenever he had a chance. Great game.
The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:55 - Dec 5 with 1132 viewscd24

The Official Swansea City v Newcastle United Matchday/Night Thread on 22:24 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Dine. How could we answer it if it was a draw btw?

I've tried to post to forums where the home team has either won or lost as I am seeing if there is a difference between the fans' perception after seeing their team either win or lose so any drawn games are not being taken into consideration.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024