Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Defence 17:13 - Oct 10 with 16544 views1907

Is the worst we've had in many a year. How Ollie Lancashire got a shirt today I will never know. It's absolutely pathetic. Sort it ou Keith before it costs us dear!
This Defence on 17:26 - Oct 10 with 8956 viewsThe_DJ

11 goals conceded in the last 4 games after a great start when 7 were conceded in the first 8 games.
Clearly a worry. Perhaps it's time to play last seasons best defender to sort out our major problem defending set pieces.
This Defence on 17:32 - Oct 10 with 8889 views442Dale

Lancashire did alright today but the goals all came down his side if the defence. The two mistakes at RB can also be attributed to not being narrow enough between full back and centre half. We just don't look comfortable with Lancashire in the side right now.

The zonal marking at set pieces was working, now it's not and you can almost see them hoping someone from the opposition doesn't win a header.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This Defence on 17:36 - Oct 10 with 8841 viewsisitme

I would echo 442's sentiments. Lancashire played okay today. Two poor pieces of positional play caught us out for their first two goals.

A plea to Hill please abandon the zonal marking at set pieces as it is not working.
This Defence on 17:43 - Oct 10 with 8763 viewsrich_dale

Never liked zonal defending. It's an old adage but space doesn't score goals, men do. When it's not done well you can have umpteen players on the six yard line but all failing to attack the ball, a la Shrews first goal the other week. To do it well it has to be somebody's job to always attack the ball.
This Defence on 17:44 - Oct 10 with 8746 viewsdingdangblue

I cant believe we lost to Sheffield Utd - we normally do so well against them.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

This Defence on 17:48 - Oct 10 with 8694 views1907

This Defence on 17:44 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

That's the way. Stick your head in the sand and pretend everything's hunky dory. We should have gotten something from that game, yet because of stupid individual errors again, conceding three goals in a game again and persistently playing the likes of Lancashire (who clearly isn't good enough) and Cannon (who clearly isn't a RB) we have lost AGAIN!
This Defence on 17:49 - Oct 10 with 8684 views1mark1

Looking at the goals on SkySN, all the three goals looked poor to concede. I couldn't make out who was to blame, but in each case their player had a lot of room.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

This Defence on 17:50 - Oct 10 with 8676 viewsisitme

Rafferty was culpable for the second.

Cannon will be a very good right back but he is young and will make mistakes.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 17:51]
Login to get fewer ads

This Defence on 17:52 - Oct 10 with 8636 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 17:48 - Oct 10 by 1907

That's the way. Stick your head in the sand and pretend everything's hunky dory. We should have gotten something from that game, yet because of stupid individual errors again, conceding three goals in a game again and persistently playing the likes of Lancashire (who clearly isn't good enough) and Cannon (who clearly isn't a RB) we have lost AGAIN!

Look on the brightside - at least we didn't lose at home to Crewe.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

This Defence on 17:52 - Oct 10 with 8633 viewsRalphs12

This Defence on 17:44 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

It's not about us losing its the way we are doing it. Our own worst enemy.
This Defence on 17:54 - Oct 10 with 8615 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This Defence on 17:50 - Oct 10 by isitme

Rafferty was culpable for the second.

Cannon will be a very good right back but he is young and will make mistakes.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 17:51]

........make him sit in the Nawty Corner!
This Defence on 17:58 - Oct 10 with 8567 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 17:52 - Oct 10 by Ralphs12

It's not about us losing its the way we are doing it. Our own worst enemy.

You expected points today?

This Defence on 18:01 - Oct 10 with 8538 viewsDannyG_RAFC

I'm fed up of this now, Surely it's only a matter of time before Lancashire gets f****d off out the side,11 goals in the past four league games, means a change of defence is needed, Lancashire Lund rafferty and Lillis just aren't good enough for an aspirational league one side, we all know that right now that this season is probably our best shot at getting into the championship therefore key changes need to be made and hill needs to stop picking favourites
This Defence on 18:05 - Oct 10 with 8493 viewsisitme

Not sure what Lillis or Lund have done wrong today?

I thought Lund was our best player.
This Defence on 18:07 - Oct 10 with 8469 viewssince58

This Defence on 17:52 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

Look on the brightside - at least we didn't lose at home to Crewe.

good job we wernt at home today then with our defence.
This Defence on 18:08 - Oct 10 with 8462 viewsD_Alien

It's pretty simple really. Eastham proved himself last season and Lancashire only got into the side due to Eastham being injured. We've been shipping goals and Hilly bottled it today. Eastham should've started, no excuses.

Even less excuse to hang young players out to dry. Against Sheff Utd away last season, Rafferty had a nightmare first half and was duly substituted. All well and good. Why make an example of Cannon then? Not just today, but through previous public remarks. I admire Hill's tenure at Dale but his treatment of Cannon is beyond the pale. Absolute shite man management - and yes, I've managed people. Hill's absolutely ruining the lad's confidence, almost as a scapegoat for his own indecision in bringing back a better player in Eastham, once fit.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This Defence on 18:09 - Oct 10 with 8433 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 18:01 - Oct 10 by DannyG_RAFC

I'm fed up of this now, Surely it's only a matter of time before Lancashire gets f****d off out the side,11 goals in the past four league games, means a change of defence is needed, Lancashire Lund rafferty and Lillis just aren't good enough for an aspirational league one side, we all know that right now that this season is probably our best shot at getting into the championship therefore key changes need to be made and hill needs to stop picking favourites

Why the urgency to get into the Championship this season? I dont think anyone at the club is expecting or predicting this?

This Defence on 18:11 - Oct 10 with 8405 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 18:07 - Oct 10 by since58

good job we wernt at home today then with our defence.

Yeah because Crewe at home is a very similar fixture to Sheffield Utd away.

This Defence on 18:12 - Oct 10 with 8393 views1907

Really don't understand the Lazarus substitution either. The most frustrating thing for me is coming away from that ground knowing we've given a good account of ourselves going forward yet somehow we've lost. All because our defence is a disgrace. It's not even fit to be labelled a defence. I'm shocked that Hill is just letting this farce continue.
This Defence on 18:18 - Oct 10 with 8340 views442Dale

I'd like to see the goals again, but for the second Rafferty's positioning appeared indicative of a RB who thinks he might have to cover his CH. It's those small things around trusting those alongside you that make all the difference.

We played well enough for a point today. That we didn't get it was nothing to do with the opposition, Sheff Utd will admit they were grateful to win.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This Defence on 18:19 - Oct 10 with 8335 viewssince58

This Defence on 18:11 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

Yeah because Crewe at home is a very similar fixture to Sheffield Utd away.

why .???
This Defence on 18:46 - Oct 10 with 8182 viewsroccydaleian

Highlights on here hopefully
http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11765/10022705/watch-league-one-two-
This Defence on 18:59 - Oct 10 with 8095 viewsRalphs12

This Defence on 17:58 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

You expected points today?

Thats by the by, what I don't expect is to get back into the game and not once but twice allow the opposing team to get a goal back within minutes. Just like at Milwall, we have conceded after scoring too often. But yeah its ok because Sheff Utd are a big club eh?
This Defence on 19:03 - Oct 10 with 8050 viewsTalkingSutty

This Defence on 17:49 - Oct 10 by 1mark1

Looking at the goals on SkySN, all the three goals looked poor to concede. I couldn't make out who was to blame, but in each case their player had a lot of room.

Listening to radio Sheffield on the way home Adkins stated he knew we used zonal marking at corner kicks and they had practiced to exploit it....and they did.

Decent performance overall and I liked the look of Mendez Laing, Alessandra and Lund but ultimately it was all wasted because we are consistently shooting ourselves in the foot, it shows no signs of improvement unfortunately.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 19:05]
This Defence on 19:03 - Oct 10 with 8045 viewsRalphs12

This Defence on 18:08 - Oct 10 by D_Alien

It's pretty simple really. Eastham proved himself last season and Lancashire only got into the side due to Eastham being injured. We've been shipping goals and Hilly bottled it today. Eastham should've started, no excuses.

Even less excuse to hang young players out to dry. Against Sheff Utd away last season, Rafferty had a nightmare first half and was duly substituted. All well and good. Why make an example of Cannon then? Not just today, but through previous public remarks. I admire Hill's tenure at Dale but his treatment of Cannon is beyond the pale. Absolute shite man management - and yes, I've managed people. Hill's absolutely ruining the lad's confidence, almost as a scapegoat for his own indecision in bringing back a better player in Eastham, once fit.

I agree with some of you Cannon comments but I felt he was on his way towards getting a red today, so the substitution was right in my opinion. Cannons reaction wasn't great either.

Also, why are we bringing every single man back for corners... just invites pressure onto us should we clear it.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 19:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024