Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Rochdale fans... 23:43 - Aug 24 with 17448 viewsBURYFC_1885

... I congratulate you in advance for your easy victory on Saturday..

On a more serious note, what's the feeling around the Dale camp ahead of Saturdays game?

I think any Bury fan would tell you they'd be amazed if Bury got anything from this fixture.. given our abysmal recent record at Spotland and poor form coming into the game. Lee Clark has done little so far to give the fans any optimism.

But who knows... they say form goes out of the window for Derby matches..

I'll go for 3-1 Dale.. Attendance of 4,900 with 1,600 Shakers. Play anything like we did in the league under Flitcroft at Spotland and it will get ugly after the match.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 23:44]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:13 - Aug 25 with 1894 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:11 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

It all means nothing,whatever the result just like when Notts county,Stockport etc did it,now they've found their level too,your times coming so enjoy it while it lasts...

I will, I enjoy supporting my local football club and will continue to do so.. if points mean nothing then you might want to contact the Football League who have obviously forgotten to put us under an embargo!

As for enjoy it while it lasts... irony at its finest.. Rochdale are at the pinnacle of their history at this moment in time are they not? Keith Hill won't be around forever...

TVOS, TalkingSutty and now you have failed to answer my questions... anyway it's a shame that this thread has developed into nothing more than petty arguments.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:16]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:16 - Aug 25 with 1882 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 09:52 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

As an aside TVOS and TalkingSutty.. at risk of taking the thread off topic although I feel this point has already been reached...

What would you suggest Bury fans do regarding Stewart Day that we haven't already tried?

I see you are generally full of criticism for Bury FC and their owners and wrongly associate this with Bury fans... so what do you suggest we do? Stop supporting the club?

Realistically, what would Rochdale fans have done differently had Stewart Day walked in and took over at Rochdale?

You blame a section of our support for 'enjoying the ride' but what is the other alternative? Being depressed over the state and prospects of the club? Many fans have families and priorities in their own life that take precedence over the running of Bury FC... at the end of a hard week they just want some relief by watching the team they support on a Saturday... that doesn't make them bad people does it?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:56]

It's impossible to say until we're in the same position, which, hopefully, we never will be.

What I would hope is that organisations like the Supporters Trust would get involved and not stand for the same sort of bullying and intimidation that Forever Bury had to contend with.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:17 - Aug 25 with 1881 viewsnordenblue

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:03 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

Again, are Bury fans now expected not to celebrate or cheer their team winning a local Derby?
What's the point in us taking any fans then going off of your logic... we might as well just stay at home and do something else with our weekend.

As I have asked TVOS and TalkingSutty... roles reversed what would Rochdale fans have done differently? Would they stop supporting Rochdale, a club they have supported their whole life? Would they sit in silence at Gigg Lane because they aren't allowed to celebrate or cheer their team?

Anyway, there is no chance of Bury winning on Saturday!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:11]

No theyd make some noise about it using the right channels...... call Day out on his statments and the things hes said in the media and obvious financial irregularities thats still going on, the concert that never happened,the new ground for 2018 thats not going to happen either..... the boys full of shit and most of you lemons just lap it all up while he continues to put your clubs future at risk
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:19 - Aug 25 with 1875 viewsnordenblue

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:13 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

I will, I enjoy supporting my local football club and will continue to do so.. if points mean nothing then you might want to contact the Football League who have obviously forgotten to put us under an embargo!

As for enjoy it while it lasts... irony at its finest.. Rochdale are at the pinnacle of their history at this moment in time are they not? Keith Hill won't be around forever...

TVOS, TalkingSutty and now you have failed to answer my questions... anyway it's a shame that this thread has developed into nothing more than petty arguments.

You'll find both me and tvos have given you suggestions,but again please don't let the facts cloud your little fantasy...
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:19 - Aug 25 with 1874 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:16 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

It's impossible to say until we're in the same position, which, hopefully, we never will be.

What I would hope is that organisations like the Supporters Trust would get involved and not stand for the same sort of bullying and intimidation that Forever Bury had to contend with.

And when the board take away the DaleTrust's seat on the board of directors this giving them no voice, as has happened with ForeverBury?
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:21 - Aug 25 with 1856 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:13 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

I've just answered your question and maybe TalkingSutty is otherwise engaged at the moment. I didn't realise there was a time limit.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:22 - Aug 25 with 1852 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:17 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

No theyd make some noise about it using the right channels...... call Day out on his statments and the things hes said in the media and obvious financial irregularities thats still going on, the concert that never happened,the new ground for 2018 thats not going to happen either..... the boys full of shit and most of you lemons just lap it all up while he continues to put your clubs future at risk

I think you will find NordenBlue that many Bury fans aren't lapping it up, not many at all infact.. yes you of course get some who do.. but then you would at Rochdale in the same situation.

As for fans calling Day out... what does this achieve exactly? You do realise Bury's official message board was shut down a few years ago for calling out the chairman?

Call him out all you want but when he's shut down your message board and distanced himself from the supporters trust... what do you suggest the next step is?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:25]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:24 - Aug 25 with 1848 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:21 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

I've just answered your question and maybe TalkingSutty is otherwise engaged at the moment. I didn't realise there was a time limit.

You posted as I was writing the post you quoted. You know this is this case. Apologies regardless.
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:26 - Aug 25 with 1833 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:19 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

And when the board take away the DaleTrust's seat on the board of directors this giving them no voice, as has happened with ForeverBury?

Like I said, it's impossible to say until we're in that position and without knowing the full facts.

As a whole fanbase, you have to put pressure on these individuals and hope they eventually crack. You also need to show a little more humility when supporters of other clubs, who are trying their best to survive and prosper within their means, express concern and annoyance at the sort of practice that's going on.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:30 - Aug 25 with 1819 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:24 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

You posted as I was writing the post you quoted. You know this is this case. Apologies regardless.

Apology accepted.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:32 - Aug 25 with 1813 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:26 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Like I said, it's impossible to say until we're in that position and without knowing the full facts.

As a whole fanbase, you have to put pressure on these individuals and hope they eventually crack. You also need to show a little more humility when supporters of other clubs, who are trying their best to survive and prosper within their means, express concern and annoyance at the sort of practice that's going on.

We have attempted to put pressure on.. but Stewart Day has taken away our voice barring a few vetted Q&A sessions. As for the humility comment... it's unrealistic to expect Bury fans to not cheer their team winning.. regardless of who is in charge. As I've stated earlier many fans have other priorities in their own life and use football as a means of escape.

Like I've said also, I wish no ill on Rochdale however should they find themselves in a similar situation it would be interesting to see what happens given some of the comments on this and other threads. Memories last a long time... comments made by posters today may come back to bite them one day!

I would donate to Dale if they were in trouble.. even if 90% of the fans weren't very nice, there's still a decent 10% (hypothetical of course) that deserve a club to support.

There are a lot of decent people supporting both Bury and Rochdale who sadly have little control over what goes on at their club.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:35]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:33 - Aug 25 with 1805 viewsTVOS1907

Why does R11 keep voting posts up and down?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:35 - Aug 25 with 1797 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:32 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

We have attempted to put pressure on.. but Stewart Day has taken away our voice barring a few vetted Q&A sessions. As for the humility comment... it's unrealistic to expect Bury fans to not cheer their team winning.. regardless of who is in charge. As I've stated earlier many fans have other priorities in their own life and use football as a means of escape.

Like I've said also, I wish no ill on Rochdale however should they find themselves in a similar situation it would be interesting to see what happens given some of the comments on this and other threads. Memories last a long time... comments made by posters today may come back to bite them one day!

I would donate to Dale if they were in trouble.. even if 90% of the fans weren't very nice, there's still a decent 10% (hypothetical of course) that deserve a club to support.

There are a lot of decent people supporting both Bury and Rochdale who sadly have little control over what goes on at their club.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:35]

I never mentioned showing humility at games.

And I agree with your edited comments.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:38]

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:37 - Aug 25 with 1793 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:35 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

I never mentioned showing humility at games.

And I agree with your edited comments.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:38]

Perhaps you didn't, but certainly NordenBlue follows that line of argument.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:42 - Aug 25 with 1772 viewsTalkingSutty

What would i do about it if my Club was millions and millions of pounds in debt but then signed a load of high rollers on wages that clearly couldn't be serviced on one of the poorest home attendances in the lower leagues?...i'd shit myself. Then whenever i picked up a newspaper and was wondering when our next court summons was due it would give me sleepless nights. The local companies that are made to whistle for their money would make me feel embarrassed.

I feel at Rochdale we have enough strong willed fans to run any Day like character out of town or at least put them on the back foot. It's a convenient excuse to say that you aren't happy, but really the silence from your fans is deafening.

We try to balance the books and constantly sell our best players to replace them with players of less ability, one step forward, two steps back. You tell me, on burys gates how can they afford to bring in the players they have and service that hugh debt whilst maintaining the day to day running of the Club?
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:50 - Aug 25 with 1751 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:42 - Aug 25 by TalkingSutty

What would i do about it if my Club was millions and millions of pounds in debt but then signed a load of high rollers on wages that clearly couldn't be serviced on one of the poorest home attendances in the lower leagues?...i'd shit myself. Then whenever i picked up a newspaper and was wondering when our next court summons was due it would give me sleepless nights. The local companies that are made to whistle for their money would make me feel embarrassed.

I feel at Rochdale we have enough strong willed fans to run any Day like character out of town or at least put them on the back foot. It's a convenient excuse to say that you aren't happy, but really the silence from your fans is deafening.

We try to balance the books and constantly sell our best players to replace them with players of less ability, one step forward, two steps back. You tell me, on burys gates how can they afford to bring in the players they have and service that hugh debt whilst maintaining the day to day running of the Club?

Bury have been a football club for 132 years.. 128 of those spent balancing the books just like Rochdale do. As for the 'enough strong willed fans' comment you simply cannot make such comments unless you find yourself in a similar situation.

Are you suggesting also, that Blackpool, Coventry and Leyton Orient fans are not strong willed enough?

Again as for the 'silence is deafening' comment.. simply not true. For reasons highlighted in previous posts of mine.

At the end of the Day (pun not intended) it is the chairman that owns the club TalkingSutty.. if the Dale Trust has been effectively dissolved then what is calling him out going to achieve?

Is the thread too far gone to wish both sets of supporters a good game on Saturday?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 10:53]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:56 - Aug 25 with 1738 viewsR11BFC

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:33 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Why does R11 keep voting posts up and down?

Coz i'm bored and 'enjoying' it.

As Camden Dale says:

Christ almighty, the guy just came on to ask what Dale fans think about the game on Saturday. Give it a rest. Bury is just a football club not a source of evil.

This high minded moral hysteria is a freaking bore if nothing else...

As you well know, i'm not a fan of Mr Day and have done all sorts - writing to the press, contacting radio stations, arranging a private meeting with him, etc., etc. Even enlisting the help from some of the more sensible guys on here. But as Camden Dale says, it has become a bit of a bore now and tbf to Mr Day he has 'written' some of the debt off and we're seeing some fruition from our youth policy. I still think it will all go pear shaped though...as many Bury fans do.

Anyway, back to the OP's question - we're gonna get fookin' spanked. Camps, Allen & Co will run rings around our midfield.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:59 - Aug 25 with 1725 viewsBURYFC_1885

This thread would only be 4 posts long if all went to plan.. talk about opening a can of worms!
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:01 - Aug 25 with 1722 viewsD_Alien

This is getting us nowhere. Whilst I accept your OP might've been well-intended, there's a certain obsequiousness to the "you'll win on Saturday" approach that doesn't quite sit well with many Dale folk

Let's just say our one appearance at Wembley was overshadowed by the knowledge that Stockport were going about their business the same way as Bury - buying players and paying wages they couldn't afford - and on the back of their gloating fans in the concourses we simply won't stomach those of other clubs doing the same. I get your point about "what can we do about it" but let me give you a smallish but significant example

At the back end of last season, our longstanding match announcer/DJ handed his notice in. A new guy was appointed after interviews and introduced on our website. The previous one then announced his new job had fallen through and it was mooted by the club he could then continue in the role he'd left. As a fanbase, we immediately stood up and said "That's not right, that's not how we do business, just put it right". In short measure, the new lad was duly confirmed. So on a much bigger scale, I'm pretty damn sure we wouldn't stand for what your chairman gets up to, at other people's expense. I for one would stop going, and go and watch a variety of games if I needed a live football fix

I bear you no ill-will, and accept your initial intentions were fair, but there are alternatives to supporting blatant cheats who put other people's livelihoods at risk through non-payment and would do the same to you given the chance

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:05 - Aug 25 with 1695 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:01 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

This is getting us nowhere. Whilst I accept your OP might've been well-intended, there's a certain obsequiousness to the "you'll win on Saturday" approach that doesn't quite sit well with many Dale folk

Let's just say our one appearance at Wembley was overshadowed by the knowledge that Stockport were going about their business the same way as Bury - buying players and paying wages they couldn't afford - and on the back of their gloating fans in the concourses we simply won't stomach those of other clubs doing the same. I get your point about "what can we do about it" but let me give you a smallish but significant example

At the back end of last season, our longstanding match announcer/DJ handed his notice in. A new guy was appointed after interviews and introduced on our website. The previous one then announced his new job had fallen through and it was mooted by the club he could then continue in the role he'd left. As a fanbase, we immediately stood up and said "That's not right, that's not how we do business, just put it right". In short measure, the new lad was duly confirmed. So on a much bigger scale, I'm pretty damn sure we wouldn't stand for what your chairman gets up to, at other people's expense. I for one would stop going, and go and watch a variety of games if I needed a live football fix

I bear you no ill-will, and accept your initial intentions were fair, but there are alternatives to supporting blatant cheats who put other people's livelihoods at risk through non-payment and would do the same to you given the chance

A good and fair post

However comparing the time when Rochdale got a new DJ to the task of effectively removing clubs owner is a poor comparison..

One is a relatively trivial matter the other is asking the chairman to leave the club likely against his will. I think you'd find the latter task much harder.. ask Leyton Orient, Coventry or Blackpool fans.

Perhaps one day this holier than thou attitude will be tested if Dale find themselves in such a situation. Regardless.. I shall leave it at that this thread has ran its course.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:08]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:08 - Aug 25 with 1675 viewsChaffRAFC

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:05 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

A good and fair post

However comparing the time when Rochdale got a new DJ to the task of effectively removing clubs owner is a poor comparison..

One is a relatively trivial matter the other is asking the chairman to leave the club likely against his will. I think you'd find the latter task much harder.. ask Leyton Orient, Coventry or Blackpool fans.

Perhaps one day this holier than thou attitude will be tested if Dale find themselves in such a situation. Regardless.. I shall leave it at that this thread has ran its course.

It is a big difference but the point is, if you want him gone (And I believe you should), then you're making no effort to make that happen. Look at Blackpool and Blackburn for example. Protesting all the time. It's not worked yet granted but not enough of your fans see it as an issue, otherwise they would be more vocal.

There's no way on Earth we'd stand for it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:08 - Aug 25 with 1665 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:01 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

I don't know what the result will be on Saturday. I hope we run riot and rack up 5 or 6. But I would take a dubious penalty or a deflected goal to win it.

What I do know is that is the first time obsequiousness has been used on any football forum in the world ever. Well done D_Alien.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:10 - Aug 25 with 1647 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 10:56 - Aug 25 by R11BFC

Coz i'm bored and 'enjoying' it.

As Camden Dale says:

Christ almighty, the guy just came on to ask what Dale fans think about the game on Saturday. Give it a rest. Bury is just a football club not a source of evil.

This high minded moral hysteria is a freaking bore if nothing else...

As you well know, i'm not a fan of Mr Day and have done all sorts - writing to the press, contacting radio stations, arranging a private meeting with him, etc., etc. Even enlisting the help from some of the more sensible guys on here. But as Camden Dale says, it has become a bit of a bore now and tbf to Mr Day he has 'written' some of the debt off and we're seeing some fruition from our youth policy. I still think it will all go pear shaped though...as many Bury fans do.

Anyway, back to the OP's question - we're gonna get fookin' spanked. Camps, Allen & Co will run rings around our midfield.

But you've not expressed such scepticism of Day and his methods on your board in recent months. You were getting very giddy about some signings during the summer.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:13 - Aug 25 with 1641 viewsD_Alien

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:05 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

A good and fair post

I said myself it was on a much smaller scale, but I also said you have a choice whether to support a rip-off merchant's endeavours at other people's expense. Fans of every club have that choice, and you're entitled to make your own decisions but i wouldn't set foot in Spotland under the same circumstances

[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:13 - Aug 25 with 1637 viewsBURYFC_1885

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:08 - Aug 25 by ChaffRAFC

It is a big difference but the point is, if you want him gone (And I believe you should), then you're making no effort to make that happen. Look at Blackpool and Blackburn for example. Protesting all the time. It's not worked yet granted but not enough of your fans see it as an issue, otherwise they would be more vocal.

There's no way on Earth we'd stand for it.

Fair points but with all due respect our situation at this moment isn't quite as severe as Blackpool and Blackburn.. the chairman has at least reduced debt as R11 says. We shall see won't we but I don't think it's at the boycott stage yet. We haven't been placed under any sanctions as I've gone over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024