Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale v Chesterfield 15:38 - Jan 9 with 11385 viewsjokerthief

Oh no... 0=1 sounds like we are getting hammered
Taken Rose off...Kennedy on.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 19:37 - Jan 9 with 4222 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:01 - Jan 9 by batfink

Let's hope Jamie Allen steps up in second half as Imo he's been non existent so far

Nope........did n't bother....Jamie not in the game today
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 20:17 - Jan 9 with 4059 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Also, got to say that Rose's yellow was proper tight....... a mere "coming together" with nether player at fault.........so that's 3 dives for that Aryibi guy (sp)
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 20:48 - Jan 9 with 3948 viewsanimal8

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 20:17 - Jan 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Also, got to say that Rose's yellow was proper tight....... a mere "coming together" with nether player at fault.........so that's 3 dives for that Aryibi guy (sp)

Disappointed as anyone today ,but it's a strange league all round ,including the premier league this season.so let's not be to hard on the lads and management and hopefully 3 points next week.up the Dale .
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:35 - Jan 9 with 3756 viewsrobtheb

According to one of their guys I was talking to after the match Ariyibi had his best game for some time. As been poor for most of the season and not catching the team.

USA under 21 International.

Nobody on their team can match his speed.

Surely we would'nt turn him down, with a bit of Hilly magic could be good for us.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:39 - Jan 9 with 3724 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:35 - Jan 9 by robtheb

According to one of their guys I was talking to after the match Ariyibi had his best game for some time. As been poor for most of the season and not catching the team.

Surely we would'nt turn him down, with a bit of Hilly magic could be good for us.

Why would we turn him down? He's a Chesterfield player?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:57 - Jan 9 with 3655 viewsrobtheb

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:39 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

Why would we turn him down? He's a Chesterfield player?

Sorry, meaning if he was up for grabs.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:58 - Jan 9 with 3651 viewsSandyman

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:31 - Jan 9 by Daley_Lama

Well played Chesterfield, best team won.

Non stop attacking mentality, great outlet on the wing who stupidly dived twice and got himself sent off.

Can't disagree with that. They deserved the win. Our defence was woeful for their goals. Unpronounceable 28 ripped us to pieces and we didn't cope. That he was sent off for being a fool was no compensation. Defending from set pieces has been much maligned on here recently. Our defence from open play was very weak today. Where is the organiser?

That said, a very entertaining and exciting game over all, Dale were applauded off at the end, and, strangely, Carl Boyeson had a brilliant game as ref. Can't believe I typed that but, he was excellent, for the first time ever

At least we didn't need brown envelopes to get back into the football league that we've never been relegated from and a Serious Fraud Office investigation on our backs - We called them Cheaterfield for years
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 22:00]
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 22:04 - Jan 9 with 3621 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree with Sandlad........our defence was poor today. If Lancashire had provided either of the assists that Cannon and McNulty did for their 2nd & 3rd goals he would have been pilloried on here........and TK was a poor sub for Rose.

But......agree it was still a good game.......not too upset tonight,but the cat is still hiding somewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 22:10 - Jan 9 with 3601 viewsdalestats

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:35 - Jan 9 by robtheb

Isn’t this what NML should do

Poll: Remain in the eu

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 22:29 - Jan 9 with 3547 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:57 - Jan 9 by robtheb

Sorry, meaning if he was up for grabs.

He was up for grabs - Leeds released him before last season.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 22:33]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 23:21 - Jan 9 with 3381 viewsBrighouseDale

D_Alien - "Oh, and there was an altercation as the teams came out for the second half, anyone see what happened?"

There was a bit of a to-do when Hendo appeared to elbow their number 5 fairly early in the first half. The ref dismissed it but I suspected there'd be handbags later on.

Turned out to be correct, as they were having a go at each other coming out of the tunnel (think Lund was also involved) and a couple of stewards had to keep them apart. The ref saw what was going on and had a word with both parties before the second half kick off.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 23:36 - Jan 9 with 3335 viewsroccydaleian

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 23:21 - Jan 9 by BrighouseDale

D_Alien - "Oh, and there was an altercation as the teams came out for the second half, anyone see what happened?"

There was a bit of a to-do when Hendo appeared to elbow their number 5 fairly early in the first half. The ref dismissed it but I suspected there'd be handbags later on.

Turned out to be correct, as they were having a go at each other coming out of the tunnel (think Lund was also involved) and a couple of stewards had to keep them apart. The ref saw what was going on and had a word with both parties before the second half kick off.

It was Lund who was involved, Hendo was the peacemaker.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 10:31 - Jan 10 with 3018 viewsbatfink

I've not been a huge matt Lund fan, but after yesterday's performance I am converted. His determination, drive, pace and skill yesterday were a joy to behold. Now I see what the rave reviews from Walsall were all about. More of the same please
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 10:42 - Jan 10 with 2984 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 10:31 - Jan 10 by batfink

I've not been a huge matt Lund fan, but after yesterday's performance I am converted. His determination, drive, pace and skill yesterday were a joy to behold. Now I see what the rave reviews from Walsall were all about. More of the same please

Every Team needs a Matt Lund.........when we were mis-firing as Ariyibi was terrorising us it was ML who started to double up as Rose and TK could n't cope......and got us back on track.

He did a similar job against Colchester a few back.......
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 10:48 - Jan 10 with 2963 viewsR17ALE

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 10:42 - Jan 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Every Team needs a Matt Lund.........when we were mis-firing as Ariyibi was terrorising us it was ML who started to double up as Rose and TK could n't cope......and got us back on track.

He did a similar job against Colchester a few back.......

YD. Hold your head in shame. It's John Ryan, not Matt Lund!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 2895 viewswildie

Having a fully fit Matty Lund back is like having a new player considering it's taken over a year to see the best of him with his injuries and I wouldn't be surprised if he catches the eye of a view scouts. What we need now is a fully fit Jamie Allan and we will have one hell of a midfield.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but wonder given the problems they caused us on the right if Scott Tanser would have been more suited at left back. Is he injured??

Enjoyed yesterday's game, first half passed us by a little after the first 20 minutes but the commitment in the second half was excellent. Chesterfield are a good team you only have to look at the names in their squad to see that. Unfortunately for us they sacked Dean Saunders who was doing a good job and making them average!!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 11:01]
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 12:21 - Jan 10 with 2779 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 10:48 - Jan 10 by R17ALE

I was half expecting this reply.......!

It's a comment about Mr Ryan which surfaces every so often on this forum.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 15:27 - Jan 10 with 2651 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 10:48 - Jan 10 by R17ALE

You were saying...

[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 15:28]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 20:21 - Jan 10 with 2461 viewsfitzochris

It's all been said and I agree with most of it.

Our passing and first touch in the first half was nothing like it can be and the fact we let Ariyibi attack at will down the flank was always going to cost us goals. The fact two of them were ruled out didn't disguise the problem.

Even bringing TK on initially didn't seem to work. He got turned on the edge of the Chesterfield box and that directly resulted in a (disallowed) goal.

Also, Jamie Allen looked well off the pace. He clearly wasn't ready to start.

We were a bit better after the break and Ariyibi seemed to play the ball backwards more rather than run at us. Not sure if that's because we doubled up on him or not.

Daft that he got himself sent off. He didn't need to do it. He had the beating of Rose or TK all day long if he wanted.

Chesterfield overall were decent to watch and there can be no arguments over the result. We got done, plain and simple. If we'd done the things we are capable of more consistently, instead of in spells here and there, we could have matched them. Had we snatched a draw from that game it would have been harsh.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:12 - Jan 10 with 2388 viewsmikehunt

I don't think a draw would have been harsh as we were better than them the second half. Fair enough, they could have been out of sight had the two disallowed goals stood but we rather gifted them their second half goals so, theoretically, could have won. Chesterfield were a vastly better team than the pathetic dispirited bunch we faced earlier in the season. Glad we have got them out of the way to be honest.
And just a quick comment on the game as a whole. As people have already said, you can take losing when you've given it a go. That's why they deserved applauding off the pitch. It's why I've stuck with t'th'Dale through thin and thin: because the majority of the times we've tried.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:22 - Jan 10 with 2361 viewsfitzochris

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:12 - Jan 10 by mikehunt

I don't think a draw would have been harsh as we were better than them the second half. Fair enough, they could have been out of sight had the two disallowed goals stood but we rather gifted them their second half goals so, theoretically, could have won. Chesterfield were a vastly better team than the pathetic dispirited bunch we faced earlier in the season. Glad we have got them out of the way to be honest.
And just a quick comment on the game as a whole. As people have already said, you can take losing when you've given it a go. That's why they deserved applauding off the pitch. It's why I've stuck with t'th'Dale through thin and thin: because the majority of the times we've tried.

Hmmm. We'll agree to disagree, then, on how merited a draw would have been, but I certainly agree with you that we gave it a go.

My gripes are down to the defending (the third goal especially) and some of the slapdash passing. Too many balls were wasted with first-time punts, too, when the player had time to hold on and play a simpler ball. It's even more irksome because at times we put together some nice moves, we just didn't do it often enough.

We were beaten by the better team on the day, though, and I was entertained, so I can't grumble about that.

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:33 - Jan 10 with 2339 viewsNigeriamark

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:22 - Jan 10 by fitzochris

Hmmm. We'll agree to disagree, then, on how merited a draw would have been, but I certainly agree with you that we gave it a go.

My gripes are down to the defending (the third goal especially) and some of the slapdash passing. Too many balls were wasted with first-time punts, too, when the player had time to hold on and play a simpler ball. It's even more irksome because at times we put together some nice moves, we just didn't do it often enough.

We were beaten by the better team on the day, though, and I was entertained, so I can't grumble about that.

KH seems to have returned to a no fear attacking approach. Even though we made defensive mistakes I hope he sticks with it. My worry is he tries to reduce goals conceded by becoming defensive minded again. Don't change the style of play but work on defending in training.

Regarding the game - Thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes. More of the same on Saturday but with a win
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 2329 viewsfitzochris

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 21:33 - Jan 10 by Nigeriamark

KH seems to have returned to a no fear attacking approach. Even though we made defensive mistakes I hope he sticks with it. My worry is he tries to reduce goals conceded by becoming defensive minded again. Don't change the style of play but work on defending in training.

Regarding the game - Thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes. More of the same on Saturday but with a win

Absolutely, although I don't think the goals we conceded were a direct result of our style of play. There was the wild card of Ariyibi and just some all round God-awful sloppiness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024