Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic 23:43 - Jan 4 with 779 viewsgerry_us

Well thank goodness it wasn't the U's
So that's another fixture I will not be attending this season whatever the outcome.
Hopefully Peterborough Saturday.
Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 03:59 - Jan 5 with 765 viewsBarsidepete

He frankly deserves another chance because otherwise just let us have locked him up for 10 years. Career over then, pretty much. Just wish he had owned this issue better by now. It was "he said she said," but the courts said She said. And that's called the court system.

Bad move by desperate Oldham now fold em. Not sure what to add, Gerry.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 18:00 - Jan 5 with 723 viewsbwildered

Saw the headline at the weekend, when the L1 club was not named and wonder what would be my reaction if it turn out to be the U's . Thankfully we are not so desperate .
Sure the Latics also held out a olive branch when Lee Hughes became available after his porridge , seems they like causing a stir !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 22:07 - Jan 5 with 708 viewsPaddyA140

I think the press should lay off him and anyone wanting to employ him, not because i find him a sympathetic character but because he's done his time. The real issue is the short sentence - any rape should surely get more than Evans did.

Still relieved it's not us who were thinking of having him, mind.
Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 19:16 - Jan 6 with 675 viewsBarsidepete

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 22:07 - Jan 5 by PaddyA140

I think the press should lay off him and anyone wanting to employ him, not because i find him a sympathetic character but because he's done his time. The real issue is the short sentence - any rape should surely get more than Evans did.

Still relieved it's not us who were thinking of having him, mind.

I assume you're talking legally as opposed to Evans. He still maintain his innocence so this is a gray area. And in terms of time spent, that's about the legal system. He will end up a plague anywhere. But laws can always be changed. Even if he'd spent an additional, let's say, 3 years. Your comment is about the legal system not what so happened. Yes. He should have been behind bars another 3 minimum

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 13:05 - Jan 7 with 650 viewsLeadbelly

On the assumption that the legal system will not "lock them up and throw away the key" for the vast majority of cases, however serious, there has to be a path to rehabilitation otherwise the law abiding tax payer foots the bill criminals for evermore.

The difficulties in this case are that Evans is high profile, shows no remorse and is pursuing the matter through the Criminal Case Review Panel (or similar). Whilst all that continues public opinion is unlikely to change. This, in turn, makes it practically impossible for any club to offer him a route back into football as supporters and, more importantly I suspect, sponsors will vote with their feet. There may be a short term gain in terms of his performance on the pitch but can this ever outweigh longer term considerations?

I wouldn't want him anywhere near Leeds or Colchester but, eventually, he will get a gig somewhere...or accept it's not going to happen and get a proper job.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 13:36 - Jan 7 with 645 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30681333

We may see what actually happens sooner than I'd expected.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 17:02 - Jan 7 with 632 viewsBarsidepete

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 13:36 - Jan 7 by Leadbelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30681333

We may see what actually happens sooner than I'd expected.

Sponsors departing Oldham Athletic.

60,000 strong petition, Latics, Don't do it.

2,000 with a counter petition, give him another chance.

I'm of mind he deserves another chance, but haven't said he Should at this point be given another chance. He really needs to own this. He's doing not much to paint himself as a sympathetic character.

Evans, do something rather than become a plague to any club that expresses interest. Say you understand why you may have been convicted, but while maintaining your innocence, become a poster child for bad judgment.

Be apologetic or get a proper job.

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 22:57 - Jan 7 with 605 viewsBFG

Dunno what to think but they took Lee Hughes on last time
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 23:50 - Jan 7 with 595 viewsdurham_exile

Really getting bored with this now!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 08:47 - Jan 8 with 582 viewswessex_exile

Final comment from me, and contrary to what I thought previously, he hasn't served his sentence, he has been released on licence, and of course he is still unrepentant. Until both those facts change, I don't think a single football club anywhere should have anything to do with him.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ched Evans in talks with Oldham Athletic on 11:16 - Jan 8 with 571 viewsBluenWightExile

Succinctly expressed Wesser and is the principal reason for the public's disenchantment.
The arrogant lack of a single ounce of humility wont help perceptions either. Oldham must be in a bit of financial trouble and see this as a potential way out - it may do the opposite.
And that's my lot with it too - here's to an encouraging show from the U's on Saturday.

Pinault-noir

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024