Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fifteen quid !!!!! 16:30 - Jan 7 with 7723 viewsSwanjaxs

Tickets for the Napoli home leg for season ticket holders, 30 for the rest

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:18 - Jan 7 with 1398 views3swan

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:16 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I think there's a possibly psychological difference between £15 and £20 which means that £15 would encourage more sales. I'd more or less said to myself about this one that anything in excess of £20 and I wasn't going on a point of principle.

So you would at £20?

I rest my case.
fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:18 - Jan 7 with 1395 viewsexiledclaseboy

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:18 - Jan 7 by 3swan

So you would at £20?

I rest my case.

It was a line in the sand mun.

Poll: Tory leader

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:20 - Jan 7 with 1394 views3swan

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:18 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

It was a line in the sand mun.

The line was in excess

Pedantic be (me)

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1392 viewsDull1Thomas

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:16 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I think there's a possibly psychological difference between £15 and £20 which means that £15 would encourage more sales. I'd more or less said to myself about this one that anything in excess of £20 and I wasn't going on a point of principle.

TBH I'd be expecting a written sick not from ST holders if they think £15 is too much to support the Swans.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:24 - Jan 7 with 1386 viewsexiledclaseboy

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:22 - Jan 7 by Dull1Thomas

TBH I'd be expecting a written sick not from ST holders if they think £15 is too much to support the Swans.

For me there was a principle at stake after the shambles of the group stage pricing structure. I hoped for £15 but didn't really expect it.

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:36 - Jan 7 with 1360 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

My issue is that they're fleecing non-ST holders to cover the discount.

Would it really have been beyond the board - after the rather shambolic ticketing for the european campaign to date - to just give ALL Swans fans a discount for this game, as a mark of contrition or a token gesture of thanks, however you want to view it? By all means pander to the fevered egos of ST holders and give them the biggest discount, but don't make everyone else pay double.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:40 - Jan 7 with 1345 viewsexiledclaseboy

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:36 - Jan 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Would it really have been beyond the board - after the rather shambolic ticketing for the european campaign to date - to just give ALL Swans fans a discount for this game, as a mark of contrition or a token gesture of thanks, however you want to view it? By all means pander to the fevered egos of ST holders and give them the biggest discount, but don't make everyone else pay double.

Can't argue with that really. Wouldn't have hurt to discount tickets across the board especially as there are undoubtedly (as has already been pointed out) non-ST holders who would have paid full price for the group stage and preliminary round games.

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:41 - Jan 7 with 1345 views3swan

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:36 - Jan 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

It's the clubs decision that should be questioned and not a dig (egos) at ST's

The whole ticketing structure should be about fairness, and not what seems like reactive and not proactive decisions
Login to get fewer ads

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:43 - Jan 7 with 1330 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:41 - Jan 7 by 3swan

It's the clubs decision that should be questioned and not a dig (egos) at ST's

The whole ticketing structure should be about fairness, and not what seems like reactive and not proactive decisions

I know, I just couldn't resist to burst some of the 'I'm alright Jack' smugness I can feel oozing from some quarters.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:46 - Jan 7 with 1318 viewsDull1Thomas

If non ST holders don't turn up Napoli could have a larger following!

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:49 - Jan 7 with 1305 views3swan

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:43 - Jan 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I know, I just couldn't resist to burst some of the 'I'm alright Jack' smugness I can feel oozing from some quarters.

I didn't doubt for a minute, but let's keep the focus on what imo is a partly thought through decision.
The club is alienating a section of the fans that the they would be looking at for stadium expansion
fifteen quid !!!!! on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 1258 viewslatchford

Personally I think 15 is too cheap
fifteen quid !!!!! on 20:44 - Jan 7 with 1242 viewsjack_lord

If the club are towing that line they should have just gone down the road of charging 20 quid for all. They would have made everyone happy and still been approximately 50 grand better off.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

fifteen quid !!!!! on 20:57 - Jan 7 with 1218 viewsSwanjaxs

With reference to season ticket holders saying that £15 isn't enough, is that not akin to turkeys voting for Christmas

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

fifteen quid !!!!! on 21:11 - Jan 7 with 1191 viewslatchford

fifteen quid !!!!! on 20:57 - Jan 7 by Swanjaxs

With reference to season ticket holders saying that £15 isn't enough, is that not akin to turkeys voting for Christmas

Just my opinion. To see European football against arguably one of the best teams in Europe? You pay fifty to go see a gig so in comparison it's too cheap.
fifteen quid !!!!! on 21:17 - Jan 7 with 1161 viewspencoedjack

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:02 - Jan 7 by Dull1Thomas

It was with great annoyance that I read the ticketing arrangements for the up and coming Europa Cup home fixture with Napoli.
The arrangement makes no concession for fans who have supported the Swans throughout this campaign but who are not Season Ticket holders.
There are many non-season ticket holders, like myself, who purchased a group ticket for home games in the league section, attended home and away games versus Malmo, Petrolul, St. Gallen and Valencia who may now fail to get tickets for the match with Napoli; and if tickets are available we will have to pay double that of season ticket holders irrespective of their support for Swansea City in the Europa Cup.
The argument that season ticket buyers put money into the club before the start of the season and therefore should be further rewarded is phony; season ticket holders already gain through less cost for seats for all home games and first choice of tickets in all other competitions - that should be enough.
The mild annoyance I felt when watching the game against Valencia knowing I had paid fully and in advance when so many ‘non-supporters’ had been gifted free tickets, to a degree, spoiled my enjoyment of the game. Should I get a ticket for the Napoli game I’m not sure I will be able to enjoy the experience, and am seriously considering cancelling my trip to Italy in February as a direct result of yet another ticketing debacle.
I would have thought the massive misjudgment to give free tickets to employees of the DVLA in December would have concentrated minds over this issue.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 20:04]

Agree totally, tickets should be reduced for those who purchased the 3 game package for the previous game not for ST holders who couldn't be arsed to support in previous rounds.

And I am a ST holder.
fifteen quid !!!!! on 21:46 - Jan 7 with 1118 viewsApeShit

fifteen quid !!!!! on 21:17 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

Agree totally, tickets should be reduced for those who purchased the 3 game package for the previous game not for ST holders who couldn't be arsed to support in previous rounds.

And I am a ST holder.

I'll just be getting my free ticket from the DVLA again.
fifteen quid !!!!! on 21:59 - Jan 7 with 1097 viewsSwanjaxs

All jokes aside the ticketing fiasco for the Europa league games has been nothing but a comedy of errors, don't be surprised when the online booking facility crashes on Thursday! !
Chief executive to be appointed sometime soon anybody? ?

fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:02 - Jan 7 with 1086 viewswestside

wonder how many uk based italian napoli fans will try to buy tickets in the home ends.

when they played chelsea in the champions league thousands turned up in west london without tickets
fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:17 - Jan 7 with 1064 viewsDull1Thomas

fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:02 - Jan 7 by westside

wonder how many uk based italian napoli fans will try to buy tickets in the home ends.

when they played chelsea in the champions league thousands turned up in west london without tickets

can you get a sea on ticket at short notice?

fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:28 - Jan 7 with 1042 viewsAndy1300

fifteen quid !!!!! on 18:50 - Jan 7 by Johnw102

Being an old bu**er only costing me £7.50, I think that is far too cheap to be honest, I have been to all the other Europa games and the season ticket holders around me have been conspicuous by their absence. Think the discount should only go to ST holders who have been to the earlier rounds.

I agree, plenty of regulars from around my seat were missing in the early rounds yet they are getting cheap tickets

Number 1 team in Wales

fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:36 - Jan 7 with 1025 viewsAndy1300

fifteen quid !!!!! on 21:17 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

And I am a ST holder.

Agree with this also and I am a ST holder too

Number 1 team in Wales

fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:57 - Jan 7 with 1000 viewsPegojack

fifteen quid !!!!! on 19:40 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

Can't argue with that really. Wouldn't have hurt to discount tickets across the board especially as there are undoubtedly (as has already been pointed out) non-ST holders who would have paid full price for the group stage and preliminary round games.

I agree 100%. I suppose the £30 price is so we can charge the away support a similar price without being accused of ripping them off, but I think the interests of non season ticket holders who have turned out loyally in previous rounds should have taken precedence. It should have been £15, or £20 at the most, for them too. I doubt if the club is going to earn more than about 4,000 x £15 = £60k extra, peanuts in relative terms, and very damaging AGAIN from a PR standpoint. For a so-called community club, we seem to have repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot on this European game pricing issue.
fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:59 - Jan 7 with 999 viewsSA1_Jack

Having bought the 3 game package I was one of those hoping for some discount for this game on the basis of the cock ups that took place overall. I think it would have been better if the pricing had been like this:

£15 - Those who bought 3 game package,
£20 - Season ticket holders who didn't buy the package,
£25 - Anyone else.

The majority of people seem happy with how it is (as for many fans it's only £15 which is very good to be fair), though there must be a good few people feeling a bit hard done by now. I' m a season ticket holder myself so will get it for £15, but I agree with what's been said in this thread.
fifteen quid !!!!! on 07:58 - Jan 8 with 917 viewspencoedjack

fifteen quid !!!!! on 22:59 - Jan 7 by SA1_Jack

Having bought the 3 game package I was one of those hoping for some discount for this game on the basis of the cock ups that took place overall. I think it would have been better if the pricing had been like this:

£15 - Those who bought 3 game package,
£20 - Season ticket holders who didn't buy the package,
£25 - Anyone else.

The majority of people seem happy with how it is (as for many fans it's only £15 which is very good to be fair), though there must be a good few people feeling a bit hard done by now. I' m a season ticket holder myself so will get it for £15, but I agree with what's been said in this thread.

Agree seems a few pricing structure
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024