Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From a Jack to a King premier 08:10 - Aug 22 with 18080 viewsepaul

Leicester Square Empire Sept 12 woohoo I'll be there as will most #Londonjacks and #SEALS

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:48 - Sep 12 with 1432 viewsshenleymun

PS how can Dwight not know Ash has a book out, even I have read it and I am plastic as f**k (as ST holders go)
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 0:50]
From a Jack to a King premier on 00:49 - Sep 12 with 1430 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:46 - Sep 12 by shenleymun

London showings nearly sold out!!! Mind you there are only 14 seats in the screen they are showing it in. One seat only still available on Monday evening, it's behind me and I warn you now that I am going to wear my Wembley hat with bells on it.

14 seats? I laughed. #BigTime

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:50 - Sep 12 with 1428 viewsshenleymun

They're going to expand next season due to demand
From a Jack to a King premier on 00:53 - Sep 12 with 1416 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:48 - Sep 12 by shenleymun

PS how can Dwight not know Ash has a book out, even I have read it and I am plastic as f**k (as ST holders go)
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 0:50]

Maybe Ash needed the money from his book sales to help feed his family after his well publicised financial struggles and his worries over not being able to afford to bring up his second child while only earning £20,000+ with us at the time.

At least now with his new contract and book sales he can bring up his child above the poverty line.

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:55 - Sep 12 with 1412 viewsshenleymun

You can always get it from the public library if you are worried he will misuse the royalties if you buy it
From a Jack to a King premier on 00:57 - Sep 12 with 1408 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:55 - Sep 12 by shenleymun

You can always get it from the public library if you are worried he will misuse the royalties if you buy it

An excellent suggestion but I'd rather spend my time in a more productive manner than reading a book about Ashley Williams.

Maybe the reason he tried pushing for a move to Arsenal was to reach a new market for said book?

From a Jack to a King premier on 01:05 - Sep 12 with 1404 viewslondonlisa2001

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:57 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

An excellent suggestion but I'd rather spend my time in a more productive manner than reading a book about Ashley Williams.

Maybe the reason he tried pushing for a move to Arsenal was to reach a new market for said book?

sorry, but the concept of you spending your time productively is genuinely brilliant.

And you're absolutely right of course - there's a huge demand for books about a year in the life of the Swans amongst Arsenal supporters - they would literally fly off the shelves in Finsbury Park.
From a Jack to a King premier on 07:30 - Sep 12 with 1322 viewsPhil_S

As an aside from whether Ash should have a book or not just read Stephen's review of the film on SOS, some glaring names missing in the consortium story which suggests a good film if needing a little accuracy check may have been the best thing at the time.

And interesting that in the review two of the three biggest shareholders in this new consortium are completely wiped from history!
Login to get fewer ads

From a Jack to a King premier on 07:39 - Sep 12 with 1315 viewsepaul

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:46 - Sep 12 by shenleymun

London showings nearly sold out!!! Mind you there are only 14 seats in the screen they are showing it in. One seat only still available on Monday evening, it's behind me and I warn you now that I am going to wear my Wembley hat with bells on it.

1 seat left for the Sunday anoon showing, next to me at the back, if we stand will we be told to sit down

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

From a Jack to a King premier on 07:42 - Sep 12 with 1309 viewsAngelRangelQS

From a Jack to a King premier on 07:30 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

As an aside from whether Ash should have a book or not just read Stephen's review of the film on SOS, some glaring names missing in the consortium story which suggests a good film if needing a little accuracy check may have been the best thing at the time.

And interesting that in the review two of the three biggest shareholders in this new consortium are completely wiped from history!

And no mention of Kenny Jackett!
From a Jack to a King premier on 07:48 - Sep 12 with 1305 viewsPhil_S

From a Jack to a King premier on 07:42 - Sep 12 by AngelRangelQS

And no mention of Kenny Jackett!

I noticed that. I get that we want to not necessarily cover every action of the 10 years but a promotion winning season tends to be quite a big thing for a football club.

With the spans of time memories fade and history gets rewritten somewhat
From a Jack to a King premier on 08:14 - Sep 12 with 1285 viewsUxbridge

From a Jack to a King premier on 07:48 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

I noticed that. I get that we want to not necessarily cover every action of the 10 years but a promotion winning season tends to be quite a big thing for a football club.

With the spans of time memories fade and history gets rewritten somewhat

How can you not mention Bury? What about the playoff loss?

I hope this isn't going to be one of those films that airbrushes the journey and only looks at the beginning and end. That's been done so many times. I bet Orlandi won't even get a mention, and there's a man that was made for the big screen.

I'm seeing it later, but with the oft mentioned interesting rewriting of history discussed in the MM thread I'm a bit concerned.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:22 - Sep 12 with 1267 viewsWarwickHunt

From a Jack to a King premier on 01:05 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

sorry, but the concept of you spending your time productively is genuinely brilliant.

And you're absolutely right of course - there's a huge demand for books about a year in the life of the Swans amongst Arsenal supporters - they would literally fly off the shelves in Finsbury Park.

I'd buy any book that could literally fly.
From a Jack to a King premier on 08:30 - Sep 12 with 1260 viewsPhil_S

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:14 - Sep 12 by Uxbridge

How can you not mention Bury? What about the playoff loss?

I hope this isn't going to be one of those films that airbrushes the journey and only looks at the beginning and end. That's been done so many times. I bet Orlandi won't even get a mention, and there's a man that was made for the big screen.

I'm seeing it later, but with the oft mentioned interesting rewriting of history discussed in the MM thread I'm a bit concerned.

For many (and interestingly Matt was one of these) the film will tell them things that they didn't know and in their heads that becomes fact.

For example Matt said 'the North Bank Alliance tried to stop people going to games' - they didn't - they did a fantastic job trying to get our plight to the masses with the radio incident etc) but the one thing that people did at that time was to back the club not turn their back on it.

The play off loss is a huge point. Had we won that final (and we deserved to on the day) I don't think we would have been where we are now. Jackett would have stayed and we would have been relegated the next season. Too many things that happened after that play off defeat may have been so different.

WHat is the MM thread by the way?
From a Jack to a King premier on 08:39 - Sep 12 with 1247 viewsJackSomething

From a Jack to a King premier on 00:49 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

14 seats? I laughed. #BigTime

So I see you're getting bored of the whole pretence now? You've given up actually trying to convince people you are a Swans fan.

It's for the best, the majority of people worked it out a long, long time ago.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:39 - Sep 12 with 1242 viewsUxbridge

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:30 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

For many (and interestingly Matt was one of these) the film will tell them things that they didn't know and in their heads that becomes fact.

For example Matt said 'the North Bank Alliance tried to stop people going to games' - they didn't - they did a fantastic job trying to get our plight to the masses with the radio incident etc) but the one thing that people did at that time was to back the club not turn their back on it.

The play off loss is a huge point. Had we won that final (and we deserved to on the day) I don't think we would have been where we are now. Jackett would have stayed and we would have been relegated the next season. Too many things that happened after that play off defeat may have been so different.

WHat is the MM thread by the way?

The other MM, the former face of the Trust and seemingly saviour of the club if rumours are true.

I dunno on the other point. Everyone always thought we would struggle with a step up but we never have. Might even got up quicker. Who knows eh. I've mellowed on the crazy coypu in recent times.

Yeah this rewriting of history concerns me. Appreciate you can't get everything in and some things are open to interpretation but facts is facts. You have to get them right. As you say there simply was no attempt to stop people going, the opposite in fact and match days were combustible affairs to say the least. I do hope this doesn't become the new truth as some very worthy people will be airbrushed out of history.

Do you happen to know of any written record of these events Phil? . Actually will get round to reading it on the train down today ... should prove handy comparison.

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:48 - Sep 12 with 1222 viewsPhil_S

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:39 - Sep 12 by Uxbridge

The other MM, the former face of the Trust and seemingly saviour of the club if rumours are true.

I dunno on the other point. Everyone always thought we would struggle with a step up but we never have. Might even got up quicker. Who knows eh. I've mellowed on the crazy coypu in recent times.

Yeah this rewriting of history concerns me. Appreciate you can't get everything in and some things are open to interpretation but facts is facts. You have to get them right. As you say there simply was no attempt to stop people going, the opposite in fact and match days were combustible affairs to say the least. I do hope this doesn't become the new truth as some very worthy people will be airbrushed out of history.

Do you happen to know of any written record of these events Phil? . Actually will get round to reading it on the train down today ... should prove handy comparison.

Ah that MM I know the thread now!

I'll never be convinced we would have survived had we beaten Barnsley. When Roberto took us up we were more than ready and you could see it on the pitch - I just don't think we were ready at that point in time and would have struggled but we will never know.

Any film that is written about a true story has to cover those facts accurately. I have read some comments this week that made me smile because it tells me that many parts of the film are not right. Having said that I haven't seen it so when I do then I can make a better judgement but it is a concern.

There is a book - the name escapes me at the moment - but it is factually correct (I think!) - be interesting to see your two reviews side by side!!
From a Jack to a King premier on 08:59 - Sep 12 with 1199 viewsUxbridge

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:48 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

I'll never be convinced we would have survived had we beaten Barnsley. When Roberto took us up we were more than ready and you could see it on the pitch - I just don't think we were ready at that point in time and would have struggled but we will never know.

Any film that is written about a true story has to cover those facts accurately. I have read some comments this week that made me smile because it tells me that many parts of the film are not right. Having said that I haven't seen it so when I do then I can make a better judgement but it is a concern.

There is a book - the name escapes me at the moment - but it is factually correct (I think!) - be interesting to see your two reviews side by side!!

I should warn you I've asked Warwick to critique the grammatical quality.

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:15 - Sep 12 with 1172 viewslondonlisa2001

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:22 - Sep 12 by WarwickHunt

I'd buy any book that could literally fly.

I find that any book is pretty capable of flying if you take out the pages and make little planes out of each of them. Hours of fun :-)
From a Jack to a King premier on 09:17 - Sep 12 with 1169 viewswhiterock

There's a saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" The film makers need to consider have they over looked this?
From a Jack to a King premier on 09:19 - Sep 12 with 1158 viewsJackSomething

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:48 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

Had we gone up under Jackett, I think we would have followed a similar path to Barnsley. Battled relegation every season, maybe clinging on for a few years, changing manager a few times and eventually getting relegated.

We would have been similar to any other team promoted from League 1. We had some good players, but nothing about us really stood out from other teams at that level. Under Roberto, we developed an attractive passing game that separated us from the pack (which would never work in League 1 according to some) and signed excellent players for peanuts: Scotland, Bodde, Rangel all arrived for less than half what Amankwaah cost us.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:23 - Sep 12 with 1146 viewsmonmouth

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:19 - Sep 12 by JackSomething

Had we gone up under Jackett, I think we would have followed a similar path to Barnsley. Battled relegation every season, maybe clinging on for a few years, changing manager a few times and eventually getting relegated.

We would have been similar to any other team promoted from League 1. We had some good players, but nothing about us really stood out from other teams at that level. Under Roberto, we developed an attractive passing game that separated us from the pack (which would never work in League 1 according to some) and signed excellent players for peanuts: Scotland, Bodde, Rangel all arrived for less than half what Amankwaah cost us.

...although, Kenny had a mediocre next season and left anyway, so who's to say exactly the same would not have happened in the championship and RM appointed to manage us back in league 1 if relegated or still in the championship if not. Luckily we never had to find out, but I think we would have got here anyway. I don't believe in fate....but this one was written in the stars :)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:26 - Sep 12 with 1135 viewsPhil_S

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:59 - Sep 12 by Uxbridge

That'll create a sequel in itself
From a Jack to a King premier on 09:32 - Sep 12 with 1122 viewsDJack

From a Jack to a King premier on 08:59 - Sep 12 by Uxbridge

I suggest you ask for an overall view. If you ask for a chapter by chapter account even Warwick may run out of swear words and then Phil "Putin" Sumbler will retaliate by buying Phil's leafy London suburb and relocating Townhill's finest there.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:33 - Sep 12 with 1119 viewsUxbridge

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:32 - Sep 12 by DJack

I suggest you ask for an overall view. If you ask for a chapter by chapter account even Warwick may run out of swear words and then Phil "Putin" Sumbler will retaliate by buying Phil's leafy London suburb and relocating Townhill's finest there.

He's already given me a one-word review. I can't share that on here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024