Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo and the sendings off 16:58 - Apr 10 with 7972 viewsStatzdale

I'm just curious, if any other Dale player has ever been sent off in quick succession like Hendo has been, and if so did he get as much unwarranted shit as Hendo is currently receiving.
He was stupid admittedly but was just that, stupid. Surely all this crap is not necessary. If he comes back and bangs in a few goals, everybody will think he is fantastic again, which he is. I hope he does not read these and many other posts that have recently been posted because when his contract is up , he may remember all this crap when deciding whether to sign a new deal. And yes we do need him as Holty will probably not be here next season, unless some posters know something to the contrary.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 17:07]
Hendo and the sendings off on 17:09 - Apr 10 with 5599 views442Dale

Jimmy Graham was sent off twice in a row in the 92/93 season. In those days there wasnt even a fanzine, much less the internet but I remember fans in the away end at Bolton having a right go when he walked off after an afternoon of struggling to deal with Scott Green.

Apart from a couple of posts at the time which went OTT in their criticism (only my own opinion), what other posts since have been unwarranted? Nobody is disputing what a good player Henderson is, he does however have to address the side of his game that results in unnecessary confrontations that could lead to cards.

As has been said multiple times, if Henderson had come out straight away with a simple "I'm sorry to my team mates and the fans, I'll do my best to return and score some more goals", the subsequent elongating of the whole thing might have been avoided. The appeal and subsequent reporting of it didn't help either.

Still, if lessons are learnt all round, positives can still be taken.

Edit. He's contracted until 2018 and he's going to retire here.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/callum-camps-ian-henderson-sign-contra
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 17:11]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendo and the sendings off on 17:24 - Apr 10 with 5569 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendo isn't petulant, it's not fair to say that he often looks at playing the player rather than the ball when challenging and he isn't at fault for any of his red cards. It's not fair to highlight that he's had three red cards in recent local derbies.Its an irrelevant statistic and should be ignored.Those nasty people on the forum are all wrong for not encouraging you to continue with your exemplary on field behaviour.

As a result of all these false allegations,please Ian would you consider signing a new contract.......pretty please? Can I also apologise for the supporters actually having the nerve to question anything to do with the performances of the players/ managers/ staff etc. How bloody dare they!!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 17:42]
Hendo and the sendings off on 18:17 - Apr 10 with 5488 viewsTVOS1907

Where's all this 'unwarranted shit''?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hendo and the sendings off on 18:36 - Apr 10 with 5453 viewsnordenblue

Hendo and the sendings off on 18:17 - Apr 10 by TVOS1907

Where's all this 'unwarranted shit''?

The OP is full of it tbf....
Hendo and the sendings off on 20:42 - Apr 10 with 5339 viewsdingdangblue

2 wins and a draw without him (Southend, Peterborough and
Doncaster).
8 goals scored.

#doingalright

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo and the sendings off on 21:49 - Apr 10 with 5269 viewsD_Alien

From the OP: " If he comes back and bangs in a few goals, everybody will think he is fantastic again"

Everybody?

Speak for yourself.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendo and the sendings off on 07:56 - Apr 11 with 5165 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendo and the sendings off on 21:49 - Apr 10 by D_Alien

From the OP: " If he comes back and bangs in a few goals, everybody will think he is fantastic again"

Everybody?

Speak for yourself.

It's more annoying than anything else. He's a player who on his day is capable of brilliance and you just feel that if he cut out the nonsense and concentrated on his strengths he would be unplayable at times. One of the best players I've seen in a Dale shirt.

He can't do it though can he, cut out the nonesense, he doesn't have the mental strength and that will always hold him back. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he doesn't even accept that he's in the wrong, there are individuals out there who can never indulge in a bit of self criticism, their ego won't let them. I think he'll just carry on during his career picking up 2 or 3 reds a season, his team mates and the fans will just have to accept that.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 8:00]
Hendo and the sendings off on 08:18 - Apr 11 with 5134 viewsD_Alien

Hendo and the sendings off on 07:56 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

It's more annoying than anything else. He's a player who on his day is capable of brilliance and you just feel that if he cut out the nonsense and concentrated on his strengths he would be unplayable at times. One of the best players I've seen in a Dale shirt.

He can't do it though can he, cut out the nonesense, he doesn't have the mental strength and that will always hold him back. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he doesn't even accept that he's in the wrong, there are individuals out there who can never indulge in a bit of self criticism, their ego won't let them. I think he'll just carry on during his career picking up 2 or 3 reds a season, his team mates and the fans will just have to accept that.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 8:00]

Correct on most points TS, but I for one won't accept that.

I'll support him when he's wearing a Dale shirt, but that's as far as it goes.

I also don't accept that he's unplayable. That's the term associated with someone who can control a football match, and he's not that type of player. He can pull off a trick and score a special goal, but these have become less frequent and the balance between those possibilities and the possibility of him letting us all down has gone too far, for me.

I just wonder how many more times he has to let everyone down before more fans, and more importantly his team-mates, start thinking the same. As you say, he just won't learn and it appears the club are doing nothing to help him in that regard.

Login to get fewer ads

Hendo and the sendings off on 08:57 - Apr 11 with 5100 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendo and the sendings off on 08:18 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

I also don't accept that he's unplayable. That's the term associated with someone who can control a football match, and he's not that type of player. He can pull off a trick and score a special goal, but these have become less frequent and the balance between those possibilities and the possibility of him letting us all down has gone too far, for me.

I just wonder how many more times he has to let everyone down before more fans, and more importantly his team-mates, start thinking the same. As you say, he just won't learn and it appears the club are doing nothing to help him in that regard.

Never give up on love, give him another chance
Hendo and the sendings off on 09:39 - Apr 11 with 5055 viewsDaleiLama

Hendo and the sendings off on 08:18 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

I'm not going to add yet another comment on yet another thread specifically about Hendo and the sending off as it's been done to death imho now.

I did wonder, however, if you might reach even further back into your lexicon of outdated expressions and biblically anoint him "the prodigal one". Especially if he gets back into the side before season end?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:00 - Apr 11 with 4998 viewsD_Alien

Hendo and the sendings off on 09:39 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

I'm not going to add yet another comment on yet another thread specifically about Hendo and the sending off as it's been done to death imho now.

I did wonder, however, if you might reach even further back into your lexicon of outdated expressions and biblically anoint him "the prodigal one". Especially if he gets back into the side before season end?

An angel appeared to me in a dream, and told me I'd be watching the Dale take a two-goal lead with 20 minutes to go in the play-off final at Wembley against Millwall (McDermott, Holt).

Then Hendo got himself sent off, McDermott ran out of puff and Millwall equalised in the 89th minute before beating us 2-4 in extra time.

I'd rather he turned the other cheek!

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 4969 viewsaleanddale

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:00 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

An angel appeared to me in a dream, and told me I'd be watching the Dale take a two-goal lead with 20 minutes to go in the play-off final at Wembley against Millwall (McDermott, Holt).

Then Hendo got himself sent off, McDermott ran out of puff and Millwall equalised in the 89th minute before beating us 2-4 in extra time.

Think that scenario would comfortably be the worse day of my life!!!

Overtaking FC United and Telford horror shows at Spotland!!
Hendo and the sendings off on 11:25 - Apr 11 with 4961 viewsDaleiLama

You need to cut down on the cheese at supper time! No one wants to wake up after a dream like that.

I presume whoever Hendo chopped down was put on a stretcher and Hilly shouted pick up your bed and walk?

Sweeter dreams tonight

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:35 - Apr 11 with 4941 viewsD_Alien

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:25 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

You need to cut down on the cheese at supper time! No one wants to wake up after a dream like that.

I presume whoever Hendo chopped down was put on a stretcher and Hilly shouted pick up your bed and walk?

Sweeter dreams tonight

Nah, he just sent on Reuben Noble-Lazarus

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:52 - Apr 11 with 4912 viewspioneer

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:19 - Apr 11 by aleanddale

Think that scenario would comfortably be the worse day of my life!!!

Overtaking FC United and Telford horror shows at Spotland!!

You are obviously too young to remember Grantham in 1973
Hendo and the sendings off on 12:05 - Apr 11 with 4885 viewsDaleiLama

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:35 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Nah, he just sent on Reuben Noble-Lazarus

Are you sure - I have it on good account Bunney took off his technicolour dreamcoat and was warming up?

Good of his namesake to pose for pre-match photos on Saturday with Dale fans btw

Hendo and the sendings off on 12:52 - Apr 11 with 4820 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendo and the sendings off on 12:05 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

Are you sure - I have it on good account Bunney took off his technicolour dreamcoat and was warming up?

Good of his namesake to pose for pre-match photos on Saturday with Dale fans btw

Which ones the rabbit Grown men posing with big fluffy rabbits deserve a bit of ridicule dont they?

Posh toffees?

This picture is worthy of a good caption,come on lets be having you!!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 13:14]
Hendo and the sendings off on 13:15 - Apr 11 with 4758 viewsroccydaleian

Hendo and the sendings off on 12:52 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

Which ones the rabbit Grown men posing with big fluffy rabbits deserve a bit of ridicule dont they?

Posh toffees?

Bunney swaps carrots for turnips
Hendo and the sendings off on 13:58 - Apr 11 with 4682 viewsR17ALE

Posh toffees?

"Which one is the Dale fan?"

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hendo and the sendings off on 14:35 - Apr 11 with 4641 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendo and the sendings off on 13:58 - Apr 11 by R17ALE

"Which one is the Dale fan?"

To be fair to Martin,he makes no secret of the fact he's a Everton fan. Hence Posh toffee.
Hendo and the sendings off on 16:53 - Apr 11 with 4541 viewsYouTubeDale

Hendo and the sendings off on 11:52 - Apr 11 by pioneer

You are obviously too young to remember Grantham in 1973

You are too old to remember Hendo .

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hendo and the sendings off on 16:58 - Apr 11 with 4530 viewsYouTubeDale

As TVOS would say, that is pure speculation that it was Hendo's fault that we lost. You forgot to mention Sako missing 3 free headers in the second half !!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hendo and the sendings off on 17:08 - Apr 11 with 4526 viewsDaleiLama

Posh toffees?

"Veg and 2 meat?"

Hendo and the sendings off on 18:03 - Apr 11 with 4472 viewsD_Alien

Hendo and the sendings off on 17:08 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

"Veg and 2 meat?"

It is meat, and just.

Hendo and the sendings off on 18:59 - Apr 11 with 4414 viewsdalenumber2

Can't believe we are returning to this topic. In posting this, the OP is now opening up the conversation again for more 'unwarranted shit'. We vented our frustrations at the time but most of us have moved on now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024