Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland game 10:24 - Aug 29 with 12287 viewsColDale

Any idea why we're playing this next week and not this week? Seems like the only fixture that is next week and not this. I know Chelsea got special permission due to their European commitments but that doesn't affect Sunderland

http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/checkatrade-trophy-group-stage-fixtures-324
Sunderland game on 23:32 - Aug 30 with 2127 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sunderland game on 21:14 - Aug 30 by jimmysbaldhead

340 at Blackpool
392 at Fleetwood
461 at Wimbledon
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 21:17]

Sky are saying 760 at B'pool?

Porkies all round methinks.
Sunderland game on 23:35 - Aug 30 with 2123 viewsBobbyjoe

It's obviously just me, but I find all cup games infinitely more interesting than any run-of-the-mill league game. Chesterfield game was great fun, especially Evans's unique interpretation of the new kick-off rule. AND they're cheap. AND I get to sit in my seat. What's not to like!
Sunderland game on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 1946 viewsfitzochris

Sunderland game on 20:51 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

Not sure how he has been utilised at Norwich, but he predominantly dictated proceedings from the middle, and was easily the Championship's standout attacking midfielder, the season Hamilton went up to the Premier League.

He's probably the type of player we already have in that attacking midfield role, his play being based on his ability to thread passes through to a striker. What he does offer is a goal threat, though - with either foot and his head.

My mate, who watches Hamilton regularly, did say he drifted out of games sometimes, but every time I saw him he did the opposite.

Signed for Dundee United.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sunderland game on 21:49 - Aug 31 with 1900 views442Dale

Sunderland game on 23:32 - Aug 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sky are saying 760 at B'pool?

Porkies all round methinks.

Why porkies?

Anyway, the worse the tournament looks, the better.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sunderland game on 23:00 - Aug 31 with 1820 viewsDaley_Lama

Due to work, i now cannot attend this game.

I suspect i shall be the only fan gutted to be missing this game.

Poll: DF in or out

Sunderland game on 23:01 - Aug 31 with 1813 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland game on 23:00 - Aug 31 by Daley_Lama

Due to work, i now cannot attend this game.

I suspect i shall be the only fan gutted to be missing this game.

Don't think Thacks_Rabbit can make it, all of a sudden

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sunderland game on 23:06 - Aug 31 with 1790 viewsDaley_Lama

Notts C are taking it seriously, 2-1 winners with both teams having a player sent off in the 90th to ight.

Sunderland game on 00:31 - Sep 1 with 1739 viewsbocadave

Would`nt go if it was free entry,and free beer in the dale bar.The competition has lost the little credibility it had.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland game on 01:03 - Sep 1 with 1715 viewsDaley_Lama

If you take the same viewpoint, you would never go to a pre-season friendly.

I have a very personal attachment to this tourney, good or bad.

When i was a kid, we were the poohest team in the country. Everybody was better than us, we were rock bottom in terms of achieving anything. I didn't mind this at all, i flipped it and was proud to support the worst team around.

Secretly however, i wanted Dale to achieve something and when this came along, i foolishly believed we could get to Wembley by the back door.

Everybody and his dog was at Carlisle that night, i personally didn't miss a JPT game for 9 years, home or away such was my misguided hope that we could get there via this comp.

Things have changed completely as we have been to Wembley and been promoted twice by the grace of Hilly, but this only re-enforces my desire to attend games in this comp.

Thar's football for you.

Sunderland game on 06:28 - Sep 1 with 1633 viewsTalkingSutty

Sunderland game on 01:03 - Sep 1 by Daley_Lama

When i was a kid, we were the poohest team in the country. Everybody was better than us, we were rock bottom in terms of achieving anything. I didn't mind this at all, i flipped it and was proud to support the worst team around.

Secretly however, i wanted Dale to achieve something and when this came along, i foolishly believed we could get to Wembley by the back door.

Everybody and his dog was at Carlisle that night, i personally didn't miss a JPT game for 9 years, home or away such was my misguided hope that we could get there via this comp.

Things have changed completely as we have been to Wembley and been promoted twice by the grace of Hilly, but this only re-enforces my desire to attend games in this comp.

Thar's football for you.

It's a bit different than the friendlies to be fair. A lot of Supporters are boycotting this competition because it's been completely re-ashedto accommodate the Premiership Clubs and their younger players. Like the competitions been hijacked.

Meeting were held by the chairmen of the Clubs and the powers that be and supporters feelings haven't be considered. It's a case of like it or lump it and the fans have spoken, they aren't interested in watching a load of kids and fringe players from Premiership Clubs which demeans the competition.Even a lot of the Clubs involved aren't interested with Managers naming themselves in the team, it's just a farce.Having looked at other fans forums some are actively striving to achieve the lowest Crowd possible in order to make the fans voices heard ( or not ).

There was an immediate call to boycott the games and a lot of fans have taken that decision as a way of sticking two fingers up to those who have rode roughshod over the fans feelings and the competition. it's seen as the thin edge of the wedge regarding Premiership Clubs being allowed to introduce B teams to the leagues at some stage. The fans have spoken obviously but it's up to you what you want to do, I want to go to the game to watch the likes of Morley, Hooper and probably even BBM but have decided to resist.

Fans are no longer seen as the lifeblood of Football Clubs because finance comes from various sources which wasn't the case prior to Sky TV involvement. I don't know what percentage of the total budget the home supporters generate at Rochdale (through the turnstiles) but it wouldn't surprise me if it's only something like 30%. The rest being made up of monies from the Football League/ Television Deals/ Visiting Supporters/ Gold bond/Sponsorship/Catering and retail/Prize Money from Cup competitions/ Transfer dealings.

Just the money from the Football League and the Television cut probably eclipses what the home fans contribute through the Turnstiles, so maybe it's not a surprise that the Club have seemed pretty relaxed regarding the dwindling home support, they can re-coup the income from other directions especially having Keith Hill at the helm, who has proved to be a real money cow for the Club.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why many fans feel a very real disconnection. Decades ago Clubs would have folded if it wasn't for the fans and we used to pay the wages, that isn't the case these days. Playing in empty Stadiums is no good for anybody though.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 7:16]
Sunderland game on 08:01 - Sep 1 with 1555 viewsDaley_Lama

All fair points Sutty

Sunderland game on 08:26 - Sep 1 with 1528 viewsdingdangblue

Sunderland game on 01:03 - Sep 1 by Daley_Lama

Thar's football for you.

Its quite amazing that we reached the Northern finals on 2 occasions (unfortunately getting thumped by 2 very strong teams in Carlisle and Stoke) - when our team/squad was certainly nothing like the quality we've seen with Hill in charge - yet we've barely made inroads into the competition for years now. I suppose it used to be a good distraction from our poor league form in those days whereas under Hill its just seen as an inconvenience.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sunderland game on 09:02 - Sep 1 with 1500 viewsTalkingSutty

Sunderland game on 08:01 - Sep 1 by Daley_Lama

All fair points Sutty

Fans used to be treasured, now they're barely tolerated. The games changed and its all about the money.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 11:47]
Sunderland game on 09:11 - Sep 1 with 1483 viewsmilly

Let us all blame Mr James Hill.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 9:12]
Sunderland game on 10:31 - Sep 1 with 1426 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland game on 09:02 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Fans used to be treasured, now they're barely tolerated. The games changed and its all about the money.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 11:47]

I think your point applies more so the further down the leagues you go. Several top ranking clubs have been, or still are, desperate to increase their stadium capacity. Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and no doubt others, have all done so by various means or are striving to do so. Increasing capacity from 40000 to 60000 is much more of a bonus commercially than increasing capacity from 2000 to 3000, even though in percentage terms its the same, for obvious reasons, and once you factor in shop sales etc. It can mean the difference between being able to pay your best players say, £75000 a week and £150000 a week which is possibly the difference between survival in the premiership and competing for a place in Europe.

Milly's point about Jimmy Hill is a good one. The problem arises when this type of silly money filters further down the leagues, and whether it will bottom out at our level to remain affordable, i.e. whether £2500 a week is still a viable option by 2020, or whether £5000 will become the baseline and £10000 the target for run of the mill L1/2 players. We can also blame their agents for turning their heads.

Those players who become free agents after the transfer deadline due to not finding deals at the level they've been used to - you'd have to seriously question their motivation, especially the ones who're aged above say 27 and not going to attract upward moves. At the same time, fans are becoming more choosy - one might say, less naive - in most cases, at any rate.

Sunderland game on 11:55 - Sep 1 with 1379 viewsTalkingSutty

Sunderland game on 10:31 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

I think your point applies more so the further down the leagues you go. Several top ranking clubs have been, or still are, desperate to increase their stadium capacity. Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and no doubt others, have all done so by various means or are striving to do so. Increasing capacity from 40000 to 60000 is much more of a bonus commercially than increasing capacity from 2000 to 3000, even though in percentage terms its the same, for obvious reasons, and once you factor in shop sales etc. It can mean the difference between being able to pay your best players say, £75000 a week and £150000 a week which is possibly the difference between survival in the premiership and competing for a place in Europe.

Milly's point about Jimmy Hill is a good one. The problem arises when this type of silly money filters further down the leagues, and whether it will bottom out at our level to remain affordable, i.e. whether £2500 a week is still a viable option by 2020, or whether £5000 will become the baseline and £10000 the target for run of the mill L1/2 players. We can also blame their agents for turning their heads.

Those players who become free agents after the transfer deadline due to not finding deals at the level they've been used to - you'd have to seriously question their motivation, especially the ones who're aged above say 27 and not going to attract upward moves. At the same time, fans are becoming more choosy - one might say, less naive - in most cases, at any rate.

Fans now have far more choice when it comes to spending their leisure money. There comes a time when you look at what you are actually getting for your money and then ask youself, as a paying customer was it worth it.

As a paying customer was last Saturdays Spotland experience worth it? Its not just the product on the pitch its the whole Matchday Experience,including clean sh*t houses etc.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 11:56]
Sunderland game on 12:19 - Sep 1 with 1345 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland game on 11:55 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

Fans now have far more choice when it comes to spending their leisure money. There comes a time when you look at what you are actually getting for your money and then ask youself, as a paying customer was it worth it.

As a paying customer was last Saturdays Spotland experience worth it? Its not just the product on the pitch its the whole Matchday Experience,including clean sh*t houses etc.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 11:56]

Have to admit, from about the 20th minute until that last gasp equalizer, that's exactly what I'd been asking myself. I wouldn't put up with that standard of fare or facilities in a restaurant. As you say, it's a leisure activity - a lifestyle choice. Always has been, unless you feel a desperate need to belong to a tribe.

Sunderland game on 12:26 - Sep 1 with 1317 viewsupthedale

Prices have been reduced further for this - £5 for adults and £1 for juniors. Assume this is a response to other ties so far. Fair play on the club for reacting in this sense (further positive sign we're willing to make changes such as these), shame it's come to this though.
Sunderland game on 12:27 - Sep 1 with 1305 viewslyberoc

tickets now a fiver ,
Sunderland game on 12:31 - Sep 1 with 1289 views100notout

Sunderland game on 12:26 - Sep 1 by upthedale

Prices have been reduced further for this - £5 for adults and £1 for juniors. Assume this is a response to other ties so far. Fair play on the club for reacting in this sense (further positive sign we're willing to make changes such as these), shame it's come to this though.

Anyone gonna go now that wasn't gonna go before?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Sunderland game on 12:33 - Sep 1 with 1278 viewsjudd

Sunderland game on 12:31 - Sep 1 by 100notout

No

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sunderland game on 12:35 - Sep 1 with 1265 viewsTalkingSutty

Sunderland game on 12:26 - Sep 1 by upthedale

Its the fans that have reduced the prices though. If they hadn't have voted with their feet then prices wouldn't be reduced. Its the same with ST, if everybody keeps handing over cash irrespective of the price then the product just increases. I'm not just talking about our Club,its Football in general. It doesn't have to be loaded in favour of the fans neither but taking supporters for granted and thinking they will keep handing over the cash is short sighted.

A fiver is about all its worth but most fans wouldnt go if it was free because of the principals behind the competition.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 12:38]
Sunderland game on 12:36 - Sep 1 with 1257 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland game on 12:31 - Sep 1 by 100notout

Some might, if there'd been a voucher thrown into the mix for £5 off their next ST (including the pay monthly) and/or an admin fee waiver for junior tickets.

Missed opportunity.

Sunderland game on 14:03 - Sep 1 with 1143 viewschalkyncfc

Fair play to Rochdale for dropping the prices and if it was a warm evening and I had a couple of kids that supported Dale I could be tempted to take them down
Sunderland game on 14:08 - Sep 1 with 1133 viewsjudd

Sunderland game on 14:03 - Sep 1 by chalkyncfc

Fair play to Rochdale for dropping the prices and if it was a warm evening and I had a couple of kids that supported Dale I could be tempted to take them down

Take what down?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024