Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! 18:04 - Aug 30 with 758 viewsdurham_exile

After an impressive start to the season and another deserved win at the weekend JM can make some changes for the visit to the Checkatrade Stadium this evening.

The Checkatrade Trophy gives the U's the opportunity to rest some key players with the game against the Grecians on saturday uppermost in JM's mind.

The rules of the competition mean that at least 5 players who played on saturday must play this evening.

With Craig Slater and James Bransgrove away on International Duty, JM could play the following against Crawley.

Barnes

Brindley Wynter Prosser Kinsella

Lapslie Garvan Szmodics Dickenson

Guthrie

Johnstone

Subs:

Walker Vincent-Young Eastman Loft Wright Sembie-Ferris Bonne

Safe journey for the travelling faithful,

Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 20:26 - Aug 30 with 733 viewswessex_exile

Don't think Crawley are following the script Durham - 1-0 to Crawley.

We were only the second team to go out of the FA Cup on penalties at Exeter (I went to both 0-0s), and the first team to go out of the FA Cup without conceding a goal in open play. Can we also be one of the first teams to win a JPT (or whatever) match on penalties?

We'll need a goal if so.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 20:47 - Aug 30 with 725 viewsdurham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 20:26 - Aug 30 by wessex_exile

Don't think Crawley are following the script Durham - 1-0 to Crawley.

We were only the second team to go out of the FA Cup on penalties at Exeter (I went to both 0-0s), and the first team to go out of the FA Cup without conceding a goal in open play. Can we also be one of the first teams to win a JPT (or whatever) match on penalties?

We'll need a goal if so.

Wessex - HT 1-0 down.
Perhaps too many changes.
Definitely need a goal maybe two!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:00 - Aug 30 with 719 viewswessex_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 20:47 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

Wessex - HT 1-0 down.
Perhaps too many changes.
Definitely need a goal maybe two!!

Up the U's

Yes and no Durham - can't argue with McGreal resting players for tonight tbh - September is far more important than tonight.

Crawley 'keeper fingertip save on to the bar to deny Johnstone.

Up the U's

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:16 - Aug 30 with 716 viewsdurham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:00 - Aug 30 by wessex_exile

Yes and no Durham - can't argue with McGreal resting players for tonight tbh - September is far more important than tonight.

Crawley 'keeper fingertip save on to the bar to deny Johnstone.

18 minutes to go still 1-0 but Dickenson on, can he revive our fortunes tonight?

Dexter Peter and the younger Wright brother playing second half.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:30 - Aug 30 with 702 viewsdurham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:16 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

18 minutes to go still 1-0 but Dickenson on, can he revive our fortunes tonight?

Up the U's

3 mins to play

Attendance 881

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:33 - Aug 30 with 702 viewswessex_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:16 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Incidentally, when was the last time we had brothers playing for the U's? Do we have to go all the way back to Neil and David Gregory?

Up the U's

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:39 - Aug 30 with 692 viewsdurham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:33 - Aug 30 by wessex_exile

Incidentally, when was the last time we had brothers playing for the U's? Do we have to go all the way back to Neil and David Gregory?

The English brothers I think Wessex

Oh well another cup defeat!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:55 - Aug 30 with 681 viewsgerry_us

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:39 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Isn't this a pool thingy?
If so, it's still all to play for innit?
Login to get fewer ads

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 22:03 - Aug 30 with 675 viewsFruitbat

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:55 - Aug 30 by gerry_us

Isn't this a pool thingy?
If so, it's still all to play for innit?

It is, but we're doing our best to get knocked out and sit bottom of the group after one game. Apparently there are three points for a win and one for a draw. However, if you draw you then go to penalties and whoever wins that gets another point: Charlton beat Southampton U23 on pens thought so - Crawley 3, Charlton 2, Junior Saints 1, Us 0. They must have put something in the water at the FL to come up with this stuff.
U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 22:08 - Aug 30 with 672 viewswessex_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 21:39 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

I wondered about them, just wasn't sure which pair played last for us? I bow to your greater knowledge sir!

Up the U's

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 22:49 - Aug 30 with 659 viewsLeadbelly

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 22:03 - Aug 30 by Fruitbat

It is, but we're doing our best to get knocked out and sit bottom of the group after one game. Apparently there are three points for a win and one for a draw. However, if you draw you then go to penalties and whoever wins that gets another point: Charlton beat Southampton U23 on pens thought so - Crawley 3, Charlton 2, Junior Saints 1, Us 0. They must have put something in the water at the FL to come up with this stuff.

An amusingly small crowd of 881 at Crawley tonight. Clearly fans are boycotting the tournament, as many predicted.

Why would any sponsor want their name associated with such a huge, steaming turd of a competition? Is there really no such thing as bad publicity?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 10:21 - Aug 31 with 627 viewsColukev

SO happy with the small crowd last night. What a joke of a competition. I have to admit, I was unaware of some rule changes. Stopped caring once the U23 sides entered. To my amusement last night I realise that in case of a draw, there will be a penalty shootout for an extra point!

This isn't how football works, and they have gone a long way to turn an already lacklustre cup, into a farce.

We have much bigger fish to fry this season, seemingly echoed by JM who made all available changes.

Would have liked nothing more than the normal first game knockout, where as now we get to play more games nobody cares about and which the squad could definitely do without.

Id love to see the 70k+ empty seats at Wembley in an West Ham U'23 vs Southampton U'23 final!

What ever next................ a goal on each side of pitch, or 2 balls in play for next years edition of calamity cup. You heard it here first.

Roll on Saturday for a real game of football. Piece of cake this league 2 is....
U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 16:58 - Aug 31 with 596 viewsbwildered

Would have thought the Gregory brothers were the last to play for the club at the end of the 90 's. The English brothers were more start of that decade .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 17:04 - Aug 31 with 594 viewsFruitbat

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 16:58 - Aug 31 by bwildered

Would have thought the Gregory brothers were the last to play for the club at the end of the 90 's. The English brothers were more start of that decade .

Last to play together in the same side: KK and Lloyd Opara. Last to play for the club, although not I think at the same time: Paul and Marc Tierney.
U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 19:13 - Aug 31 with 578 viewswessex_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 22:49 - Aug 30 by Leadbelly

An amusingly small crowd of 881 at Crawley tonight. Clearly fans are boycotting the tournament, as many predicted.

Why would any sponsor want their name associated with such a huge, steaming turd of a competition? Is there really no such thing as bad publicity?

I suppose Checkatrade have the consolation of everyone knowing they're not personally responsible for the tinkering/ U23s debacle, and have at least put their hands in their pocket to support English football - the price to pay being that the fubar competition now has their name written all over it...

Up the U's

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 22:58 - Aug 31 with 559 viewsLeadbelly

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 19:13 - Aug 31 by wessex_exile

I suppose Checkatrade have the consolation of everyone knowing they're not personally responsible for the tinkering/ U23s debacle, and have at least put their hands in their pocket to support English football - the price to pay being that the fubar competition now has their name written all over it...

I do have some sympathy with the sponsor. I'm sure they didn't want the majority of media interest in the competition to focus on the negative response of fans. Perhaps they will tell the rebranded Football League that they don't want the same format next year...who wants to sponsor something that most people don't want?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 23:52 - Aug 31 with 548 viewswessex_exile

U's to secure first Football League Trophy win since November 2008! on 22:58 - Aug 31 by Leadbelly

I do have some sympathy with the sponsor. I'm sure they didn't want the majority of media interest in the competition to focus on the negative response of fans. Perhaps they will tell the rebranded Football League that they don't want the same format next year...who wants to sponsor something that most people don't want?

Who knows - if they earn enough from the benefits of a full Wembley stadium next year, maybe not...but if they don't, perhaps they will, or just foxtrot oscar?

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024