Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread 11:18 - Jan 19 with 26245 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:17 - Jan 19 with 1878 viewssnork44

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:13 - Jan 19 by BLAZE

I felt quite positive after the first half hour but this has been dreadful since

Tell you what, we're in serious trouble now. I can't envisage this squad having the stomach for a real relegation battle; add our injuries going into a crucial run of games and I'm twitching. Feel like we're totally reliant on Bony at the moment but he isn't Superman and can't do it all on his own. (Says I as he clears a cross deep inside our box)

Something hasn't felt right for a very long time (with the sporadic great performance calming fears) but I always felt our squad was too strong to get dragged down to where we currently find ourselves and that our quality would eventually shine through.... But it hasn't yet and I'm starting to doubt whether it will at all

Once decent posters like Blaze start worrying then there is a cause to be concerned

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:17 - Jan 19 with 1878 viewsunion_jack

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:07 - Jan 19 by quiff

So rather than doing the only thing the fans can - getting behind the team, what would your suggestion be exactly then?!

I'd suggest you face up to the facts. It's got nothing to do with getting behind the team. It's not me you need to tell that to, I'm sitting at home. It's the crowd you should address but they've not had a lot to get excited about though have they? Certainly not from a scoreline point if view.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 1871 viewsSwanfan1

been through the emotional rollercoaster, whats frustrating is the transfers and not having any extra players, cause you know "our so called starters are just around the corner".

but the players on the pitch today, have given all they could to the best of their ability, playing against a team that spent 100M. on players this summer.

I dont know why people thought this was a winnable game,
the next 4 is surely the most important games.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 1866 viewsalphonseM

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:14 - Jan 19 by Drizzy

Last paragraph is spot on. The Newcastle home game and United cup game papered over a lot of cracks.

injuries have produced those cracks...
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:19 - Jan 19 with 1838 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:14 - Jan 19 by Liam12345

Laudrup Out > Di Mateo In

before he completely screws us over.

I have quoted this post incase you decide to edit it later after realising how idiotic that statement is.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:19 - Jan 19 with 1833 viewsDrizzy

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:18 - Jan 19 by alphonseM

I wouldn't say produced the cracks but they significantly deepened them.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:20 - Jan 19 with 1836 viewswaynekerr55

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:18 - Jan 19 by alphonseM

And what (in general) has caused those injuries?

(ducks for cover)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:20 - Jan 19 with 1832 viewsC_jack

Let's hope the players have a bit more fight in them than 95% of our 'support'.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:20 - Jan 19 with 1813 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:16 - Jan 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Our next 4 games are quite possibly the most important since our journey in the Premier League begun. Win them and we should be okay. Lose them and we're bottom of the league. It really is that simple. Winning 1 or 2 is not good enough.

I'd say if we do win only two of them we will be OK, but we would still looking over our shoulders. We could really do with at least nine points from them to ease the pressure.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:21 - Jan 19 with 1805 viewsquiff

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:17 - Jan 19 by union_jack

I'd suggest you face up to the facts. It's got nothing to do with getting behind the team. It's not me you need to tell that to, I'm sitting at home. It's the crowd you should address but they've not had a lot to get excited about though have they? Certainly not from a scoreline point if view.

Blaze's post is pretty much spot on, I'm very concerned about our form and injuries as well, but just claiming everyone who shows any positivity has heads in the sand, as well as being as negative as possible just to shout told ya so! when we lose, is not going to help, nor is it supporting your team- which is all you can do as a fan.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 1783 viewsalphonseM

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:20 - Jan 19 by waynekerr55

And what (in general) has caused those injuries?

(ducks for cover)

bad fortune / small squad / small budget
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 15:25]
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 1779 viewsmikl0s

Why do Spurs get away with so much?

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 1763 viewswaynekerr55

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:21 - Jan 19 by quiff

Blaze's post is pretty much spot on, I'm very concerned about our form and injuries as well, but just claiming everyone who shows any positivity has heads in the sand, as well as being as negative as possible just to shout told ya so! when we lose, is not going to help, nor is it supporting your team- which is all you can do as a fan.

Hysteria is for message boards - it's what they are made for

Agree 100% about back the team in the ground

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:24 - Jan 19 with 1693 viewsLiam12345

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:19 - Jan 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have quoted this post incase you decide to edit it later after realising how idiotic that statement is.

thats not likely, everyone in the bottom half of the table have practically sacked their manager because enough was enough apart from us and west spam and we and west ham are getting no where. time for a change.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:24 - Jan 19 with 1692 viewsC_jack

PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:25 - Jan 19 with 1671 viewswaynekerr55

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:22 - Jan 19 by alphonseM

bad fortune / small squad / small budget
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 15:25]

Our squad is bigger than it's ever been, and the research by UEFA/FIFA's medical team states that the bulk of minor muscle injuries are caused by fatigue. Not my words but the words of Prof Jan Ekstrand

Therefore why on earth did the club take the decision to flog the players to death in pre season? Would Mo Farah run until he was sick 2 weeks into an 11 month training programme? Does Floyd Mayweather do irrelevant runs?

Don't mean to sound like a cock but football has lots to learn from other sports

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:25 - Jan 19 with 1662 viewsNogginthenog

Got what we deserved, naff all. No excuses just not good enough in all departments except striker.

I seriously think that we have to get some players in tout suite.
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 1622 viewsunion_jack

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:13 - Jan 19 by BLAZE

I felt quite positive after the first half hour but this has been dreadful since

Tell you what, we're in serious trouble now. I can't envisage this squad having the stomach for a real relegation battle; add our injuries going into a crucial run of games and I'm twitching. Feel like we're totally reliant on Bony at the moment but he isn't Superman and can't do it all on his own. (Says I as he clears a cross deep inside our box)

Something hasn't felt right for a very long time (with the sporadic great performance calming fears) but I always felt our squad was too strong to get dragged down to where we currently find ourselves and that our quality would eventually shine through.... But it hasn't yet and I'm starting to doubt whether it will at all

Indeed the tell tale signs have been there for a while now.

What worries me is that we lose the ball far too easily and usually by just giving it away. We also run the ball too far.

All this is down to twitchiness resulting from nerves which produces lack of confidence. Self perpetuating.

The next four games are crucial but with confidence as it is I'm not seeing beyond a couple of points.

The passion is not there. There is not one player really putting their body on the line and that attitude comes when they think its meaningless.

Worrying times all round but don't let me influence the head buryers on here.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:27 - Jan 19 with 1590 viewsDanishDuck

We need Michu back asap, so we can start winning some games.
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:28 - Jan 19 with 1563 viewsalphonseM

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:25 - Jan 19 by waynekerr55

Our squad is bigger than it's ever been, and the research by UEFA/FIFA's medical team states that the bulk of minor muscle injuries are caused by fatigue. Not my words but the words of Prof Jan Ekstrand

Therefore why on earth did the club take the decision to flog the players to death in pre season? Would Mo Farah run until he was sick 2 weeks into an 11 month training programme? Does Floyd Mayweather do irrelevant runs?

Don't mean to sound like a cock but football has lots to learn from other sports

Would you mind providing a link to his research, so that we all may have a look?

EDIT: Never mind - found it:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0838.2006.00528.x/abstract;jse
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 15:29]
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:28 - Jan 19 with 1553 viewsquiff

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:26 - Jan 19 by union_jack

Indeed the tell tale signs have been there for a while now.

What worries me is that we lose the ball far too easily and usually by just giving it away. We also run the ball too far.

All this is down to twitchiness resulting from nerves which produces lack of confidence. Self perpetuating.

The next four games are crucial but with confidence as it is I'm not seeing beyond a couple of points.

The passion is not there. There is not one player really putting their body on the line and that attitude comes when they think its meaningless.

Worrying times all round but don't let me influence the head buryers on here.

Are you Perchie in disguise?

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:29 - Jan 19 with 1544 views2face

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:17 - Jan 19 by union_jack

It's exactly when you are behind that the crowd should support the team. The fact that this is even in dispute is quite remarkable actually.
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:30 - Jan 19 with 1521 viewsMolliemick

Davies is not a defender, is invariably flat footed and unable to turn quickly enough. He needs a midfielder's support which he is not getting. Pozuelo has been dreadful, poor work rate and sloppy passes, falling down too much.
Bony excepted and perhaps Tremmel, did anyone have a decent game?
The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:30 - Jan 19 with 1519 viewswaynekerr55

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:28 - Jan 19 by alphonseM

Would you mind providing a link to his research, so that we all may have a look?

EDIT: Never mind - found it:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0838.2006.00528.x/abstract;jse
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 15:29]

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/medical/video/videoid=1940418.html?autoplay=t

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/47/12/732.full.pdf+html?sid=4dfabec8-ea32-4773-85be-

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:31 - Jan 19 with 1491 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The official Swansea City V Spurs matchday thread on 15:24 - Jan 19 by Liam12345

thats not likely, everyone in the bottom half of the table have practically sacked their manager because enough was enough apart from us and west spam and we and west ham are getting no where. time for a change.

But who is there for us to replace him with? Your choice of Di Matteo is terrible. He has managed a side in the Premier League with similar expectations and a similar budget to work with once before. He was sacked after 6 months. Oh and he was on a reported £125,000 a week at Chelsea. He is still recieving that wage until his contract ends, which I'm not 100% certain when that date is, but it is at least until the end of the season. Emplying him would mean either he would have to forfit that wage, or we pay it off, along with paying him his new, undoubtedly beyond realistic wages here too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024