Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From a Jack to a King premier 08:10 - Aug 22 with 18081 viewsepaul

Leicester Square Empire Sept 12 woohoo I'll be there as will most #Londonjacks and #SEALS

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

From a Jack to a King premier on 10:03 - Sep 12 with 1988 viewsPhil_S

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:33 - Sep 12 by Uxbridge

He's already given me a one-word review. I can't share that on here.

Ha!!! Was it 'brilliant' or am I at the wrong end of the scale?
From a Jack to a King premier on 10:13 - Sep 12 with 1960 viewsDJack

From a Jack to a King premier on 10:03 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

Ha!!! Was it 'brilliant' or am I at the wrong end of the scale?

Obviously not, 'cos he would have capitalised the letter b for "Brilliant".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

From a Jack to a King premier on 12:21 - Sep 12 with 1885 viewsWarwickHunt

From a Jack to a King premier on 09:15 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

I find that any book is pretty capable of flying if you take out the pages and make little planes out of each of them. Hours of fun :-)

I once helped a George Eliot novel out of a bedroom window when I was a student.
From a Jack to a King premier on 13:26 - Sep 12 with 1817 viewsMoscowJack

Although I really can't wait to see the film, I'll have to as there's no Premiere in Moscow strangely!

I'm seriously p!ssed off that Mal Pope and the others have managed to get the facts wrong for a true story. I've had a little rant on Twitter but I still feel quite bitter.

How Richard Lillicrap can be airbrushed out of history, when he did so much at the time (not just for our Trust, but so many others), is infuriating me. The fact he's since passed on just adds to the whole story, in my opinion, and would have pulled on many heart-strings.

Instead, he's replaced him with Mad Mazza, who did f-all compared to literally hundreds of others, and only did it to get the publicity and seat in the Box.

This film should have been celebrating an incredible true story and showing the realities the Club faced on each and every step up to the Premier. Missing Jackett's promotion season out also p!sses me off. He's not everyone's favourite but he played a MASSIVE part in our climb.

I hope the likes of Phil, Huw Cooze, Nigel Hamer, Ron, etc get a good mention and the plaudits they deserve. They've stuck with the Trust long after its novelty value disappeared and have stayed there to ensure the future of our Club's protected too.

It's unlikely that there'll be another chance to tell this story - it's such a pity it's not going to highlight what most of us fans would want....as well as add to the story for non-Swans or non-football loving fans too.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

From a Jack to a King premier on 13:38 - Sep 12 with 1796 viewslondonlisa2001

From a Jack to a King premier on 12:21 - Sep 12 by WarwickHunt

I once helped a George Eliot novel out of a bedroom window when I was a student.

Middle window on a March afternoon was it ;-)
From a Jack to a King premier on 13:50 - Sep 12 with 1768 viewsKingsJack

From a Jack to a King premier on 13:26 - Sep 12 by MoscowJack

Although I really can't wait to see the film, I'll have to as there's no Premiere in Moscow strangely!

I'm seriously p!ssed off that Mal Pope and the others have managed to get the facts wrong for a true story. I've had a little rant on Twitter but I still feel quite bitter.

How Richard Lillicrap can be airbrushed out of history, when he did so much at the time (not just for our Trust, but so many others), is infuriating me. The fact he's since passed on just adds to the whole story, in my opinion, and would have pulled on many heart-strings.

Instead, he's replaced him with Mad Mazza, who did f-all compared to literally hundreds of others, and only did it to get the publicity and seat in the Box.

This film should have been celebrating an incredible true story and showing the realities the Club faced on each and every step up to the Premier. Missing Jackett's promotion season out also p!sses me off. He's not everyone's favourite but he played a MASSIVE part in our climb.

I hope the likes of Phil, Huw Cooze, Nigel Hamer, Ron, etc get a good mention and the plaudits they deserve. They've stuck with the Trust long after its novelty value disappeared and have stayed there to ensure the future of our Club's protected too.

It's unlikely that there'll be another chance to tell this story - it's such a pity it's not going to highlight what most of us fans would want....as well as add to the story for non-Swans or non-football loving fans too.

Maybe you should watch the film first before getting your knickers in a twist.
From a Jack to a King premier on 14:15 - Sep 12 with 1734 viewsScoobyWho

From a Jack to a King premier on 13:26 - Sep 12 by MoscowJack

I agree wholeheartedly, of course this is not just about the trust, were there not others in Wales and beyond who hounded and harangued when many fans were letting the owners away with it ? I remember a Gary Martins ? As an example.

I remember you too, is it Nick ? Purely because the internet was my only source of news when I worked abroad and in the USA when all the fans takeover occurred.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 14:23]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

From a Jack to a King premier on 14:52 - Sep 12 with 1677 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If I ever wanted to gain a detailed knowledge of our clubs early rise I'd see if my local library had a copy of that book Phil made.

I wouldn't watch this woeful looking film which is clearly not giving all the facts, clearly not acknowledging all the right people and in some cases (according to Phil) straight up lying and manipulating false facts (stopping people from going to games?).

It's a real shame many younger fans whose minds are easily influenced will be corrupted after watching this.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 14:53]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

From a Jack to a King premier on 15:01 - Sep 12 with 1664 viewsMoscowJack

Hi Lisa....yes, it's Nick.

Gary and Phil had the platforms to help spread the word and I think many of us did anything we could to try and raise the heat on Petty. I managed to find quite a bit of stuff for Phil S on Petty's time robbing tourist resorts of money in Spain by buying dodgy white goods and pretending he'd bought brand new. All of the info came from my Spanish brother-in-law. I'm quite sure it had zero impact on Petty at all at the time, but when you add the protest marches, North Bank Alliance actions (especially stopping radio comm during a game), physical threats, etc....I'm sure Petty started to wonder what he'd got himself into. I remember getting Shuttlesworth's mobile number and calling him pretending to be a journalist, just to wind him up.

I think the hardest work came when Petty left and the club had to be "picked up" and put back together. When the likes of Mad Mazza disappeared, it was left to those who REALLY understood the longer-term benefits of a Trust. They realised that egos would only stop a good foundation from being created. We probably won't even know how important the Trust is until we're in the poo again....which could be 5, 10, 15+ years away.

I remember how much Mike Lewis HATED the internet fans in those days. Can you imagine what he'd be saying nowadays?

From a Jack to a King premier on 15:08 - Sep 12 with 1647 viewsJurassicJack

It'll be good for the world to see how well a club that was only formed in 2005 has done
From a Jack to a King premier on 15:14 - Sep 12 with 1633 viewslondonlisa2001

From a Jack to a King premier on 15:01 - Sep 12 by MoscowJack

Hi Lisa....yes, it's Nick.

Gary and Phil had the platforms to help spread the word and I think many of us did anything we could to try and raise the heat on Petty. I managed to find quite a bit of stuff for Phil S on Petty's time robbing tourist resorts of money in Spain by buying dodgy white goods and pretending he'd bought brand new. All of the info came from my Spanish brother-in-law. I'm quite sure it had zero impact on Petty at all at the time, but when you add the protest marches, North Bank Alliance actions (especially stopping radio comm during a game), physical threats, etc....I'm sure Petty started to wonder what he'd got himself into. I remember getting Shuttlesworth's mobile number and calling him pretending to be a journalist, just to wind him up.

I think the hardest work came when Petty left and the club had to be "picked up" and put back together. When the likes of Mad Mazza disappeared, it was left to those who REALLY understood the longer-term benefits of a Trust. They realised that egos would only stop a good foundation from being created. We probably won't even know how important the Trust is until we're in the poo again....which could be 5, 10, 15+ years away.

I remember how much Mike Lewis HATED the internet fans in those days. Can you imagine what he'd be saying nowadays?

Hi Nick, but I think you were replying to Scooby Who :-)
From a Jack to a King premier on 15:45 - Sep 12 with 1590 viewsScoobyWho

From a Jack to a King premier on 15:14 - Sep 12 by londonlisa2001

Hi Nick, but I think you were replying to Scooby Who :-)

I'll let you call me Lisa if I can call you Nicola ;-)

From a Jack to a King premier on 15:55 - Sep 12 with 1573 viewsMoscowJack

I haven't got a clue what's going on :)

From a Jack to a King premier on 16:02 - Sep 12 with 1551 viewskopperburgjack

If your not interested in the film fuking don't watch it and let others enjoy it

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

From a Jack to a King premier on 16:38 - Sep 12 with 1485 viewsScoobyWho

From a Jack to a King premier on 16:02 - Sep 12 by kopperburgjack

If your not interested in the film fuking don't watch it and let others enjoy it

I thought a debate the around the film and characters was actually occurring ?

From a Jack to a King premier on 16:55 - Sep 12 with 1447 viewslondonlisa2001

From a Jack to a King premier on 15:45 - Sep 12 by ScoobyWho

I'll let you call me Lisa if I can call you Nicola ;-)

deal !!

The point re the film is right though - I haven't seen it, obviously, so won't comment until I do, but the 'fight' started before Petty against Mike Lewis himself and even before that when he was with McClure and the 9th Floor chums and Gary Martin etc was instrumental in all of that bit.

I remember a meeting in the Vetch one evening with McClure and Lewis sitting with Gary Martin and Leigh Dineen, where people were trying to get answers about the club's finances etc. This was before 9th Floor sold to Mike Lewis for £1 and before he then sold onto Petty.
From a Jack to a King premier on 16:58 - Sep 12 with 1440 viewsmonmouth

From a Jack to a King premier on 14:52 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If I ever wanted to gain a detailed knowledge of our clubs early rise I'd see if my local library had a copy of that book Phil made.

I wouldn't watch this woeful looking film which is clearly not giving all the facts, clearly not acknowledging all the right people and in some cases (according to Phil) straight up lying and manipulating false facts (stopping people from going to games?).

It's a real shame many younger fans whose minds are easily influenced will be corrupted after watching this.

Mate. Under a tenner, Go for it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

From a Jack to a King premier on 17:11 - Sep 12 with 1416 viewsAquinas

Just got back from the cinema.

I thought it was excellent.

No mention of Jackett, Sousa, Mill stad loss, Bury etc but I still thought it was fantastic.

It has quite a few genuinely 'laugh out loud' moments.

I'm not too sure how many non-football fans it would appeal too, but i'm no film critic.
From a Jack to a King premier on 17:24 - Sep 12 with 1389 viewslonglostjack

From a Jack to a King premier on 14:52 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Traditional bookbinding is a dying skill in this digital age. All credit to Phil for maintaining traditions.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

From a Jack to a King premier on 17:57 - Sep 12 with 1340 viewsoldcob

The Scum are thinking of releasing a film now. Its going to be called 'Tan Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

'
From a Jack to a King premier on 18:37 - Sep 12 with 1262 viewsDarran

Tony Pettys turned up anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:45 - Sep 12 with 1249 viewsepaul

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:37 - Sep 12 by Darran

Unbelievable innit! Pete reckons he's been offered a grand to chin him! Kin do it!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:46 - Sep 12 with 1243 viewsepaul

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:46 - Sep 12 with 1242 viewsPozuelosSideys

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:37 - Sep 12 by Darran

Are you being serious?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:48 - Sep 12 with 1236 viewsDarran

From a Jack to a King premier on 18:46 - Sep 12 by PozuelosSideys

Are you being serious?

Yes 100%

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024