Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players in & out in January 09:53 - Dec 4 with 9003 viewspaulparker

Ok lets face it wherever we like it or not we are going to be active in the January Window
I think we are going to need a striker/Winger , someone to replace Sandro and a fullback

IMHO I would look at the following

Podoloski - can play upfront and on the left, is a deadly finisher works for the team wants to stay in London a loan move would be good
also Joel Campbell- he had a good world cup not had a sniff at Arsenal another who could play wide or upfront

Nathan Redmond - would be a good signing & a lot better than going for an injury prone Townsend
Tyrone Mings- doing well at Ipswich if we go down he could be a great signing for next year can play CB or Fullback

2 players I would like to see us go in for are Yann Kermorgant - excellent at holding the ball and scores goals , and matt Richie who can play wide or CM he also scores goals and is excellent at dead balls both from Bournemouth

I would look to offload Rio & send Matt Phillips on loan if we get cover and can we just pay off SWP , (Bucket collection, anyone ??)

anyone else

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players in & out in January on 15:03 - Dec 4 with 1858 viewsRangersw12

Players in & out in January on 14:43 - Dec 4 by runningman75

Andros Townsend though think he will go to Southhampton as part of the deal for Spurs to bring Morgan Schneiderlin in. Hoillett, Philips and SWP not up to the Premier league.
Centre forward also needed though would rather bring a loan player then Defoe.

We shouldn't be writing off players like Phillips after a handful of games in the Premier but then again people were also writing of Austin so it doesn't surprise me

The sooner we get screwed by FFP and get a transfer embargo the better
Players in & out in January on 15:08 - Dec 4 with 1850 viewsNorthernr

Players in & out in January on 15:03 - Dec 4 by Rangersw12

We shouldn't be writing off players like Phillips after a handful of games in the Premier but then again people were also writing of Austin so it doesn't surprise me

I do always think we're a bit of a danger to ourselves when that transfer window is open. Towards the deadline we seem to make signings just for the sake of making them - Maiga, Jenas...
Players in & out in January on 15:14 - Dec 4 with 1843 viewsRecoilboss

"Death to the transfer window and its unceasing human churn, like the opening credits of the World At War where the faces of the dead and the lost appear and then melt away into a kind of viscous human gloop.” Barney Ronay.
Players in & out in January on 15:50 - Dec 4 with 1794 viewsrunningman75

I have not written off Phillips but presume Arry has given his lack of first team action.
Players in & out in January on 16:16 - Dec 4 with 1764 viewsthemodfather

queens park hotspurs will return to their feeder club and go for townsend or lennon, adding to ex spuds boy defoe
no wonder our away kit is white....TO MAKE ALL THE EX SPUDS FEEL AT HOME!
Players in & out in January on 16:59 - Dec 4 with 1724 viewsRangersw12

Players in & out in January on 15:50 - Dec 4 by runningman75

I have not written off Phillips but presume Arry has given his lack of first team action.

Redknapp was going to swap Bale for Downing at one point so I wouldn't trust his judgement !!

Phillips still doesn't look fit to me so maybe a loan but I certainty wouldn't sell him
Players in & out in January on 17:00 - Dec 4 with 1723 viewsPinnerPaul

Players in & out in January on 16:16 - Dec 4 by themodfather

queens park hotspurs will return to their feeder club and go for townsend or lennon, adding to ex spuds boy defoe
no wonder our away kit is white....TO MAKE ALL THE EX SPUDS FEEL AT HOME!

Starting 11 not excactly over flowing with them to be fair.
Players in & out in January on 17:21 - Dec 4 with 1691 viewsadhoc_qpr

I wouldn't write him off but given just how poor Phillips has been in his last couple of appearances, we can't rely on him either!

It's clear Harry isn't interesting in coaching/improving players, so if Phillips can't sort himself out we might as well loan him out to see if a better coaching setup in the Championship can re-ignite his form.
Login to get fewer ads

Players in & out in January on 18:23 - Dec 4 with 1648 viewsBklynRanger

I'd like to see us go in for Jordon Mutch. Currently on big wages but would give us an added dimension*

Failing that I'd like us to buy based on nationality. We've already achieved my dream of buying someone Dutch, with staggering (literally staggering all over the place) effects. Now I'd like to see an Eastern European flying machine on the wing, ideally Georgian. Also a young Right Back, possibly from Paraguay. We're only going to fcuk up on the buying the forward thing so I have no hopes at all on that. Unless he's an eskimo, that would be a coup.

*I have no idea what that dimension is
Players in & out in January on 18:32 - Dec 4 with 1636 viewspomanjou

We need two striker/poachers.

Get rid of rio and swp at any price.

Out with BArton and his £70k a week to any mug who will take him.

Send the whole squad to the marines or paras training camps to build fitness and character.

Engage Usain Bolt to speed things up.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Players in & out in January on 23:39 - Dec 4 with 1498 viewsPunteR

Podolski a good shout. Don't mind Crouchy either. I thought a bid for Ricky Lambert was worth a shout but we're more likely get Balotelli now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players in & out in January on 00:37 - Dec 5 with 1480 viewsHunterhoop

Players in & out in January on 11:11 - Dec 4 by Jeff

[Ned not good enough...]

...I can hear HunterHoop hulking up for a keyboard rant from here...

Hehe...too busy today. Only just seen this. Will not bite to such a ludicrous comment.

I genuinely don't want us to sign or sell anyone. Make do with what we've got. Coach, develop and manage what we've got. Build an understanding amongst the squad, familiarity, trust.

If there's one thing we've learnt from the premier league it's that signing players is NOT the answer. In fact, more often than not, it's been the problem, both financially and playing wise.

Of course, we all know we'll get Crouchy and/or Defoe.
Players in & out in January on 00:38 - Dec 5 with 1480 viewsHunterhoop

Players in & out in January on 12:54 - Dec 4 by Bluce_Ree

Sell Austin for like 9m to Liverpool in January. He'll play 5-7 games this year, scoring zero goals.

Appease the fans with Defoe who'll play 2 or 3 times before the pace of the Prem gets to him and he ends up being the new SWP anyway.

We go down pitifully with a perfect away record.

Relegated to the Conference for FFP breaches. Tony refuses to take the blame and does a massive flounce on Twitter. QPR is forced to fold as it turns out that SWP is on a contract for life and so costs more than our entire budget.

QPR are reborn as AFC West London Rangers like we're from an football videogame with no official licenses and Karl Ready returns to manage us.

Vinny Jones options the rights to make a movie about the whole thing. It is simply titled 'C*nts' and goes on to win awards at Cannes, making him a trillionaire and the most respected director in Hollywood.

Also, can I add, post of the week right there!
Players in & out in January on 03:36 - Dec 5 with 1466 viewsQPR_ARG

Bring in Teófilo Gutiérrez (River Plate Colombian international) and see the number of goals we score, increase. Or at least have a proper goalscorer in case Charlie misses time.

Can't let January pass without getting a good CB too. At the moment, it's Caulker + one. And that "one" needs improving. Much as I like Dunne, I'd feel better with a stronger option there.

Also...there's no creativity. Vargas is playing out of his natural position and even though he's not doing a bad job, he'd be far more effective playing a bit higher up the pitch.

I have lost any hope of dumping SWP, but that'd be the single most celebrated move if QPR manages it.
Players in & out in January on 09:03 - Dec 5 with 1406 viewsBlue_Castello

Players in & out in January on 00:37 - Dec 5 by Hunterhoop

Hehe...too busy today. Only just seen this. Will not bite to such a ludicrous comment.

I genuinely don't want us to sign or sell anyone. Make do with what we've got. Coach, develop and manage what we've got. Build an understanding amongst the squad, familiarity, trust.

If there's one thing we've learnt from the premier league it's that signing players is NOT the answer. In fact, more often than not, it's been the problem, both financially and playing wise.

Of course, we all know we'll get Crouchy and/or Defoe.

WOW - Truly amazed at some of the posts in this thread from people who genuinely want to sack Redknapp and or Fernandes (delete applicable)
Apparently in another thread we have to sack Fernandes for total mismanagement and getting the club into so much debt, but now we're advocating more debt. Everybody knows the extent of our debt which will have only increased with the latest accounts and the impending FFP fine or potential court case will not be cheap.

We should be sticking by one of Clive's mantras and that is "not more blood" , when will we stop buying and learn to manage / coach the current squad. If we get relegated how much extra debt will the January sales have added to the spreadsheet. Surely people can see that the Sandrose transfer should have been the last straw, that was a total waste of 6-10 million , just to keep Harry happy.

I agree with Hunter we need to work with the squad we have, the exception for me would be to get a couple of good loans for 2 strikers, Bobby can't keep going much longer and an injury then to either Vargas or Austin leaves us with 1 striker.

How about starting a campaign for the board to NOT buy any more players.

PS....alternatively we can waste shed loads more money on transfers, how much do you think Norwich would take us for if we started bartering for Redmond, there's a good player in Philips somewhere, coach him and get the best out of him.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 9:09]
Players in & out in January on 09:33 - Dec 5 with 1394 viewsadhoc_qpr

Players in & out in January on 09:03 - Dec 5 by Blue_Castello

WOW - Truly amazed at some of the posts in this thread from people who genuinely want to sack Redknapp and or Fernandes (delete applicable)
Apparently in another thread we have to sack Fernandes for total mismanagement and getting the club into so much debt, but now we're advocating more debt. Everybody knows the extent of our debt which will have only increased with the latest accounts and the impending FFP fine or potential court case will not be cheap.

We should be sticking by one of Clive's mantras and that is "not more blood" , when will we stop buying and learn to manage / coach the current squad. If we get relegated how much extra debt will the January sales have added to the spreadsheet. Surely people can see that the Sandrose transfer should have been the last straw, that was a total waste of 6-10 million , just to keep Harry happy.

I agree with Hunter we need to work with the squad we have, the exception for me would be to get a couple of good loans for 2 strikers, Bobby can't keep going much longer and an injury then to either Vargas or Austin leaves us with 1 striker.

PS....alternatively we can waste shed loads more money on transfers, how much do you think Norwich would take us for if we started bartering for Redmond, there's a good player in Philips somewhere, coach him and get the best out of him.

I agree with your underlying point BUT surely this thread is full of posters saying we don't want to spend or sign many players?

The squad is unbalanced due to the bizarre sale of Simpson and the shortage upfront (Zamora can't play week, in week out).

If we can address that balance effectively and for the right price/wage (i.e. not the boy Defoe) then great.

Also Harry (away record this year plus overall prem record appalling) and Tony (run the club to the brink of financial ruin and a general laughing stock) have both done dreadful jobs in the main, if you could offer me a viable alternative i'd love to be rid of them tomorrow...
Players in & out in January on 11:09 - Dec 5 with 1365 viewsjohncharles

What really frightens me is Harry with the cheque book in January. There's a fair chance that we will be beyond saving by then so please don't let him do anymore damage.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 11:10]

Strong and stable my arse.

Players in & out in January on 11:24 - Dec 5 with 1331 viewsPommyhoop

Players in & out in January on 09:03 - Dec 5 by Blue_Castello

'' when will we stop buying and learn to manage / coach the current squad''
>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When Tony and H have finally f'cked off and are distant memories.
Probably in the conference due to FFP .Will please some of you hard corers but us expats will have to go back to boring the tits off our off spring and mates with stories and videos. VHS FFS..
GGRRR..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Players in & out in January on 13:58 - Dec 5 with 1267 viewsheadhoops

Players in & out in January on 23:39 - Dec 4 by PunteR

Podolski a good shout. Don't mind Crouchy either. I thought a bid for Ricky Lambert was worth a shout but we're more likely get Balotelli now.

I would take Balotelli.

I would also take crouchy. We will get and be lumbered with Defoe.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Players in & out in January on 14:15 - Dec 5 with 1254 viewsrsonist

Podolski is a superb player on his day but also the spoilt brat to end them all. Twice as bad as Adel supposedly is.
Players in & out in January on 14:40 - Dec 5 with 1231 viewsLoft1979

Players in & out in January on 14:28 - Dec 4 by rsonist

Defoe, Crouch, Scott Sinclair, triffic lads.

There'd be no point signing Ings even if he were available because he already showed at Burnley that he can't play at his best with Charlie. Same reason we shouldn't be investing so much in Defoe.

Thing is we have been linked and been making moves to get powerful and pacey forwards for a long time now. Zapata, Sigthorsson, Ntep, Erdinc. So there would seem to be some vague awareness of what's needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to pull a Remy again and go back into the French market for Ntep, who is proving himself to be a very talented conceited nutjob this year, and Andre Ayew who seems to play all over the place without excelling anywhere - perfect tombola material.

Asamoah Gyan on loan sounds like something Arry would fancy.

Wickham is a waste and doesn't deserve any kind of big money move but OTOH there are so many wasted English talents and you kind of want to believe they can be rehabilitated. Also see Nick Powell, that nice lad Ravel. (I would still buy Ravel, God help me).

Not really possible to do proper investment in and restructuring of defence and central midfield in January so Kalas on loan should be fine. He should be able to do a job across the backline, he might even be brilliant if his reputation is to be believed.

terrific Thread, lots of fun. 14 games and QPR really should be shot. We started the preseason with a squad that was a farce. As is stated, we still have SWP, Hill, Adel etc in our 25 who are hardly gameday options. The fact we are in touch and improving is noteworthy. The additional fact very expensive players SWP & Adel (and Rio) are 6 months from being off the wage bill is also exciting. I love the players in the original post. I think mings could well make sense, just as we brought in Mccarthy. Teo has been linked too, he sounds like a good shout ditto the italian from Juventus. Or Ayew who was in the house in August. another shout out for Lassana Diarra as (needed) cover for Sandro.

I expect SWP, Hill, JR, posibly Adel and Phillips to drop out of the squad with 4 coming in.
Players in & out in January on 10:51 - Dec 6 with 1133 viewsBlue_Castello

Players in & out in January on 09:33 - Dec 5 by adhoc_qpr

I agree with your underlying point BUT surely this thread is full of posters saying we don't want to spend or sign many players?

The squad is unbalanced due to the bizarre sale of Simpson and the shortage upfront (Zamora can't play week, in week out).

If we can address that balance effectively and for the right price/wage (i.e. not the boy Defoe) then great.

Also Harry (away record this year plus overall prem record appalling) and Tony (run the club to the brink of financial ruin and a general laughing stock) have both done dreadful jobs in the main, if you could offer me a viable alternative i'd love to be rid of them tomorrow...

That's the problem though there are a couple of imbalances with the squad and suddenly we want to use the January sales to save us from relegation.

Lots of people are suggesting we purchase some of the best Championship players available, they will not be cheap, most will cost in the region of 10 million, the transfer of McCormack to Fulham set a very unhealthy precedent. The January sales are not cut price deals, they are purchases by clubs who are starting to panic and every selling club will hold us to ransom..

I obviously agree we need to address any imbalance cost effectively, it's just how much are we prepared to spend on the gamble for survival.

Surely for the future "sanity" of all Rs fans please don't give Harry an open cheque book and tell him he can only have loans till the end of the season.

If we waste a small fortune on Defoe I will genuinely want to insert my season ticket up Harry's....!!!!!!....
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 10:55]
Players in & out in January on 12:03 - Dec 6 with 1109 viewsbosh67

Ins Strikers!

Jordan Rhodes for £8.8m good move.
Danny Maguire in from Blyth Spartans for £150K - future move (Charlie Austin 2 in the making)
Troy Deeney for £4.5m good move .

£13m gets us 2 very good strikers alongside Charlie.

Others - Get Ehmer (defence), Doughty (midfield) and Sutherland (midfield) back.

Outs

Rio (seemed a good idea, hasn't been)
SWP (enough said but must be convinced to go to the MLS)
Adel (sadly time to move him on as he costs £60K a week not to play for us)

Saving in weekly wages circa £170K!!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players in & out in January on 14:13 - Dec 6 with 1063 viewsLowerloftLad

We could sign messi and still be a bottom 5 side in the premier league

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Players in & out in January on 17:19 - Dec 6 with 1013 viewsrsonist

Oh I forgot about Lassana Diarra. Yeah that's probably nailed on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024