Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams signs for Hibernian 16:49 - Jul 10 with 782 viewsnoah4x4

Thought he wanted Championship football? Will no doubt enjoy making a few saves from Scott Vernon.

Hibernian home crowds are no bigger than typical English Division One (but admittedly just a little bigger than WHCS - who isnt?). Perhaps panic - when he didn't get the Championship offer that really he wanted? Lord sakes, even JW was suggesting that he should go to Ipswich!

Suggests to me that JW is right - wait until the real (striker) bargains appear when the greedy realise that they are not wanted in higher leagues or at high salaries.

Maybe Williams wanted to get back to Carlisle vicinity? Hope he likes the rain, snow and deep fried Mars bars
Williams signs for Hibernian on 17:33 - Jul 10 with 769 viewsdurham_exile

Definitely a backward step for Ben Williams, Scottish Premier league is equivalent to English league two standard!

He will regret this move and it will not progress his career.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Williams signs for Hibernian on 18:26 - Jul 10 with 762 viewsbwildered

Beggers can't be choosers .
Well if thats what your agent could only muster .....Best of luck in blow football land .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Williams signs for Hibernian on 08:55 - Jul 11 with 729 viewspancab77

Williams signs for Hibernian on 18:26 - Jul 10 by bwildered

Beggers can't be choosers .
Well if thats what your agent could only muster .....Best of luck in blow football land .

Would assume he is getting paid more than we could offer plus a generous signing on fee.The excuse they always give is'well its a short career'.Same could be said for any of us though.

eyeing a league and cup double

Williams signs for Hibernian on 12:27 - Jul 11 with 716 viewsBarsidepete

Williams signs for Hibernian on 08:55 - Jul 11 by pancab77

Would assume he is getting paid more than we could offer plus a generous signing on fee.The excuse they always give is'well its a short career'.Same could be said for any of us though.

How could this not be a step up? Nice little derby with Hearts, to say nothing of opportunities to play Celtic and Rangers and even a small outside chance to play in Europe.

I'm not going to defend the overall quality of play in the SPL but to compare it to League 1 is ludicrous.

Williams will actually be able to Market himself under this circumstance. Much as I love Colchester, that opportunity just doesn't readily present itself here at the moment.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Williams signs for Hibernian on 13:14 - Jul 11 with 706 viewsLeadbelly

Regardless of teh quality of SPL football it must be a good deal for Williams in financial terms, so who can blame him?

Regarding another Williams...I see Geraint Williams has been appointed Wales U21 manager. Good luck to him.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Williams signs for Hibernian on 23:17 - Jul 11 with 687 viewsdurham_exile

Williams signs for Hibernian on 12:27 - Jul 11 by Barsidepete

How could this not be a step up? Nice little derby with Hearts, to say nothing of opportunities to play Celtic and Rangers and even a small outside chance to play in Europe.

I'm not going to defend the overall quality of play in the SPL but to compare it to League 1 is ludicrous.

Williams will actually be able to Market himself under this circumstance. Much as I love Colchester, that opportunity just doesn't readily present itself here at the moment.

I stand by everything I posted concerning the "quality" of Scottish football and that includes comparing it to League 2 standard not league 1.

Ben Williams now plays for Hibs enough said.

A retrograde step.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Williams signs for Hibernian on 00:03 - Jul 12 with 680 viewsBarsidepete

Williams signs for Hibernian on 23:17 - Jul 11 by durham_exile

I stand by everything I posted concerning the "quality" of Scottish football and that includes comparing it to League 2 standard not league 1.

Ben Williams now plays for Hibs enough said.

A retrograde step.

Up the U's

Hibs have a storied history and Williams could have done a lot worse.

Williams signs for Hibernian on 01:06 - Jul 12 with 673 viewsBarsidepete

btw, Noah, I see that you posted your thoughts on The U'sual before in the Gazette to go with their story..

Noah4x4 says...
4:51pm Tue 10 Jul 12

What happened to his desire for Championship football?

Hibs have home crowds no greater than typical English Division One.

Did he panic when an offer didn't come? How many others are like this - think John Ward is playing a cunning game - waiting for the bargains (striker?) arising when the greedy realise that they are not getting the offers they seek

Login to get fewer ads

Williams signs for Hibernian on 07:08 - Jul 12 with 666 viewsnoah4x4

Williams signs for Hibernian on 01:06 - Jul 12 by Barsidepete

btw, Noah, I see that you posted your thoughts on The U'sual before in the Gazette to go with their story..

Noah4x4 says...
4:51pm Tue 10 Jul 12

What happened to his desire for Championship football?

Hibs have home crowds no greater than typical English Division One.

Did he panic when an offer didn't come? How many others are like this - think John Ward is playing a cunning game - waiting for the bargains (striker?) arising when the greedy realise that they are not getting the offers they seek

Pete....slowly expanding my U's journalist franchise...

....next stop NYT, Le Figaro and Pravda.

Typical Gazette readers comments annoy me. So unbelievably negative and pointless. Unlike here, where even the most negative comment is generally made in a constructive and sincere manner.

It's time for real fans to contribute to the debate....and although I am no fan of John Ward's (2011-12) tactics, I do think his approach to this particular transfer window is correct.
Williams signs for Hibernian on 10:37 - Jul 12 with 654 viewsBluenWightExile

Williams signs for Hibernian on 07:08 - Jul 12 by noah4x4

Pete....slowly expanding my U's journalist franchise...

....next stop NYT, Le Figaro and Pravda.

Typical Gazette readers comments annoy me. So unbelievably negative and pointless. Unlike here, where even the most negative comment is generally made in a constructive and sincere manner.

It's time for real fans to contribute to the debate....and although I am no fan of John Ward's (2011-12) tactics, I do think his approach to this particular transfer window is correct.

Yes Noa - so do I.

He is an experienced manager and so he must have more contacts and 'irons in the fire' than we know of.

I also am unsure of Colchester's scouting depths and how far we extend those.
I remember regularly sitting at Tiverton Town in the late 90s and there next to me at least once a month was "George" - everyone seemed to know him - chief scout for Hartlepool!! In Devon! On one occasion he was watching a 16 year old [Constable of Oxford as it happens]. And this got me thinking laterally about whether we do look closely into non league?

We tried to sign that tall lad who went to Swinedon a year or so ago didn't we.

But I believe you are right and JW may well have at least one rabbit to pull from the hat yet.

Up the U's

Pinault-noir

Williams signs for Hibernian on 16:22 - Jul 14 with 619 viewsburnsieespana

Williams signs for Hibernian on 10:37 - Jul 12 by BluenWightExile

Yes Noa - so do I.

He is an experienced manager and so he must have more contacts and 'irons in the fire' than we know of.

I also am unsure of Colchester's scouting depths and how far we extend those.
I remember regularly sitting at Tiverton Town in the late 90s and there next to me at least once a month was "George" - everyone seemed to know him - chief scout for Hartlepool!! In Devon! On one occasion he was watching a 16 year old [Constable of Oxford as it happens]. And this got me thinking laterally about whether we do look closely into non league?

We tried to sign that tall lad who went to Swinedon a year or so ago didn't we.

But I believe you are right and JW may well have at least one rabbit to pull from the hat yet.

Up the U's

It came out today with Magnus signing a 3 year deal!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024