Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane 17:59 - Feb 19 with 2312 viewsdurham_exile

KK's charges edged closer to ending their shocking run of league defeats against the Spireites on Tuesday, but will finally achieve it away at the Shakers this weekend.

It was the reverse fixture at the WHCS when the wheels started to fall off for the U's with a narrow defeat at a time when both teams were enjoying a rich vein of form.

Saturday will see the U's secure three priceless points as they look to achieve the greatest escape in their history. 15 games to play and 28 points required - the permutations are becoming more difficult, but 9 victories, 1 draw and up to 5 defeats will see the U's secure 51 points. That's the easy part, but a win tomorrow will Shake up the league and put the wind up the opposition.

As with any scenario all we need is that first victory to gather momentum. Now no loan have been made and it is looking increasingly difficult to make any. I suspect that players are not lining up to sign for a struggling team and KK is not being helped by injuries that are mounting with Briggs, Wynter, Szmodics and Sordell out and bad boy Gilbey sitting out the third match of his suspension induced time on the sidelines.

Owen Garvan has taken the Captain's armband from Chris Porter and that is a sensible appointment. He has experience and I often think that Midfield is the ideal spot from which to command the team.

KK has also brought young striker Femi Akinwande into the first team squad along with Louis Dunne. I would pitch Akinwande straight into the starting line up and play him with Bonne and Lee in a three man strike force.

A draw is no use and neither is another defeat, we must go on the attack from the outset and give everything for 15 games starting at Bury.

KK may opt for:

Parish

Brindley Eastman Elokobi Vincent-Young

Garvan Moncur Edwards

Bonne Akinwande Lee

Subs:

Kent Olufemi Ambrose Barnes Massey Wright Porter

The weather in Durham continues to be indifferent with snow showers, rain, wind and the occasional spell of sunshine. Greater Manchester will not be much better and it will be the team that wants it more tomorrow that will prevail.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful, enjoy the game and the result!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 18:31 - Feb 19 with 1417 viewsburnsieespana

Durham don't think Elokobi is in the squad for whatever reason!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 18:32]
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 18:58 - Feb 19 with 1406 viewsbwildered

Will equal a club record of 18 winless league games, if they fail to record a victory tomorrow.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 20:53 - Feb 19 with 1384 viewsLeadbelly

Lee is struggling with an injury picked up against Chesterfield. Femi may well see some action.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:06 - Feb 20 with 1311 viewsdurham_exile

Chris Porter opens the scoring for the super U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:18 - Feb 20 with 1309 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:06 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Chris Porter opens the scoring for the super U's

Gavin Massey 2-0

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:21 - Feb 20 with 1308 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:18 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Gavin Massey 2-0

How shite must you be we're winning away sing the faithful.

The fight back starts here, up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:26 - Feb 20 with 1300 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:21 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Uh!
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 1296 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:21 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Absolutely shocking Eastman sent off and Bury have scored - not good enough

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:37 - Feb 20 with 1292 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:34 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Uh Oh!
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:55 - Feb 20 with 1281 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:34 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Season defining 45 mins to come

Come on you can do this

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:05 - Feb 20 with 1278 viewsBarsidepete

Present and accounted for, by the way.

While I mainly use Safari, my U's player has better audio (even volume) on Firefox.

I predicted 1-2 but didn't think the U's would have to hang on for 45 minutes now, second half.

Up the U's.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:11 - Feb 20 with 1273 viewsBarsidepete

That sucks.

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:13 - Feb 20 with 1272 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 15:55 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Season defining 45 mins to come

Come on you can do this

Up the U's

FFS

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:14 - Feb 20 with 1269 viewsgerry_us

Mmmmm!
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:14 - Feb 20 with 1269 viewsBarsidepete

Squandered a 2-nil.

Well, that's why League 2 next season. This is disgusting.

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:15 - Feb 20 with 1268 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:13 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

FFS

Sick and tired of smug Jeff Stelling

A miracle required now and if we lose then I will concede that relegation is a reality.

I am so angry now

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:18 - Feb 20 with 1263 viewsBarsidepete

4-2.

That GD is going to be quite impressive at the end.

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:21 - Feb 20 with 1255 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:15 - Feb 20 by durham_exile

Sick and tired of smug Jeff Stelling

A miracle required now and if we lose then I will concede that relegation is a reality.

I am so angry now

Up the U's

No more from me today too angry

77 goals conceded and against some dreadful teams

Bring Akinwande on he can inject some pace

Durham_exile

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:22 - Feb 20 with 1253 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:18 - Feb 20 by Barsidepete

4-2.

That GD is going to be quite impressive at the end.

I'm not sure "impressive" is the word you are looking for; depressing maybe?
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:24 - Feb 20 with 1246 viewsBarsidepete

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:22 - Feb 20 by gerry_us

I'm not sure "impressive" is the word you are looking for; depressing maybe?

5-2.

Yar. Impressive is what I meant. Eye-watering.

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:26 - Feb 20 with 1230 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:24 - Feb 20 by Barsidepete

5-2.

Yar. Impressive is what I meant. Eye-watering.

Anyone got 6-5 to the U's in the prediction league?
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:33 - Feb 20 with 1221 viewsBarsidepete

May as well park two skips in front of goal.

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:38 - Feb 20 with 1212 viewsBarsidepete

I've got Reading (2-1) v West Brom on the teley, simultaneously, sound down. That one looks entertaining.

We get AFC Bournemouth v Everton at noon, stateside.

I don't usually drink voddy this early on a Saturday. But I'll make an exception.

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:52 - Feb 20 with 1185 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:38 - Feb 20 by Barsidepete

I've got Reading (2-1) v West Brom on the teley, simultaneously, sound down. That one looks entertaining.

We get AFC Bournemouth v Everton at noon, stateside.

I don't usually drink voddy this early on a Saturday. But I'll make an exception.

We may not get to Accrington next season Durham!
Super U's to finally end league results hoodoo at Gigg Lane on 16:58 - Feb 20 with 1176 viewsLeadbelly

Just the 9 wins required from 14 games then. We could be relegated by the end of March.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024