Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt 16:42 - May 30 with 844 viewsBarsidepete

Well, QuickQuid isn't going over well with Bolton fans.

1. FC Nurnberg's Mister Lady sponsor, that was a little over the top for my tastes (as I was a fan back in the 70s when my family lived there, but actually I only attended games of the local minnows, Spvgg Furth

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 16:52 - May 30 with 837 viewsLeadbelly

Any firm that telephones me regarding PPI. Despite what they keep telling me I can't recover funds that I've never paid out in the first place...now F**K OFF.

There is great potential in professions/businesses you wouldn't want on your shirt...undertakers, VD clinics, slaughterhouses etc etc.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 21:02 - May 30 with 823 viewswessex_exile

I confess this is courtesy of Google, but AC Milan's shirt sponsor used to be "Pooh". Not exactly mainstream, but for anyone who knew the venue "The Hippodrome" was pretty embarrassing - but wasn't there some story about it being a raffled sponsorship that year, and we came perilously close to being sponsored by a chinese takeaway (Mr Wangs?)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 03:19 - May 31 with 796 viewsghughes11

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 21:02 - May 30 by wessex_exile

I confess this is courtesy of Google, but AC Milan's shirt sponsor used to be "Pooh". Not exactly mainstream, but for anyone who knew the venue "The Hippodrome" was pretty embarrassing - but wasn't there some story about it being a raffled sponsorship that year, and we came perilously close to being sponsored by a chinese takeaway (Mr Wangs?)

How about Easy Skip?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 06:49 - May 31 with 791 viewsdurham_exile

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 03:19 - May 31 by ghughes11

How about Easy Skip?

Tranmere Rovers wouldn't want Wirral Rubbish - even though they are!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 20:13 - Jun 2 with 747 viewsBarsidepete

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 06:49 - May 31 by durham_exile

Tranmere Rovers wouldn't want Wirral Rubbish - even though they are!

Up the U's

I'll add another from this side of the hemisphere, Club America (Mexico City) .. Bimbo (a bakery that supposedly introduced Mexico to sliced bread) ..

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 18:08 - Jun 3 with 728 viewsDaniel

Tesco - our shirts would just look like carrier bags then!
Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 10:07 - Jun 6 with 700 viewsLeadbelly

I see Bolton Wanderers have had a change of heart and dropped Quick Quid as their sponsors. Should have been obvious such a deal would be very unpopular with fans but well done for admitting the mistake and acting.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 17:56 - Jun 6 with 689 viewsbwildered

club statement reads, underestimated the adverse reaction, priceless , well it would be at APR 30% !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 18:46 - Jun 6 with 684 viewsBarsidepete

Sponsors you just wouldn't want on your shirt on 17:56 - Jun 6 by bwildered

club statement reads, underestimated the adverse reaction, priceless , well it would be at APR 30% !

Funny thing is, there were PR heads and accountants and other overpaid leeches in management who knew this sponsorship deal would have given them lots of priceless added visibility up there in the Manchester region.

Eventually ManU or ManCity would have bitten at the chance at a quick fix to pilget Bolton but this was the best way. Get rid of the cheese;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024