Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FT: Finish third 16:57 - May 3 with 19178 viewsScunnydale

Ah well, it wasn't meant to be. Chesterfield won and we've ended up third.

Could be worse! Very pleased how the season has gone as a whole and, for the first time in most [all?] of our lives we were top of the league at 3.15 on the final day of the season.

I, along with most others, would have been glad with a play-off place this season, but Hilly and this team of diamonds have given us more than that. Not only have they given us League One football again, they've given us pride and pleasure in supporting Rochdale.

Those in Newport: well done today, the photos coming back to us looked great. Have a cracking day tonight. Don't dwell on today, think of the season as a whole. All we've achieved, all we can be proud of, and all we have to look forward to next year.

Up the Dale!
FT: Finish third on 17:00 - May 3 with 17371 views1mark1

Totally agree-UP THE DALE.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

FT: Finish third on 17:12 - May 3 with 17301 viewsolympicdale

Yup, just wasn't meant to be, when its not in your hands its always tough, but to have another promotion is huge, hope they get a good turn out on tuesday.

Life is a game of fate.

FT: Finish third on 17:27 - May 3 with 17225 viewsnigewilson

Perfect summing up Scunnydale. Bring on next season!!
[Post edited 3 May 2014 17:28]
FT: Finish third on 17:52 - May 3 with 17117 viewsfinberty

Perfectly summed up.

It'd be interesting to compare the relative costs of assembling each of the three promoted teams. Not much mention made of that disparity but I think Dale's expenditure will be significantly the lowest of the three.

However, across in North Heywood, in some quarters (only some) it's still seen as some sort of failure.

Remarkable.

Bury.

Twelfth-placed Bury that is.
FT: Finish third on 18:45 - May 3 with 16999 viewsShun

Incredible season as a whole but I'll be honest, I was pretty gutted at the final whistle today! The title would've been fantastic, but finishing 3rd on the final day again just seems a bit deflating, especially after missing a penalty and then conceding so late on. I might sound a bit pathetic actually! Ah well, for 15 minutes or so we were on top of the world. Incredible atmosphere today throughout the whole game. Looking forward to next season!
FT: Finish third on 18:53 - May 3 with 16969 viewsScunnydale

FT: Finish third on 18:45 - May 3 by Shun

Incredible season as a whole but I'll be honest, I was pretty gutted at the final whistle today! The title would've been fantastic, but finishing 3rd on the final day again just seems a bit deflating, especially after missing a penalty and then conceding so late on. I might sound a bit pathetic actually! Ah well, for 15 minutes or so we were on top of the world. Incredible atmosphere today throughout the whole game. Looking forward to next season!

I felt the same mate, but you've got to think of two things.
1) If we'd have won, we still wouldn't be champions.
2) Against most of our predictions, we're promoted to League One.
FT: Finish third on 20:07 - May 3 with 16837 viewsNigeriamark

FT: Finish third on 18:53 - May 3 by Scunnydale

Exactly
Not much difference between 2nd or 3rd. Would have been gutted if Fleetwood had got a result and we had lost.
FT: Finish third on 20:26 - May 3 with 16792 viewsShun

FT: Finish third on 18:53 - May 3 by Scunnydale

You're right of course, I just feel a bit shit!
Login to get fewer ads

FT: Finish third on 21:04 - May 3 with 16725 viewsArthurDaley

We were top of the league, say we were top of the league. The dream nearly came true.
still a bl**dy good season, for Dale fans.
At the beginning of the season would definatly have took 3rd place.

A large VAT Dave

FT: Finish third on 21:58 - May 3 with 16630 viewspieandpeasdale

FT: Finish third on 21:04 - May 3 by ArthurDaley

We were top of the league, say we were top of the league. The dream nearly came true.
still a bl**dy good season, for Dale fans.
At the beginning of the season would definatly have took 3rd place.

We'd have taken a play off spot at very best to be honest!
FT: Finish third on 22:24 - May 3 with 16565 viewscrazyhorse

Bit of a cushioned emotional rollercoaster today. Like having a luxury of a free bet on the online roulette (Prefer coral myself) wheel.
Hopes of riches but...........losing nowt by blowing todays game. A the end of the day were still winners getting promoted.
[Post edited 3 May 2014 22:29]
FT: Finish third on 22:38 - May 3 with 16516 viewsILoveMYclub

It was a fantastic day ........and Daleys are fantastic fans ..........they really are.

On the way back to Cardiff had an interesting chat with a Newport fan ..............hoarse from shouting.

Terrific game he said , terrific fans and a darn good team is your Rochdale one of the best we have met and was well impressed with the Dales performance today.

He singled out Allen with the comment you as a team and he chase the second touch and chase what often looks like a lost ball.

All credit to Hilly introducing Craig Lynch on the last game ; a sign that he intends to keep him?

He also pointed out it was the first Penalty any of their goalies had saved and was happy that it was on the rough pitch end.

The pitch is only half relaid the Dale away end and that was why they were so insistent on keeping fans off it.

I loved the Burgers and the Worthingtons .......it was a reet good day out and I wish Newport all the best for the future.
FT: Finish third on 22:45 - May 3 with 16495 viewsD_Alien

Almost glad that Chesterfield won, because Matty Lund would've been unconsolable if his missed penalty had cost us the title, and he really wouldn't have deserved to have that feeling

Great day out in the sunshine. We looked like we'd get that win and should've had a penalty at the end of the first half when Jamie Allen got pulled back in the box

Can't be too disappointed though - just shows how far we've come that we're not just trying to scrape into the playoffs... oh how we used to celebrate making the playoffs!!!

Hope the lads have a fantastic break and come back in July ready to take the next step UP the football league

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FT: Finish third on 23:20 - May 3 with 16395 viewsTomRAFC

It is just a joy to be promoted again. Every top three team was top at some point today and that says a lot.

Not only have we gone up but we have played some glorious football whilst doing it. Not to mention the squad is comprised of clever free signings.

This line up has so much personality and so much room to grow. I have no worries for our midfield next season.

Can't praise the lads and the gaffer enough, as well as the backroom and coaching staff.

Absolute faith in King Keith to get the right additions to the squad for next season.

I think we all deserve a round of applause as well. Some of the banter in the Sandy this season has been fantastic.

Now what the p*ss do I do with my Saturdays?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

FT: Finish third on 00:25 - May 4 with 16297 viewsKenBoon

Do we need one more relegation to officially become a yo-yo club? 10 years ago I dreamed that one day we'd become a yo-yo club.
FT: Finish third on 02:10 - May 4 with 16225 viewsAlexF

FT: Finish third on 23:20 - May 3 by TomRAFC

It is just a joy to be promoted again. Every top three team was top at some point today and that says a lot.

Not only have we gone up but we have played some glorious football whilst doing it. Not to mention the squad is comprised of clever free signings.

This line up has so much personality and so much room to grow. I have no worries for our midfield next season.

Can't praise the lads and the gaffer enough, as well as the backroom and coaching staff.

Absolute faith in King Keith to get the right additions to the squad for next season.

I think we all deserve a round of applause as well. Some of the banter in the Sandy this season has been fantastic.

Now what the p*ss do I do with my Saturdays?

sums up my feelings exactly, disappointing day, but every single dale fan on this board would've taken this third position at the start of the season. Fantastic performance by owners, management and players. No ifs buts or maybes
FT: Finish third on 06:42 - May 4 with 16173 viewsJumeirahDale

Cracking day out, shame about the result, but it was fantastic to have that "moment" (Georgie's goal!) when, for a few minutes, we believed we could do it - rather we lost and had that moment than drew 0-0 and watched Scunny/Chesterfield trade the top spot all day.

Pleased for Georgie as well - ran his socks off in the first half.
FT: Finish third on 08:11 - May 4 with 16101 viewsdingdangblue

Wonderful season supporting Dale. Just glad it was sorted last week and the penalty miss and late defeat didn't cost promotion - imagine the heartbreak there! Well done to Chesterfield, there was real pressure having to go and get a win last week at Burton ( a very tough ask) but they did it. Again today at half time and 1-0 down - real bottle to turn it round. Hilly said they were the best team - and he was right. He also said Gary Roberts was the best player and he was right - absolutely terrific goal to win the league. Just glad Scunthorpe didnt win it. Up the Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FT: Finish third on 09:33 - May 4 with 15995 viewsTVOS1907

FT: Finish third on 02:10 - May 4 by AlexF

sums up my feelings exactly, disappointing day, but every single dale fan on this board would've taken this third position at the start of the season. Fantastic performance by owners, management and players. No ifs buts or maybes

Spot on.

I commented in the car on the way home that at the end of the day, we've finished only three points behind the team with the biggest budget in the division and the league's best player, who then scored the goal that won them the title.

We've also finished behind another team on goal difference only; that team spent £300,000 on a striker in January and went on a 28 (?) game unbeaten run.

Some achievement by Hilly and his players.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FT: Finish third on 09:55 - May 4 with 15948 views442Dale

FT: Finish third on 22:45 - May 3 by D_Alien

Almost glad that Chesterfield won, because Matty Lund would've been unconsolable if his missed penalty had cost us the title, and he really wouldn't have deserved to have that feeling

Great day out in the sunshine. We looked like we'd get that win and should've had a penalty at the end of the first half when Jamie Allen got pulled back in the box

Can't be too disappointed though - just shows how far we've come that we're not just trying to scrape into the playoffs... oh how we used to celebrate making the playoffs!!!

Hope the lads have a fantastic break and come back in July ready to take the next step UP the football league

Not sure I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but why did Lund take the penalty anyway? The last one was Henderson's at Chesterfield which he put away very effectively.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FT: Finish third on 09:58 - May 4 with 15941 viewsTalkingSutty

FT: Finish third on 09:33 - May 4 by TVOS1907

Spot on.

I commented in the car on the way home that at the end of the day, we've finished only three points behind the team with the biggest budget in the division and the league's best player, who then scored the goal that won them the title.

We've also finished behind another team on goal difference only; that team spent £300,000 on a striker in January and went on a 28 (?) game unbeaten run.

Some achievement by Hilly and his players.

Most enjoyable season ever and putting the result to one side, yesterday was just one long party and a day when all the fans came together and had a laugh.

Pre-match at Lloyds bar was fantastic and there wasn't a hint of bother from the Newport fans, just how football should be.
FT: Finish third on 10:17 - May 4 with 15896 views442Dale

FT: Finish third on 09:58 - May 4 by TalkingSutty

Most enjoyable season ever and putting the result to one side, yesterday was just one long party and a day when all the fans came together and had a laugh.

Pre-match at Lloyds bar was fantastic and there wasn't a hint of bother from the Newport fans, just how football should be.

This season has been very good, we've almost forgotten the cup run after recent events but it's been a perfect campaign for a lower league club. The sort of season you'd order if you could turn up at a footballing restaurant.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FT: Finish third on 10:44 - May 4 with 15840 viewsirisaln

FT: Finish third on 09:55 - May 4 by 442Dale

Not sure I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but why did Lund take the penalty anyway? The last one was Henderson's at Chesterfield which he put away very effectively.

Even Mr. Donelly can score penalties.

What did that cost the club i wonder in not finishing second?

A good few thousand pounds I fear.
FT: Finish third on 10:53 - May 4 with 15820 viewsYorkshire_Dale

FT: Finish third on 10:44 - May 4 by irisaln

Even Mr. Donelly can score penalties.

What did that cost the club i wonder in not finishing second?

A good few thousand pounds I fear.

£5000.
FT: Finish third on 11:04 - May 4 with 15797 viewsdingdangblue

FT: Finish third on 09:55 - May 4 by 442Dale

5 penalties this season and 4 different takers! Very strange . Donnelly v Hartlepool scored, Donnelly v Chesterfield missed, Tutte v Chesterfield scored, Henderson v Chesterfield scored and Lund yesterday. When GMR went over live for the penalty I was staggered Henderson wasn't taking it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024