Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From a Jack to a King premier 08:10 - Aug 22 with 18079 viewsepaul

Leicester Square Empire Sept 12 woohoo I'll be there as will most #Londonjacks and #SEALS

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:03 - Aug 22 with 2528 viewsScoobyWho

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:45 - Aug 22 by jackharris

Including me my friend. I was there at the time. I've supported the club for 30years since 1984, when I was 9 years of age.

I hope you get a mention ;-)
I was away working during this time and only renewed my acquaintance with the swans in 2004, so cant say I did anything other than than hope.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:27 - Aug 22 with 2492 viewsNewhousemustscore

I see many are worrying how we'll be portrayed and how good it'll be. But surely if it's being made by the guys behind "man on a wire" (& won an oscar) and "senna" then I'm sure it can't be that shoddy. Also, there are some grumbles about who's not in it. Everyone who played a part couldn't fit into a film lasting 1hr 38mins. I assume the bulk of the people who put their life savings into the club will be interviewed. All they are trying to do is tell a story for cinema.
From a Jack to a King premier on 19:31 - Aug 22 with 2484 viewsexiledclaseboy

How does one score an invite to one of these private screenings then?

Poll: Tory leader

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:39 - Aug 22 with 2454 viewsNeath_Jack

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:31 - Aug 22 by exiledclaseboy

How does one score an invite to one of these private screenings then?

Having a vagina seems to qualify loads who went in the week.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:40 - Aug 22 with 2448 viewsexiledclaseboy

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:39 - Aug 22 by Neath_Jack

Ah. That figures. Women have got into football in a big way this past five years or so...

Poll: Tory leader

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:44 - Aug 22 with 2425 viewsDarran

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:39 - Aug 22 by Neath_Jack

Who went en?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:46 - Aug 22 with 2423 viewsNeath_Jack

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:44 - Aug 22 by Darran

Who went en?

Surprised you didn't go based on that criteria, what with you being a massive c*nt.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:50 - Aug 22 with 2405 viewsDarran

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:46 - Aug 22 by Neath_Jack

Surprised you didn't go based on that criteria, what with you being a massive c*nt.

Cock.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:56 - Aug 22 with 2387 viewsjamiewales

From a Jack to a King premier on 19:44 - Aug 22 by Darran

Who went en?

I think Matt went
From a Jack to a King premier on 22:01 - Aug 22 with 2301 viewsmatt_the_jack

Great film, quite emotional. Tells the story very well I thought and you're bound to recognise people you know in it from the old footage that is shown. I think I even saw a photo of OldJack at the Vetch.

What I am surprised about is the fact that there is an interview with Tony Petty and his side of the story. Amazed he agreed to be interviewed, he has been invited to the premiere in London apparently - will be interesting if he does actually turn up.

Obviously Martinez had to get himself on there too. All the main board members are in it and tell their story, though no Paulo sadly.....

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

From a Jack to a King premier on 22:04 - Aug 22 with 2280 viewsJackfath

From a Jack to a King premier on 22:01 - Aug 22 by matt_the_jack

Great film, quite emotional. Tells the story very well I thought and you're bound to recognise people you know in it from the old footage that is shown. I think I even saw a photo of OldJack at the Vetch.

What I am surprised about is the fact that there is an interview with Tony Petty and his side of the story. Amazed he agreed to be interviewed, he has been invited to the premiere in London apparently - will be interesting if he does actually turn up.

Obviously Martinez had to get himself on there too. All the main board members are in it and tell their story, though no Paulo sadly.....

How did you get to be invited Matt?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

From a Jack to a King premier on 22:04 - Aug 22 with 2282 viewsUxbridge

From a Jack to a King premier on 22:01 - Aug 22 by matt_the_jack

Someone's about to get a talking to for breaking that ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

From a Jack to a King premier on 23:39 - Aug 22 with 2180 viewsPhil_S

Don't forget there is a book that tells the story just as well ;-)

I had an invite to go this week - turned it down.

This post has been edited by an administrator
From a Jack to a King premier on 00:07 - Aug 23 with 2142 viewsSweyns_Eye

From a Jack to a King premier on 23:39 - Aug 22 by Phil_S

Don't forget there is a book that tells the story just as well ;-)

I had an invite to go this week - turned it down.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I suspect you can't / won't give your feelings on here about how the film is. How much different is the story as told in the film, to that in From Graveyard to Ambition do you think?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

From a Jack to a King premier on 01:55 - Aug 23 with 2104 viewsGlyn1

From a Jack to a King premier on 15:43 - Aug 22 by Baker

I've got a funny feeling they did not want to be recognised.

Rodgers and Martinez can't fool us that easily.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 1:55]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

From a Jack to a King premier on 05:46 - Aug 23 with 2059 viewsphact0rri

Still holding out hope they will pass it down to somewhere in Hollywood in the not to distant future. My best guess if we do get a screening here, it'll link up with next years LA St. David's Festival.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

From a Jack to a King premier on 06:12 - Aug 23 with 2053 viewsPhil_S

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:07 - Aug 23 by Sweyns_Eye

I suspect you can't / won't give your feelings on here about how the film is. How much different is the story as told in the film, to that in From Graveyard to Ambition do you think?

I can't answer that without seeing the film to be honest - had a chance to go to two different screenings and have been unable to make either of them.
From a Jack to a King premier on 07:26 - Aug 23 with 2015 viewsshandyjack

Vodka with my weetabix
Must be only person not that excited bout the film, I'll watch it and hope I change my mind. I was there for the ride in person as a fan and these past 10yrs will live on through my memories

Poll: Expectation for the season

From a Jack to a King premier on 07:39 - Aug 23 with 2007 viewsNeath_Jack

From a Jack to a King premier on 07:26 - Aug 23 by shandyjack

Vodka with my weetabix
Must be only person not that excited bout the film, I'll watch it and hope I change my mind. I was there for the ride in person as a fan and these past 10yrs will live on through my memories

There are plenty of us, who's feet touch the floor when we sit on the toilet who are not "excited" about the film. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD, on one sold down the pub in all honesty.

As for Abi, anyone that has had a few pints in her company wouldn't be surprised by her vodka comment. She's a young girl who enjoys a drop, nothing wrong with that imo. Why was it at one point we weren't allowed to mention her on here though?

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:49 - Aug 23 with 1963 viewsRancid

I wonder if anyone from the Trust has seen it yet.
From a Jack to a King premier on 08:51 - Aug 23 with 1957 viewsUxbridge

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:49 - Aug 23 by Rancid

I wonder if anyone from the Trust has seen it yet.

Half of Swansea's seen it mun!

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:58 - Aug 23 with 1942 viewsRancid

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:51 - Aug 23 by Uxbridge

Half of Swansea's seen it mun!

That doesn't mean anyone from the Trust has seen it.It'll be on Dave before Sumbler sees it.
From a Jack to a King premier on 09:25 - Aug 23 with 1925 viewsUxbridge

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:58 - Aug 23 by Rancid

That doesn't mean anyone from the Trust has seen it.It'll be on Dave before Sumbler sees it.

The Trust have seen it. Like I said, half of Swansea has had a private screening by now!

From a Jack to a King premier on 22:48 - Aug 23 with 1795 viewsBillyChong

They were flogging copies in the pub earlier. Great quality.
From a Jack to a King premier on 15:34 - Sep 10 with 1521 viewsAquinas

Couldn't get a ticket for the 7:30pm showing at Leicester Square but got one easily for the 14:20 viewing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024