Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi 15:33 - Aug 4 with 79880 viewsDarran

He's off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi on 10:45 - Aug 5 with 3749 viewsTheFranchise

Is he still here?
Gylfi on 11:09 - Aug 5 with 3606 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi on 10:45 - Aug 5 by TheFranchise

Is he still here?

There has been no ITK posts/tweets stating it's happening today yet
Gylfi on 11:48 - Aug 5 with 3446 viewsSTID2017

Gylfi on 09:48 - Aug 5 by magicdaps10

We are up against a wall just as much as Everton as it stands now.

Time is ticking and the longer it goes on the more it affects us, we have to get this done soon. Gylfi obviously wants out and we need replacements.........the gap between now and the window is shortening.

We want 50M but realistically, i i wouldn't argue over 2/3 million.

We need it done asap so we can get the 3/4 players in that will make our squad stronger.

How are we up against a wall same as Everton ?
Gylfi is contracted to play for us until such time as he signs for another club.
If they don't pay up we have a class player going into the start of the season (at least).
Everton don't get a player they've hunted for a while now and leaves them with a gap to fill.
If the deal is done I've no doubt we'll move for players PC will have identified to fill the gap left by Gylfi

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi on 11:52 - Aug 5 with 3419 viewsSenhin

Gylfi on 11:48 - Aug 5 by STID2017

Gylfi is contracted to play for us until such time as he signs for another club.
If they don't pay up we have a class player going into the start of the season (at least).
Everton don't get a player they've hunted for a while now and leaves them with a gap to fill.
If the deal is done I've no doubt we'll move for players PC will have identified to fill the gap left by Gylfi

They probably mean that if it keeps dragging on and then goes through near the end of the window we won't have much time to spend the money and then get those players up to speed with our tactics etc.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Gylfi on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 3402 viewsMagic_Michu

If no deal by Monday then he stays.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Gylfi on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 3394 viewsraynor94

Gylfi on 11:48 - Aug 5 by STID2017

Of course we are up against a wall, do you believe he's going to play against Saints if he's still here? If this carries on till the window closes, we could be up shit creek.......

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi on 11:56 - Aug 5 with 3389 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi on 11:52 - Aug 5 by Senhin

They probably mean that if it keeps dragging on and then goes through near the end of the window we won't have much time to spend the money and then get those players up to speed with our tactics etc.

Which Everton know.

He's going to Everton whether it be tomorrow or deadline day, the delay is hurting us more than them.
Gylfi on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 3378 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi on 11:54 - Aug 5 by Magic_Michu

If no deal by Monday then he stays.

Should have been last Monday imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi on 11:59 - Aug 5 with 3354 viewsMattG

Gylfi on 11:54 - Aug 5 by raynor94

Of course we are up against a wall, do you believe he's going to play against Saints if he's still here? If this carries on till the window closes, we could be up shit creek.......

If he's still here next Saturday and Clement reckons he's the best option then he has to play, surely. I can understand them not playing him in friendlies but once the real business starts, that has to change.
Gylfi on 12:06 - Aug 5 with 3317 viewsWhiterockin

Gylfi on 11:56 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

Which Everton know.

He's going to Everton whether it be tomorrow or deadline day, the delay is hurting us more than them.

Not necessarily so. Squad names for the next round of the Europa League must be given in on Monday. Without Siggy they could well go out in the next round before the group stages.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Gylfi on 12:11 - Aug 5 with 3284 viewsAnotherJohn

That is a point the Evertonians are making on their forums too. I certainly don't think that having taken things this far we should cave in before that Monday deadline. I might have put Gylfi on the bench for today as part of the bargaining tactics.
Gylfi on 12:13 - Aug 5 with 3269 viewsWhiterockin

Gylfi on 12:11 - Aug 5 by AnotherJohn

That is a point the Evertonians are making on their forums too. I certainly don't think that having taken things this far we should cave in before that Monday deadline. I might have put Gylfi on the bench for today as part of the bargaining tactics.

If we really don't care if we sell him or not put him on the pitch.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Gylfi on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 3220 viewsAnotherJohn

Gylfi on 12:13 - Aug 5 by Whiterockin

If we really don't care if we sell him or not put him on the pitch.

Also rumours of a dark horse rival lurking. The Toffees may need to pull their finger out if they want Gylfi.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 12:25]
Gylfi on 12:26 - Aug 5 with 3209 viewsmax936

Gylfi on 12:06 - Aug 5 by Whiterockin

Not necessarily so. Squad names for the next round of the Europa League must be given in on Monday. Without Siggy they could well go out in the next round before the group stages.

The same could happen with Siggy, which would be the icing on top of the 50mill.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gylfi on 12:29 - Aug 5 with 3182 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi on 11:59 - Aug 5 by MattG

If he's still here next Saturday and Clement reckons he's the best option then he has to play, surely. I can understand them not playing him in friendlies but once the real business starts, that has to change.

Didn't Scotty (now the best player in the pub league) play at QPR when he was about to go to Man City ?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 12:31]
Gylfi on 12:48 - Aug 5 with 3079 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi on 12:29 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

Didn't Scotty (now the best player in the pub league) play at QPR when he was about to go to Man City ?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 12:31]

Yep, and Bony, also at QPR.

This not playing him is a joke. It's obvious he's off there so get the deal done or it doesn't happen simple as that.

We are basically just keeping an Everton player fit in training and paying his wages to boot.
Gylfi on 12:50 - Aug 5 with 3060 viewsangryjack

Are you lot that stupid you can't see what's happening.the yanks are playing games they waiting until deadline day and then sell him for 40 million no time for replacements happy days the starving kants
Gylfi on 12:50 - Aug 5 with 3058 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 12:24 - Aug 5 by AnotherJohn

Also rumours of a dark horse rival lurking. The Toffees may need to pull their finger out if they want Gylfi.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 12:25]

Please no. Let's just get this done. It's a fcking farce already, last thing we want is it dragging on longer.
Gylfi on 14:01 - Aug 5 with 2812 viewsSTID2017

Gylfi on 12:50 - Aug 5 by angryjack

Are you lot that stupid you can't see what's happening.the yanks are playing games they waiting until deadline day and then sell him for 40 million no time for replacements happy days the starving kants

So they backed the manager In January, plus allowed him to bring in Rocky, just to allow us to go into September minus Gylfi & with no other signings, to face another relegation battle and see their "investment" go down the Swanee
Makes sense to me - must be one of the stupid lot you refer to

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi on 14:12 - Aug 5 with 2763 viewsMoscowJack

Lallana out for 3 months.

Gylfi would be a much better fit for the red side of Merseyside too.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Gylfi on 14:37 - Aug 5 with 2635 viewstomdickharry

Except for some sound bites from Mr Clement,"imminent" being one,the silence from the corridors of power at our club has been at an all time high in respect of the situation regarding Siggy. The game later today will give an indication whether the squad is ready for the forthcoming season or conversely whether new recruits are urgently required.
Gylfi on 14:57 - Aug 5 with 2552 viewsFlashberryjack

Gylfi on 14:37 - Aug 5 by tomdickharry

Except for some sound bites from Mr Clement,"imminent" being one,the silence from the corridors of power at our club has been at an all time high in respect of the situation regarding Siggy. The game later today will give an indication whether the squad is ready for the forthcoming season or conversely whether new recruits are urgently required.

I would have thought that the majority of Swans fans would already know that our present 1st team squad needs substantial strengthening, without watching today's game.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gylfi on 16:32 - Aug 5 with 2394 viewsPrivate_Partz

Gylfi on 14:37 - Aug 5 by tomdickharry

Radio silence from Jenkins is the norm nowadays. You could not shut him up before the sell out. Clem must be thouroughly fed up having to field all the press questions about the Siggy saga.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gylfi on 16:40 - Aug 5 with 2350 viewsraynor94

Gylfi on 10:02 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

Pre season is about preparation. We have been without two players which were pretty much are only threats last season. We have all known for months Siggy is off but we can't replace.

7 x days until start of the season, any replacement / replacements will have zero time to settle in. I'd say it's been a complete clusterf*ck of a pre season, and from Clements interviews I think he agrees.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 10:02]

100% agree, we as a club have learnt nothing at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi on 16:51 - Aug 6 with 1976 viewsTheFranchise

he's still bloody here isn't he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024