Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF 23:35 - Oct 19 with 6199 viewsBrightonhoop

Never thought I'd post this, but is it time for him to sell up and go?

Midas touch in reverse, full circle, alot of questionable debt, 2 relegations, HR and Hughes. It's like a Santas Xmas list so I wont go on.

For me he has exhausted his opportunities. For the love of God Tony, go. Please. Find a suitable buyer. And go.
TF on 00:16 - Oct 20 with 4966 viewseccles

As hard as it is to believe, but there are worse owners out there than uncle Tone. Cardiff, Leeds, Blackpool, rah rah tigers and Newcastle just off the top of my head.
A suitable buyer may not necessarily be an easy thing to find.
I know that my love for this crackpot club knows no bounds but even if I was a multi-billionaire I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's barge pole!
Which begs a question.
How much do you think we're worth? What figure would the owners accept?
TF on 00:37 - Oct 20 with 4950 viewsBrightonhoop

TF on 00:16 - Oct 20 by eccles

As hard as it is to believe, but there are worse owners out there than uncle Tone. Cardiff, Leeds, Blackpool, rah rah tigers and Newcastle just off the top of my head.
A suitable buyer may not necessarily be an easy thing to find.
I know that my love for this crackpot club knows no bounds but even if I was a multi-billionaire I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's barge pole!
Which begs a question.
How much do you think we're worth? What figure would the owners accept?

Possibly a Jeffrey Archer. In real terms how do you measure Uncle Tones calamity for several winters? Even a late bus in the grip of a grim London winter turns up. One day.
TF on 05:12 - Oct 20 with 4873 viewsDorse

Tone's biggest problem is that he likes the spotlight. I'm not sure why he feels the need to make comments that can be construed as promises. The 'dream manager' comment is a perfect example: he was clearly referring to someone other than Ramsey whose appointment never came off. Now he's made a stick with which to beat himself and Ramsey.

In general terms, he's been a decent owner but, in his own words, he's had his pants pulled down too often and this makes him appear foolish. Hughes and Redknapp sold him several transfer window's worth of Emperor's New Clothes and this didn't help his public perception so he wades in on social media, makes big 'promises' again and the whole sordid story continues.

If he would just keep quiet from time to time it would be much would criticise him personally. Now, the debt levels etc? That's another issue.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 5:14]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

TF on 06:04 - Oct 20 with 4851 viewsLadbrokeR

Wasn't the term having your pants pulled down coined by Harry. It doesn't really matter as the person it was happening to was certainly Fernandes.
TF on 06:57 - Oct 20 with 4808 viewssimmohoopster

Tony has been a rubbish owner. We are a poorly run club. The only reason the fanbase is so tolerant is that he is miles better than the previous owners. I would not be sorry to see him go if we had an owner like Parish at Palace come into the club.
TF on 08:15 - Oct 20 with 4716 viewsblacky200

I can jut see the advert on eBay.

Mid table championship football club for sale. Debts in excess of 200 million but with the best squad in the league. New manager so not on a high salary if you want to sack him. Sought after west London location. Any assets worth buying will be sold prior to sale or leave on a free at the end of the season.

£50 million ONO
TF on 08:16 - Oct 20 with 4710 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A year into Captain Titanic's stewardship, it was apparent he was clueless.

His ego and naivety have been our undoing and as was evident with his time at Caterham, Tony seems to think he knows best. When he arrived, knowing nothing about football, he really should have got someone in to guide him or better still, run it.

The lack of institutional football knowledge at this club for the first three years was a joke. Added to this, he has learned nothing during his time here and the highpoint of this man's utter incompetence, of the many, was his appointing CR one day and then tweeting about a dream manager coming at the end of the season.

After a rather nondescript few months in charge, Tony's dream was to reappoint CR, and for three (3) years!! Although, to be fair, I think Rubin might have started making the calls at or around this time.

People forget that while he has saddled us with £200m plus worth of debt, he has also squandered four years of the highest income we've received into our coffers. I am sure more accountant savvy posters than I could confirm, but in view of gate receipts, TV money and sponsorship, we've probably spunked a good few hundred million as well.

Tony Fernandes inherited the incompetence that had started to germinate at QPR ever since Chris Wright, he's just been the manure to make it grow out of all proportion. The fact that we mention him in the same terms as Goldberg and Ridsdale says it all.

I do not subscribe to this 'he cares' nonsense merely because he says so on twitter and buys some beers for fans before games. He has been nothing short of a disaster for QPR and the sooner he is removed from having any sort of input into any decisions, the better. For clearly, he has got precious little right since he came here.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

TF on 08:19 - Oct 20 with 4708 viewsMvpeter

He quite simply has never made a good decision.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Login to get fewer ads

TF on 08:22 - Oct 20 with 4703 viewskingsburyR

I'm in the minority here.

We have a naive chairman who is prepared to put his hand in the pocket.

Guys like that do not grow on trees and although we're not in great shape it would be a lot worse with other guys in charge (Leeds?)

So me I'm happy with TF staying put.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

TF on 09:24 - Oct 20 with 4626 viewsSomersetHoops

Yes he has made mistakes, but he has paid for them and with his partners is prepared to cover the debt. It is a long learning curve and I believe he has started to learn that he needs advice from people who know football. I know it doesn't undo the big mistakes he has made, but his intentions were good and he still supports the club. If the fans turn on him he has the power and resources to ruin the club, so I encourage people not to do that.

Who's Next?

TF on 09:36 - Oct 20 with 4597 viewsMytch_QPR

TF on 09:24 - Oct 20 by SomersetHoops

Yes he has made mistakes, but he has paid for them and with his partners is prepared to cover the debt. It is a long learning curve and I believe he has started to learn that he needs advice from people who know football. I know it doesn't undo the big mistakes he has made, but his intentions were good and he still supports the club. If the fans turn on him he has the power and resources to ruin the club, so I encourage people not to do that.

Agree.
All chairmen make mistakes at some point, otherwise all football managers would stay in their jobs more or less permanently.
Sure, TF uses the club as a publicity vehicle - that's a trade off for the millions he has pumped in. Those millions just scraped survival under Mark Hughes and kept together a very costly squad that scraped promotion and a fantastic day at Wembley.
It's all very well talking about alternatives, but who is going to come in and (a) clear the debts, (b) guarantee it is run better.

It's been massively frustrating at times under TF, but rarely boring!

Be careful what you wish for.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

TF on 09:39 - Oct 20 with 4590 viewsDiscodroids

Whenever i clamp eyes on Fernandes i think of the bo selecta bear and his stumpy erection.

i cant explain why , i just do.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 9:40]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

TF on 09:47 - Oct 20 with 4566 viewsMvpeter

TF on 09:36 - Oct 20 by Mytch_QPR

Agree.
All chairmen make mistakes at some point, otherwise all football managers would stay in their jobs more or less permanently.
Sure, TF uses the club as a publicity vehicle - that's a trade off for the millions he has pumped in. Those millions just scraped survival under Mark Hughes and kept together a very costly squad that scraped promotion and a fantastic day at Wembley.
It's all very well talking about alternatives, but who is going to come in and (a) clear the debts, (b) guarantee it is run better.

This is why we can't really do much more than hope he improves.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 9:47]

TF on 09:51 - Oct 20 with 4547 viewsNorthernr

TF on 09:36 - Oct 20 by Mytch_QPR

Agree.

On the "millions pumped in" line, what about the millions taken out?
QPR have been in the Premier League for three of the last four seasons, receiving handsome television payments which could have secured the club's future for decades. We could have built a new training ground which we own quite comfortably with that money. We could have been entirely debt free with cash reserves in the bank for a rainy day. We could have been one of the few clubs with absolutely no financial worries whatsoever.

Instead Fernandes and co have thrown it all away on wnkr footballers to promote their airline.

This post has been edited by an administrator
TF on 09:56 - Oct 20 with 4516 viewslave16

TF on 09:51 - Oct 20 by Northernr

On the "millions pumped in" line, what about the millions taken out?
QPR have been in the Premier League for three of the last four seasons, receiving handsome television payments which could have secured the club's future for decades. We could have built a new training ground which we own quite comfortably with that money. We could have been entirely debt free with cash reserves in the bank for a rainy day. We could have been one of the few clubs with absolutely no financial worries whatsoever.

Instead Fernandes and co have thrown it all away on wnkr footballers to promote their airline.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pre Tony what were we like.... a complete shambles surviving on Fulhams rent at one stage... I like tony and think he is slowly learning and at present is the best option for us. Look at Portsmouth and Leeds for examples of what you could have had....

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

TF on 09:59 - Oct 20 with 4512 viewsNorthernr

TF on 09:56 - Oct 20 by lave16

Pre Tony what were we like.... a complete shambles surviving on Fulhams rent at one stage... I like tony and think he is slowly learning and at present is the best option for us. Look at Portsmouth and Leeds for examples of what you could have had....

And now we're a complete shambles with £200m worth of debt, entirely dependent on a foreign airline owner - you're right, this is much better.
TF on 09:59 - Oct 20 with 4509 viewsSaycey

Spot on Clive. Quarter of a billion in debt and zero to show for it.

The pertinent question for me is why should any potential buyer have to stump up to repay the debt that this board has run up in flights of fancy and incompetence?

Some fans keep saying "Be careful what you wish for". Did any of this wish for this £250m millstone around our necks?
TF on 10:00 - Oct 20 with 4504 viewsDiscodroids

What does Paul warburton of Get West London think??, Does he smile enough and what about his decency factor??

furthermore Fernandes has done nothing on The QPR lgbt supporters group which we so desperately need.

I used to be like the zodiac killer with my letters to Richard Thompson, yet i feel he is twice the chairman the man child savant Fernandes is or ever can be.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

TF on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 4487 viewsMvpeter

TF on 10:00 - Oct 20 by Discodroids

What does Paul warburton of Get West London think??, Does he smile enough and what about his decency factor??

furthermore Fernandes has done nothing on The QPR lgbt supporters group which we so desperately need.

I used to be like the zodiac killer with my letters to Richard Thompson, yet i feel he is twice the chairman the man child savant Fernandes is or ever can be.

Haha I'm guessing you enjoyed his top five reasons. I can't recall any that were related to management but it was a lovely tribute to a wonderful soul.

TF on 10:07 - Oct 20 with 4470 viewsdaveB

TF on 10:00 - Oct 20 by Discodroids

Did you know it was Warburton who wrote the Baggio to QPR story back in the 90's? Always been one to never let facts get in the way of a good story
TF on 10:07 - Oct 20 with 4468 viewsdaveB

Fernandes is a nice guy but a massive part of the problem at QPR, completely clueless and doesn't know what he wants or how to get it
TF on 10:12 - Oct 20 with 4457 viewsJamie

To all intents and purposes he is gone already. The Gnanalingams are in charge now, which probably tells you whose money was being spent.
TF on 10:13 - Oct 20 with 4455 viewsadhoc_qpr

Surely the question is who would buy us?

Only another billionaire looking for a London based football plaything, ignoring our financial dire straights maybe?
TF on 10:21 - Oct 20 with 4434 viewsMytch_QPR

TF on 09:59 - Oct 20 by Saycey

Spot on Clive. Quarter of a billion in debt and zero to show for it.

The pertinent question for me is why should any potential buyer have to stump up to repay the debt that this board has run up in flights of fancy and incompetence?

Some fans keep saying "Be careful what you wish for". Did any of this wish for this £250m millstone around our necks?

No buyer is likely to - TF and the Mittals etc would have to write it off, unless we establish ourselves back in the PL for a couple of seasons.

I'm not saying I like all the big spending - like Clive I find it all a bit crass and can understand how people feel disconnected with the game.

Clive made the point that we have spent 3 out of 4 seasons in the Premier Lge, but we were ill-equipped when we first came up and TF backed Hughes to keep us up (just). He also backed a costly squad that scraped promotion. The point is that he has made some massively costly mistakes but we probably would have spent only one season out of 4 in the PL without the investment.

This opens up an entirely new discussion about whether we want PL football or are happy treading water the Championship(!)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

TF on 10:24 - Oct 20 with 4426 viewsPhilmyRs

Other than the players that have not tried for us and the Managers’ that have failed us, nobody else has done well out of the Tony Fernandes reign. Good intentions or not, the guy has been a failure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024