Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jurgen Clot's Liverpool 23:26 - Jan 8 with 1305 viewsgerry_us

This guy should be taken to the cleaners for fielding the side he did tonight. Whilst it is obviously good for Exeter to play at Anfield, Clot should be summoned before the FA for devaluing the FACup and all it stands for in the UK.
I hope we will be fielding our strongest side tomorrow and draw Exeter in the next round. Clot deserves that!
Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 03:06 - Jan 9 with 1293 viewsBarsidepete

This is a toughie, G.

Would Exeter supporters have wanted to move on to the next round or a replay tie at Anfield? This is a glass half full or a glass half full

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 11:42 - Jan 9 with 1266 viewspwrightsknees

Exeter fans were not only deprived of the privilege seeing some of the best players in the country, but were also deprived of the excitement of seeing their club playing against those top players.

If the U's win later today, and are then drawn against, say, Man U, either home or away, I would hope that Man U would field their strongest team against us.

It's also a matter of respect.
Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 12:50 - Jan 9 with 1254 viewsbwildered

Not sure it was out of choice, Scousepool picked up several injuries in the League cup tie on previous Tues against Soke. Ok TV companies to want to pick and choose matches, but teams will not be prepared in pick fully fit players with tight schedules when another game might be the difference in a permanent return, just because lounge lizards demand it .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 14:29 - Jan 9 with 1250 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Five games in 13 days took it's toll and if you're already struggling with injuries you'd be foolish not to rest a few of your more experienced players especially with a cup semi final coming up. Benteke still played and he's one of Liverpool's most expensive players.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 14:30 - Jan 9 with 1248 viewsgerry_us

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 11:42 - Jan 9 by pwrightsknees

Exeter fans were not only deprived of the privilege seeing some of the best players in the country, but were also deprived of the excitement of seeing their club playing against those top players.

If the U's win later today, and are then drawn against, say, Man U, either home or away, I would hope that Man U would field their strongest team against us.

It's also a matter of respect.

Yep PWK. You got it absolutely correct...RESPECT
..for the team you are playing against
..their supporters
..for the history of the FA Cup.

Unfortunately Clot showed absolutely no respect for anything or anyone.
Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 14:38 - Jan 9 with 1247 viewsBarsidepete

Heard on TalkSport that this replay will be massive for their coffer. Exeter. They joked that half of Exeter will be in attendance.

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 18:22 - Jan 9 with 1220 viewsbwildered

Full credit to them they deserved a reply, can only play against what you are up against . Hope they enjoy the night out at Anfield .

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 22:58 - Jan 9 with 1201 viewsLeadbelly

The FA Cup no longer excites those top flight clubs playing in Europe or indeed top flight clubs with European aspirations. Liverpool didn't do anything much different to what most Premier League clubs would do in the same circumstances. No doubt all those players who turned out against Exeter are available for selection in Premier League games so I don't think it devalues Exeter's people performance. It certainly doesn't make the cash they will receive from the replay worth any less.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 09:10 - Jan 10 with 1181 viewsbwildered

The way out of this problem is to reallocate the four place in PL, to the FA cup winners, but has Greg Dyke got the gonads to do it .

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 11:37 - Jan 10 with 1171 viewsnoah4x4

A replay is the dream result for Exeter (having not won). They get half the Anfield gate. Now we are in the fourth round begs the question, what might we want?

Most will probably say a home draw and a full WHCS ground. But I say a London Premier League Club AWAY (Durham would probably say away at a Northern Club!).

Our lads deserve their 'cup final' in front of 40,000 +. We need loads of money to buy new players. We get half of the gate.

My guess is that yesterday having shared the receipts with Charlton we made less than for a normal Division One match at WHCS despite the higher gate. A London club still means that Colchester fans/residents that don't regularly travel away have only a short trip. But what's the betting we get Walsall or Peterborough away!
Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 1167 viewsbwildered

Let's say U's pull a big PL club at WHCS, would it be OK for RC to increase prices by tenner for all, and STH to get a twenty pound discount next season ?

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 14:12 - Jan 10 with 1152 viewsBarsidepete

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 12:41 - Jan 10 by bwildered

Let's say U's pull a big PL club at WHCS, would it be OK for RC to increase prices by tenner for all, and STH to get a twenty pound discount next season ?

What's the definition of a big PL club, I mean the cutoff line? Should prices have increased for a full house when the Shrimpers visited?

I think the price structure at the WHCS is plenty. And a discount for STH next season? Why should some who can only afford to attend occasionally subsidize ST-holders?

If we get a big club, that's terrific exposure on TV.

I'm in agreement with Noah that an away tie in London would be outstanding. But the Wessie rocking would be something. Lest we forget, there are plenty of glamourous clubs in the Championship. Derby, Leeds or Forest wouldn't pack em in? Pick any one of those three and fans of the other two will attend, if even as Colchester fans for a day

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 15:27 - Jan 10 with 1147 viewsbwildered

Nothing to do with subsiding STH, RC has done everything with discounting and offers to raise the regular attendance at WHCS. If supporters are only willing to attend for a glamour tie, the club might has well take advantage of the situation, has the non regulars certainly are .

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 15:59 - Jan 10 with 1141 viewsBarsidepete

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 15:27 - Jan 10 by bwildered

Nothing to do with subsiding STH, RC has done everything with discounting and offers to raise the regular attendance at WHCS. If supporters are only willing to attend for a glamour tie, the club might has well take advantage of the situation, has the non regulars certainly are .

But increase the price by a tenner and give STH a 20 quid discount on their ST for 2016/17? as bwildered suggested?

How does that help anyone? I spend around £2500 when I fly over to attend 3-4 games (Premier Inn at the rail station, tickets, take-away, Bricklayers nights where I load everyone up with voddy) ...

If, let's say, ManU comes to the Wessie, why not a good-will gesture and keep prices reasonable. Could be that another 500-1000 at the next game even if it's Colchester 1 Manchester United 7.

I put my money where my mouth is. After all expenses, I probably pay £500 per ducket, and last game was where Panners and I sat behind the goal.

Let me state this another way. Keep the prices fair. Some of us are not made of money. Having said that, probably Posh away

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 16:50 - Jan 10 with 1137 viewsbwildered

At the last fans forum ( or the one previous ) someone suggests to have a discounted game has a goodwill statement . The reply was if you subsidies it !
You and some others Barside are not the problem, because you make the effort to attend when possible, it is those who never ( want Chelsea /Arsenal but not Charlton / Altrincham ).

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 17:39 - Jan 10 with 1129 viewsnoah4x4

Our adult advance purchase tickets are as cheap as most other Division One clubs and our match day prices are in line too. Our 'family' deals are also innovative. It has been proven (experiments by Oldham etc) that further discounts don't increase gates. They just damage revenue. We need to maintain or increase revenue under FFP to maintain a better playing squad.

Where we are out of line is between age 60 to 65. We treat that group as adults and don't offer 'seniors' concessions until 65 even to retired persons. But many are forced to retire early due to ill-health or redundancy. Yet at Ipswich, Southend, Orient, Daggers 'seniors' all start at age 60. The problem was the Equalisation Act 2010. We equalised at the then male rate when others adopted the female rate. I hence pay a lot less to watch the U's at most other grounds.
Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 20:55 - Jan 10 with 1107 viewsdurham_exile

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 11:37 - Jan 10 by noah4x4

A replay is the dream result for Exeter (having not won). They get half the Anfield gate. Now we are in the fourth round begs the question, what might we want?

Most will probably say a home draw and a full WHCS ground. But I say a London Premier League Club AWAY (Durham would probably say away at a Northern Club!).

Our lads deserve their 'cup final' in front of 40,000 +. We need loads of money to buy new players. We get half of the gate.

My guess is that yesterday having shared the receipts with Charlton we made less than for a normal Division One match at WHCS despite the higher gate. A London club still means that Colchester fans/residents that don't regularly travel away have only a short trip. But what's the betting we get Walsall or Peterborough away!

Noah the prospect of a cup run for the U's is not something that comes along too often.

I am torn between a capacity crowd at the WHCS against a top side or one of the top premiership teams away from home.

However an easier tie with the real prospect of a Fifth Round appearance is also attractive. Just as long as we do not become distracted from getting away from the dreaded relegation zone which has to be the main priority.

Bring it on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Jurgen Clot's Liverpool on 22:04 - Jan 10 with 1092 viewsLeadbelly

Ticket prices for FA Cup games are set after consultation between the two clubs involved. No point worrying about charging an extra £10 or giving ST holders a discount next year. It's not under our control.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024