Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Capacity 10:52 - Aug 16 with 15861 viewsbudegan

Rob Phillips phone in on Saturday, a very enthusiastic Swans fan getting into a slightly heated one with Leighton about our potential. Said fan reckoned that if we had the capacity we could command an average gate of 35k, Leighton reckoned 30k.

However with only a few days to go there are still tickets available for our first home game of the season, so am I completely missing something or are they both bonkers?
Potential Capacity on 11:03 - Aug 16 with 6229 viewspencoedjack

Personally would like it around 28k not to lose any atmosphere those who only want to turn up for big games can fuk off.

People only being able to buy tickets sitting on there own has a big effect on tickets in my opinion.
Potential Capacity on 11:05 - Aug 16 with 6209 viewscrix

Potential Capacity on 11:03 - Aug 16 by pencoedjack

Personally would like it around 28k not to lose any atmosphere those who only want to turn up for big games can fuk off.

People only being able to buy tickets sitting on there own has a big effect on tickets in my opinion.

well the easy solution to that would be to make the tickets cheaper
Potential Capacity on 11:08 - Aug 16 with 6193 viewsGowerjack

Absolute bottom line hardcore support - c12k

Premier League hardcore support - c20k

Support when playing a "big team" - c25k

The real issue is the generation of fans we are loosing due to the lack of capacity.

Extend to 25k and leave be.

Oh and while I'm at it no we don't need to buy the stadium that's a myth.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Potential Capacity on 11:14 - Aug 16 with 6170 viewsjack247

Both are bonkers. We would possibly sell out 35k for Man United. We would struggle to get much more than we do now for Hull.

More season tickets and lower match day prices may increase attendances, but that kind of defeats the point. I'm not sure the subsidual revenue from having people at the ground would be that much
Potential Capacity on 11:14 - Aug 16 with 6169 viewscontroversial_jack

Potential Capacity on 11:08 - Aug 16 by Gowerjack

The real issue is the generation of fans we are loosing due to the lack of capacity.

Isn't there a waiting list of something like 8,000 for season tickets? This should give us some idea
Potential Capacity on 11:17 - Aug 16 with 6152 viewsGowerjack

Potential Capacity on 11:14 - Aug 16 by controversial_jack

Isn't there a waiting list of something like 8,000 for season tickets? This should give us some idea

Nope.

If you want one you could buy one today.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Potential Capacity on 11:18 - Aug 16 with 6143 viewsbuilthjack

We could certainly sell another 5-6000 season tickets. Some people have just given up trying to get one as we have been waiting years for expansion and nothing is in the pipeline. We should be in a position now to do it. But doubt we will. Ne owners make a statement on the stadium please.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Potential Capacity on 11:25 - Aug 16 with 6088 viewsAl_Bundy

We should aim for a 30K capacity which would sell out easily against 10 sides.

We could take the ST holders up to 22k with some clever marketing 3k for away fans leaving 5k for floating fans.

Future fans especially the younger element are not attending in numbers as they should due to our limited availability currently
Login to get fewer ads

Potential Capacity on 11:27 - Aug 16 with 6077 viewsunion_jack

Potential Capacity on 11:08 - Aug 16 by Gowerjack

Agree with all of that.

I heard the guy on the phone in. I think he was a little high on adrenalin after our win at Burnley. Maybe something a little stronger.

However, we wouldn't fill 30k every week let alone 35k.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Potential Capacity on 11:27 - Aug 16 with 6072 viewsLandore_Jack

Groups of people like to sit together. Unfortunately, these seats aren't always available.

#backtojack

Potential Capacity on 11:30 - Aug 16 with 6063 viewsjack247

Potential Capacity on 11:27 - Aug 16 by Landore_Jack

Groups of people like to sit together. Unfortunately, these seats aren't always available.

That's always going to be the case unless we build a stadium that we never get near filling
Potential Capacity on 11:31 - Aug 16 with 6051 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 11:03 - Aug 16 by pencoedjack

Exactly, Penc. Everyone would like the chance to sit by their mates wouldn't they?

To the OP - I think the general perception is that available Swans PL tickets are rarer than rocking horse sh*t and people by and large have given up trying.

When expansion happens there is a conundrum. In the initial stage (to 28k) do they club cap the ST availability where it is to see whether the spare tickets all sell out , then when the next increase happens increase the ST availability to 20-22k? Or do they make 20 to 22 K season tickets available to cash in immediately?

I favour the first option and lowering the match day ticket prices to £28 cat b and £35 cat A tickets. It's no use having spare capacity if people are priced out so there isn't a fair reflection of demand .

It's OK flogging off high priced tickets when there's higher demand because they will sell but if we are serious about building a fanbase that will be sustainable then that may be the way to go.

Again to the OP regarding the Leighton argument - this is such an inexact science. We need to experiment carefully with this . But I'm sure there is a demand in Swansea for extra seating . Let alone mid and west Wales, the Valleys, Cardiff and Newport and even the West Country and Ireland. Let's see how our initial expansion goes. I'm sure the Americans have this high up on the agenda.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potential Capacity on 11:38 - Aug 16 with 5995 viewsSwaneeRiver

Potential Capacity on 11:05 - Aug 16 by crix

well the easy solution to that would be to make the tickets cheaper

Looked at the site this morning with a view to buying a single ticket and selling my two.
Only a handful left, so why make them cheaper ?
When they can't fill the ground ( if people get fed up of watching Premier League or we get relegated) then there may be a case for it but ATM no way is it warranted
IMO for the most part 20k is what we'll attract. Not worth expanding for about 6 games a year where there'd be more demand
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 11:46]
Potential Capacity on 11:39 - Aug 16 with 5994 viewsbudegan

Some very interesting and informative posts there, cheers.

You lot should call Rob - would make it a more interesting listen ;)
Potential Capacity on 11:49 - Aug 16 with 5940 viewsSwaneeRiver

I know my view is tinted by my experience of selling tickets when I couldn't attend, but on quite a few occasions I've offered tickets for the to clubs (Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and others) and still struggled to sell them
I think the situation is overhyped IMO
Potential Capacity on 11:50 - Aug 16 with 5934 viewsymaohyd

The question of how big a stadium should be is a difficult one. There are different ways to look at it. As Gowerjack says, the biggest shame with the current size of the stadium is the lost opportunity to generate Swans fans from areas of Wales for generations to come.

If money were not an issue and the owners were willing to pump a fortune into it, I believe we'd sell out a 40k stdium, several times during a season. The downside of that would be that many would be there to see the opposition.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Potential Capacity on 11:59 - Aug 16 with 5893 viewsjackjackjackjack

Do the "next generation" want to go to football matches?

Not being facetious, but is it what they want to do on a Saturday afternoon? Are there noticeably larger attendances of teenagers at grounds that don't sell out, like Southampton, Sunderland?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Potential Capacity on 12:02 - Aug 16 with 5878 viewsLandore_Jack

Do you think the new owners are REALLY interested in building an extension?

[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 12:06]

#backtojack

Potential Capacity on 12:15 - Aug 16 with 5823 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 11:38 - Aug 16 by SwaneeRiver

Looked at the site this morning with a view to buying a single ticket and selling my two.
Only a handful left, so why make them cheaper ?
When they can't fill the ground ( if people get fed up of watching Premier League or we get relegated) then there may be a case for it but ATM no way is it warranted
IMO for the most part 20k is what we'll attract. Not worth expanding for about 6 games a year where there'd be more demand
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 11:46]

It's been warranted since we first came up but because very little has been done apathy has set in over ticker availability. You're selling two but how often can you get two tickets together? That in itself isn't going to enthuse a dad with a young son or daughter to come if they have to sit apart. Same with mates who want to go together.

The other thing that I left out of my post was transport. Cardiff held all the aces there and if they had been run properly they could have filled a 40K stadium . Train links from all of they valleys are superb and if they had a set up which had been nurtured like ours they could have been a big club.

But that's past history for them, a missed opportunity.

It's imperative to sort out better transport to and from the Liberty from Swansea West and town itself, on Saturday's and Sunday's especially. The need for dialogue with the bus company to put on extra services into town after matches to ensure people can get to trains and onward bus connections more easily is a must.

A dedicated Valleys bus service for ST holders at an extra cost levied on the ST? And for fans that don't levy it on the match day ticket price?? Same for Swansea based fans at park and rides etc. A key fob for transport on top of the ST price maybe, paid for at the same time as the ST??

With expansion soon going as high as 32K there could be a call for a park and ride somewhere in Jersey Marine and a return of the one on the rec would be very welcome. These things need to be in negotiation NOW for the planning permission to be granted anyway.

We've let the grass grow under our feet for far too long but better late than never . Let's not let these supporters trickle through our fingers . And once their in let's keep it that way!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potential Capacity on 12:20 - Aug 16 with 5791 viewsNeathJack

Potential Capacity on 11:17 - Aug 16 by Gowerjack

Nope.

Not true.

Someone from my office rang up last Friday and enquired about one and was told to ring back on Dec 1st.
Potential Capacity on 12:23 - Aug 16 with 5767 viewssiralan

26k would be fine.
Potential Capacity on 12:31 - Aug 16 with 5716 viewsdickythorpe

From a personal point of view I cant make every game as I work 1 in 3 weekends so a season ticket wouldnt suit me as I'd miss games.
There obviously must be many like me, plus how many overseas fans do we have with season tickets? Surely they cant make every game?
Potential Capacity on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 5679 viewscontroversial_jack

Potential Capacity on 11:17 - Aug 16 by Gowerjack

Nope.

I just checked with the club and they are sold out
Potential Capacity on 12:40 - Aug 16 with 5660 viewsyescomeon

Was going to make a similar point to jackjackjackjack above. I think the way younger people consume football is not what it was (not that I really know what it was). I've got loads of mates that are super into football but never go to games. I think younger people are happy enough to watch on TV or the internet and never go to the games. Obviously it's a generalisation that will not apply to everyone and for kids it will probably be different. Personally as a 'younger' person it's all about going to games for me, but I think I'm not necessarily a football fan, just a Swansea fan (if people get what I mean - for example I couldn't care less about the champions league or any other premier league game beyond how it imacts the Swans). But I'm sure for plenty of people my age, the internet/premier league generation it's different. Perhaps I would have fallen into that category if I hadn't have started going to games on a bit of a lark back in the league 1 championship days.

That said, I think the stadium should be expanded, gates are such a small part of the revenue for premier league clubs, even if there are extra seat the club can do incentives again for kids and students at the uni, the later being how I got into the Swans.

Upthecity!

Potential Capacity on 12:54 - Aug 16 with 5596 viewsWingstandwood

IMO its a case of having an increase of a few thousand by building an extra tier on the East Stand. I would say full capacity of 26,000 - 28,000 and take it from there if more seating is ever required.
I am one that always knew (and posted) that the club had great potential to fill The Liberty Stadium week in week out and predicted so despite being rubbished by some. The 'some' whom said we would only fill The Liberty Stadium for two or three games a season at Premier League level.........How wrong they were!..... Its sold out every game!

Anyone care to remember the doom and gloomers whom said we should never have left The Vetch? Remember them saying it should have been 'redeveloped' to hold 12,000. There again there are some with a 'Jonah-Complex' whom hate progression and entirely rational positive(s).

Argus!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024