Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the sending off and the goal 17:46 - Mar 28 with 8067 views_dezzy

KHBA

the sending off and the goal on 17:49 - Mar 28 with 6575 viewsKnowlesy

Definite red
the sending off and the goal on 17:50 - Mar 28 with 6564 viewsfitzochris

Not to excuse what happened afterwards but that was an awful tackle.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

the sending off and the goal on 17:55 - Mar 28 with 6517 views442Dale

the sending off and the goal on 17:50 - Mar 28 by fitzochris

Not the best is it! Henderson's is possibly a borderline red, but his face alone when he's doing it is bad enough.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

the sending off and the goal on 17:55 - Mar 28 with 6513 views1mark1

the sending off and the goal on 17:50 - Mar 28 by fitzochris

Yes it was, but no more than a booking IMO. Can't really say it was a wrong red card, aspect rules, but some refs would have just booked him. Other way round most Dale fans would have called for red card for retaliation and just booking for foul.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

the sending off and the goal on 17:56 - Mar 28 with 6488 viewsmacro

Stupid retaliation to a bad challenge
the sending off and the goal on 17:57 - Mar 28 with 6467 views1mark1

Just to add, Hendo gave the opportunity for the officials to send him off, by his stupidity, so doesn't really deserve to get off with it in an appeal.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

the sending off and the goal on 18:09 - Mar 28 with 6381 viewsLuke8686

Two reds IMO. The first tackle was badly timed and reckless, could have caused an injury. And the reaction was just plain stupidity.
the sending off and the goal on 18:09 - Mar 28 with 6372 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is that Caldwell "in the ear of the 4th Official" as he speaks to the Fat Controller?

Both should have gone......no wonder Pearce was subbed 20 mins later.
Login to get fewer ads

the sending off and the goal on 18:23 - Mar 28 with 6295 viewsRosun

The ref let a lot go up to that point.
Really surprised with the red card. One yellow all day for the first tackle.
the sending off and the goal on 18:27 - Mar 28 with 6249 viewsTTNYear

It's not as clear cut as I first thought. But, as said by others, he gave the ref the opportunity to send him off. Their fella should have walked, terrible challenge.

Let him burn in the town hall square. And then send his quartered body to the four corners of the borough

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

the sending off and the goal on 18:33 - Mar 28 with 6206 views442Dale

the sending off and the goal on 18:27 - Mar 28 by TTNYear

It's not as clear cut as I first thought. But, as said by others, he gave the ref the opportunity to send him off. Their fella should have walked, terrible challenge.

Let him burn in the town hall square. And then send his quartered body to the four corners of the borough

We'll have to wait until the river is done first, it's bloody lethal with the diversions round there at the moment.

Plus he'd only pull the "who? Me?" face when the torch is lit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

the sending off and the goal on 18:41 - Mar 28 with 6149 viewsD_Alien

the sending off and the goal on 18:27 - Mar 28 by TTNYear

That's more like it, but you've missed out the hanging, and disembowelling.

And then shove him in an unmarked grave; there's enough litter on our streets.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

the sending off and the goal on 18:56 - Mar 28 with 6068 viewsYorkshire_Dale

the sending off and the goal on 18:41 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

That's more like it, but you've missed out the hanging, and disembowelling.

And then shove him in an unmarked grave; there's enough litter on our streets.

See, we are getting over it already......proper gallows humour.
the sending off and the goal on 21:22 - Mar 28 with 5670 viewsdavidab2202

Stupid reaction to an awful tackle--definitely.A sending off offence --not to sure on that one.

Looking at it from afar I know which of the two "incidents"was the the more likely to cause injury and it certainly wasn't Henderson's reaction.
the sending off and the goal on 21:34 - Mar 28 with 5636 views49thseason

Looking at that a few times, I would have said the only warranted red was for the initial challenge which was a two-footed lunge. The Henderson "retaliation" is a yellow - no hands or head involved, not a kick, more of a drawn-out holding. The way Pearce runs away tells you all you need to know, he knew it was a bad tackle and thought he might get red-carded.
There is little doubt that in big games Henderson often gets caught "in the moment" - it's the price you pay for the flashes if genius that we benefit from in probably 30-40 games a season and in my view a price worth paying. It's not going to radically affect anything this season, but he will have to expect more teams to target him in future and learn to live with it, it's the price of success.
the sending off and the goal on 21:35 - Mar 28 with 5628 viewsdalefan

the sending off and the goal on 21:34 - Mar 28 by 49thseason

Looking at that a few times, I would have said the only warranted red was for the initial challenge which was a two-footed lunge. The Henderson "retaliation" is a yellow - no hands or head involved, not a kick, more of a drawn-out holding. The way Pearce runs away tells you all you need to know, he knew it was a bad tackle and thought he might get red-carded.
There is little doubt that in big games Henderson often gets caught "in the moment" - it's the price you pay for the flashes if genius that we benefit from in probably 30-40 games a season and in my view a price worth paying. It's not going to radically affect anything this season, but he will have to expect more teams to target him in future and learn to live with it, it's the price of success.

This, totally agree
the sending off and the goal on 21:55 - Mar 28 with 5561 viewsD_Alien

There have been no flashes of genius this season, let alone for 30-40 games. He was poor for quite a long time at the back end of last year. The best I can say is he's not missed any more penalties after Fleetwood away and he's run around a fair bit, can't fault him for effort.

the sending off and the goal on 22:29 - Mar 28 with 5473 viewsDaley_Lama

Does their lad get a touch on the ball for their goal?

Looks o.g. for me all the way

Poll: DF in or out

the sending off and the goal on 22:57 - Mar 28 with 5409 viewsdalelee

Very harsh in my opinion. As other posters have also stated, the tackle was v poor.
I've just watched the Millwall game and Burtons Callum Butcher was guilty of a poor tackle and then kicked out. Worse than Hendersons but he only received a yellow.
Harsh or not, Hendersons let his team mates down twice in two weeks.
the sending off and the goal on 23:21 - Mar 28 with 5349 viewsAtThePeake

It's somewhere between the two for me. He doesn't necessarily kick out, but whilst he's 'holding' Pearce's legs as you put it, he sweeps his legs across in order to bring him down.

Either way, as has been said several times before, whether you believe it was a sending off there was zero need to do what he did and give the officials a decision to make. There's no reason we should have to put up with petulant acts of stupidity because he's one of our best players. A fantastic footballer capable of winning us points and a clever footballer intelligent enough to not get himself sent off for repeated acts of retaliation are not two mutually exclusive things.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 23:29]

Tangled up in blue.

the sending off and the goal on 23:55 - Mar 28 with 5295 viewsdownunder

the sending off and the goal on 22:29 - Mar 28 by Daley_Lama

Does their lad get a touch on the ball for their goal?

Looks o.g. for me all the way

. Their guys kicks our defenders leg which knocks the ball into goal. Foul. Dirty Wigan!
[Post edited 29 Mar 2016 2:29]
the sending off and the goal on 10:41 - Mar 29 with 5058 viewsdawlishdale

First time I've seen it again since it actually happened.

Henderson can count himself extremely unlucky to have been red carded for basically grabbing Pearce by the ankle with his feet.

Pearce: Yellow card

Henderson: Yellow card

Perkins (just before the incident) Foul for the late challenge on Rafferty, and either a final warning from the ref, or a second yellow card.
If the ref had taken action when Perkins caught Rafferty, none of the following would have happened.

Small margins indeed.

Some of the OTT slagging off from posters who should know better is appalling. The likes of D_Alien can f off rather than one of our better players....what the f does D_Alien ever do apart from cause arguments and act all clever? Very annoyed with him; not so much with Henderson. So very glad that quite a few posters have finally stood up to the bully.
the sending off and the goal on 11:22 - Mar 29 with 4986 viewsaleanddale

Pretty much my thoughts 49th.

Hendo is a class act and if you get the good stuff sometimes you see the ugly.

Quality player and we are a better side with him in than without.

Saying that why oh why does he feel the urge to retaliate and he gives the "homer" ref an easy decision.

Stupidity really we can have no complaints he saw straight red it's just pretty galling.

Amazing turnout yesterday.

One petulant moment spoiled the day for 1300 Dale fans and all his teammates and Dale management.

Cut this out and we still have a very talented player on our books... One who usually performs to a very high standard and is a bit of a Dale talisman.

Has hilly commented????
the sending off and the goal on 11:53 - Mar 29 with 4937 viewsD_Alien

the sending off and the goal on 10:41 - Mar 29 by dawlishdale

First time I've seen it again since it actually happened.

Henderson can count himself extremely unlucky to have been red carded for basically grabbing Pearce by the ankle with his feet.

Pearce: Yellow card

Henderson: Yellow card

Perkins (just before the incident) Foul for the late challenge on Rafferty, and either a final warning from the ref, or a second yellow card.
If the ref had taken action when Perkins caught Rafferty, none of the following would have happened.

Small margins indeed.

Some of the OTT slagging off from posters who should know better is appalling. The likes of D_Alien can f off rather than one of our better players....what the f does D_Alien ever do apart from cause arguments and act all clever? Very annoyed with him; not so much with Henderson. So very glad that quite a few posters have finally stood up to the bully.

None of which will stop me from posting my honest opinions.

You're entitled to yours, and you're entitled to tell me to f*ck off too.

As for people "standing up" to me, there are many regular posters on here who don't feel the need to do so, because they don't feel bullied. They're not victims, and neither should anyone else feel that way. It's a forum for frank and honest debate. Anyone who can't put a cogent argument together might feel a bit intimidated, I guess.

the sending off and the goal on 12:39 - Mar 29 with 4849 viewsrobbowood

the sending off and the goal on 11:53 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

None of which will stop me from posting my honest opinions.

You're entitled to yours, and you're entitled to tell me to f*ck off too.

As for people "standing up" to me, there are many regular posters on here who don't feel the need to do so, because they don't feel bullied. They're not victims, and neither should anyone else feel that way. It's a forum for frank and honest debate. Anyone who can't put a cogent argument together might feel a bit intimidated, I guess.

Nobody minds anybody posting their opinions on this forum

However your language as far as I am concerned is an utter disgrace (not least to Hendo) and is completely uncalled for

You ought to be ashamed of yourself - or is your language that what your parents taught you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024