Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Rochdale fans... 23:43 - Aug 24 with 17445 viewsBURYFC_1885

... I congratulate you in advance for your easy victory on Saturday..

On a more serious note, what's the feeling around the Dale camp ahead of Saturdays game?

I think any Bury fan would tell you they'd be amazed if Bury got anything from this fixture.. given our abysmal recent record at Spotland and poor form coming into the game. Lee Clark has done little so far to give the fans any optimism.

But who knows... they say form goes out of the window for Derby matches..

I'll go for 3-1 Dale.. Attendance of 4,900 with 1,600 Shakers. Play anything like we did in the league under Flitcroft at Spotland and it will get ugly after the match.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 23:44]
Dear Rochdale fans... on 13:29 - Aug 25 with 2330 viewsdingdangblue

Dear Rochdale fans... on 11:16 - Aug 25 by Danny1907

As far as I'm aware Camps is injured and Hill's persistence of playing either Canavan or McNulty is going to ruin what is the potential to be a great team. We've looked toothless going forward but the goals will come with Davies, Done et al.

We have a great record against you in recent times and while I'm always pessimistic when we play you, I have no doubt we'll lose tomorrow - I hope I'm wrong but Beckford will ruin our defence. If Nthle is playing just attack down the left side and you'll have no problems scoring.

Hill has just said we have 6-8 players out injured tomorrow!

Can think of Lillis,Camps,Allen,Brown ? Who else?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 13:31 - Aug 25 with 2322 viewsAtThePeake

Dear Rochdale fans... on 13:29 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

Rathbone, Andrew and Bunney didn't feature in midweek.

Tangled up in blue.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 14:42 - Aug 25 with 2223 viewsDanny1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 13:29 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

So that's no Allen, Rathbone and Camps for midfield...I'm dreading tomorrow, I think it's time to stop going to Tenerife because it's like this every year. My guess would be no Lillis, Brown, Bunney, Camps, Allen, Rathbone, Calvin and Keane went off at half time at Stoke - injured of not, I'm not sure.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 15:21 - Aug 25 with 2174 viewsD_Alien

Dear Rochdale fans... on 14:42 - Aug 25 by Danny1907

So that's no Allen, Rathbone and Camps for midfield...I'm dreading tomorrow, I think it's time to stop going to Tenerife because it's like this every year. My guess would be no Lillis, Brown, Bunney, Camps, Allen, Rathbone, Calvin and Keane went off at half time at Stoke - injured of not, I'm not sure.

Think Keane's subbing was tactical

We could be looking at something like:

Moore
Rafferty McGahey McNulty Nthle
Inman Keane Kitching
Done Davies Hendo

The main thing, imo, is keeping the back four in their proper places. Kitching could help protect Nthle on the left whilst allowing the latter to bomb forward when possible

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dear Rochdale fans... on 15:27 - Aug 25 with 2160 viewsBobbyjoe

Failing to pay debts is disgraceful and shameful, and any business which, with malice aforethought, does that, should be shutdown, and its owners made to pay them, however long it takes. But are bury uniquely egregious offenders in this respect? Don't Bolton, for example, have debts totalling £150 million or so (I think I read somewhere), and don't the overwhelming majority of clubs operate in a similar fashion?

Dale had better hope that they don't fall victim to similar circumstances, because that's all they will be...circumstances! Like it or not, English professional football is , and always has been, the plaything of wealthy, (usually) men,

Anyway, it must be a massive game tomorrow because I and McColleague are going. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing all their exciting new players, but trusting that football will once again prove that throwing money at it is no guarantee of anything.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 15:57 - Aug 25 with 2106 viewspioneer

Dear Rochdale fans... on 15:27 - Aug 25 by Bobbyjoe

Failing to pay debts is disgraceful and shameful, and any business which, with malice aforethought, does that, should be shutdown, and its owners made to pay them, however long it takes. But are bury uniquely egregious offenders in this respect? Don't Bolton, for example, have debts totalling £150 million or so (I think I read somewhere), and don't the overwhelming majority of clubs operate in a similar fashion?

Dale had better hope that they don't fall victim to similar circumstances, because that's all they will be...circumstances! Like it or not, English professional football is , and always has been, the plaything of wealthy, (usually) men,

Anyway, it must be a massive game tomorrow because I and McColleague are going. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing all their exciting new players, but trusting that football will once again prove that throwing money at it is no guarantee of anything.

There have been times in our history that we have had awful debts and not paid out to suppliers - going back to 1970s and 1980s in particular. What did the fans of the club (the few we had) do then. Nothing because there was nothing we could do.

Maybe the club should have been shutdown, but I am glad we weren't and eventually people took over with better business practices.

I do wish we could be a little more humble about all of this, the fans of the dark side of Heywood are unfortunate to have a team run by someone who probably doesnt have the best interests of the club at the forefront of his decisions. They deserve a well run club as much as the fans of any other club.

That doesnt stop me despising everything from the dark side of Heywood but lets not get too arrogant about club finances - we once had Tommy Cannon in charge! If ever someone would have failed a fit and proper test it was him.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 16:10 - Aug 25 with 2084 viewsSuddenLad

The massive £180 million debt at Bolton is owed to their owner, who has effectively said he doesn't want it back, but that crucially, they will be getting no more, (from him) under any circumstances.

They will never be chased for that repayment, but as they are seriously struggling with other financial woes, it's perhaps just as well. All's not well at Bolton.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dear Rochdale fans... on 16:34 - Aug 25 with 2044 viewsD_Alien

Dear Rochdale fans... on 15:57 - Aug 25 by pioneer

There have been times in our history that we have had awful debts and not paid out to suppliers - going back to 1970s and 1980s in particular. What did the fans of the club (the few we had) do then. Nothing because there was nothing we could do.

Maybe the club should have been shutdown, but I am glad we weren't and eventually people took over with better business practices.

I do wish we could be a little more humble about all of this, the fans of the dark side of Heywood are unfortunate to have a team run by someone who probably doesnt have the best interests of the club at the forefront of his decisions. They deserve a well run club as much as the fans of any other club.

That doesnt stop me despising everything from the dark side of Heywood but lets not get too arrogant about club finances - we once had Tommy Cannon in charge! If ever someone would have failed a fit and proper test it was him.

The only arrogance on display is the huge spending going on at bury, something which would never have happened at any stage of Dale's humble history

That's the pretty important difference here, if you don't mind me saying so

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Dear Rochdale fans... on 16:45 - Aug 25 with 2013 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 15:57 - Aug 25 by pioneer

Surely you remember things like the Fighting Fund? I've got pictures of supporters helping out left, right and centre at the club.

Despite our financial troubles - which certainly weren't brought about by over-spending on players - our fans of that time, including yourself, deserve credit for helping to keep the club going and strengthening to what we have today.

I certainly imagine there was no lauding it over any other clubs as we avoided another re-election.

Well, expect Altrincham, maybe.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 16:49]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 16:47 - Aug 25 with 2005 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 14:42 - Aug 25 by Danny1907

I imagine several of the absences at Stoke were done with Saturday's game specifically in mind.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of those you name are involved tomorrow.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 16:48 - Aug 25 with 2000 viewsTVOS1907

You are of course right, BJ, but the difference here is we don't have Bolton fans pontificating and trying to provoke reactions on our forum, nor are Bolton one of our divisional rivals.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:15 - Aug 25 with 1941 viewsAtThePeake

Two more signings for Bury this afternoon.

But remember, they released 3,000 youth teamers in the summer so they can definitely afford it.

Tangled up in blue.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:18 - Aug 25 with 1929 views442Dale

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/15477290.Tutte_heads_list_in_Clark_s_Gigg_clear
<<“The squad is starting to creep up in numbers,” said Clark. “I didn’t want that to happen.">>

Today:
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/seagull-ince-swoops-in-at-carrington/
But it's ok, because the chairman went to watch him play along with Clark and Thompson. Oh and they're sending players they signed this summer that were seeing the numbers "creep up" out on loan to Southport.

And thennnnn...
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/confirmed-defender-williams-arrives-fr

The time has come for Clark and Flitcroft to have a competition to see who can fill a Panini album the quickest.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:24 - Aug 25 with 1910 viewsaleanddale

Dear Rochdale fans... on 12:13 - Aug 25 by R11BFC

My understanding is he has capitalised a significant chunk of the debt to shares from his business; that's completely different to the huge revaluation of Gigg Lane which they did in a previous year, (which you're referring to)...so i'm with you on that one!

The 2nd part is much better for Bury FC though - for at least part of the debt owed to be converted into shares (which dont need to be repaid), e.g. would you rather have a £10M debt or a £5M debt, with the rest in shares? The figures are hypothetical btw.

What score do you think it will be tomorrow?!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 13:39]

some proper reverse tweeking on the OP!

I will do the same for counterbalance and go for 0-5.

R11 / Spee and one or two other bucket shakers are welcome visitors they should come over more.

I am not hopeful at all tomorrow and we look threadbare!!

Got to trust Hilly has a masterplan and no doubt he can out perform his oppo Lee Clark.

Bury are massive at 3/1 on Betfair. They have never had a better chance of claiming bragging rights in recent years.

The Dale players need to be on the money tomorrow... the longer we keep level the better and then I think we can nick a win. Bury score first and I feel the worse after our late midweek (Weds ) game.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:26 - Aug 25 with 1905 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:18 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/15477290.Tutte_heads_list_in_Clark_s_Gigg_clear
<<“The squad is starting to creep up in numbers,” said Clark. “I didn’t want that to happen.">>

Today:
But it's ok, because the chairman went to watch him play along with Clark and Thompson. Oh and they're sending players they signed this summer that were seeing the numbers "creep up" out on loan to Southport.

And thennnnn...
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/confirmed-defender-williams-arrives-fr

The time has come for Clark and Flitcroft to have a competition to see who can fill a Panini album the quickest.

Unbelievable.

How about with what you've got and putting 15/16 year-olds on the bench like we did at Stoke?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 17:28]

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 1894 views442Dale

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/clark-delighted-with-new-additions/
So, to clarify, they are going for quality and not quantity and there won't be 22 players to come in to replace those that left.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bury-fc/transfers/verein/2413
According to the above link, Clark is right... because discounting the three at the bottom of the list who were already at the club (I think), and then adding on the two that joined today, it's only 21 replacements.

Splendid.

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:29 - Aug 25 with 1887 viewsdingdangblue

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:18 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Today:

And thennnnn...

And I bet they both start tomorrow - like Flitcroft lost the changing room by throwing players straight into the team and upsetting current squad members - team spirit and morale - what's that? I wonder if Alex Bruce has left?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:30 - Aug 25 with 1887 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:28 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/clark-delighted-with-new-additions/
So, to clarify, they are going for quality and not quantity and there won't be 22 players to come in to replace those that left.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bury-fc/transfers/verein/2413
According to the above link, Clark is right... because discounting the three at the bottom of the list who were already at the club (I think), and then adding on the two that joined today, it's only 21 replacements.

Splendid.

Maybe he meant "there will certainly not be 22 replacements" per month!

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 1790 viewsR11BFC

Dear Rochdale fans... on 17:24 - Aug 25 by aleanddale

some proper reverse tweeking on the OP!

I will do the same for counterbalance and go for 0-5.

R11 / Spee and one or two other bucket shakers are welcome visitors they should come over more.

I am not hopeful at all tomorrow and we look threadbare!!

Got to trust Hilly has a masterplan and no doubt he can out perform his oppo Lee Clark.

Bury are massive at 3/1 on Betfair. They have never had a better chance of claiming bragging rights in recent years.

The Dale players need to be on the money tomorrow... the longer we keep level the better and then I think we can nick a win. Bury score first and I feel the worse after our late midweek (Weds ) game.

Cheers Ale - appreciated.

I like your optimism on behalf of Bury...but it's the same as mine but the other way round! We've 9 injured and Clark has nowhere near created a team, just a bunch of players who dont really seem to know what they're doing.

I'd take nil nil now.

Oh...and can we have Chris Beech please?!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 18:15]

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:17 - Aug 25 with 1769 viewsDale23years

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:13 - Aug 25 by R11BFC

Cheers Ale - appreciated.

I like your optimism on behalf of Bury...but it's the same as mine but the other way round! We've 9 injured and Clark has nowhere near created a team, just a bunch of players who dont really seem to know what they're doing.

I'd take nil nil now.

Oh...and can we have Chris Beech please?!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 18:15]

2 more players in today how big is your squad now

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:31 - Aug 25 with 1729 viewsR11BFC

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:17 - Aug 25 by Dale23years

2 more players in today how big is your squad now

30 with Sang going out on loan. But 2 or 3 others will go before transfer deadline day (Tutte for one and hopefully Bruce). As said, we have 9 injured (many long term) so we're down to 20ish really, with 3 being kids.

Still too many though, especially as Clark said he wanted 22/23. We were warned by a Huddersfield fan...which when you think was his best tenure, is worrying to say the least.

How many in your squad btw?

For your bedroom wall:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:38 - Aug 25 with 1707 views442Dale

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:31 - Aug 25 by R11BFC

30 with Sang going out on loan. But 2 or 3 others will go before transfer deadline day (Tutte for one and hopefully Bruce). As said, we have 9 injured (many long term) so we're down to 20ish really, with 3 being kids.

Still too many though, especially as Clark said he wanted 22/23. We were warned by a Huddersfield fan...which when you think was his best tenure, is worrying to say the least.

How many in your squad btw?

For your bedroom wall:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

27. That includes Collis and BBM who are really coaches and three 'youth team' players, who we included on the bench at Stoke.

That's something else that makes no sense at Gigg Lane, there's this decent youth system so why not include them in the squad rather than sign someone from Huddersfield's equivalent on loan?

According to that transfer website http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bury-fc/transfers/verein/2413 and doing the best to ignore 'end of loans' counting, from the close season prior to 2013/14 they have made well over 100 signings.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 19:02]

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:57 - Aug 25 with 1656 viewsDale23years

Dear Rochdale fans... on 18:38 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

27. That includes Collis and BBM who are really coaches and three 'youth team' players, who we included on the bench at Stoke.

That's something else that makes no sense at Gigg Lane, there's this decent youth system so why not include them in the squad rather than sign someone from Huddersfield's equivalent on loan?

According to that transfer website http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bury-fc/transfers/verein/2413 and doing the best to ignore 'end of loans' counting, from the close season prior to 2013/14 they have made well over 100 signings.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 19:02]

I'd take any one of burys defenders (except Danns) than the 2 shite we have In central defence at the moment.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Dear Rochdale fans... on 19:14 - Aug 25 with 1624 viewsrichfoad32

Regardless of whether they can afford it or not (I have no idea), Rohan Ince is a quality signing.
Dear Rochdale fans... on 19:14 - Aug 25 with 1623 viewsTalkingSutty

I'm going to agree with the OP and go for a Dale victory tomorrow, maybe 2-1. The fact Hilly states we could have up to 8 injuries is what gives me optimism. I translate his comments as 'we have a few missing, but i have something up my sleeve and Dale fans will be pleasantly surprised by the starting eleven'.👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024