Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Rochdale fans... 23:43 - Aug 24 with 17446 viewsBURYFC_1885

... I congratulate you in advance for your easy victory on Saturday..

On a more serious note, what's the feeling around the Dale camp ahead of Saturdays game?

I think any Bury fan would tell you they'd be amazed if Bury got anything from this fixture.. given our abysmal recent record at Spotland and poor form coming into the game. Lee Clark has done little so far to give the fans any optimism.

But who knows... they say form goes out of the window for Derby matches..

I'll go for 3-1 Dale.. Attendance of 4,900 with 1,600 Shakers. Play anything like we did in the league under Flitcroft at Spotland and it will get ugly after the match.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 23:44]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:14 - Aug 25 with 1728 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:50 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Bury have been a football club for 132 years.. 128 of those spent balancing the books just like Rochdale do. As for the 'enough strong willed fans' comment you simply cannot make such comments unless you find yourself in a similar situation.

Are you suggesting also, that Blackpool, Coventry and Leyton Orient fans are not strong willed enough?

Again as for the 'silence is deafening' comment.. simply not true. For reasons highlighted in previous posts of mine.

At the end of the Day (pun not intended) it is the chairman that owns the club TalkingSutty.. if the Dale Trust has been effectively dissolved then what is calling him out going to achieve?

Is the thread too far gone to wish both sets of supporters a good game on Saturday?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:53]

Fans of Blackpool, Coventry and Leyton Orient have been extremely strong-willed.

In fact, in Blackpool's case, look at how many of them boycotted the play-off final. Their crowd v MK Dons was the third-lowest in League One so far this season. They have voted with their feet.

I was at Coventry last October when their fans held a march and protest about the owners and what they had done to the club.

Leyton Orient now have new owners. The previous owner had taken them to relegation, so it's a long way back, but their fans are certainly strong-willed enough. Remember their last home game of last season getting abandoned and then continued in an empty stadium?

And 'Bury have been a football club for 132 years.. 128 of those spent balancing the books'... What about the Hugh Eaves' era?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:16 - Aug 25 with 1721 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:13 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

I said myself it was on a much smaller scale, but I also said you have a choice whether to support a rip-off merchant's endeavours at other people's expense. Fans of every club have that choice, and you're entitled to make your own decisions but i wouldn't set foot in Spotland under the same circumstances

[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:25]

I support the club that I have supported for many a year. Not necessarily the regime. If you'd stop supporting Rochdale in similar circumstances then that's fine, but don't say that and then state that Dale fans would run the owner out of town.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:16 - Aug 25 with 1720 viewsDanny1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:56 - Aug 25 by R11BFC

Coz i'm bored and 'enjoying' it.

As Camden Dale says:

Christ almighty, the guy just came on to ask what Dale fans think about the game on Saturday. Give it a rest. Bury is just a football club not a source of evil.

This high minded moral hysteria is a freaking bore if nothing else...

As you well know, i'm not a fan of Mr Day and have done all sorts - writing to the press, contacting radio stations, arranging a private meeting with him, etc., etc. Even enlisting the help from some of the more sensible guys on here. But as Camden Dale says, it has become a bit of a bore now and tbf to Mr Day he has 'written' some of the debt off and we're seeing some fruition from our youth policy. I still think it will all go pear shaped though...as many Bury fans do.

Anyway, back to the OP's question - we're gonna get fookin' spanked. Camps, Allen & Co will run rings around our midfield.

As far as I'm aware Camps is injured and Hill's persistence of playing either Canavan or McNulty is going to ruin what is the potential to be a great team. We've looked toothless going forward but the goals will come with Davies, Done et al.

We have a great record against you in recent times and while I'm always pessimistic when we play you, I have no doubt we'll lose tomorrow - I hope I'm wrong but Beckford will ruin our defence. If Nthle is playing just attack down the left side and you'll have no problems scoring.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:17 - Aug 25 with 1717 viewsScunnydale

I freely admit this isn't exactly the same as what you're going through now, but it's the closest example that's happened during my time as a fan.

John Coleman's team were dirty, occasionally cheating, and the Dale fans felt that style of play wasn't what we want to be associated with. We let him know and, consequently, he arranged to meet a few fans face-to-face. That was fan pressure.

I'm aware that won't work with Day, and I'm sure I've read a few times that you've tried this approach. Therefore, the ones of you that are concerned about his stewardship (as opposed to His Stewartship, which I'm sure he'd rather you address him as) are left with no other option but to hit him where it hurts: in his empty, bottomless pockets. Protest at games, stay away from games. Anything that isn't certain fans being distracted from the matters at hand by another shiny bauble he occasionally throws at you.

I consider Bury a rival team and very much enjoy it when we beat you. However, I don't want you to go out of business. Nor do I want you or any other team to take the p155 as you (as a club) currently seem to be doing.

Good luck in your quest.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:17 - Aug 25 with 1716 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:00 - Aug 25 by CamdenDale

Christ almighty, the guy just came on to ask what Dale fans think about the game on Saturday. Give it a rest. Bury is just a football club not a source of evil.

This high minded moral hysteria is a freaking bore if nothing else...

This chap might be the genuine article, but unfortunately he's suffering from the actions of the likes of milly, PDIDDY et al, who have clearly come on here determined to cause trouble.

And any Dale fan who dare step onto their board gets the same, if not worse, treatment.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:18 - Aug 25 with 1709 viewsD_Alien

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:16 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

I support the club that I have supported for many a year. Not necessarily the regime. If you'd stop supporting Rochdale in similar circumstances then that's fine, but don't say that and then state that Dale fans would run the owner out of town.

I didn't say that about the owner, but once the fanbase went he'd be out of there (Day) as quick as his fat arse could shift him

You have that choice, live with the criticism

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:18 - Aug 25 with 1709 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:42 - Aug 25 by TalkingSutty

What would i do about it if my Club was millions and millions of pounds in debt but then signed a load of high rollers on wages that clearly couldn't be serviced on one of the poorest home attendances in the lower leagues?...i'd shit myself. Then whenever i picked up a newspaper and was wondering when our next court summons was due it would give me sleepless nights. The local companies that are made to whistle for their money would make me feel embarrassed.

I feel at Rochdale we have enough strong willed fans to run any Day like character out of town or at least put them on the back foot. It's a convenient excuse to say that you aren't happy, but really the silence from your fans is deafening.

We try to balance the books and constantly sell our best players to replace them with players of less ability, one step forward, two steps back. You tell me, on burys gates how can they afford to bring in the players they have and service that hugh debt whilst maintaining the day to day running of the Club?

And don't forget, TS, we did have a dodgy director, whose motives were extremely suspicious.

He was eventually run out of town due to the actions and personal expense of two Dale fans.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:21 - Aug 25 with 1694 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:05 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

A good and fair post

However comparing the time when Rochdale got a new DJ to the task of effectively removing clubs owner is a poor comparison..

One is a relatively trivial matter the other is asking the chairman to leave the club likely against his will. I think you'd find the latter task much harder.. ask Leyton Orient, Coventry or Blackpool fans.

Perhaps one day this holier than thou attitude will be tested if Dale find themselves in such a situation. Regardless.. I shall leave it at that this thread has ran its course.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:08]

As soon as a Bury fans says "holier than thou attitude" he loses any credibility as true colours slowly start to emerge.

Login to get fewer ads

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:22 - Aug 25 with 1685 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:18 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

And don't forget, TS, we did have a dodgy director, whose motives were extremely suspicious.

He was eventually run out of town due to the actions and personal expense of two Dale fans.

Eventually being the key word there. We shall see won't we.. you think Bury fans won't act at a chairman killing the club?

Time will tell won't it, for both clubs.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:23 - Aug 25 with 1680 viewsburymeinexile

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:17 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

This chap might be the genuine article, but unfortunately he's suffering from the actions of the likes of milly, PDIDDY et al, who have clearly come on here determined to cause trouble.

And any Dale fan who dare step onto their board gets the same, if not worse, treatment.

Yes. I really dislike the element who do that. A similar thing has happened to me for having the temerity to praise how Rochdale as a football club go about their business or saying Callum Camps is a special talent. It won't stop me from doing those things, even if it irritates people.

In truth, Rochdale are 'just' another football club to me (and I mean that in a good way). The days when I cared about any rivalry are long gone. However, I do enjoy coming on here as I have for years because there are fans who have seen season after season of circling the drain in the fourth tier and yet still supported their side regardless... and there are younger fans who chose to follow their local team instead of the easier option of one of the giants a few miles away.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:26 - Aug 25 with 1669 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:21 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

As soon as a Bury fans says "holier than thou attitude" he loses any credibility as true colours slowly start to emerge.

Holier than thou attitudes, going off its definition, is exactly what has been displayed here by some but not all Dale fans.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:28 - Aug 25 with 1662 viewsClivert

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:17 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

.......and then they accuse the wrong person of being KingKeith!

Nice one Tufnell.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:29 - Aug 25 with 1649 viewsD_Alien

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:26 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Holier than thou attitudes, going off its definition, is exactly what has been displayed here by some but not all Dale fans.

There's nowt like taking the moral low ground, as it were...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:31 - Aug 25 with 1642 viewsdawlishdale

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:13 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Fair points but with all due respect our situation at this moment isn't quite as severe as Blackpool and Blackburn.. the chairman has at least reduced debt as R11 says. We shall see won't we but I don't think it's at the boycott stage yet. We haven't been placed under any sanctions as I've gone over.

But he hasn't reduced the "real debt" He has just done a huge revaluation on the assets in the business to cover up the losses and the debt.

It's a difficult one for the genuine bury fans I admit. but from afar, most of you appear to not be doing anything to address the gross overtrading. If I were Forever Bury, I'd be fuming about the treatment they had, and would be organising a real voice to stand up to Day et al Otherwise, what is the point of them existing?

As for the game tomorrow, I'll be setting off this afternoon, and am not confident of getting the usual good result against you... Surely all the latest highly paid signings will be too strong for us? Genuine question, as I've not seen much on this, but: How much did Harry Bunn cost (Ipswich bid £1/2m plus just before you signed him I'm told)

Please don't bring the usual idiots/battery chuckers and wannabee hooligans this year, but enjoy yourselves within reason !!!
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:32 - Aug 25 with 1629 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:26 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

But it's a comment that turns a blind eye to what's going on.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:33 - Aug 25 with 1625 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:31 - Aug 25 by dawlishdale

But he hasn't reduced the "real debt" He has just done a huge revaluation on the assets in the business to cover up the losses and the debt.

It's a difficult one for the genuine bury fans I admit. but from afar, most of you appear to not be doing anything to address the gross overtrading. If I were Forever Bury, I'd be fuming about the treatment they had, and would be organising a real voice to stand up to Day et al Otherwise, what is the point of them existing?

As for the game tomorrow, I'll be setting off this afternoon, and am not confident of getting the usual good result against you... Surely all the latest highly paid signings will be too strong for us? Genuine question, as I've not seen much on this, but: How much did Harry Bunn cost (Ipswich bid £1/2m plus just before you signed him I'm told)

Please don't bring the usual idiots/battery chuckers and wannabee hooligans this year, but enjoy yourselves within reason !!!

Rumours suggest Harry Bunn cost 600k. What a waste of money, right?

For what it's worth, there's a suspicion in me that the reason we offer 3 year deals to all and sundry is because it puts us ahead of the competing clubs, but we won't have to pay the rest up if the club does fold within the next 3 years. Poor practice I know, but there you go.. that's my feeling anyway.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:36]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:33 - Aug 25 with 1620 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:22 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Eventually being the key word there. We shall see won't we.. you think Bury fans won't act at a chairman killing the club?

Time will tell won't it, for both clubs.

'Eventually' was about six months.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:39 - Aug 25 with 1597 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:33 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Rumours suggest Harry Bunn cost 600k. What a waste of money, right?

For what it's worth, there's a suspicion in me that the reason we offer 3 year deals to all and sundry is because it puts us ahead of the competing clubs, but we won't have to pay the rest up if the club does fold within the next 3 years. Poor practice I know, but there you go.. that's my feeling anyway.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:36]

You may well have a point there, although doesn't that support TS's "cheating" comment on page 1?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:41 - Aug 25 with 1587 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:39 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

You may well have a point there, although doesn't that support TS's "cheating" comment on page 1?

That doesn't mean we are actually doing that, it's just an inking of mine... if it does come to that then I wouldn't call it cheating, more a bit of a loophole.. however we are not and may never get to that stage thankfully/hopefully.

If we were cheating currently we would be placed under an embargo for breaching FFP, which we are not. This is the point I was making to TalkingSutty.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:45]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:44 - Aug 25 with 1573 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:41 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

That doesn't mean we are actually doing that, it's just an inking of mine... if it does come to that then I wouldn't call it cheating, more a bit of a loophole.. however we are not and may never get to that stage thankfully/hopefully.

If we were cheating currently we would be placed under an embargo for breaching FFP, which we are not. This is the point I was making to TalkingSutty.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:45]

Well if you're right, you could be watching an inking ship...

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:55 - Aug 25 with 1545 viewsR11BFC

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:10 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

But you've not expressed such scepticism of Day and his methods on your board in recent months. You were getting very giddy about some signings during the summer.

Fook me...i've got a stalker! Have you actually checked everyone of my posts then? And the ones on our separate message board that you dont have access too?!

I've spent 100s and 100s of hours over the last 4 years calling Mr Day to account it...but overall, i've got better things to do now tbh, so i just chip in as and when. Especially with him 'writing' some of the debt off - that was a big plus for me, even though i've still got massive doubts.

There's plenty of us (including me) still keeping an eye on things, but as has been proved at the likes of Blackburn, Coventry and Blackpool it's very difficult to get rid of an owner who doesnt want to go. Also, let's not forget Mr Day has been to every single home and away game in 4 years bar one...so whilst i dont agree with many of his business ethics, he's not a fly by night with no interest in football.

I doubt very much it would be any different at Rochdale (even with your holier than thou attitude) - just a mixed bag of human opinion. For example, i know Bury fans who now dont go because what has gone on with CCJs (not paying local tradesman is a disgrace) but others who say "fook it and enjoy the ride" and all sorts in between.

As said, i dont think it would be any different at Rochdale, yes by some like you with true morals maybe but most would have other things to think about in their life, like feeding their family. Or do you think there would be a mass boycott of 2500 fans at the first game...if something similar happened at your club?

Anyway, can we get back to talking football and the match tomorrow? Please! What score do you think it will be?

Oh and if it helps, i'd prefer Chris Dunphy to have been born in Bury (and not Milnrow) and be our Chairman.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:58 - Aug 25 with 1534 viewsdownunder

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:33 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Why does R11 keep voting posts up and down?

Up and down like a window cleaner up and down his ladder. Which reminds me of someone...
Dear Rochdale fans... on 12:08 - Aug 25 with 1516 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:55 - Aug 25 by R11BFC

Fook me...i've got a stalker! Have you actually checked everyone of my posts then? And the ones on our separate message board that you dont have access too?!

I've spent 100s and 100s of hours over the last 4 years calling Mr Day to account it...but overall, i've got better things to do now tbh, so i just chip in as and when. Especially with him 'writing' some of the debt off - that was a big plus for me, even though i've still got massive doubts.

There's plenty of us (including me) still keeping an eye on things, but as has been proved at the likes of Blackburn, Coventry and Blackpool it's very difficult to get rid of an owner who doesnt want to go. Also, let's not forget Mr Day has been to every single home and away game in 4 years bar one...so whilst i dont agree with many of his business ethics, he's not a fly by night with no interest in football.

I doubt very much it would be any different at Rochdale (even with your holier than thou attitude) - just a mixed bag of human opinion. For example, i know Bury fans who now dont go because what has gone on with CCJs (not paying local tradesman is a disgrace) but others who say "fook it and enjoy the ride" and all sorts in between.

As said, i dont think it would be any different at Rochdale, yes by some like you with true morals maybe but most would have other things to think about in their life, like feeding their family. Or do you think there would be a mass boycott of 2500 fans at the first game...if something similar happened at your club?

Anyway, can we get back to talking football and the match tomorrow? Please! What score do you think it will be?

Oh and if it helps, i'd prefer Chris Dunphy to have been born in Bury (and not Milnrow) and be our Chairman.

No, I haven't. I just spotted something after one of your plethora of signings.

Chill out.

As for tomorrow, I'm useless at predictions so I've no idea. On current form, it might finish 4-4!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 12:10]

Dear Rochdale fans... on 12:13 - Aug 25 with 1504 viewsR11BFC

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:31 - Aug 25 by dawlishdale

My understanding is he has capitalised a significant chunk of the debt to shares from his business; that's completely different to the huge revaluation of Gigg Lane which they did in a previous year, (which you're referring to)...so i'm with you on that one!

The 2nd part is much better for Bury FC though - for at least part of the debt owed to be converted into shares (which dont need to be repaid), e.g. would you rather have a £10M debt or a £5M debt, with the rest in shares? The figures are hypothetical btw.

What score do you think it will be tomorrow?!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 13:39]

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Dear Rochdale fans... on 13:07 - Aug 25 with 1404 viewsDaleiLama

A derby game might be just what we need to get the blood up and kick start our season.

My guess is 3-2 Dale. Perhaps a little more in hope than belief?

Up the Dale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024