Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 09:00 - Dec 15 with 27081 viewsaston_hoop

Never done one of these before but its something to do over a strong morning coffee

Right then, I'm going off on a tangent a predicting an overwhelmingly exciting 1-1 draw. Bobby Z to inevitably steal an equaliser for them after Charlie scores for us.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match Thread on 21:53 - Dec 15 with 2547 viewsBklynRanger

Match Thread on 21:07 - Dec 15 by CamberleyR

You give him too much credit Brookers. An international keeper IMO should not be beaten from that sort of range.

I know, no argument there. I just thought it was even more of a howler than it actually was, but still a howler.

I had to stop posting when their second went in because my stream was about 2 minutes behind.

Charlie's second was pure class - manhandled all night and still being manhandled when he put it in.
Match Thread on 21:55 - Dec 15 with 2526 viewskarl

Great game of football, you don't necessarily need quick footballers to play the modern game just get the ball moving. Barcelona have possession down to something like 2.3 seconds each time, we were so much better tonight on not delaying the pass.
Slow stream so not 100% but i thought Konchesky could have gone in a bit lower in the tackle with the keeper to at least see a ricochet/lucky bounce, seemed to ride over it and let him get a full clearance? Nit picking as i thought the team played with good commitment.
Match Thread on 21:57 - Dec 15 with 2500 viewsLoomesy

Really like the way jfh talks to be fair. Would have been very easy to heap praise on Charlie and forget the others efforts. Feel very positive for the first time in a long time.
Match Thread on 21:58 - Dec 15 with 2491 viewsdistortR

Match Thread on 21:55 - Dec 15 by karl

Great game of football, you don't necessarily need quick footballers to play the modern game just get the ball moving. Barcelona have possession down to something like 2.3 seconds each time, we were so much better tonight on not delaying the pass.
Slow stream so not 100% but i thought Konchesky could have gone in a bit lower in the tackle with the keeper to at least see a ricochet/lucky bounce, seemed to ride over it and let him get a full clearance? Nit picking as i thought the team played with good commitment.

nit picking, winkle picking, you'll burn out mate!
Match Thread on 21:59 - Dec 15 with 2477 viewsA40Bosh

I would have clapped us off at 1-2 on effort and heart alone. Great to see the fight in the team tonight. Great atmosphere once we pulled the first one back.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Match Thread on 22:03 - Dec 15 with 2423 viewsLoomesy

Hughton.. 'Possible booking'?! Come on Chris lucky not a straight red!!!
Match Thread on 22:04 - Dec 15 with 2415 viewskarl

Match Thread on 21:58 - Dec 15 by distortR

nit picking, winkle picking, you'll burn out mate!

I was on the beach tonight, these spoilt footballers don't know the half of it!
Freezing last night but loads of them, warmer tonight and and slim pickings. Little b*ggers
Match Thread on 22:06 - Dec 15 with 2380 viewsJamie

Match Thread on 21:49 - Dec 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus, you're a pity. You're the man that sees black in the seven bright colours of the rainbow.

As is too often the case, 10 commendable outfield performances undermined by an incompetent keeper.

More rickets than an 18th century orthopaedist.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 22:07 - Dec 15 with 2373 viewsdistortR

Match Thread on 22:04 - Dec 15 by karl

I was on the beach tonight, these spoilt footballers don't know the half of it!
Freezing last night but loads of them, warmer tonight and and slim pickings. Little b*ggers

maybe they've posted lookouts? done a deal with the crabs, who carry them to safety when they see the grim winkler approaching. What's in it for the crabs i can't tell you yet, i'll look into it for you mate.
Match Thread on 22:15 - Dec 15 with 2295 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Thread on 22:06 - Dec 15 by Jamie

As is too often the case, 10 commendable outfield performances undermined by an incompetent keeper.

More rickets than an 18th century orthopaedist.

Listen, Happy, no-one's disagreeing with you. But tonight had so many positives and you're stuck in a campaign against the one player who let himself down.

Cheer up a bit, and stop congratulating yourself for having said "I told you so". You're not the only person to notice Green's form.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Match Thread on 22:17 - Dec 15 with 2279 viewsHayesender

I like Chris Houghton, but he's let himself down tonight comparing the Lewis Dunk challenge to the Sandro one in the first half

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Match Thread on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 2241 viewsRangersw12

Really enjoyed that , hard work and trying to play football could easily get used to this !

Only thing I would change is give Luongo or Cery a chance in Fer's position who was poor again tonight
Match Thread on 22:23 - Dec 15 with 2206 viewskysersosaqpr

Just watched game in pub in Kinsale. Fellow paddies thought I was mad jumping around like loony for last 20 mins. So proud of all 11 - their second goal took ever so slight deflection off hall and spin beat green (watch it again).
Uuurrrrrrssss

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Match Thread on 22:38 - Dec 15 with 2115 viewsQPR1882

Match Thread on 21:45 - Dec 15 by Jamie

Once again a case of what might have been if we had a competent goalkeeper.

Harsh,very harsh. I thought at 1st it was Greens fault until they show it from the view of the Brighton player. The QPR defender was blocking Greens view and then jumped out of the way at the last second, The speed and dip on the ball made it very hard for Green to see after it went past the defender.
Match Thread on 22:43 - Dec 15 with 2088 viewsterryb

I think passion is the correct word for us tonight!

Illness stopped me being at The Bush, but I envy every one of our supporters that witnessed us tonight.

Thank you to Sky for allowing me to see the game!
Match Thread on 22:44 - Dec 15 with 2076 viewsDiscodroids

Match Thread on 22:43 - Dec 15 by terryb

I think passion is the correct word for us tonight!

Illness stopped me being at The Bush, but I envy every one of our supporters that witnessed us tonight.

Thank you to Sky for allowing me to see the game!

get well soon tel.

not good for the blood pressure is it !

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Match Thread on 22:51 - Dec 15 with 2047 viewsterryb

Match Thread on 22:44 - Dec 15 by Discodroids

get well soon tel.

not good for the blood pressure is it !

Actually disco, it was one of my calmer watching days! Thank you for your wishes. I am returning to work tomorrow, so at least I can get back to lunchtime visits to the pub!

Mainly because I liked the performance. A defeat would of hurt, but I could have lived with it considering the skill & passion we showed.

Mind you, I wasn't calm when I thought that Ale would get himself sent off by butting Dunk! It would have been understandable, but we couldn't afford a three match suspension!

Now I'm beginning to look forward to travelling three miles to Portman Road on boxing day!
Match Thread on 22:55 - Dec 15 with 2037 viewsJAPRANGERS

Match Thread on 13:09 - Dec 15 by JAPRANGERS

2-2 init??

Hope it's entertaining enough to justify getting up at crazy o'clock to watch a grainy feed!

Anyone want the winning lottery numbers too??

You RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
Match Thread on 00:58 - Dec 16 with 1906 viewsPunteR

Absolutely superb game of football. Best I've seen for a long time.
After that performance it seems obvious Ramsey just wasn't getting the best out of the players for whatever reason. I cant fault any of the players tonight.
Hoillet had a brilliant game,especially in the first half. Phillips 2nd half was just class.
Great team performance.
I'm starting to really like this group of players,even Sandro is starting to live up to his name.
(Apart from the first goal obviously).
Green done ok for most of the game Imo, could he have done better for their 2nd?
It was a great goal that came out of our own throw in.. He's not on form this season and seems to make everyone nervous. I think it would be poor management to drop him now.
Plus from what I've seen of Smithies I don't think he would have done any better with that shot.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Match Thread on 01:28 - Dec 16 with 1888 viewsTearsOfaClown

Match Thread on 21:44 - Dec 15 by DeepcutHoop

Came on, had a chance immediately which he didn't quite get his head too, then not a lot of involvement until with 3 minutes of injury time left he decided to try and stop the Brighton keeper kicking from hands.

Which wasted 30 seconds, and left him 30 yards offside if the ball had been headed back.

Not much chance to show what he could do beyond that tbf

if that was what he had to show I would rather he keep it in his jock strap - what a plonker he was doing that
Match Thread on 01:38 - Dec 16 with 1883 viewsTearsOfaClown

I was there tonight with my sons - it was part of my 60th birthday present from them . . . and I have to say (and I did at the time) when we were 2-0 down, we would get a draw at least. It was an excellent game even though we were in the Paddock for a 20 min soaking . . . thing was, by default we were sitting in BL and on the front row facing the penalty spot and it took me back 53 years to being close to the action. I loving it being near to the Brighton fans when we sang "2-0 and you fooked it up".
Match Thread on 02:09 - Dec 16 with 1855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Thread on 01:38 - Dec 16 by TearsOfaClown

I was there tonight with my sons - it was part of my 60th birthday present from them . . . and I have to say (and I did at the time) when we were 2-0 down, we would get a draw at least. It was an excellent game even though we were in the Paddock for a 20 min soaking . . . thing was, by default we were sitting in BL and on the front row facing the penalty spot and it took me back 53 years to being close to the action. I loving it being near to the Brighton fans when we sang "2-0 and you fooked it up".

Many happy returns!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024