Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down Again 17:01 - Sep 3 with 6722 viewspearlstreet1

How many times are we going to let in late goals,time and time again,listening today on Dale Player the longer the game went on Oxford would score.
Is it time for a change or not?
Down Again on 17:03 - Sep 3 with 4912 viewsdingdangblue

Must have been a different game - sounded like it was Dale looking like scoring on the Radio.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Down Again on 17:03 - Sep 3 with 4916 viewsDale23years

It's ok we got a good enough squad

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Down Again on 17:04 - Sep 3 with 4907 viewsD_Alien

Yes, things need to change, as many of us have been saying since the start of the season.

What do you mean by a change?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Down Again on 17:04 - Sep 3 with 4864 views442Dale

Down Again on 17:03 - Sep 3 by dingdangblue

Must have been a different game - sounded like it was Dale looking like scoring on the Radio.

Yeah, we did sound like we're doing better but there's a lack of real threat.

Barely heard Davies mentioned.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Down Again on 17:06 - Sep 3 with 4849 viewsDale23years

Down Again on 17:03 - Sep 3 by Dale23years

It's ok we got a good enough squad

I said this at end of last season that I think Keith has took us as far as he can

Don't want him sacked btw YET ANYWAY

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Down Again on 17:06 - Sep 3 with 4838 viewsColDale

Had we decided 0-0 was a good result, we could have stuck with that. We tried to win and they scored on the break. A game of half chances of which we had the majority.
Down Again on 17:09 - Sep 3 with 4768 viewsdingdangblue

Down Again on 17:04 - Sep 3 by 442Dale

Yeah, we did sound like we're doing better but there's a lack of real threat.

Barely heard Davies mentioned.

Very surprised he started today but Calvin not in squad so maybe injury meant Davies started? Certainly didn't see anything at all last week to suggest he was mobile enough to lead our line. Obviously if you are going to lump balls up front he might do a job but we dont play that way.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Down Again (n/t) on 17:10 - Sep 3 with 4764 viewspearlstreet1

Down Again on 17:06 - Sep 3 by Dale23years

I said this at end of last season that I think Keith has took us as far as he can

Don't want him sacked btw YET ANYWAY

Login to get fewer ads

Down Again on 17:11 - Sep 3 with 4728 viewsdalenumber2

It doesn't matter how much we look like we're on top or look like we are going to score,we're not winning so something is wrong and something has to change. Hill is going to have to bite the bullet and take drastic action - he's a proven manager at this level and can do a lot better. However I'm sure he won't be told, it will have to come from himself. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.
Down Again on 17:12 - Sep 3 with 4697 viewsD_Alien

Down Again on 17:09 - Sep 3 by dingdangblue

Very surprised he started today but Calvin not in squad so maybe injury meant Davies started? Certainly didn't see anything at all last week to suggest he was mobile enough to lead our line. Obviously if you are going to lump balls up front he might do a job but we dont play that way.

He joined us supposedly because we play the ball along the floor. Did he get many balls played through to him? What happened when he did?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Down Again on 17:15 - Sep 3 with 4647 viewsDaleFan7

Whilst we insist on playing 1 striker, and that striker not knowing where the net is, we're not going to score enough goals to keep us in this division.
Down Again on 17:15 - Sep 3 with 4643 viewspearlstreet1

The likes of Joe Bunny and so will be Keith Hill downfall.
Down Again on 17:19 - Sep 3 with 4580 viewsNinco

Everybody says Keith Hill is the most successful manager we have had and nobody could do better, but how long do you let him dine out on those past successes before a change is made? I know we are on a low budget but I think some of the current squad are not even good enough for league 2. I don't want Hill sacked, but all the work he did in building up the promotion winning team got stripped bare when too many key players were allowed to leave and these players will never be as good as the ones we have lost, so I am concerned that we will head for non league oblivion if we don't do something about it. I think Hill has run out of ideas and although any other manager would have to operate with the same players on the same budget, they might just have some fresh ideas and tactics that can keep us in league 1.
Down Again on 17:23 - Sep 3 with 4529 viewsDaleFan7

Down Again on 17:19 - Sep 3 by Ninco

Everybody says Keith Hill is the most successful manager we have had and nobody could do better, but how long do you let him dine out on those past successes before a change is made? I know we are on a low budget but I think some of the current squad are not even good enough for league 2. I don't want Hill sacked, but all the work he did in building up the promotion winning team got stripped bare when too many key players were allowed to leave and these players will never be as good as the ones we have lost, so I am concerned that we will head for non league oblivion if we don't do something about it. I think Hill has run out of ideas and although any other manager would have to operate with the same players on the same budget, they might just have some fresh ideas and tactics that can keep us in league 1.

So basically, you do want him sacked!? Very contradictory post.
Down Again on 17:28 - Sep 3 with 4483 viewsupthedale2403

By past successes I take it you mean last season? We're a month in to the new season confidence is low we were on top today for large parts give it time Hill has done nothing to suggest he can't turn it round!! First real blip Hill has had as our manager and people "don't want him sacked yet" it's laughable.
Down Again on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 4436 viewsdingdangblue

How long do you let him dine out on past success - you are talking like he was successful 10-15 years ago! Its only last season we had record points at this level and the season before record position in 8th. He will get it right. And even if we got relegated I wouldn't sack him.

Down Again on 18:21 - Sep 3 with 4163 viewsRobRAFC23

Down Again on 17:32 - Sep 3 by dingdangblue

How long do you let him dine out on past success - you are talking like he was successful 10-15 years ago! Its only last season we had record points at this level and the season before record position in 8th. He will get it right. And even if we got relegated I wouldn't sack him.

The league isnt as good as everyone makes it out to be. As shown last season we was very inconsistent pretty much had an even record. We could of easily got play offs with more consistent performances. Hill tries the same thing over and over again. Its to predictable and teams know how we play now. And if we got relegated i would want him sacked as this is not a good league at all. Hill needs to come up with new ideas and actually buy some creditable players. We havent replaced our best players that have left in previous seasons. You can't go on about having the same success this year and to give Hill time as we dont have the same quality as what we did previous years so you cant expect us actually do something this season. We simple dont have a good squad and there are to many weak links that arnt good enough for League 1.
Down Again on 18:45 - Sep 3 with 4045 viewsdingdangblue

Down Again on 18:21 - Sep 3 by RobRAFC23

The league isnt as good as everyone makes it out to be. As shown last season we was very inconsistent pretty much had an even record. We could of easily got play offs with more consistent performances. Hill tries the same thing over and over again. Its to predictable and teams know how we play now. And if we got relegated i would want him sacked as this is not a good league at all. Hill needs to come up with new ideas and actually buy some creditable players. We havent replaced our best players that have left in previous seasons. You can't go on about having the same success this year and to give Hill time as we dont have the same quality as what we did previous years so you cant expect us actually do something this season. We simple dont have a good squad and there are to many weak links that arnt good enough for League 1.

We don't buy players.

Down Again on 18:51 - Sep 3 with 3996 viewsRobRAFC23

Down Again on 18:45 - Sep 3 by dingdangblue

We don't buy players.

I know thats the problem
Down Again on 18:53 - Sep 3 with 3983 viewsLuke8686

Better team lost today. We created enough to win comfortably but we're just not getting the rub of the green at the moment. We're gonna be fine, it's a fine line between being winning and losing sometimes and we're just on the wrong side of that line at the moment. Can't really say any of our players (apart from maybe Odelusi) had a bad game today and it was an entertaining game to watch. We're not being outplayed in any of our games so surely our luck will come.
Down Again on 19:29 - Sep 3 with 3821 viewsdingdangblue

Down Again on 18:51 - Sep 3 by RobRAFC23

I know thats the problem

Since when? 5 games ago? Some people have VERY short memories

Down Again on 20:04 - Sep 3 with 3681 viewsNinco

Down Again on 17:28 - Sep 3 by upthedale2403

By past successes I take it you mean last season? We're a month in to the new season confidence is low we were on top today for large parts give it time Hill has done nothing to suggest he can't turn it round!! First real blip Hill has had as our manager and people "don't want him sacked yet" it's laughable.

I said exactly the same thing last time we got relegated and people slated me for it because I suggested a change far too early, but when it got close to the end of the season and we were fighting relegation, those same people were back on here saying we should have done something about it earlier. We will see if you still feel the same about it at the end of the season.

Anyone can see that Hill has lost his influence. The players don't respond when he shouts instructions to him and they do their own thing. The team aren't gelling together. The players are being outclassed every week.
Down Again on 20:11 - Sep 3 with 3638 viewsdingdangblue

Down Again on 20:04 - Sep 3 by Ninco

I said exactly the same thing last time we got relegated and people slated me for it because I suggested a change far too early, but when it got close to the end of the season and we were fighting relegation, those same people were back on here saying we should have done something about it earlier. We will see if you still feel the same about it at the end of the season.

Anyone can see that Hill has lost his influence. The players don't respond when he shouts instructions to him and they do their own thing. The team aren't gelling together. The players are being outclassed every week.

Yeah because Steve Eyre is just like Hilly.

Down Again on 20:12 - Sep 3 with 3631 views442Dale

Down Again on 20:04 - Sep 3 by Ninco

We made a change when we still had a chance of avoiding relegation, we still went down. Eyre wasn't sacked too late really.The problem that season was we were devoid of real quality, this squad has good players. Just not enough of them.

Where is the example of players not responding? I'm not saying things are great, but let's not confuse poor form and a squad which is a bit light with a manager losing his influence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Down Again on 20:29 - Sep 3 with 3545 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Down Again on 17:06 - Sep 3 by ColDale

Had we decided 0-0 was a good result, we could have stuck with that. We tried to win and they scored on the break. A game of half chances of which we had the majority.

Trouble is,we will need wins to get away from the bottom........we are already 12 (twelve) points behind Bolton after 6 games.

Draws aint good no more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024