Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Cricket 16:35 - Apr 13 with 5464 viewstoboboly

Dear Lord this just gets worse and worse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/32041926

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

England Cricket on 16:40 - Apr 13 with 3606 viewsHayesender

The worst two test playing nations trying to outshit each other

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England Cricket on 16:47 - Apr 13 with 3594 viewstoboboly

England Cricket on 16:40 - Apr 13 by Hayesender

The worst two test playing nations trying to outshit each other

I don't think we have much competition in the shitness stakes. Why bother putting Tortt back into the team and then sticking him in as an opener? Is that really the best we can think of? Aussies are gonna destroy us when we mince in to play them.

England Cricket on 16:49 - Apr 13 with 3589 viewsRangersw12

Typical negative selection in picking Tredwell instead of Rashid and Trott to open instead of Lyth.

Part of me hopes we lose so Moores & Cook will get sacked
England Cricket on 16:50 - Apr 13 with 3581 viewstoboboly

England Cricket on 16:49 - Apr 13 by Rangersw12

Typical negative selection in picking Tredwell instead of Rashid and Trott to open instead of Lyth.

Part of me hopes we lose so Moores & Cook will get sacked

Maybe get Cook to play some county cricket and if he performs bring him back but not as captain? Agree about Tredwell, don't know much about Lyth but someone else mentioned him and it does make you wonder what you have to do to get an opportunity at Test level.

England Cricket on 16:57 - Apr 13 with 3565 viewskropotkin41

Any chance we can cancel the Ashes............ it's going to be a fekin long summer if we get relegated AND England get utterly smashed by the Aussies.

Better make sure we don't get relegated!!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

England Cricket on 17:05 - Apr 13 with 3547 viewsRangersw12

England Cricket on 16:50 - Apr 13 by toboboly

Maybe get Cook to play some county cricket and if he performs bring him back but not as captain? Agree about Tredwell, don't know much about Lyth but someone else mentioned him and it does make you wonder what you have to do to get an opportunity at Test level.

He certainly needs to be sacked as captain but I'm not advocating Cook out of the team but it really could become an issue if he doesn't score some runs soon

Lyth averaged 70 last year in CC so surely deserves a chance and at 27 isn't exactly a youngster so you might as well play him as no point taking him for the experience at his age and the same with Rashid
England Cricket on 17:09 - Apr 13 with 3539 viewsElHoop

Moores must go - and I don't think that it will be a long wait. Hopefully we'll have a new manager and captain before we get thrown to the Aussies.

Windies have just appointed Phil Simmons, who did a great job with Ireland, so they'll be up for this series against a very feeble looking England.
England Cricket on 17:25 - Apr 13 with 3501 viewsheadhoops

Moores - LOL - the cricketing equivalent of Redknapp.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

England Cricket on 18:42 - Apr 13 with 3418 viewsBlackCrowe

England Cricket on 16:50 - Apr 13 by toboboly

But who to replace him. Root will make a fine captain and it's undoubtedly his destiny but it's at least a year too soon imo.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England Cricket on 18:45 - Apr 13 with 3410 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 18:42 - Apr 13 by BlackCrowe

But who to replace him. Root will make a fine captain and it's undoubtedly his destiny but it's at least a year too soon imo.

That's the trouble - you could end up trashing Root as well if you are not careful. But if they go for Vaughan as the 'director of cricket' and with a few other Yorkshiremen hopefully coming into the side, it might not feel too alien for Root.
England Cricket on 20:31 - Apr 13 with 3306 viewswillis1980

England Cricket on 18:45 - Apr 13 by ElHoop

That's the trouble - you could end up trashing Root as well if you are not careful. But if they go for Vaughan as the 'director of cricket' and with a few other Yorkshiremen hopefully coming into the side, it might not feel too alien for Root.

I agree re. Moores and cook. Dull and unadventurous. Things looking on the up on day one though 201/3 and a rr of 3.33
England Cricket on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 3152 viewsTheChef

Not too bad. Given the awful start, good thing that Bell and Root still know how to bat.

Don't understand the selection of Trott as opener. Lyth is there so why not give him a go? Also whatever happened to James Taylor? I didn't think he did so badly in the past but he seems to have been forgotten/ignored.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England Cricket on 09:40 - Apr 14 with 3143 viewsElHoop

Bell doesn't inspire me though - he looks far too slow these days - he should have got on top of the bowling in the end. Against a decent attack he'll get even more bogged down. Stokes impressive again. Why on earth he didn't go to Australia/NZ I'll never know - would have been right up his street.

Will be interesting to see how Buttler bats when he comes in and then how Samuels/Chanderpaul do against our attack.
England Cricket on 10:08 - Apr 14 with 3120 viewstoboboly

England Cricket on 20:31 - Apr 13 by willis1980

I agree re. Moores and cook. Dull and unadventurous. Things looking on the up on day one though 201/3 and a rr of 3.33

A very good recovery but I worry about us against a decent team.

England Cricket on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 3020 viewstoboboly

2 wickets down already. Sigh.

England Cricket on 15:56 - Apr 14 with 2996 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 15:38 - Apr 14 by toboboly

2 wickets down already. Sigh.

Roach does a Blakey.
England Cricket on 16:00 - Apr 14 with 2991 viewstoboboly

Buttler gone for a duck. Interesting to see how our bowlers will do against the Windies.

England Cricket on 16:13 - Apr 14 with 2981 viewstoboboly

And broad. Jesus wept.

England Cricket on 16:20 - Apr 14 with 2973 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 16:00 - Apr 14 by toboboly

Buttler gone for a duck. Interesting to see how our bowlers will do against the Windies.

Windies don't have a lot of batting. Bravo, Samuels and Chanderpaul have to get them although Holder can give it a biff.
England Cricket on 16:27 - Apr 14 with 2966 viewstoboboly

England Cricket on 16:20 - Apr 14 by ElHoop

Windies don't have a lot of batting. Bravo, Samuels and Chanderpaul have to get them although Holder can give it a biff.

Meant more that Anderson et al haven't pulled up many trees in recent series and our fielding is pretty poor nowadays.

England Cricket on 16:40 - Apr 14 with 2959 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 16:27 - Apr 14 by toboboly

Meant more that Anderson et al haven't pulled up many trees in recent series and our fielding is pretty poor nowadays.

Jordan ought to bowl well here - almost a home game for him.
England Cricket on 16:42 - Apr 14 with 2957 viewsdaveB

Broad has gone as a batsmen, god help him against Johnson this summer. Baffling why Trott came back as well, the top order is far too defensive
England Cricket on 16:47 - Apr 14 with 2953 viewsdanehoop

Jordan and Anderson giving some respectability to the score, but christ on bike, 4 easy wickets through the middle of the batting order. Good recovery from the hole they found themselves in, but still 50-100 short of what it could/should have been.

Just hope that bowling line up delivers. If Broard continues to play as poorly as he has you have to wonder why he is keeping his place. Poor with the bat and at best inconsistent with his bowling.

Never knowingly understood

England Cricket on 13:18 - Apr 15 with 2869 viewsstan4england

KP for captain - simples!
England Cricket on 20:29 - Apr 15 with 2819 viewsElHoop

Cook and Trott fail again. This can't go on. We'll be a laughing stock. I think that they both have to go, but the problem of captain will of course surface. Bring back Moeen if he's fit and Lyth has to get a game. To make Root captain AND opener seems a very hard task, but what's the alternative?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024