Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's needed then? 18:03 - Aug 10 with 6048 viewsRoChDaLe

What's everyone's thoughts on what we need to add to the squad after two competitive games then?

Firstly, i feel we definitely need a holding midfielder who's got some height and strength because at the moment we really aren't competitive enough (physically) with a midfield of Allen,Cannon and Mcdermott/Camps. Teams will quickly pick up on this lack of height and power in the midfield and it'll become a bigger problem. Secondly, a proper left back is a must as Mcnulty (despite playing well last night) will get found out there and goals will be conceded due to his obvious lack of pace... every through ball either on the outside of him or in between him and Canavan looks a threat every time as proven by Peterborough's first goal. Finally and the most obvious one is we definitely need another CB to add cover or push for a starting place. Thoughts?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

What's needed then? on 18:08 - Aug 10 with 4708 viewsfitzochris

If we get another left back in, McNulty is back to being a centre half, cover or otherwise.

I like our midfield, but, yes, someone in the Dawson mould wouldn't be unwanted.

I think we still need an out-and-out striker, too.

Getting quality players for these positions is a different matter.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 6:40]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What's needed then? on 18:18 - Aug 10 with 4668 viewsboromat

At a minimum two defensive players maybe one defender one midfielder both central. Agree with Jim underperforming so far but I'd like Tanser to get his chance before we brought in another left sided defender.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What's needed then? on 18:19 - Aug 10 with 4662 views442Dale

What's needed then? on 18:08 - Aug 10 by fitzochris

If we get another left back in, McNulty is back to being a centre half, cover or otherwise.

I like our midfield, but, yes, someone in the Dawson mould wouldn't be unwanted.

I think we still need an out-and-out striker, too.

Getting quality players for these positions is a different matter.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 6:40]

If we don't get anyone for that role in midfield id be tempted to try Vincenti there. Intelligent footballer, can pass, battle and extra height when balls are played long.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What's needed then? on 20:34 - Aug 10 with 4505 viewsRoChDaLe

What's needed then? on 18:19 - Aug 10 by 442Dale

If we don't get anyone for that role in midfield id be tempted to try Vincenti there. Intelligent footballer, can pass, battle and extra height when balls are played long.

I completely agree. We really can't expect Allen to win basically any headers in midfield so it really does mean any balls played long inbetween the midfield and defence are gonna be won by the oppositions midfield/strikers unless our defenders begin to challenge for the ball further forward which will lead us even more exposed.

What's needed then? on 20:46 - Aug 10 with 4471 viewsBartRowou

Could do with someone who can fill in across the back, play the holding role in midfield and likes the odd mazy run going forward. Someone who won't be on astronomical wages. Someone whose name rhymes with Geese Senate.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

What's needed then? on 21:15 - Aug 10 with 4387 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What's needed then? on 20:46 - Aug 10 by BartRowou

Could do with someone who can fill in across the back, play the holding role in midfield and likes the odd mazy run going forward. Someone who won't be on astronomical wages. Someone whose name rhymes with Geese Senate.

Get him back or is he attached now?
What's needed then? on 21:27 - Aug 10 with 4345 viewsTVOS1907

What's needed then? on 21:15 - Aug 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Get him back or is he attached now?

He signed for Mansfield two months ago.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's needed then? on 21:28 - Aug 10 with 4338 viewsonedalefan

What's needed then? on 20:34 - Aug 10 by RoChDaLe

I completely agree. We really can't expect Allen to win basically any headers in midfield so it really does mean any balls played long inbetween the midfield and defence are gonna be won by the oppositions midfield/strikers unless our defenders begin to challenge for the ball further forward which will lead us even more exposed.

Allen does win numerous headers despite his size. Seems to have the ability to get higher than taller opposition.
Login to get fewer ads

What's needed then? on 21:57 - Aug 10 with 4277 viewsboromat

I also think Lund is this player when fit.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What's needed then? on 22:02 - Aug 10 with 4257 viewsRoChDaLe

What's needed then? on 21:28 - Aug 10 by onedalefan

Allen does win numerous headers despite his size. Seems to have the ability to get higher than taller opposition.

Yeah I agree for his height he wins a few but we're talking probably less than 30% he challenges for... It isn't good enough. Basic football principle at any level is in order to win a football game the 50/50's need to be won and at the moment we can't expect in the midfield area for them to be won.

What's needed then? on 23:42 - Aug 10 with 4150 viewsrochedale

I would say not much needed. Tanser needs a chance, and a obviously a goal scorer would be nice. Centre half as back up also.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

What's needed then? on 06:53 - Aug 11 with 4054 views1907

What's needed then? on 21:57 - Aug 10 by boromat

I also think Lund is this player when fit.

The problem is that he's never fit. Him and Vincenti have become serial offenders on the injury list and for some reason I've got a feeling that they're both going to miss far more games than they will play.

We need a grappling, experienced central midfielder to add a bit of bite. A proper LB of a similar ilk to Rafferty and a strong, pacey striker who can finish. I hope that Hill still has his magic lamp somewhere.
What's needed then? on 08:28 - Aug 11 with 3965 viewsMHall963

Imo the defence needs stregthening first and foremost, i dont think tanser is good enough in lb as he is too slow and as a result struggles with the switch in play and getting up and down the wing. I do however think he would make a really good centre half. So for me i think we need another lb and another right footed centre half, after that another central midfielder maybe, i would say that cannon is perfect for that roll but him and raff look like they will be on fire down the right for the start of the season games. Then also another proven striker maybe. But defenitely defensive cover needed
What's needed then? on 09:36 - Aug 11 with 3887 viewsParkinsGimp

Centre forward goal scorer.
Holding midfielder, thus allowing Allen to run on into box, he has scored a few goals by doing that in the past. We definitely lack height and prescence in midfield.
Possibly give Tanser a run out at left back since McNulty is a liability.
What's needed then? on 10:14 - Aug 11 with 3839 viewsTVOS1907

What's needed then? on 09:36 - Aug 11 by ParkinsGimp

Centre forward goal scorer.
Holding midfielder, thus allowing Allen to run on into box, he has scored a few goals by doing that in the past. We definitely lack height and prescence in midfield.
Possibly give Tanser a run out at left back since McNulty is a liability.

We've scored five goals in two games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's needed then? on 10:38 - Aug 11 with 3791 viewsTomRAFC

Agree with most of the above.

We need a midfield bruiser. A Cavanagh or a Dawson.

We do need another left back. I'd like to see Tanser given a chance but if Hill ranks him behind big Jim then we need someone else.

I'd happily see a veteran forward come in who we could staple to the penalty spot just to have a dig. Someone who has regularly scored goals at this level but may well be on their last legs a bit. We've got enough pace and creativity. We need someone who can finish a chance. Probably not the most popular opinion but I'd have taken an Akinfenwa or better yet... Do you think we could convince Hilly and Reuben Reid to make up?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 10:49]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

What's needed then? on 11:00 - Aug 11 with 3744 viewsDaleiLama

What's needed then? on 10:14 - Aug 11 by TVOS1907

We've scored five goals in two games.

And conceded four.
Join the dots.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What's needed then? on 11:49 - Aug 11 with 3649 viewsmacro

We’ve lots of players who can score, it’s what makes Dale good offensively. Every team wants a 20 goal a season forward but whose to say that Henderson/NML won’t do that.

I’d say we need defensive cover at least 1cb and a left sided defender plus another holding midfielder.
What's needed then? on 13:23 - Aug 11 with 3478 viewsnordenblue

What's needed then? on 11:49 - Aug 11 by macro

We’ve lots of players who can score, it’s what makes Dale good offensively. Every team wants a 20 goal a season forward but whose to say that Henderson/NML won’t do that.

I’d say we need defensive cover at least 1cb and a left sided defender plus another holding midfielder.

NML could well prove to have a massive season,he seems a lot leaner and much more direct,he has all the attributes to be unplayable at league 1 if he puts them all together.
What's needed then? on 13:46 - Aug 11 with 3422 viewsRoChDaLe

What's needed then? on 13:23 - Aug 11 by nordenblue

NML could well prove to have a massive season,he seems a lot leaner and much more direct,he has all the attributes to be unplayable at league 1 if he puts them all together.

Only problem is he's been injury prone throughout his career so we really cant just rely on him to be our star man. Might sound pessimistic but at Peterborough he had a torrid time with injuries.

What's needed then? on 15:33 - Aug 11 with 3297 viewsnordenblue

What's needed then? on 13:46 - Aug 11 by RoChDaLe

Only problem is he's been injury prone throughout his career so we really cant just rely on him to be our star man. Might sound pessimistic but at Peterborough he had a torrid time with injuries.

We don't have to rely on just him when you've got Hendo and umpteen other to chip in too,NML just looks like he's sorted himself out and could turn out to be some season if all goes to plan for him..
What's needed then? on 15:57 - Aug 11 with 3257 viewsisitme

We are crying out for defensive cover, hopefully a centre half who can also fill in at full back. A holding midfield player with a bit of a physical presence would be useful as would probably another striker.
What's needed then? on 21:49 - Aug 16 with 2898 views442Dale

What's needed then? on 15:57 - Aug 11 by isitme

We are crying out for defensive cover, hopefully a centre half who can also fill in at full back. A holding midfield player with a bit of a physical presence would be useful as would probably another striker.

All of these. The evidence is there for all to see.

Too many random wide players. Instead of Odelusi, RNL and Thompson, we'd have been better served bringing in one centre half. Having numbers in the squad is one thing, but they have to add something. With NML, Donal, Henderson, Bunney, Vincenti, Hooper, Cannon all capable of offering as much as any of the above, it's still quite difficult to work out why they were brought in with other positions needing greater attention.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What's needed then? on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 2852 viewsrich_dale

Didn't go tonight but would get Tanser in the team at LB, Logan in purely to solidify the back five, Lund in CM to galvanise and finally to just sort out our best team. There was a lot of tinkering last season with different formations and personnel from one game to the next, and by the sounds of it a bit more of that tonight with Tanser in midfield. We need to get a settled line up and formation. By all means adapt a little bit for certain opponents and whether we're home or away but generally Hill needs to decide and trust in the best 11 and formation and not change it too much.
What's needed then? on 22:09 - Aug 16 with 2797 viewsD_Alien

What's needed then? on 21:56 - Aug 16 by rich_dale

Didn't go tonight but would get Tanser in the team at LB, Logan in purely to solidify the back five, Lund in CM to galvanise and finally to just sort out our best team. There was a lot of tinkering last season with different formations and personnel from one game to the next, and by the sounds of it a bit more of that tonight with Tanser in midfield. We need to get a settled line up and formation. By all means adapt a little bit for certain opponents and whether we're home or away but generally Hill needs to decide and trust in the best 11 and formation and not change it too much.

I'd agree with all of that.

What's happened so far smacks of playing mind games with his squad, and it's not working.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024