Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Walker 12:18 - Jan 13 with 1101 viewsburnsieespana

JD sats a contract has been offered to him but now up to Chelsea and his Agent. From the comments seems the best possible offer been made and guess that is why Bond was "got rid of".
Sam Walker on 12:27 - Jan 13 with 1093 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I imagine Chelsea will probably release him from his contract so the decision ultimately will come down to Sam himself. Hopefully he'll decide that a couple of seasons at the WHCS will be a good stepping stone for his career.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Sam Walker (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 13 with 1086 viewsLeadbelly

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sam Walker on 12:47 - Jan 13 with 1085 viewsLeadbelly

Pressed the wrong button in my excitement!

Fingers crossed Sam signs. It would be a real coup if we could keep him and would probably net some cash in a year or two when bigger clubs come calling.

Sam Walker on 14:06 - Jan 13 with 1074 viewsgerry_us

Sam Walker on 12:47 - Jan 13 by Leadbelly

Pressed the wrong button in my excitement!

Fingers crossed Sam signs. It would be a real coup if we could keep him and would probably net some cash in a year or two when bigger clubs come calling.

He'll need to improve his clearance kicking and his authority in the penalty box before he convinces me he is any better than Cousins.
Sam Walker on 18:18 - Jan 13 with 1050 viewsnoah4x4

Sam Walker on 14:06 - Jan 13 by gerry_us

He'll need to improve his clearance kicking and his authority in the penalty box before he convinces me he is any better than Cousins.

Trust me Gerry; there is no comparison between them.

For me Mark Cousins might possibly slightly edge it as regards bravery diving at an attackers feet; but as a shot stopper he is no comparison. We would have lost four nil at MK Dons if it was not for Sam's 7ft frame and agility.

It's true that Sam's early distance kicking was a bit wayward (as was Ben Williams); and watching Mark Cousins skills during the half time warm up I have always thought that he might succeed as an outfield player. But Sam's distribution has now improved; helped by players learning the zones where he can reach with accuracy. He isn't a Dusty Hare as regards distance and elevation; but that is not how we play under Joe Dunne.

I think Cousins could do a good job if that is where we end up; but Walker is the better prospect (notably when we sell him for gazillions in a couple of years).
Sam Walker on 19:01 - Jan 13 with 1040 viewsbwildered

Would be a most welcome addition to the squad and a great coup for the club, if he signs . Already a firm favourite and already pull of some stunning saves.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Sam Walker on 23:01 - Jan 13 with 1012 viewsdurham_exile

Our boy Sam Walker he's seven feet tall.

Sign him up!

Gerry I know that you will grow to admire him, honestly you will.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sam Walker on 13:56 - Jan 14 with 981 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Sam Walker on 14:06 - Jan 13 by gerry_us

I'm not sure too many keepers get selected on the strength of their kicking. For me Walker is a far superior keeper to Cousins and if Sam doesn't stay then we need to get someone else in as Cousins has shown that he's not up to being our number one.

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Walker on 13:00 - Jan 16 with 892 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colchester-united/we_think_we_are_nearly_there_joe_d

Fingers crossed.

Sam Walker on 18:04 - Jan 16 with 870 viewsBarsidepete

Sam Walker on 13:00 - Jan 16 by Leadbelly

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colchester-united/we_think_we_are_nearly_there_joe_d

Fingers crossed.

Single handedly for goodness knows how many points.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Sam Walker on 15:29 - Jan 19 with 820 viewsburnsieespana

Vital week this as hopefully Sam will sign before weekend........JD seems confident so "in him we trust"!!!
Sam Walker on 18:41 - Jan 20 with 773 viewsRSCOSWORTH

He's signed! 18 month deal. Brilliant news and another very promising young player on the books.

Sam Walker on 19:11 - Jan 20 with 762 viewsburnsieespana

Very good news so well done RC and JD.
Sam Walker on 19:41 - Jan 20 with 757 viewsBarsidepete

Sam Walker on 18:41 - Jan 20 by RSCOSWORTH

He's signed! 18 month deal. Brilliant news and another very promising young player on the books.

Great news and money in the bank when some club purchases him, more dosh in ColU's coffer, and maybe by then we'll be in the Championship so he might just stay put. I'm beginning to get the sense behing our owner's mindset:D

Sam Walker on 19:43 - Jan 20 with 752 viewswessex_exile

Sam Walker on 18:41 - Jan 20 by RSCOSWORTH

That is fantastic news!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Sam Walker on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 735 viewsdurham_exile

Sam Walker on 19:43 - Jan 20 by wessex_exile

That is fantastic news!

Outstanding news - the fact that he made a point of coming to the faithful on Saturday after the other players had started to walk to the dug out spoke volumes.

Better keep the 25th May 2014 free in your diaries.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sam Walker on 10:04 - Jan 21 with 713 viewsLeadbelly

Excellent news. Pity it's just 18 months though.

Sam Walker on 13:51 - Jan 21 with 692 viewswessex_exile

Sam Walker on 10:04 - Jan 21 by Leadbelly

Excellent news. Pity it's just 18 months though.

Possibly to ensure he's not reached 24 at the end of this contract? Under Bosman, doesn't that mean we get a payment even if he leaves at the end of the contract?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Sam Walker on 16:31 - Jan 21 with 690 viewsburnsieespana

Guess that was the incentive for him to sign, ie learn a lot more by playing regularly, put yourself in the window and then maybe move on to a higher club either next Jan or free in the summer of 2015.
All the same a decent signing from which both parties should benefit.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2014 16:31]
Sam Walker on 05:03 - Jan 25 with 609 viewsBarsidepete

Sam Walker on 16:31 - Jan 21 by burnsieespana

Guess that was the incentive for him to sign, ie learn a lot more by playing regularly, put yourself in the window and then maybe move on to a higher club either next Jan or free in the summer of 2015.
All the same a decent signing from which both parties should benefit.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2014 16:31]

I think this will turn out well for all parties involved, Burnsie..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024