Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! 23:54 - Jun 26 with 637 viewsdurham_exile

Reminiscent of L Cpl Jones in Dad's Army.

Problem is there appears to be a dearth of strikers at present.

Perhaps we need to look at some Premier League reserves, young and enthusiastic and keen to score goals in league one.

JW wants Freddie Sears and I would support that as long as he plays him up front and not on the half way line.

Who else though, a big target man!

Last year we let 23 strikers slip through our hands. It is more difficult this year.

Up the U's

I suppose Spain survive with 4-6-0 but can we????

I don't think so.

Durham_exile

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 11:14 - Jun 27 with 610 viewsLeadbelly

If JW really believes Sears is the answer then I shall assume panic stations forthwith.

Spain survive because all their outfield players can retain possession, pass accurately and work incredibly hard when they lose the ball. Apart from those three things they are the same as the U's squad.

We need strikers and soon. Target men, poachers, whatever, as long as they have some experience or genuine potential at a much higher level. Sears fails on both counts in my opinion. The only thing in his favour is he would be cheap to run but that doesn't mean anything in front of goal.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 14:03 - Jun 27 with 596 viewsnoah4x4

Spain might survive....

But the only thing to go forward in the UK with a 4-6-0 configeration is an articulated truck.

But I reckon Ward is playing a sensible long game.

In a few weeks time, it will dawn on still no contract secured players (like Vincent and James) that they are not worth what they think and will be scrambling for jobs.

No doubt strikers hold an even higher opinion of themselves. Will possibly be plenty to pick from when push comes to shove.
Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 594 viewsnoah4x4

BTW, look at the list of ALL players with expiring contracts at http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB3_2012.html

Then look at their perceived transfer values - no doubt posted by their agents!

650,000 for Martin Rowlands......who is having a laugh......ha ha!

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 17:56 - Jun 27 with 582 viewsFruitbat

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 14:08 - Jun 27 by noah4x4

BTW, look at the list of ALL players with expiring contracts at http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB3_2012.html

Then look at their perceived transfer values - no doubt posted by their agents!

650,000 for Martin Rowlands......who is having a laugh......ha ha!

Interesting site.

Lloyd James £450K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 18:00 - Jun 27 with 581 viewsFruitbat

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 17:56 - Jun 27 by Fruitbat

Interesting site.

Lloyd James £450K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even better - Gillespie value pre transfer 333K. Lets hope we got somewhere near that!
Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 22:16 - Jun 29 with 541 viewsbwildered

Sears leaves WHU by mutual consent .

Please No,No No , never shown enough for me.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 22:37 - Jun 29 with 540 viewsDaniel

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 22:16 - Jun 29 by bwildered

Sears leaves WHU by mutual consent .

Please No,No No , never shown enough for me.

Not sure whether I'd want him back or not. He was poor on the wing or upfront by himself, but his goal in the final home game shows that he has some promise. Beggars can't be choosers, and we're beggars at the moment, so I'd have him back.
Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 21:14 - Jun 30 with 522 viewsBaldrick

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 22:37 - Jun 29 by Daniel

Not sure whether I'd want him back or not. He was poor on the wing or upfront by himself, but his goal in the final home game shows that he has some promise. Beggars can't be choosers, and we're beggars at the moment, so I'd have him back.

My son inlaw supports the Hammers and he reckon's Sears is total " )rap "
Login to get fewer ads

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 21:19 - Jun 30 with 520 viewsBaldrick

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 21:14 - Jun 30 by Baldrick

My son inlaw supports the Hammers and he reckon's Sears is total " )rap "

Just looked on the Greenunsite and it seems Mr Mannering is hoping to sign Sears. Note I said Hoping only it seems according to the illustrious Mr Marston
Quote his words
However, it seems likely that Sears will be a target of other clubs as well, in which case the U’s would be unlikely to compete in terms of financial clout.
Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 22:03 - Jun 30 with 516 viewsbwildered

Sears goal in the final home match of the season was no wonder strike. Admittingly he used his right foot, but the rookie keeper was unsited, on his near post, a goal which he would be unlikely to score in a competitve mid season fixture,on a regular basis, rather than this end of term fare.

I would rather see Alan Lee leading the front line thanks

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 07:30 - Jul 1 with 507 viewsdurham_exile

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 22:03 - Jun 30 by bwildered

Sears goal in the final home match of the season was no wonder strike. Admittingly he used his right foot, but the rookie keeper was unsited, on his near post, a goal which he would be unlikely to score in a competitve mid season fixture,on a regular basis, rather than this end of term fare.

I would rather see Alan Lee leading the front line thanks

As I stated earlier I would like to see Sears back but playing up front, not on the half way line.

Bruiser Lee is not one of my favourites, but a partnership with Sears. Wages would be a problem for both.

Where are all these reserve strikers from the premier league and top championship clubs?

Oh well 4-6-0 it is then!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 13:37 - Jul 2 with 490 viewsLeadbelly

4-6-0 allows Spain to do more than survive!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Don't panic says JW.....................enough said! on 20:17 - Jul 2 with 477 viewsnoah4x4

Ashley Vincent to Port Vale?????
A bankrupt Division Two club?
Docked ten points for going into administration?

He thought he was championship material?????

The greedy will soon be re-setting their sights when the top clubs turn them down......

.......watch JW pick up some bargain strikers?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024