Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's 13:00 - Nov 26 with 521 viewsdurham_exile

Karl Robinson brings his franchise to the WHCS this evening and I for one will be hoping that we send them packing back to stadium MK with no points and better still no goals.

JD once again will have enforced changes with both Freddie Sears and Gavin Massey injured (they both aggravated existing injuries on Saturday).

Long term absentees Josh Thompson, Drey Wright and Sanchez Watt continue on the sidelines whilst Craig Eastmond makes a very welcome return after his one match ban.

Sian Bolger has returned to Bolton.

I expect JD to name a side resembling the following in a 4,2,3,1 formation:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Dickson

Eastmond Bean

Gilbey Vose Garbutt

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Olufemi, Wright (David), Bond, Bonne, Szmodics, Morrison

A very useful point at PNE on Saturday should give confidence and with Tranmere Rovers away on Saturday there is a great chance to secure back to back wins.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 22:47 - Nov 26 with 483 viewsdurham_exile

Guys where is everyone, best win of the season.

First time we have scored three goals in a game this season.

Defeated the franchise and deservedly so.

Three good goals.

Sets it up nicely for Tranmere on Saturday.

Let's be hearing from you.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 23:01 - Nov 26 with 477 viewsgerry_us

Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 22:47 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Guys where is everyone, best win of the season.

First time we have scored three goals in a game this season.

Defeated the franchise and deservedly so.

Three good goals.

Sets it up nicely for Tranmere on Saturday.

Let's be hearing from you.

Up the U's

Wha..wha....must have slept through that one and was I dreaming? Did we really score three goals all in one match and have we found a new goal scorer in Macca?
Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 08:20 - Nov 27 with 458 viewsBluenWightExile

Predicted it Durham - though less certain about Saturday.

Very satisfying win and we scored thrice.
Joe's problem with such an inexperienced group is consistency.
That is another reason why we have another long season on our hands but I am right behind his efforts to instill this, if he only can. Mid table would be a true achievement for him.

Pinault-noir

Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 08:30 - Nov 27 with 456 viewsnoah4x4

I apologise to all for my earlier (post Brentford) dire prediction of "no wins before Tranmere" given that we have now secured two. But this win didn't surprise me once I saw the line up. I will leave Paul38 to do the match report....however;

1. Tom Eastman back instead of the ineffective Bolger.

2. Magnus and Eastman also seem to have swapped sides; so the more solid no-nonsense Tom E is now supporting Wilson; whist Magnus linked up with the more fluid Dickson and Garbutt. I thought this worked brill. Ball moved much faster out of defence; and not merely long ball tactics; was more subtle than that.

3. David Wright back to add bite in the midfield in front of the back four. He has been badly missed. Despite the silkier ball skills of Bean and Eastmond. We (IMHO) do need a Izzett type character to break up attacks and DW provides that.

4. I thought Dominic Vose made a decent first half contribution. Is perhaps short of full 90 minute match fitness; and was rightly substituted; but that is to be expected.

5. M.O.M Jabo Ibrehe was for once NOT paired with Sears. Both are excellent players; but they can't seem to play together.

With Garbutt and Dickson providing width; and Jabo no longer getting drawn into the corners (e.g. he staying more in the middle) we looked a different team.

6. Macca Bonne....what a find!

Have been watching him in the under 18 and Development Squad for some weeks and he is not scared of shooting. It is probably better at this stage of his development to use him as an impactful substitute when old defensive legs (like MKD's Lewington) are tiring. It was noticeable last night that his shoulder to shoulder strength is perhaps not quite fully developed and the MK Dons thugs bundled him over a few times. But he is barely 18 and his pace and ability is not in doubt. Probably should have gone out on loan in the Conference first (as did Alex Gilbey); but injuries have given Macca the opportunity; and he has took it. Fully entitled to now be a fixture in the first team squad.

7. Sam Walker; what a save. Kept us in the match when we did have a few wobbles.

We made a very good MKD Team look very ordinary. As we left; I overheard comments "worst side we have seen at WHCS this year". WRONG; we played so well that we created that illusion; and could have scored six - but do look at the possession, shot and corner statistics. If you didn't know the result; and were reliant on this data alone; one might have expected a U's defeat. But despite our lower possession; we bossed the game. We did what so many sides have done to us. We let our opponents pass the ball gracefully in FRONT of our defence until they tire; they get players out of position; then we burst past them on the counter when we do gain possession. Tactically spot on; and Dunne & Kinsella deserve all the praise they are getting this morning for this no-nonsense; back to basics approach; with the Wright personnel (pun deliberate).
Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 12:31 - Nov 27 with 435 viewsLeadbelly

If last night's performance is replicated in every game for the rest of the season we will have no complaints about entertainment value, work rate or tactics. The only negative was we did miss an awful lot of chances but at least we were creating them for a change.

I heard a few comments about what a poor side MK Dons were but, like Noah, I disagree. We played very well and Karl Robinson was honest enough to admit that his side had been battered and could have conceded six!

I doubt many people were expecting 4 point from the last two games. Let's hope we can bring something back from the Wirral on Saturday.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 16:13 - Nov 27 with 413 viewsMadeira163

3-1 @28/1 get in there

same vose didnt score in the 3-1 that would have been an extra 55/1

but very happy all round
Franchise at WHCS tonight - Up the U's on 20:05 - Nov 27 with 392 viewsbwildered

Most welcome three points last night , but if the tactic is to keep it tight at the back and wear sides out is the future, we will forsake more point than we will receive until a more settled side emerges from the constant changing due to injuries.
MK Dons looked a more than useful side which last night just lacked the cutting edge up front, who played the ball out constantly from the back, a tactic which has been abandoned by ourself's at present, but can some tell me why, time and again we let them. If has described they are a bad side, it will take a brave man to predict that they will finish below us.
The result will mean nothing unless we pick something up on our travels Saturday, which if we came come back without any more injuries, will then give us a welcome break during cup week to lick our wounds.
On the positive side goals for Jabo , Bonn and a goal from Eastmond which must become a regular habit.
Jury still out on Voce, has a player might have thought he did enough, but has a manager just require that bit extra to cement a regular place.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024