Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Utd 06:24 - Apr 9 with 2998 viewsFredManRave

Got promoted today after 7 years in League 1. Except for them ruining a birthday beano that we had up there in 99 when we lost 2-0 in an appalling game of football i've actually got nothing against them. A big club who've suffered and served their time.

I actually think they'll do well back in the Championship next year. They must be preying that the Owls don't get promoted...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sheff Utd on 07:01 - Apr 9 with 2969 viewsYorkRanger

Glad they are up, another local away day. Sheffield is a great city and Bramall Lane is a proper football ground.

We've always done ok there when I have been. Vague recollection of a cup win mid-week when I think they were in a higher division than us. Could be wrong but think Martin Rowlands scored a couple.
Sheff Utd on 07:25 - Apr 9 with 2942 viewsstowmarketrange

We met a few Utd fans in Liverpool when we won at Everton in our 1st season back in the premier league.They were away at Tranmere.We had a good chat about Warnock and Paddy Kenny.
Who would've thought it would have taken them so long to get out of that division?And that we would've had such a rollercoaster ride since then?
I'm pleased that they finally made it back up.
Sheff Utd on 15:33 - Apr 9 with 2660 viewssmegma

The Blades are not a big club.
Sheff Utd on 16:14 - Apr 9 with 2612 viewsBoston

Sheff Utd on 15:33 - Apr 9 by smegma

The Blades are not a big club.

S'right, but soon they'll have to play in a four sided ground.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sheff Utd on 16:48 - Apr 9 with 2567 views18StoneOfHoop

Evil Ladbroke Grove Lancaster West estate Chris Wren educated Spud Les will be pleased.
Start of the season it will be the 25th anniversary season of this:

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Sheff Utd on 18:22 - Apr 9 with 2467 viewsonlyrinmoray

I was there when Steve Slade scored... didn't happen very often
Sheff Utd on 18:28 - Apr 9 with 2461 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Always liked Sheffield United. Ideally, the Championship would have no Northern teams in it as we always struggle up there but, that apart, I'm pleased for the Blades.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sheff Utd on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 2393 viewsVancouverHoop

Soft spot for the Blades. They were my Dad's team, and the first few league matches I attended were at Bramall Lane. Their youth team played home games in the park at the end of our road. I have a fuzzy memory (I must have been 4 or 5) of retrieving the ball from a bush for the goalie, and receiving a pat on the head and wink in thanks. I can't say for sure but it was likely future international Alan Hodgkinson, the timing's about right.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Utd on 19:57 - Apr 9 with 2376 viewsdistortR

Never liked them. Horrible fans, on 3 occasions.
Sheff Utd on 20:04 - Apr 9 with 2351 viewsBoston

Sheff Utd on 18:28 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Always liked Sheffield United. Ideally, the Championship would have no Northern teams in it as we always struggle up there but, that apart, I'm pleased for the Blades.

Colin W*nkers team.

Sheff Utd on 21:07 - Apr 9 with 2269 viewsNorfolk

I know it's not the club or fans but I've never liked them since Dave Thomas was given a rough time, putting it mildly,by the stewards for selling A Kick up the R's at half time on the concourse.
Sheff Utd on 09:08 - Apr 10 with 2101 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When we beat them 2-1 up therein the 90s, some really brave bloke lamped me one, before running in among his mates. Because I heard him coming, I braced myself, leant into him and so he basically hit a brick wall.

I stood there motionless and while a mate said you just looked hard, it was shock that after so many matches, I'd got tagged. A scummy SY pig came over and started having a go, whereupon several United fans came over, told the git-in-uniform what happened and pointed to the braveheart and said, 'arrest him!' Of course, the prick walked away from his duties.

The United fans insisted on walking back to the station with us in case braveheart and his chums wanted to trade. We suggested beers, but they had to push on. Decent genuine lads and when United came south my chums and I met up with them. Kicked the crap out of them as you'd expect, but they learned some respect! (last sentence only joking)

Soft spot for the Blades ever since.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sheff Utd on 09:47 - Apr 10 with 2064 viewspaulparker

Sheff Utd on 09:08 - Apr 10 by PlanetHonneywood

When we beat them 2-1 up therein the 90s, some really brave bloke lamped me one, before running in among his mates. Because I heard him coming, I braced myself, leant into him and so he basically hit a brick wall.

I stood there motionless and while a mate said you just looked hard, it was shock that after so many matches, I'd got tagged. A scummy SY pig came over and started having a go, whereupon several United fans came over, told the git-in-uniform what happened and pointed to the braveheart and said, 'arrest him!' Of course, the prick walked away from his duties.

The United fans insisted on walking back to the station with us in case braveheart and his chums wanted to trade. We suggested beers, but they had to push on. Decent genuine lads and when United came south my chums and I met up with them. Kicked the crap out of them as you'd expect, but they learned some respect! (last sentence only joking)

Soft spot for the Blades ever since.

Having spoken to a few Northampton fans in the office this morning seems like they took over took some of the home areas and attacked a few old boys in the disabled section of the ground
classy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sheff Utd on 10:18 - Apr 10 with 2034 viewsNW10Hoop

One of my best mates supports Sheffield United and all I can remember are the times he's come to Loftus Road and been annoyingly magnanimous when they've beaten us.

Can we please destroy them next season?
Sheff Utd on 10:43 - Apr 10 with 2006 viewsTacticalR

Tony Currie was the Football in the Community officer there and is still the club ambassador.

Sheffield United: Greatest ever Blade, Tony Currie gives Chris Wilder a ringing endorsement
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-greate

Air hostess clique

Sheff Utd on 13:29 - Apr 10 with 1914 viewsmakaveli1882

Always been a Horrible Club,horrible fans, horrible players, horrible managers, horrible stewards, and dont forget their famous Old Bill.
Sheff Utd on 22:07 - Apr 10 with 1798 viewsenfieldargh

I prefer Wednesday, shepherds pie on a Wednesday

Only good thing about united is pre match post match is better than that horrible tram journey to hillsborough

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sheff Utd on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 1790 viewsTacticalR

On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea.

Air hostess clique

Sheff Utd on 23:22 - Apr 10 with 1708 views18StoneOfHoop

Sheff Utd on 22:15 - Apr 10 by TacticalR

On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea.

..dat's v familiar,Tactical. What song lyric is it?
<#HeadscratchingAlzheimersOnset>

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Sheff Utd on 23:48 - Apr 10 with 1676 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheff Utd on 23:22 - Apr 10 by 18StoneOfHoop

..dat's v familiar,Tactical. What song lyric is it?
<#HeadscratchingAlzheimersOnset>

I'm a lumberjack.
Sheff Utd on 23:58 - Apr 10 with 1662 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Sheff Utd on 01:30 - Apr 11 with 1622 viewskensalriser

Sheff Utd on 21:07 - Apr 9 by Norfolk

I know it's not the club or fans but I've never liked them since Dave Thomas was given a rough time, putting it mildly,by the stewards for selling A Kick up the R's at half time on the concourse.

Wasn't that Wednesday?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sheff Utd on 02:44 - Apr 11 with 1603 viewsBoston

Sheff Utd on 01:30 - Apr 11 by kensalriser

Wasn't that Wednesday?

How would you know, you never leave London?

Sheff Utd on 04:52 - Apr 11 with 1584 viewsFredManRave

Sheff Utd on 21:07 - Apr 9 by Norfolk

That may have been at the game i mentioned in the op as I definitely remember a similar incident unless of course it's happened on several occasions.

Going back to that game I remember we got un a cab and told the driver to take us to a pub close to the ground. So he took us to the Cricketers on Bramall Lane! It was suggested we leave due to our accents and one of us wearing hoops. Fortunately we made It out of there ok.

We lost 2-0 and I always remember how my nonfootballing mates said things like, "Is It always this shit" and "How can you enjoy this shít". They just didn't get It.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sheff Utd on 06:53 - Apr 11 with 1546 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheff Utd on 04:52 - Apr 11 by FredManRave

That may have been at the game i mentioned in the op as I definitely remember a similar incident unless of course it's happened on several occasions.

Going back to that game I remember we got un a cab and told the driver to take us to a pub close to the ground. So he took us to the Cricketers on Bramall Lane! It was suggested we leave due to our accents and one of us wearing hoops. Fortunately we made It out of there ok.

We lost 2-0 and I always remember how my nonfootballing mates said things like, "Is It always this shit" and "How can you enjoy this shít". They just didn't get It.

New Year's Day in 1990-91?Thirty minutes into our game away in Sheffield we were 1-0 down,we'd missed a penalty and Andy Sinton had broken his leg.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024